XVape XLUX ROFFU

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
That’s the Roffu doing it’s thing, yes it does extract fast at lower temps better than most electronic vapes. When the taste runs out is dependent on load size, the pods decrease load size while adding conduction making taste disappear even faster for me. Like usual when I find something works good I try to get more out of it and the Roffu could get more flavor by increasing the bowl size, tried a few things and the HR Fierce glass bowl/stem(more the 1.5x normal load) worked good enough to assume the Roffu could easily handle a bigger load, longer glass tube to expand the load would be nice mod. :2c:
I also believe it is just because of how well the Roffu extracts. as for the adjustable sized bowl, my wpa will have that feature.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I absolutely love this setup, using a Tafee Bowle stem with adapter by @Delta3DStudios.
Metal jhook with 90° turns!
Very smooth and cool, open hits.
I have several vapes that really shine on this thing.

20221214-062231.jpg

Last edited:

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Hey guys, today is the day. I got the materials and started yesterday making a Roffu wpa. I think I have a pretty great product here. These are very hard to pull off because of the super thin wall required to fit in the gap around the heating chamber but, I nailed it. The one I have for my… scientific testing :science: has a carb to make it hands free which is my personal preference. I will also offer a standard option. My design also makes the vapor path completely glass other than the adjustable basket screen (oh yeah, the load size is adjustable too). It also lessens the footprint of the Roffu on your piece because you do t need the cooling chamber at all.

Edit please disregard: My only problem is I have no idea how to upload pics here anymore. If I have any ig followers or fb friends here that knows how to upload pics then please hit me up there so I can send them to u to post here. Discount on a wpa to whoever helps me out.

Last edited:

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower

PutOneInTheAir

E-nano, DynaVaps, v3pro, ROFFU
Thank you. It was never this easy before. That’s great. Here’s some awful pics from my testing chair. Lol
I've had pretty good luck using this platform also It will load full size pictures right to this thread.

By the way I dig your WPA and I really like the carb hole

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I've had pretty good luck using this platform also It will load full size pictures right to this thread.

By the way I dig your WPA and I really like the carb hole

Thank you! I’ll check it out.

Also to anyone interested in a wpa feel free to message me.

Edit: Ive also noticed that the factory Roffu screens as well as the capsules fit these wpas.

Last edited:

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Nice work @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,
20705641-C395-493-D-A5-D0-695366-DDE5-CE.jpg

9-C93-C23-D-3-FA5-41-DC-8201-DCC6-E632-BCE2.jpg

DCF37-B8-B-6248-482-B-8-C0-E-2-C9-D1-BE479-A5.jpg

Just wondering, does it have to have the 'bulb' as a straight shot is just a tiny bit easier to clean and can we still use the OG disc for the oven instead of a basket scene?
The bulb is so you dont burn your fingers. If it’s just a straight shot it does get pretty warm without the cooling unit in place. And yes the og discs do indeed fit.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I've begun to see things, anyone else?

When Roffu is powered off, and in a dark room, press the power button once (might have to be 2x?) and see, very faintly, a battery indicator for two seconds - I think it's a battery level indicator. You can't see it in normal light. Weird, eh?

Sometimes, also while powered off, if I press button a couple of times (or even once??) the "Roffu" splash screen shows for a second or two and the unit buzzes. It's been difficult to see a pattern...

If I power on with 5 clicks, Roffu won't let me power of until it reaches temperature (sesh mode). I would prefer to know that I could power off any time I'd like? (edit -- this is only a 'sometimes' issue...)

Out of character for me to NOT read a manual on a new product in the house, but I have not with Roffu, maybe something in there about these 'ghost' behaviors that I'm missing.

Last edited:
vapviking,
  • Wow
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Sometimes, also while powered off, if I press button a couple of times (or even once??) the "Roffu" splash screen shows for a second or two
Sometimes an electrical gremlin is hard to put a finger on and this is a new one for me.
If I power on with 5 clicks, Roffu won't let me power of until it reaches temperature
If your unit will definitely not let you power it off while it is heating up and that happens every time that would be a fault that will be covered by warranty (as it is easily shown as a fault)
Please get in contact with customer support directly to get sorted fast,
support@xvapeusa.com
And/or,

Call our offices:

Monday - Friday 10am to 4pm PST

(909)517-1100​

Petetbay

I've begun to see things, anyone else?

When Roffu is powered off, and in a dark room, press the power button once (might have to be 2x?) and see, very faintly, a battery indicator for two seconds - I think it's a battery level indicator. You can't see it in normal light. Weird, eh?

Sometimes, also while powered off, if I press button a couple of times (or even once??) the "Roffu" splash screen shows for a second or two. It's been difficult to see a pattern...

If I power on with 5 clicks, Roffu won't let me power of until it reaches temperature (sesh mode). I would prefer to know that I could power off any time I'd like?

Out of character for me to NOT read a manual on a new product in the house, but I have not with Roffu, maybe something in there about these 'ghost' behaviors that I'm missing.
Mine doesn’t do any of these, only when installing batteries it flashes Roffu for a couple of seconds. Sounds like a flakey power button you should try out the warranty while you still can. I’m pretty sure I have already abused mine enough that it‘s warranty isn’t valid anymore. But it’s still ticking.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Sometimes an electrical gremlin is hard to put a finger on and this is a new one for me.

If your unit will definitely not let you power it off while it is heating up and that happens every time that would be a fault that will be covered by warranty (as it is easily shown as a fault)
Please get in contact with customer support directly to get sorted fast,
support@xvapeusa.com
And/or,

Call our offices:

(909)517-1100​

Thank you, Les, I've edited my post to say "sometimes" re: the inability to power down...
I'll have to continue to monitor these things (casually) but for the time being none are remotely catastrophic issues, simply oddities.
There's also some amount of old-guy-meets-box-mod stuff going on, so that's on me! :myday:

Do you at least see the battery ghost I describe?

vapviking,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Kaptan

Thank you, Les, I've edited my post to say "sometimes" re: the inability to power down...
I'll have to continue to monitor these things (casually) but for the time being none are remotely catastrophic issues, simply oddities.
There's also some amount of old-guy-meets-box-mod stuff going on, so that's on me! :myday:

Do you at least see the battery ghost I describe?
I have tried this. When I press the power button once or up to 4 times, it will flash a blank black screen that is lightly illuminated. It does not show any details like battery indicator Maybe this is what you are seeing? I think this is normal operation as the unit is awaiting 5 presses in a row. Once it detects the initial press, it “wakes” the unit and then begins the splash screen upon the 5th press.

Gnome34

Got a used Roffu yesterday and ran 5 bowls through it.

The metal oven produced more clouds than the glass, glass had slightly better flavor.

Flavor is honestly super terpy on the first two inhales but does die off quickly.

I'm curious if there may have been a software update. Further back in this thread users report finishing bowls at 365° F, having to lower temps etc. I wasn't able to get even, dark AVB at max temp. Each oven still had some(not much) green left in it by the time the load seemed spent. Not a big complaint for me, just curious if something had been changed in the software.

It may have been all my testing back to back but the effects from this outdid my expectations. I was very high for longer than I'm used to last night. Typically my high wears off within 45 minutes or so no matter the device. The Roffu had me floating for a few hours last night! Again that was basically 4 bowls in a row with one more bowl before bed. Really enjoyed it.

The device does get hot. I don't mind much.

Display is phenomenal, battery life is good enough and charges quickly. Build quality seems solid. I cleaned everything before use and actually like the cleaning on this one. Parts are small so not much alcohol gets wasted, just a ramekin or shot glass will work to soak everything.

I will need to work on my routine with this one though. The ovens get hot and can't be handled for a good few minutes after a session. I'll use the included funnel tonight for reloads but I'm scared it may melt to the oven if used immediately after a session?

I don't have dosing capsules as I typically don't use them. If cleaning doesn't bother me should I still use capsules? Is the performance better with capsules?

Still figuring out this one out but I had at least 3 fantastic hits per bowl. Sometimes felt like I wasn't getting anything then a decent cloud would come out. Sometimes felt super terpy and then a massive tinymight killing cloud came out. For home use I would love to have the equivalent of a bent arizer stem with nipples. I will pick up the wpa when it is released.

I'm a fan. Optimistic my experience will only get better with time.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I have tried this. When I press the power button once or up to 4 times, it will flash a blank black screen that is lightly illuminated. It does not show any details like battery indicator Maybe this is what you are seeing? I think this is normal operation as the unit is awaiting 5 presses in a row. Once it detects the initial press, it “wakes” the unit and then begins the splash screen upon the 5th press.
Thanks, I see what you mean and I think you are correct, it is not a battery indicator.

thx1138

happy happy! just got my Roffu delivered! bought it from Grass City with a very nice holiday discount! I had the order insurance with "Route" and I have to say, it was completely useless. It never updated shipping, I couldn't enter any info to check on it, and I feel like it was a waste, but only a few bucks, so no biggie.
I ordered an Air Vape Legacy a few days prior to ordering this, and have yet to see anything on shipping - so hats off to Xvape and Grass City for a job very well done. Now waiting on the POTV One capsules, should be here today. POTV ships so fast, and they kept me informed every step of the way. Thanks to POTV too! Bad Bing Crosby reference, but I am dreaming of a green Christmas. (Yes, I am ancient).

LesPlenty

Company Rep
it will flash a blank black screen that is lightly illuminated.
This is what mine does, looks a light grey color typical of any LCD screen trying to show black!
The device does get hot.
The silicone armour sleeve can help and is only $5,
004.jpg

I'm scared it may melt to the oven if used immediately after a session?
As @Shorner said, it is pretty resilient.
I will pick up the wpa when it is released.
Only $10,
0031.jpg

Thanks, I see what you mean and I think you are correct, it is not a battery indicator.
Thanks for the heads up, does look like the LCD just displaying black as it gets ready to wake.
@LesPlenty what do I do?
OK, looks like a proper fault that will get replaced immediately under warranty. Sorry this happened @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd but it is nice to know the onboard safety checks worked to stop any disasters!
Please start a ticket here,
support@xvapeusa.com

Call our offices:

(909)517-1100​

Top Bottom