XVape XLUX ROFFU

Sativapo

All I'm saying is I don't have the same results/effects than you with the device and it's very complicated to apply real measures and discuss performance over them, it's more of a technique and experience/feeling issue OR a device weakness issue (some device can have weak or defective heaters or a seal issue etc; A user here reported not long ago that the device refunctionned well when he changed a used gasket)

For example where should we measure the temperature ? on the heater coil, on it's metal cover, in the center of the herb ? on the chamber "wall", in the aiflow before the herb, after the herb ? the temperatures given are an estimation probably related to the resistance variation of the coil. Even if devices had theremocouples in them one would be effective at a different temp than another dependind on where is placed the sensor and what are the airpath/ volume/ heated mass caracteristics of each device, plus density/ compression /resistance of the material. too many factors. Even for my very effective ball vape I don't put the same temp on the PID dependind on the glass adapter I use as a bowl, on the distance I put the screen , on the size of my grind, on the type of weed I use, even ambient temperature. Only if all this factors are steady I have repeatable results for the same temp.

Last edited:

avtpl

All I'm saying is I don't have the same results/effects than you with the device and it's very complicated to apply real measures and discuss performance over them, it's more of a technique and experience/feeling issue OR a device weakness issue (some device can have weak or defective heaters or a seal issue etc; A user here reported not long ago that the device refunctionned well when he changed a used gasket)

For example where should we measure the temperature ? on the heater coil, on it's metal cover, in the center of the herb ? on the chamber "wall", in the aiflow before the herb, after the herb ? the temperatures given are an estimation probably related to the resistance variation of the coil. Even if devices had theremocouples in them one would be effective at a different temp than another dependind on where is placed the sensor and what are the airpath/ volume/ heated mass caracteristics of each device, plus density/ compression /resistance of the material. too many factors. Even for my very effective ball vape I don't put the same temp on the PID dependind on the glass adapter I use as a bowl, on the distance I put the screen , on the size of my grind, on the type of weed I use, even ambient temperature. Only if all this factors are steady I have repeatable results for the same temp.
I disagree with you. In some powerful evaporators, everything is clear, but in Roffu, too, you can figure it out based on my experiences.

The temperature in the Roffu must be measured at the heater itself (the lower part in the chamber), because it is heated as in a conductive evaporator, and it is logical that the flow of hot air will be maximum in temperature at this point.

Sativapo

wrong ! it's mainly convection... it has a bit of conduction from the bottom or a bit more with the metal chamber but its convection biased; proof : When you leave it on session mode you have to draw a bit to have vapor a conduction vape is full of vapor before you hit it.

Sativapo

I don't know maybe your heater is on the low side... Or maybe not. To give you an example on how technique matters even with a kind of full proof design : when my roffu is just cleaned I tend to restrict the aiflow on the intake with my finger (it's well positionned and the rubber case also helps giving a little gap) to kill the bowl at 220 faster in the end and reach dark brown abv. When it's a bit dirty/ clogged I don't have to do that it has optimal performance until a "peak" then it gets too dirty with bad taste and underperforms on vapor, so I have to clean it again. All that playing also with the grind/ packing and the aiflow speed as quite big factors). I like to start with the trippy effect and finish with the stoney effect. Capsules for me where clearly underperforming with the V3 pro (light brown abv) but the same capsules on the roffu kill the taste a bit, take longer to heat up with convection ( being a litlle shorter they don't touch the "screen" over the heater with the sucking up of the draw), but when they get going they perform well and push the cooking further in the end with more conduction, so it's quite a good deal adding the convenience and stealthness for on the go.
If you feel it doesn't cook enough start directly at 220 and finish it with some restriction on the intake. If you don't get dark brown abv and quite high AND stoned (with a good grind and pack of appropriate weed) like that there's something off with the device. As for the taste I find it's quite good when clean especially with the glass chamber but taste is subjective. you can sprinkle+blend some kief from the grinder to make it more heavy too.

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
You can consider the Roffu convective and measure the temperature not at the heater, but then the temperature will be lower

What type of temperature measuring equipment are you using?
Most importantly, what is the “probe tip”?

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
( being a litlle shorter they don't touch the "screen" over the heater with the sucking up of the draw),
The newer style dosing caps were made shorter so you can use the caps without having to remove the heating chamber disc. I do prefer the older style even though I have to remove the disc for the cooling unit to sit flush...the extra capacity of the older style caps also gives an extra puff or 2.

avtpl

What type of temperature measuring equipment are you using?
Most importantly, what is the “probe tip”?
I use a multimeter + a thermocouple, which was included in the package. a thermocouple is 2 wires soldered at the end (this is the probe itself).

But it is also necessary to adapt all this for measurement in the evaporator. To do this, I use a long polyvinyl chloride tube, at the end of which a thermocouple enters it from the side. A thermocouple protrudes from the end of the tube. I cover the end of the tube a little with cotton wool to inject air next to the thermocouple. I insert the end of the tube with a thermocouple into the Roffu chamber and measure

Regarding the various methods of using Roffu, the location of the heater and conduction/convection. I do not dispute that the best practices will allow you to achieve better results. But when you have experience comparing with other convection evaporators, you will find that Roffu is 2 times weaker in effect. This is with the same number of flowers and the same high temperature. I'm not advertising anything, I'm just stating my practical experience.

This is due to the smaller heating element in the Roffu and due to slower heating and, accordingly, greater "parasitic" evaporation of active substances without their activation. The situation is also aggravated by heat transfer by convection (heating the lower part of the chamber). Therefore, no matter how much you experiment, it will not change the situation much, in any case you will spend more flowers and receive softer blows.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but personally I prefer the maximum controlled effect with a minimum number of flowers. You see, there are no pharmacies with flowers in my country))) That's putting it mildly.For these flowers, you can get into a gloomy place for many years. And therefore cost-effective methods are extremely important.

The value of my experiments is also possible in the fact that I use an extremely small number of flowers. The standard amount, which has not changed for many years, is 0.020 grams at a time! One evening is 2 such times , i.e. 0.04 grams. And now I've been using 0.018 grams for a couple of months. And this is so that you understand autoflowers (although they are treated with water and are 10-20% stronger when compared with traditional drying). And now I've been using 0.018 grams for a couple of months. I always measure on a scale, recently I started using capsules. And if there are photoperiods, then I reduce the amount by 2 times to 0.010-0.015 grams. I am writing this so that you understand - on such extremely small quantities, any change in the strength of the effect will be very noticeable. Which is what I saw when comparing Roffu with others.

If you like medium temperatures and you have a lot of flowers, and the smell of plastic is not annoying -Roffu is a very good choice!

Last edited:

Old Stoner1958

If you like medium temperatures and you have a lot of flowers, and the smell of plastic is not annoying -Roffu is a very good choice!
I have had my ROFFU since it came out. This device can hit as hard as I want it to. There is no plastic scent or taste and the flavor of my flower is excellent. I have several devices and the ROFFU is reached for more then the others (except the S3). I do not get hung up on numbers or opinions of others ( you know what thay say about opinions ) I care about how it functions for me. If you are dissapointed with the ROFFU maybe you should just return it or sell it. IT is an excellent device.

Sativapo

I have had my ROFFU since it came out. This device can hit as hard as I want it to. There is no plastic scent or taste and the flavor of my flower is excellent. I have several devices and the ROFFU is reached for more then the others (except the S3). I do not get hung up on numbers or opinions of others ( you know what thay say about opinions ) I care about how it functions for me. If you are dissapointed with the ROFFU maybe you should just return it or sell it. IT is an excellent device.
Maybe the guy is right and all the others we think we're stoned but we're not :lol:
@avtpl you seem to have decided that you don't like it and that neither your device or technique has any problem, and don't seem interested by the feedback or advice of other (experienced) vapers so any further discussion seems pointless to me.

I got Roffu before the last year #420 and just after a surgery. My only experience then was the DIY full glass vape worth $15 in parts. After first 2 weeks with the Roffu my conclusion was clear: an overpriced ($210 here), fragile plastic-glassy, picky about bowl packing, smelly piece of shit. The vast majority of comments in the thread were laurels. Negative experiences were deflected with texts quoting "it works for me". I was extremely diasappointed and mad.
As I had a lot of time to return the unit and didn't have the strength to do so, I held off.
  • I got rid of most of the smell of new plastic after 5-10 grams and a few routine washes of parts in the dishwasher and ISO
  • I get rid of the burnt plastic and rubber smell by bathing in clean water with fresh ginger every time.
  • Then I found that for the first 2 months I was using prescription cannabis, which was of poor quality. After changing to new meds, the clouds started to appear as if from a butane and it became longer to finish the bowl. Although with incomplete chambers the packing can be all the more annoying.
  • I got a glass adapter, an extra glass+metal chambers, silicone body without a surcharge from the seller. So the exorbitant initial price and the multiple fiddling with finally a successful cleaning were refunded, causing relief on my heart.

@avtpl As mentioned earlier, if washing and combinations with green material do nothing, I would quickly file a warranty complaint of a malfunctioning device (record a video, e.g. a comparison) and return it immediately.

I would also not get particularly attached to the value of measuring the temp with my own equipment at a location other than the original sensor. If the device was calibrated at the factory for the sensors in question, and they have not been moved or altered in the meantime, then the PID method or whatever algorithm Roffu has, must be working. Well unless the measurements in the same place are not very repeatable.

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I use a multimeter + a thermocouple, which was included in the package. a thermocouple is 2 wires soldered at the end (this is the probe itself).

Yeah, that’s a “BEAD” type probe, I have many, as you stated, they normally include one with new multi-meters, as they are cheap. They can be fairly accurate when used for their designed purposes. The most accurate measurements are when the bead tip is physically mated to the surface being measured. A manual connection is needed here, these tips are not designed to measure open air temps, or sitting in a weed filled bowl. It’s certainly possible you may have a unit that is not getting up to the proper heat level, but I would not rely on the readings you are seeing with your current temperature reading equipment to make any decisive conclusions. Good luck!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Negative experiences were deflected with texts quoting "it works for me". I was extremely diasappointed and mad.
Sorry you had a bad experience but your 'it works for me' quote above was not given to you on this thread (or forum from what I can see). We all here like to give info to help as a rule.:tup:

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Sativapo

Sativapo

0.02 gramms! :) I didn't see that... all this talk for this :doh:. Off course it doesn't vape strongly there is not enough restriction on material. You don't seem to have understood the whole principle of convection vaping. With this quantities you can measure all the temps you want it won't vape in high temps.

Last edited:

avtpl

0.02 gramms! :) I didn't see that... all this talk for this :doh:.
@avtpl you seem to have decided that you don't like it and that neither your device or technique has any problem, and don't seem interested by the feedback or advice of other (experienced) vapers so any further discussion seems pointless to me.

Why gaslighting? I did not start the conversation for the sake of 0.02, this is just an illustration of the tests. I'm not doing this for the medals or your approval, but because I feel so comfortable.And if your experience is different, I respect it, no matter how much you would not use and what huge clouds you would not create. The difference in the amounts consumed by different people is often due to different receptor sensitivity to active substances and says nothing about the coolness of any of us) But why did I mention this - when you do the same type of tests, it is important to use the same number of flowers. And in my case it is extremely difficult to confuse the number

I have given facts from my experience and listening to experienced vapers, I will look more at the numbers.

Yeah, that’s a “BEAD” type probe, I have many, as you stated, they normally include one with new multi-meters, as they are cheap. They can be fairly accurate when used for their designed purposes. The most accurate measurements are when the bead tip is physically mated to the surface being measured. A manual connection is needed here, these tips are not designed to measure open air temps, or sitting in a weed filled bowl. It’s certainly possible you may have a unit that is not getting up to the proper heat level, but I would not rely on the readings you are seeing with your current temperature reading equipment to make any decisive conclusions. Good luck!

The fact is that the same method was used to measure the temperature in the chambers of other evaporators and the results coincided with the characteristics of the devices! That's why I mentioned other devices at the beginning and got reproached in advertising. But in fact, I just wanted to show that the method can be considered reliable.

The thermocouple is in the air, but in the air, which is heated by a convection flow, this should work in theory and works in practice on several evaporators.So I would neglect possible measurement inaccuracies, especially since the Roffu, beloved by many here, showed 230 degrees Celsius. So I don't understand the resentment of some here))

I got Roffu before the last year #420 and just after a surgery. My only experience then was the DIY full glass vape worth $15 in parts. After first 2 weeks with the Roffu my conclusion was clear: an overpriced ($210 here), fragile plastic-glassy, picky about bowl packing, smelly piece of shit. The vast majority of comments in the thread were laurels. Negative experiences were deflected with texts quoting "it works for me". I was extremely diasappointed and mad.

Thank you for your feedback, I understand your emotions.The essence of our claims is different, but I am also convinced that different points of view should be welcomed, not just compliments. this is the only way to make an objective picture

@avtpl As mentioned earlier, if washing and combinations with green material do nothing, I would quickly file a warranty complaint of a malfunctioning device (record a video, e.g. a comparison) and return it immediately.
It was unrealistic to return the device in my case. Initially, I liked Roffu, until I discovered that it is 2 times weaker than alternative vaporizers. This happened within 2 months.

And returning the device after prolonged use with the words "it smells" is an unrealistic task. How to prove that it "smells"? This is unlikely to be the reason for the return.

Last edited:
avtpl,
Reactions: Tji89

Sativapo

I'm not gaslighting anyone : you come here with certitudes saying a well known device doesn't work correctly, ("medium heat etc"). People have the patience to explain the use to you but you don't take that into account. That take is plain wrong. If you don't want any answers to wrong takes I don't know what you're doing on a forum. I personnally undestood years ago after a few hours of use that each convection device has a minimum amount to pack in it to make the right packing to make the convection happen. That is not an opinion about effects , taste etc it's a fact about convection happening or not. (I would love a device that can do convection of 0,02g to full vaporisation (i'm all in for microdosing) but I think it doesnt exist).

Last edited:
Sativapo,

avtpl

I'm not gaslighting anyone : you come here with certitudes saying a well known device doesn't work correctly, ("medium heat etc"). People have the patience to explain the use to you but you don't take that into account. that take is plain wrong. if you don't want any answers to wrong takes I don't know what you're doing on a forum. I personnally undestood years ago after a few hours of use that each convection device has a minimum amount to pack in it to make the right packing to make the convection happen. That is not an opinion about effects , taste etc it's a fact about convection happening or not. (I would love a device that can do convection of 0,02g, i'm all in for microdosing to full vaporisation but I think it doesnt exist).
I have given you facts based on temperature measurements. You also ignore them. Are you ignoring the fact that your favorite device shows the stated temperature at 220-230? :):lol:Lol, what's wrong with you? I did the job, gave you the numbers, proved that Roffu reaches the stated temperatures, and you make claims to me and ask what I'm doing on the forum? And what are you doing on the forum? Are you engaged in gaslighting?

I'm sorry, but there is less and less desire to waste my time talking to you in such an unfriendly tone, I'd better go and spend my time more productively - I'll measure the temperature somewhere ;):D
I personnally undestood years ago after a few hours of use that each convection device has a minimum amount to pack in it to make the right packing to make the convection happen.
I use an extremely small number of flowers, there was a conversation above, you yourself started laughing at this fact.

Last edited:
avtpl,

Sativapo

It's not my favorite device at all, just a quite good one imo. What do I ignore ? it works in the advertised temp. We agree ? Doesn't work well when extremely underpacked, do we agree ?

Last edited:
Sativapo,

avtpl

What do I ignore ? it works in the advertised temp. We agree ? Doesn't work well when extremely underpacked, do we agree ?

it is not necessary to speak for everyone, there are different opinions on this topic.

If you agree, then what is the essence of the claims against me? Why are you asking me what I'm doing on this forum and reproaching me for ignoring the advice of "experienced" ones. i.e., your advice, as I understand it ?

I will write you the answers again, I hope you will hear me :

1) I'm on the forum because I wanted to share my experience. Isn't that what you're here for? You don't have to accept it, just like I do yours. But this is not a reason to be rude in response.

2) As a result of the experiments, Roffu showed a declared temperature of 220 degrees.

3) Roffu has a strong conductive heating of the lower part of the chamber, which is not very good for the evaporator, which is claimed to be "convective". This was revealed as a result of use by me personally and other users.

4) Roffu is critical to the retraction force - you will pull hard, the temperature will drop. and it can fall down a lot.

5) Roffu shows a high temperature when placing flowers directly on the bottom of the camera (see point 3). if you raise the flowers higher by adjusting the partition in the chamber, you can lose a lot in temperature.

6) Roffu is 2 times weaker in effect by 220 compared to other convective evaporators.

7) Roffu has a persistent smell of silicone/plastic/varnish, and the inner part of the mouthpiece, which is magnetic to the device, cracks.

8) The use of some special techniques did not change the results of use, because physically Roffu is not able to heat flowers faster, extract substances from the flower faster and at a higher temperature. Compared to other vaporizers

9) Roffu is generally a good device with its pros and cons. It will suit most users, but it is more suitable for those who prefer a medium effect, has many colors and is not picky about the smell of the device.

This is my experience, your right to disagree with this, but you should not provoke a conflict.

Last edited:
avtpl,
Reactions: Tji89

Sativapo

Just out of curiosity I would like to know which convection vaporizer holds heat well when drawing fast while packed with 0,02 g to vape it fully with strong effects ? the closest to that that I know would be the woodscents with the smallest bowl setting on a vapcap tip but still wouldn't vape it very dark. you have to have a very small bowl to vape very small amounts with convection.

Sativapo,

avtpl

Just out of curiosity I would like to know which convection vaporizer holds heat well when drawing fast while packed with 0,02 g to vape it fully with strong effects ?
There is an answer in my very first big post. I don't want to describe it in detail now, so as not to be accused of advertising or violating the rules of the forum.

But this task, which you asked about, is perfectly handled by a kind of wooden device)) with a walnut body)) .And also the stainless steel device copes no worse. The one that clicks when heated)) Both devices pull everything out at once, it takes 30-40 seconds to tighten. The taste disappears quickly, but the effect is maximum. The flower turns brown. The effect of these two devices is the same by 0.02. But for Roffu, for a similar effect, you need to use 0.04. But the effect will still be a little different.

you have to have a very small bowl to vape very small amounts with convection.

No.not like that. I use Roffu capsules. I use both in Roffu and in a walnut device, the capsule fits into both devices. At the same time, my number of colors takes 20-30% of the capsule.

In the beginning, I was worried about the empty space and wanted to use glass seals, but then I realized that an empty space is even a plus, because there is a "cyclone" effect and this contributes to uniform roasting.

By the way, in another convective device that clicks, there is a problem of uneven roasting at my quantities.

Last edited:
avtpl,

Sativapo

I didn't know the wooden one you talk about can do that, I take note. It has indeed a movable screen so reducing the bowl to the minimum gives more chances indeed. the "one that clicks" is mainly conduction so yes restriction plays less of a role.

Sativapo,

avtpl

I didn't know the wooden one you talk about can do that, I take note. It has indeed a movable screen so reducing the bowl to the minimum gives more chances indeed. the "one that clicks" is mainly conduction so yes restriction plays less of a role.
I am glad that you and I have calmed down and started to communicate more amiably.

yes, a wooden walnut device easily digests 0.02. it can be said perfectly. The only thing is not to use the grinder. For example, I tear the inflorescences with tweezers. That is, with such quantities, large fragments are not terrible. A strong stream roasts everything)) Also, please note, I also use Roffu capsules in it (I do not use a movable screen). Because such small amounts without a capsule can be a problem - they will fall asleep in the gap between the cooler and the glass. And everything is perfect with the capsule

The clicking device undoubtedly has a conductive effect, but with such quantities it is most likely more convective, since in one puff the device warms up only by the end of the first puff, when there is nothing left in the flowers. moreover, I mostly warm up only the cap (I use an inductive heater, not a lighter)

Roffu is aesthetically beautiful, it is very ergonomic -compact, easy to carry! But I repeat, when I started comparing it, I realized that it didn't quite suit me. I don't want to offend anyone. Maybe my problems seem funny to someone. For example, those who fill a full chamber and do not attach importance to the number of flowers. After all, the effect can be obtained by adding a quantity.

But I am upset that the manufacturer declares the device as "convective". If there was a mention in the description that there is a conductive effect, I would not buy 3 pieces and a bunch of accessories! I spent $600-700 on everything, including devices, accessories + expensive shipping to my country.

For me, another device from the same manufacturer "CHEECH & CHONG'S MAMBO" hits harder than Roffu. However, I do not know why this is happening

Last edited:

Petetbay

But I am upset that the manufacturer declares the device as "convective". If there was a mention in the description that there is a conductive effect, I would not buy 3 pieces and a bunch of accessories! I spent $600-700 on everything, including devices, accessories + expensive shipping to my country.
So you bought 3 devices 1st. That’s my understanding.
But I repeat, when I started comparing it, I realized that it didn't quite suit me.
Then realized it was not for you. Yeah you can be pissed, but you did it to yourself, if you bought one you probably wouldn’t be so upset, next time one at time until you’re sure it’s what you want. Very expensive life lessons.

Petetbay,

Sativapo

OK we re a bit on the opposite side financially on the Roffu because I grabbed one at half price during my only trip in the us for 420 and thanks to less plenty the cs sent me one for free because of the chamber oring failure during the guarantee while I managed to repair the first one. So I kind of got 2 for 100$...and after I bought many accessories for both on eu shops.
That must play a role for the appreciation lol . It's also thanks to the roffu that I convinced my wife to quit combustion because she doesn't like geeky fiddling like me and the roffu with capsules that I prepare for her is easy and repeatable. That's also what we take for our trips and when on the go.

Ps : kind of risky move to to order 3 without sale before you try it. I regretted ordering 2 first batch v3 pros. they were cheaper but with a real weak heater problem.

Ps2 : maybe you should quit the bad advertisement and try to sell at least 2 ?;-)

Last edited:
Top Bottom