XVape XLUX ROFFU

Dee Based

Hi,
I just got a Roffu and was very happy with it for about a week, but now it doesn't produce nearly the vape clouds it used to.

I pack the bowl lightly, with a medium grind so there should be plenty of airflow. I clean the mouthpiece filter on both sides (bottom and top), make sure the rubber grommet around that mouthpiece screen is seated securely. Check the mouthpiece part of the cap to make sure it's also seated securely and not letting in air. Unit heats up to 400 degrees, but no matter if I draw slow or fast I get very little vapor now. I'm holding my finger over the "carb" keeping it closed the whole inhale. Big change from new. Anybody here dealt with this and hopefully found a fix?

PS - I took the round white silicone piece out of the glass tube. And it seems sort of stable now, and it holds the weed in the "bowl" but it's in there very lightly, any poke with a cleaning tool knocks it loose. The unit itself gets hot, but I'm just getting cool air out of it.

Last edited:
Dee Based,
Reactions: LesPlenty

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
Hi,
I just got a Roffu and was very happy with it for about a week, but now it doesn't produce nearly the vape clouds it used to.

I pack the bowl lightly, with a medium grind so there should be plenty of airflow. I clean the mouthpiece filter on both sides (bottom and top), make sure the rubber grommet around that mouthpiece screen is seated securely. Check the mouthpiece part of the cap to make sure it's also seated securely and not letting in air. Unit heats up to 400 degrees, but no matter if I draw slow or fast I get very little vapor now. Big change from new. Anybody here dealt with this and hopefully found a fix?
Try pushing the oven down all the way , worked for me. I really like my Roffu, It's my choice for vaping on the go :tup:.

Petetbay

Hi,

I pack the bowl lightly, with a medium grind so there should be plenty of airflow. I clean the mouthpiece filter on both sides (bottom and top), make sure the rubber grommet around that mouthpiece screen is seated securely. Check the mouthpiece part of the cap to make sure it's also seated securely and not letting in air. Unit heats up to 400 degrees, but no matter if I draw slow or fast I get very little vapor now. I'm holding my finger over the "carb" keeping it closed the whole inhale. Big change from new. Anybody here dealt with this and hopefully found a fix?

PS - I took the round white silicone piece out of the glass tube. And it seems sort of stable now, and it holds the weed in the "bowl" but it's in there very lightly, any poke with a cleaning tool knocks it loose. The unit itself gets hot, but I'm just getting cool air out of it.
If you can try an alternative battery, there’s definitely something wrong if you don’t have any air leaks in the mp, should have lots of vapor at 400.

”Try pushing the oven down all the way” yes, make sure the bowl clicks in the bottom.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
but now it doesn't produce nearly the vape clouds it used to.
Great advice above, also, if your troubles started after cleaning/disassembly, ensure the grommet (called a filter on page 3 of the Roffu manual, the silicon part above the spiral is the part I usually insert the wrong way around but that just restricts airflow) above the oven is installed with the lip facing up as this can also let extra air in...let us know how you get on @Dee Based :tup:

I have just had a Carpal Tunnel operation so I have no use of my right hand for a week or so and have found the Roffu is a great help for 1 handed use. The capsules pre-loaded to start and I can even manage a battery swap one-handed...easier than typing this!

Last edited:

Sativapo

You can indeed oncrease the extraction n'y partially covering the intake. I don't think that's his problem.

Dee Based

Hi and thanks for the replies! I'm still getting cool air and almost no vapor. The cap is pretty much airtight, so I don't 'think' that's an issue. The heating unit is stable and doesn't wobble or anything.

I see that there are O-rings included with the spare filter. Where do they go?

Dee Based,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
It was the O-ring. I tried rolling it to the bottom of the glass stem, which sealed the opening around the heater and stem.

It's Sunny in Philadelphia, but Cloudy here!

Anyone have specs on those O-rings, or a good source?
Glad you are getting somewhere.
I believe the spare orings are supposed to be the one that wraps around (sitting in a groove) the screen - - the screen that 'floats' inside the glass chamber. So, in that way it does seal the space between the heater and the glass chamber.

Did you push it down inside the device, around the heater tube?

vapviking,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Where do they go?
As explained, these go on the filter in the heating chamber, shown here,
Roffu-Glass-Chamber-002.jpg

Did you push it down inside the device, around the heater tube?
I still run my OG without any seal in the bottom of the heater post of the main unit, my chambers seal quite well without it and newer versions only have a snap ring securing the heater chamber, no seals.:tup:

LesPlenty,
Reactions: vapviking

Dee Based

Mine didn't come with the metal disc. It has a white plastic disc that goes in the heating chamber. I'm also worried about that part when it needs to be replaced.

I tried the o-ring on that plastic disc in the heating chamber and it wouldn't stay on but it does solve the problem when I have it installed the way in this picture.

IMG-20240611-070505.jpg

Last edited:

Petetbay

Mine didn't come with the metal disc. It has a white plastic disc that goes in the heating chamber. I'm also worried about that part when it needs to be replaced.

I tried the o-ring on that plastic disc in the heating chamber and it wouldn't stay on but it does solve the problem when I have it installed the way in this picture.

IMG-20240611-070505.jpg
Well that’s different, plastic? Maybe ceramic?

Petetbay,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Feels ceramic but would definitely love confirmation from xvape.
It is now ceramic for less metal in the vapor path as many people want.
but it does solve the problem
Are you hearing the loud 'click' when you insert the oven into the body of the vape? It takes a fair amount of pressure to get the oven to seat properly when new.
It's a shame JoDa doesn't do accessories for the roffu anymore 😢
That is a shame, he makes nice stuff but easy enough to make/put together your own equivalent,

Haulien

That is a shame, he makes nice stuff but easy enough to make/put together your own equivalent,

Would love to see xvape make some oem cooling stems that would replace the glass+chamber in the existing oem WPA, or maybe another collab with POTV on an alternate top piece so their glass attachments become available.

kiddvudu2

DDave has Ti or stainless steel (8.5mm diameter), any Dynavap screen will fit.
I also use an 8 or 9mm leather hole punch to make my own from cheap pipe filters.
I got a kit so I can make filters for any occasion, similar to this,
I purchased a punch kit a few months back but have only used it to create 2 screens for my MP filter so far. They work great compared to the stock filter which is such a resin trap (as you noted). However, the ones that I created have very tattered edges, so that they end up not staying perfectly round after a few insertions/removals from the rubber grommet. Maybe the SS mesh I'm starting with is too heavy/thick. When I am actually making them (using the punch kit), I have to hammer very hard several times to get it to punch through and they come out pretty bent up. Because of this, I'm considering ordering some of those DDave screens you linked. Do you prefer the Ti or SS as far as keeping clean goes? Do you have a recommendation for a "best" material to create your own with (using the punch tools)?

Peese & Thanks @LesPlenty!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Do you prefer the Ti or SS
I think the Ti stay cleaner, not sure but I have them in 2 of my units now.
I have to hammer very hard several times to get it to punch through and they come out pretty bent up
You could try a harder material under the mesh when you punch them. I went from wood to now using aluminium (my vice's soft jaws) but either still take a bit of hammering. The punches do get blunt and can be easily sharpened if you have a grinder...or simply replace them when they get blunt as they are usually very cheap (at least the ones I get).
Do you have a recommendation for a "best" material to create your own with (using the punch tools)?
I find the Storz&Bickel filters make great donors for resizing.:tup:

LesPlenty,
Reactions: kiddvudu2
Top Bottom