• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

XVape XLUX ROFFU

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
PODS-CAPSULES for: XMax V3 Pro & XLUX Roffu

Pods never worked out for me in my various “convection” devices, but I do like the many benefits with my “conduction” devices, like S&B Mighty and Davinci IQ2.

That has changed as I’ve experimented with the Stainless Steel PODS, in my Roffu, they are the same ones used in the “XMax V3 Pro”.
In the Roffu, when using with the SS loading stem, (you remove the stem disc filter) the pods sit directly on the device’s heater. This adds a bunch of added heat conduction, and works best for me in all metrics, and all I use now.

I only have a couple of pods for my IQ2, and since I don’t use them often, I hand load them. For the Mighty, I bought the excellent loading tray from @Delta3DStudios . In my opinion based on real usage, his design is far superior to the S&B tray, and less expensive.

PROBLEM: with loading the ROFFU PODS, is how TINY they are.

SOLUTION: So, I’ve been in touch with Mike at Delta3DStudio, to make a NEW LOADING TRAY, designed for these pods. I will be mailing him a Roffu pod, so he can accurately design and build this for me and YOU!

Perhaps others have an interest in an easier way to load PODS, my Roffu Kit came with 2, that’s how I was able to experience them. Some of you may not be aware that you can contact Mike of Delta3DStudio via PM or email, and he will work with you on any potential ideas for new vape accessories that he may not have already created. I’ve bought many of his accessories for a wide range of vape devices and have never been disappointed, as well as fast shipping and excellent customer service, and his prices are extremely low.

***I will come back to this thread when the product is finished and available on his site, with a link.

NOTE:
I bought my PODS from:

WetWithSharp

It just showed up and WOW!! The premium feel of this device (in packaging and accessories/parts also) cannot be overstated. It feels incredible. Hefty, sturdy, well-made, very strong magnet connections, the feel of the battery clasp unhinging, the little hidden poker tool on the device, snappy buttons, etc. Fantastic design impression initially. I'm already in love with this thing and I haven't even used it yet.

I'm so excited to use it that I might deep-inhale some robot farts! I've only done 3 burnoffs but I want to try it! Would that be terrible to do? I know it tastes funky but is it going to harm me?

Also, a few other questions now that I'm messing with it. Is the stock battery that came with it safe to use? I was previously advised against this last time I looked into portables. I do have some nice Molicel batteries that I can use instead but I'm just curious.

Why is a California lead poisoning warning sticker on the carrying case (from 420EDC)? Also there is different warning on the actual Roffu box itself that says "this product may contain chemicals known to cause cancer"? What is all this about?

Last edited:
WetWithSharp,
Reactions: LesPlenty

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Why is a California lead poisoning warning sticker on the carrying case (from 420EDC)? Also there is different warning on the actual Roffu box itself that says "this product may contain chemicals known to cause cancer"? What is all this about?

A quick google search will satisfy your curiosity. This sticker stuff from CA has been around forever, you just haven’t noticed…

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Because California finds some reason to put death warnings on almost all consumer products!

vapviking,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I do have some nice Molicel batteries that I can use instead but I'm just curious.
the Roffu battery is safe and is pretty high in capacity, about the same capacity as my 2 year-old Sony VT6s.
Purely legal but covering as @vapviking said.
Now, some great news for people thinking of getting a Roffu but not if you bought it yesterday, this crazy discount came out of the blue for me...US$99!
1669257475576-jpg.42338

2tiki

the Roffu battery is safe and is pretty high in capacity, about the same capacity as my 2 year-old Sony VT6s.

Now, some great news for people thinking of getting a Roffu but not if you bought it yesterday, this crazy discount came out of the blue for me...US$99!
1669257475576-jpg.42338

Wow Less. When I asked you a week ago if they were going to do a BF deal, you said no and told me to buy it from EDC. That hurts man. I still haven't even received my device yet. I hope I can trust all the other stuff you told me about the device.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
you said no and told me to buy it from EDC. That hurts man.
At that stage, I knew of no sales. I have already sent you a PM to apologize, as I said to you, this was out of the blue for me and was not on my radar. Everything else I have said is true. Again, all I can do at this time is say...sorry you spent more to get less. The upside is that 420EDC chucks in a few nice extras with his Lite Kit that will get more use than some of the full kit bits and pieces.

Last edited:

vandalizedbythelotus

1669257475576-jpg.42338

(ʘᗩʘ') where can i find this price in the EU?

WetWithSharp

Wow Less. When I asked you a week ago if they were going to do a BF deal, you said no and told me to buy it from EDC. That hurts man. I still haven't even received my device yet. I hope I can trust all the other stuff you told me about the device.

I ordered from EDC also so you are not alone in that feeling of a price being undercut right after ordering. That being said though, I think we still got a fantastic deal at either price. 99 compared to 125? The 125 kit comes with a pretty useful carrying case, bodeva packs (like 10 of them), a joint holder, a hand-written card thanking you, a vape loading capsule, the roffu case armor, a little plastic shovel, free shipping,...all extra things from EDC themselves. I'd say that's probably worth the extra 25 dollars all together. I'd recommend adding on the loading funnel for a dollar though.

First impressions; I am insanely impressed by this device so far. This will be my go-to portable vape company if this is the level of quality they're making. I am only interested in portables that are convection-based and this is the only one that truly feels like a modern step forward as far as design, aesthetics and functionality, to me. It feels so premium, just feels cool to use, while also looking sleek. It actually ended up being smaller than I was expecting it to be.

I just tried my first roast in it. It was in on-demand mode. This was using the stock battery, not the nicer molicels that I have. I used a lightly sprikled in bowl, not packed tightly. I did one very long pull and it did a near complete extraction, I'd say. It was at 350 and it seemed to completely roast through the bowl perfectly fine (similar levels to my desktop SSV honestly). A very large plume of vapor on the exhale. Insanely smooth hit with great taste, which is very surprising given how small it is and how effective at heating it is. I did another pull at the same temp and then removed the abv. The second pull produced very little vapor but that's to be expected since I didn't change the temp or stir it at all.

This is going to up my tolerance simply out of wanting to use it more often. :rofl:

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
(ʘᗩʘ') where can i find this price in the EU?
We do not have control of sellers discounts so you need to watch the sellers for BF drops, on sale here but not the 'fell off the back of a truck' $99 price though,
and GrassCity has 20%,
I just tried my first roast in it. It was in on-demand mode. This was using the stock battery, not the nicer molicels that I have. I used a lightly sprikled in bowl, not packed tightly. I did one very long pull and it did a near complete extraction, I'd say. It was at 350 and it seemed to completely roast through the bowl perfectly fine (similar levels to my desktop SSV honestly). A very large plume of vapor on the exhale. Insanely smooth hit with great taste, which is very surprising given how small it is and how effective at heating it is.
Glad you are enjoying it!
I look forward to your comparison between the batteries, here was my first go at testing a couple of different types,
1656039901819-jpg.38091

Old Stoner1958

It doesnt bother me that XVAPE has a better price on the ROFFU then I paid. It was well worth the price. So much better then most vapes in the same price range. I may buy another for a backup at $99/00. I dont think I could find a better vape ay that price point. Hmmmm....maybe the blue this time. I am sure LEs was in the dark about the sale......remember this is a Chinese company and I am sure they gave no one a heads up on the upcoming sale..

Last edited:

Petetbay

Black Friday best sale price for the Roffu I found in Canada is VPM where it just showed up in stock. $190CAD minus their sitewide 15% off Code:THANKS. Canadians will pay 13% HST and I think their threshold is $150 for free shipping in Canada works out to $183CAD=$137USD. North of Toronto where I bought mine isn’t offering their BF 15% off on vaporizers which bummed me out as they have the cheapest price on the Puffco Proxy @ $360CAD and 15% off might have hooked me. Shame early purchasers missed out on the Xvape deal in the USA, but you usually don’t purchase before BF shows it’s deals, this goes the same for 420 and Christmas, those are the 3 sales you want to wait. :sherlock:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Hmmmm....maybe the blue this time
I have dropped a heap of hints that I should be sent one for 'picture' purposes but I simply like the colour TBH:lol:
I am sure LEs was in the dark about the sale
I thought we may have just had a 20% code instead of the Halloween 15%, this would have made 420EDC still look a better deal. The Roffu (and Vista Mini2) being dropped to $99 was a shock for sure, a nice one for people on the fence but not the best for peeps with one in transit!
Now another tale, right after I took this size comparison pick I picked up all the vapes and turned to go back inside when I had a slipper ,blow-out. I fell over and threw all the vapes against a brick wall before they all fell on the cement.
1667710234241-jpg.42364

My knee is almost better,
1669264808333-jpg.42365

But I am afraid my new Roffu will show the scars for life,
1669264808317-jpg.42366

So I gathered them all up and the scratches on the Roffu above were the worst damage I could find, did not even break the glass WPA mouthpiece and I am happy to say they all function fine.
So they all passed the Aussie torture test...so far!

Pachena

Black Friday best sale price for the Roffu I found in Canada is VPM where it just showed up in stock. $190CAD minus their sitewide 15% off Code:THANKS. Canadians will pay 13% HST and I think their threshold is $150 for free shipping in Canada works out to $183CAD=$137USD. North of Toronto where I bought mine isn’t offering their BF 15% off on vaporizers which bummed me out as they have the cheapest price on the Puffco Proxy @ $360CAD and 15% off might have hooked me. Shame early purchasers missed out on the Xvape deal in the USA, but you usually don’t purchase before BF shows it’s deals, this goes the same for 420 and Christmas, those are the 3 sales you want to wait. :sherlock:

XVAPECanada.ca has no reference at all to the existence of the Roffu.

I tried ordering the BF deal from XVAPEUSA.com, for an idea of what the total cost might be — but upon checkout, there are no shipping options available.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
tried ordering the BF deal from XVAPEUSA.com, for an idea of what the total cost might be — but upon checkout, there are no shipping options available.
US only I am afraid, you will need to spend $120($60 off retail) for a unit from VPN, Code Black Friday

Old Stoner1958

I have dropped a heap of hints that I should be sent one for 'picture' purposes but I simply like the colour TBH:lol:

I thought we may have just had a 20% code instead of the Halloween 15%, this would have made 420EDC still look a better deal. The Roffu (and Vista Mini2) being dropped to $99 was a shock for sure, a nice one for people on the fence but not the best for peeps with one in transit!
Now another tale, right after I took this size comparison pick I picked up all the vapes and turned to go back inside when I had a slipper ,blow-out. I fell over and threw all the vapes against a brick wall before they all fell on the cement.
1667710234241-jpg.42364

My knee is almost better,
1669264808333-jpg.42365

But I am afraid my new Roffu will show the scars for life,
1669264808317-jpg.42366

So I gathered them all up and the scratches on the Roffu above were the worst damage I could find, did not even break the glass WPA mouthpiece and I am happy to say they all function fine.
So they all passed the Aussie torture test...so far!
My ROFFU took a drop onto concrete also. It didnt get scatched like yours tho. My heart sank as I watched it fall in slow motion. Look at it this way.....it has character now....it is unique.

Old Stoner1958,

Robert-in-YEG

XVAPECanada.ca has no reference at all to the existence of the Roffu.

I tried ordering the BF deal from XVAPEUSA.com, for an idea of what the total cost might be — but upon checkout, there are no shipping options available.
Anyone found the Roffu in Canada for around $100CDN? With Black Friday, perhaps someone has seen sales priced in Canadian dollars?

XVAPE needs to have more Canadian distributors.

Robert-in-YEG

PutOneInTheAir

E-nano, DynaVaps, v3pro, ROFFU
I have a V3 pro I am not very happy with. Wondering if people have both and could give me your opinion on how they perform to each other?

I want to take Black Friday deal but I'm worried about getting something that's too similar to what I already have (v3pro)

I feel the V3 pro is underpowered and whimsy on production

PutOneInTheAir,
  • Wow

Pachena

Anyone found the Roffu in Canada for around $100CDN? With Black Friday, perhaps someone has seen sales priced in Canadian dollars?

XVAPE needs to have more Canadian distributors.

Robert-in-YEG
$100 CAD would be great, but I’d be happy with $135 CAD (approx 100 USD).

You’re right about the lack of distributors, though. Finding a Roffu in Canada is difficult. Finding accessories for it in Canada is even worse.

I wish XVapeUSA would ship to Canada.

Robert-in-YEG

I have a V3 pro I am not very happy with. Wondering if people have both and could give me your opinion on how they perform to each other?

I want to take Black Friday deal but I'm worried about getting something that's too similar to what I already have (v3pro)

I had very mixed feelings about the V3 Pro, but this has become one of my most used vapes.

What changed was the way I used the device. The WPA was the game changer, but a simple measuring spoon helped.

One day I started using a 1/4 teaspoon measuring thing I found in the kitchen. For the metric, it is 125ml. This became my measuring standard, and 125ml of nicely ground flower fits just nice in the V3 Pro. After very lightly patting down, note I didn't say pack, I fire up the V3 Pro and wait at least a minute. With no air flow, the flower doesn't really cook, but the heater core gets hot. That technique seems to produce more vapor for me, it also seems to hit me harder. Whether using the bong or the mouthpiece, that little bit of waiting, seems to make a huge difference. Note, this works for me. Your mileage may vary.

What I discovered is that using 125ml by volume is about right. Sometimes I feel tempted to pack more in the V3, but sometimes less is more.

Before getting the WPA, my V3 sat mostly unused. After getting the WPA and discovering that a bit waiting is a good thing, it has now become a very regular and reliable friend. Using the same amount of floor every time makes for very predictable reactions.

Robert-in-YEG

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The Roffu gets vapor more easily, have you tried your V3Pro with some of the intake holes covered? Covering the air holes gets the ABV a little darker with the V3Pro but will never get as dark as a Roffu can. The only way to get close is to use a WPA on the V3Pro, here is one puff on the V3Pro with WPA,
1667280834735-jpg.41728

Plenty dark enough if you have the lung power to match.:2c:
If you do not have lung power...get a Roffu.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Just jumped on the Roffu train, that $99 sale was just too good a deal up against my weak-ass VAS.
Only ordered the device (blue) and a glass wpa for now.
Between this and a 2nd V3Pro I have coming, I think I'll sell one to a friend who is hesitant about any un-tried purchase, but it's waaaay past time for her to upgrade from the VLeaf Go I gave her like a year and a half ago!

PutOneInTheAir

The Roffu gets vapor more easily, have you tried your V3Pro with some of the intake holes covered? Covering the air holes gets the ABV a little darker with the V3Pro but will never get as dark as a Roffu can. The only way to get close is to use a WPA on the V3Pro, here is one puff on the V3Pro with WPA,
1667280834735-jpg.41728

Plenty dark enough if you have the lung power to match.:2c:
If you do not have lung power...get a Roffu.
I have tried it and I also got the WPA, no matter what I do I just have to work so hard at getting a fully extracted bowl and the air flow is just so free-flowing It needs some kind of restriction.

I read a few times that you could actually combust or come really close with the ROFFU? People say the temperature is off but regardless I like something that gets hot enough or I have to control it so I don't combust kind of like my DynaVap or my log vape. I rather have the option than not so I could decide how far to push the AVB.
Not sure if that's still the case or if people just had a different batch?

Petetbay

I read a few times that you could actually combust or come really close with the ROFFU?
Maybe somebody could combust if you had some very dry herb, I couldn’t @ max temp thru water, but it can get very blackened which is kinda combusting, so close to combustion. Usually I vape @ 328*F at the start for 5 nice cloudy draws then step it up usually never going over 378*F. If you want you can up it to 400*F to continue to get vapor, but it‘s basically already fully extracted and the vapor is spent/tasteles.

edit: fresh herb I start @ 338*F on the V3Pro not so fresh @ 365*F, both I step up thru the bowl.

Last edited:

PutOneInTheAir

Maybe somebody could combust if you had some very dry herb, I couldn’t @ max temp thru water, but it can get very blackened which is kinda combusting, so close to combustion. Usually I vape @ 328*F at the start for 5 nice cloudy draws then step it up usually never going over 378*F. If you want you can up it to 400*F to continue to get vapor, but it‘s basically already fully extracted and the vapor is spent/tasteles.
That sounds really interesting that you could actually get production at 328
My V3 pro I have to have it up at 400 or above to get production. If I start going at 328 I will get a bunch of tirp flavor but no visible vapor whatsoever.

You're getting my hopes up although I don't want to combust I would still love to have a device that can ride that line and let me decide not really a fan of these regulated devices that only let you go to a certain roast color usually on the lighter side. I like to treat it like the dial on my log vape and have plenty of the temperature to go as dark or as light for whatever effects I want. I'm anxious to get it to see how it does?

Already have some weird ideas brewing in my head I was thinking of testing out the glass tube and since it seems like it has a screen on top of the heater and a screen inside the tube putting some turp pearls in there and seeing what that does? Basically sandwich the pearls between the two screens and feel the top of the chamber with the hurb. Seems like whenever I add pearls to any of my vapes it always gets better and more evenly roasted

Top Bottom