XVape XLUX ROFFU

Petetbay

Do you think that Wolkenkraft Bubbler will work on Xmax V3 pro ?
My best guess is yes, you could contact them to confirm it though they might just say buy the Xmax bubbler as you’re going to need the V3Pro wpa/glass/bubbler adapter anyway to use the Wolkenkraft bubbler.

Petetbay,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I had noticed the vapor was not as thick and the hits were getting 'airy' with my OG Roffu. After much fiddling, I could not get a proper seal so I simply swapped out my silicone grommet that sits above the oven and the problem was fixed.
If you look at the pic below, the old OG with many 1000's of puffs is on the right and actually looks taller than the new one,
1721526184843-webp.55560

So, if you think your Roffu is not performing how it used to, try replacing the grommet...even if it looks good as it may be the culprit.:tup:

GymWolf

I have a question about the roffu, are the glass chamber that cool down faster and not using the dosing capsules the way to go for on demand mode?

Because i guess that the metal chamber + dosing capsules stay hot for way longer so the weed get consumed a bit even when you are not hitting the vape, right? (And that would erase the purpose of on demand)
I like to do temp step and get as many hits from a load as opposed to trying to clear a bowl with 1-2 hits so i guess that something that cool down faster is the right choice.

I find dosing capsules extremely useful as a concept when you are on the go, but if the trade off is wasting more weed then i can do without.

P.s. mr @LesPlenty do you have any discount code for magicvaporizer.it for the roffu?
(Not sure if i can ask directly for a discount code, sorry in advance)

Last edited:

dukes00

I have a question about the roffu, are the glass chamber that cool down faster and not using the dosing capsules the way to go for on demand mode?

Because i guess that the metal chamber + dosing capsules stay hot for way longer so the weed get consumed a bit even when you are not hitting the vape, right? (And that would erase the purpose of on demand)
I like to do temp step and get as many hits from a load as opposed to trying to clear a bowl with 1-2 hits so i guess that something that cool down faster is the right choice.

I find dosing capsules extremely useful as a concept when you are on the go, but if the trade off is wasting more weed then i can do without.

P.s. mr @LesPlenty do you have any discount code for magicvaporizer.it for the roffu?
(Not sure if i can ask directly for a discount code, sorry in advance)
I feel like with just the dosing capsules in a glass chamber the added thermal mass is so low it doesn’t really make a difference

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Not my preferred method, and I don't have drect experience with trying both methods, but I think that metal, as a better thermal conductor, heats faster and cools faster than glass.
My assumption would be that metal chamber, no capsule might be the best for the temp stepping on-demand hits you want...

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Because i guess that the metal chamber + dosing capsules stay hot for way longer so the weed get consumed a bit even when you are not hitting the vape, right?
Keep pulling after you let the button off and the capsule cools enough to stop vaporizing pretty quickly...that said, I prefer the glass oven when 1 hitting on the sly and want to spread the session over a few puffs.

Pishorkata

After 2+ years and around 20k puffs on the counter my unit pretty much died :uhoh:
For the last few days it had issues turning on. I usually charge my batteries outside the vape, but yesterday I decided to plug it via USB and it started charging (showed the battery level correctly) but trying to power it on while charging (not good for battery but I was just testing) it showed a flashing message 'Short circuit'.
To be fair I'm not that surprised that it failed, as I've been treating it rather harshly. It's been dropped occasionally, also used few times in humid environment, which the 'short circuit' message is probably related to. On top of that, what I've been using for more than 2 years is a review unit, so I assume it's one of first batches produced.

I've had some minor issues through the years, but nothing to make me stop using it daily. Which leads me to the question whether or not I want to buy a newer version.
- One of the issues was the loose ovens, due to the o-rings in old versions. I know for a fact this is fixed in latest versions, but I was wondering how exactly? Is there a difference in the shape of the oven, or just using different o-ring? This is important to me, because I'll probably get a 'lite kit' Roffu which comes only with a glass oven, and I'm wondering if I'll be able to use the old-version steel one.
- Next issue I had was cracked plastic in the cooling unit/mouthpiece. I assumed this was due to me dropping my unit, but few users have reported this happening without drops. To be fair I'm not sure if the crack had any impact on the performance, but I was just wondering if this has maybe been addressed by XVape team.
- Then, there was also the temporarily heating up after swapping batteries. Normal behavior is to just vibrate and show the Roffu logo, but on rare occasions my unit would also turn on the heater for a brief second, it's noticable if you put your finger on top of it. But please don't burn yourself if you test this :D Seriously though, even for 1-2 seconds you can seriously burn your finger. I think this is a very rare issue though, as only me and just few other people have mentioned this on some of the first posts in this thread (so I assume this is also related to first-gen units?)
- One small issue occurred rather often on my end - that would be not turning on properly after the five presses on the main button. The unit would vibrate & show logo, but it would turn off again after logo is hidden (as if you just swap batteries). Not a big deal, I just press it again (it does this only once after not being used for a while). But would be nice if fixed in new versions
- Then there's the rubber smell that some people report on their new units. Usually rubber smell is rather normal for new products, but some people claim the smell stays even after thorough cleaning & burnoff sessions. Personally I never had this issue with my unit. The foam packaging in the box definitely stinks like rubber, but on the unit itself (or during vape session) I never felt rubber-y smell. But I came accross some recent posts on reddit in particular, about people getting newer versions of the Roffu and still having this heavy rubber smell.
- And lastly, that's more of a question than issue - I got the impression, that Roffu doesn't feature 100% isolated air path, but on the first page here I saw this being advertised? Can someone confirm for certain if this unit features isolated air path? I think this is a pretty big feature if available.

Honestly, if the older steel oven fits the newest Roffu, I think this will be enough for me to order new one, but it would be nice if most of the concerns above are already addressed and fixed.
Also, anyone knows some good deals for the Roffu on EU retailers? Most of the places got it for 150EUR just for lite kit, I see the same one on some US retailers for ~90 USD (of couse we gotta take into account shipping + import taxes, I guess this increases price for EU retailers)

Cheers :cheers:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
After 2+ years and around 20k puffs on the counter
Not a bad run but it may not be dead, I had the same error message on my OG unit when I tried to use it without a battery on a high output usb-c plug. Have you tried using a different battery as any voltage problem will set of the error message and shut the unit down for safety reasons.
Is there a difference in the shape of the oven, or just using different o-ring?
The new oven uses a stainless steel spring retainer where the o-ring used to be.
Then, there was also the temporarily heating up after swapping batteries.
My OG does this but my latest versions have never shown the fault.
cracked plastic in the cooling unit
This must be due to being dropped or the magnets have been left to snap aggressively, like just dropping the cooling unit on. Also, I clean mine with 100% iso even though it is not recommended...I like to test these things myself to see if that was the problem.
The unit would vibrate & show logo, but it would turn off again
My OG and first revision would do this but my newest has not.
But I came accross some recent posts on reddit in particular, about people getting newer versions of the Roffu and still having this heavy rubber smell.
Subjective, I also believe some may be sensitive to the kanthal heater and put this down to rubber
I got the impression, that Roffu doesn't feature 100% isolated air path
It has not in my testing/use.
Honestly, if the older steel oven fits the newest Roffu, I think this will be enough for me to order new one, but it would be nice if most of the concerns above are already addressed and fixed.
They are all interchangeable.
Most of the places got it for 150EUR just for lite kit
My links for EU are all about the same price as your research...maybe someone else may have a link to share?

rpr

Hey guys, I just picked up an Xlux Roffu. Great vapor density but I’m a bit disappointed in the taste. My frame of reference is a Zeus Arc GT3 (gold plated vapor path). I was expecting an improvement in taste by moving from conduction to convection but the taste is no where as good as the Zeus GT3. Im currently using the dosing capsules in the glass oven.

Would you expect the taste to be better in thenZeus GT3 or do you think something might be amiss in my unit. I’ve been vaping between 325F and 350F. There’s next to no vapor at temps lower than that.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Would you expect the taste to be better in thenZeus GT3
I do not own the Zeus but some new owners of the Roffu do worry about the 'new car' smell coming from the silicone in the cooling unit. A good wash and dry in direct sunlight can speed up the silicone becoming neutral.
Another way to improve on the taste is to not use the dosing cups and only sprinkle-fill the glass oven to avoid conduction. Doing this with the glass mouthpiece installed directly above the oven to negate most of the silicone from the vapor path improves the flavour again.

rpr

I’m pretty sensitive to plastic odor and taste and fortunately I’m not getting that like some other users are. The taste just doesn’t compare to the Zeus which is a conduction unit. I’m using metal dosing “ArcPod” capsules in the Zeus, so I’ll try your suggestion but it’s as close as possible to an apples to apples comparison right now with metal dosing cups being used in each. I’m also already using the glass WPA mouthpiece on the Roffu. Maybe I’ll try lower temps again. Thanks for the feedback.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I’m also already using the glass WPA mouthpiece on the Roffu.
Cool, don't forget to mount the glass directly above the oven to remove most of the silicone from the vapor path,
If you are still unsatisfied with the taste, you may be one of the few people who can taste the Kanthal heating element used here in the Roffu.

avtpl

Friends, I want to share my experience of using Roffu.

When I bought Roffu, I was just overjoyed. The device was technologically advanced, beautiful, and compact. Before that, I had experience using Dynavap. To celebrate, I bought a bunch of capsules, spare parts in several sets, as well as 2 more Roffu in stock!! The fact is that I do not live in a very friendly country for the 4:20 theme and decided to stock up for years to come. In total, I have 3 Roffus and a bunch of additional accessories. I spent a lot of money, but I didn't worry about it, because I thought I had found my ideal and would always use it.

In the beginning, I saw only one advantage. The only thing that confused me was the difficult cleaning and the smell of silicone, as well as the presence of silicone in the air duct. I put up with the smell of silicone, I knew from experience that it would go away with time.

After a while, I came to an unpleasant discovery that changed my view of Roffu. I found that the effect through Dynavap is 1.5 - 2 times stronger than in Roffu with the same number of colors. It is important if the Dynavap is heated after the second click for another 4 seconds on microdoses. This made me very upset and I started looking for the reason for the low efficiency

Later, I bought Tiny Might 2 (TM2) and was able to fully compare the operation of the evaporator at high temperature. TM2 turned out to be at an unattainable height with an effect 2 times stronger than in Roffu. That is, TM2 is approximately equal in strength to Dynavap.

A little later, I conducted detailed tests by measuring the temperature inside the Roffu chamber with a thermocouple. The results were disappointing and answered all my questions. With 220 degrees Celsius installed on the Roffu, the temperature hardly reached 160-170 degrees Celsius in chamber on a very long puff! At 260 degrees in the TM2 chamber .

I also didn't like that the upper part of the Roffu heater, which goes out into the chamber, is heated, creating a conductive effect! And the air goes through the Roffu electronic components when inhaled (I read about this in this forum, if I'm not mistaken.) After all, if you clamp the air intake hole and pull, then the air will go through the housing where the electronics are located.

I don't want to demonize the product. Roffu is very ergonomic, and it feels like candy in your hand! Aesthetically, it is beautiful! But for me personally, functionality is more important, namely to have a pure taste without silicone and the ability to make strokes at maximum temperature. After all, it is at maximum temperatures that THC is released more efficiently, which has been proven by studies with temperatures on the Volcano.

Roffu is beautiful, but it is suitable for those who like weak strokes or are ready to use 2 times more colors than if they used high-temperature vaporizers. But even with a wagon of flowers, this will not save you from passing air through plastic and silicone

I will intentionally not write what I changed Roffu to. I think you'll understand anyway. I don't want to just advertise other vaporizers to the detriment of Roffu.

I have expressed my honest opinion based on my personal experience of using this device. Please don't be mad at me.

Last edited by a moderator:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I don't want to just advertise other vaporizers to the detriment of Roffu.

Indeed, it’s actually against the FC rules to compare vaporizers unless you start a separate thread like “TM2 versus Roffu”, one might already exist….
Personally, comparing the Roffu to a device that costs 4x as much $$$, is an exercise in futility….

avtpl

Indeed, it’s actually against the FC rules to compare vaporizers unless you start a separate thread like “TM2 versus Roffu”, one might already exist….
Personally, comparing the Roffu to a device that costs 4x as much $$$, is an exercise in futility….
I completely agree with you! I only mentioned the other two vaporizers as a detail of my acquaintance with Roffu. No more.

In fact, the main complaint against Roffu is the temperature of 160-170, instead of the promised 220. You would ask me:" Dude, you want a lot, take the temperature of other devices, then write." So I measured it and found out that the promised temperature can be provided in the chamber itself. But Roffu doesn't do that.

If Roffu had maintained the temperature in the chamber at least a little above 200 degrees Celsius, then for $ 120 - there would be no price for it! It would be possible to put up with the taste of plastic.
P.S. I forgot to mention that I also have a crack in the cooling mouthpiece, on the side that is magnetic to the case. And this is after minor use!

Andjoe

Can I ask you to test the temperature after waiting 1 minute after the device vibrates? In my opinion the 2 qualities that you pay more money for with vaporizers are the materials in the air path and the speed in which the vape actually reaches temperature.

Andjoe,

Sativapo

Maybe it's a batch or a technique issue ? I have 2 roffu's and they have no max temp/efficiency issue. (his "ancestor " the V3 Pro had one at least the early ones I got). And I have a top notch super efficient ball vape, a portable ball vape etc... I prefer those, but the stealthness and portability easyness/ effectiveness of use on the go with capsules keep it in my rotation. It's more efficient with the metal chamber and gets me pretty stoned. for me the 220 max temp is a realistic estimation, I even combusted once with packed herb and the wpa, even if it'very rare/difficult. You can also feather/restrict the aiflow with the well positionned intake.

avtpl

Can I ask you to test the temperature after waiting 1 minute after the device vibrates? In my opinion the 2 qualities that you pay more money for with vaporizers are the materials in the air path and the speed in which the vape actually reaches temperature.

I will try to check the temperature again today after a minute of heating, everything is as you asked

I conducted 3 tests, a high-current Moliсel P26A infected to 100% was used, a glass chamber with a partition removed, the upper part of the Roffu was removed. The ambient temperature is +27 degrees Celsius. A 3-minute session mode was used, the tests started after 60 seconds of warming up. So

1 test) The thermocouple was in a capsule, the capsule "hung" over the heater without touching it, the air gap was 4 mm. This was because of the design features for the measurement. As a result of a long puff (40-45 seconds) I was barely able to reach a temperature of 140 degrees Celsius. After exhaling, I repeated the puff and reached a temperature of only 142 degrees Celsius.

2 test) I decided not to give up and changed the design for the measurement. I removed the capsule, lowered the thermocouple almost to the edge of the heater, blocked the air flow above with a dense cotton plug. The air was barely moving! And I reached a temperature of 230 degrees Celsius after 40-45 seconds of tightening.

3) the test. I used the capsule again, but lowered it by placing it on the heater (the glass mouthpiece partition was removed, I remind you). The thermomark was lowered almost to the bottom of the capsule, I'm not sure if it touched the bottom of the capsule or not. I removed the cotton a little bit to make the puff easier. While a minute of heating has passed without tightening, the thermocouple has heated up from 55 degrees to 100 degrees Celsius! And with a puff I got a stable temperature of 205 degrees Celsius, with some difficulty I brought it to 220 degrees. The temperature rose faster when I lowered the intensity of the puff, although I pulled very slowly as it was

Conclusions:

1) The use of capsules reduces the heating efficiency by some percentage.
2) Roffu reaches the stated temperatures only with a very slow puff. He is extremely critical of the airflow! If you pull hard, the temperature will suffer.
3) Roffu heats up to the stated temperatures only when combined with conductive heating, due to the heated upper part of the heater and if you use a regulating partition in the chamber,
the temperature will be greatly reduced.
4) After use, there was a barely noticeable, but quite distinct smell of microcircuit varnish from Roffu...not even silicone, namely varnish or paint, which is coated either with a heater or with trace elements. I.e., when heated, Roffu materials begin to emit certain chemical odors.
5) in my initial tests, where I reached a temperature of 160-170 degrees, I did not continue to conduct research, and now I realized that the temperature spread is due to the distance of the thermocouple to the Roffu heater, which is very critical for this device due to the strong conductive effect. Previously, I measured the temperature in a more expensive evaporator with a powerful airflow, which did not have such a dependence at all and which had the upper part of the heater (or elements in the very depth of the chamber) they didn't heat up at all until you started taking a puff.

Basically, if you pull very very slowly, you can reach 220 degrees. But I repeat, the effect of Roffu is 2 times lower than when using 100% convective evaporators, to which, after research, I cannot attribute Roffu .
Roffu is a conductive convective evaporator that is extremely demanding for low airflow.

Last edited:

Andjoe

I will try to check the temperature again today after a minute of heating, everything is as you asked

I conducted 3 tests, a high-current Moliсel P26A infected to 100% was used, a glass chamber with a partition removed, the upper part of the Roffu was removed. The ambient temperature is +27 degrees Celsius. A 3-minute session mode was used, the tests started after 60 seconds of warming up. So

1 test) The thermocouple was in a capsule, the capsule "hung" over the heater without touching it, the air gap was 4 mm. This was because of the design features for the measurement. As a result of a long puff (40-45 seconds) I was barely able to reach a temperature of 140 degrees Celsius. After exhaling, I repeated the puff and reached a temperature of only 142 degrees Celsius.

2 test) I decided not to give up and changed the design for the measurement. I removed the capsule, lowered the thermocouple almost to the edge of the heater, blocked the air flow above with a dense cotton plug. The air was barely moving! And I reached a temperature of 230 degrees Celsius after 40-45 seconds of tightening.

3) the test. I used the capsule again, but lowered it by placing it on the heater (the glass mouthpiece partition was removed, I remind you). The thermomark was lowered almost to the bottom of the capsule, I'm not sure if it touched the bottom of the capsule or not. I removed the cotton a little bit to make the puff easier. While a minute of heating has passed without tightening, the thermocouple has heated up from 55 degrees to 100 degrees Celsius! And with a puff I got a stable temperature of 205 degrees Celsius, with some difficulty I brought it to 220 degrees. The temperature rose faster when I lowered the intensity of the puff, although I pulled very slowly as it was

Conclusions:

1) The use of capsules reduces the heating efficiency by some percentage.
2) Roffu reaches the stated temperatures only with a very slow puff. He is extremely critical of the airflow! If you pull hard, the temperature will suffer.
3) Roffu heats up to the stated temperatures only when combined with conductive heating, due to the heated upper part of the heater and if you use a regulating partition in the chamber,
the temperature will be greatly reduced.
4) After use, there was a barely noticeable, but quite distinct smell of microcircuit varnish from Roffu...not even silicone, namely varnish or paint, which is coated either with a heater or with trace elements. I.e., when heated, Roffu materials begin to emit certain chemical odors.
5) in my initial tests, where I reached a temperature of 160-170 degrees, I did not continue to conduct research, and now I realized that the temperature spread is due to the distance of the thermocouple to the Roffu heater, which is very critical for this device due to the strong conductive effect. Previously, I measured the temperature in a more expensive evaporator with a powerful airflow, which did not have such a dependence at all and which had the upper part of the heater (or elements in the very depth of the chamber) they didn't heat up at all until you started taking a puff.

Basically, if you pull very very slowly, you can reach 220 degrees. But I repeat, the effect of Roffu is 2 times lower than when using 100% convective evaporators, to which, after research, I cannot attribute Roffu .
Roffu is a conductive convective evaporator that is extremely demanding for low airflow.
I appreciate your time and work here. Is the PL in your user name for Poland?

Andjoe,
Reactions: avtpl

LesPlenty

Company Rep
After putting over 10,000 puffs on my OG and many 100s on others, I will say harder pulls give me more vapor...sipping or slow draws do not give me great results...you need to draw the heat thru the load to vape it properly.
The roasted colour on my 180c/355f vaped load usually comes out darker than most other vapes I own set at the same temp and I can get my ABV almost black if I vape at 210-220c if I honk on it hard enough...I have not combusted yet but have been told by some users that it is possible.

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Petetbay

Sativapo

@avtpl Well all this sounds very scientific but it doesn't relate to my experience. You should write an equation were x is the resistance provoqued by tamping the material, y the resistance provoqued by the size of the grinded particles, z the draw speed, delta the humidity of your material, gamma the resin % of your material, theta the THC % of this resin etc and then we can discuss "science". I strongly suspect a personnal technique issue or (less likely) defective device. But I don't have my "wrongtechniquemeter" to give you hard data neither a roffu diagnostic box.

Last edited:
Sativapo,
Reactions: Petetbay

avtpl

@avtpl Well all this sounds very scientific but it doesn't relate to my experience. You should write an equation were x is the resistance provoqued by tamping the material, y the resistance provoqued by the size of the grinded particles, z the draw speed, delta the humidity of your material, gamma the resin % of your material, theta the THC % of this resin etc and than we can discuss "science". I strongly suspect a personnal technique issue or (less likely) defective device. But I don't have my "wrongtechniquemeter" to give you hard data.
I can't understand your doubts about the performance of my device. Roffu gives 220-230 degrees, as stated. As for the equation, it's more complicated than what I can accurately measure. the thermocouple measured the temperature while in a tiny volume of free air, adding a flower there, you will get a decrease in temperature, at least initially, until the entire contents are completely heated.

avtpl,
Top Bottom