XVape XLUX ROFFU

blisty

That's a bummer! I hope you find a way because this really is a great vaporizer especially if you could get it on sale. I would read through the thread or maybe try to see if you could come up with something on the search function to get it somewhere else to meet your deadline
I can get it, but not with the glass WPA piece + way more expensive.. :/

LesPlenty

Company Rep
And if I buy in Europe, I pay at least 175 EUR + shipping..
+ they don't have the WPA glass thingy in Europe webshops..
Sorry to hear of your troubles and I feel your pain as I am in Australia and know all about the challenges involved. All I can say is to jump on Vapefiends or Grasscity mailing list (and any other Roffu retailer near you that you like) and grab a unit in the next lot of sales, they may even have the WPA by then also.
I agree I'm honestly really liking the planet of the Vapes one capsules the most just way way cleaner compared to my ROFFU ones
What's your opinion on the capsules and debris?
I will ask about the hole size as I have got the OG design back before they were for sale and mine have very small holes for airflow. I did put fine mesh inside another vapes capsules that let too many Scoobie snacks thru, might be worth a try if you are getting too many 'fines' passing the lid.

Last edited:

PutOneInTheAir

E-nano, DynaVaps, v3pro, ROFFU
@LesPlenty yeah the new design is definitely too big on the holes in my opinion. That's quite a bit Scooby snacks through enough for I have them on standby and just using my other ones now.

Those half inch screens I have actually work pretty good if you're running the mouthpiece with the drake flow on the WPA because it pushes against the screen to lock it in place so hasn't been too bad running that way but anything else
Also, try a medium grind….. not fine..
Unfortunately I don't have a adjustable grinder it's just a planet of the Vapes grinder nothing special.
No issues though because I bought two different brands of the capsules and the POTV ones perfectly and are a finer screen that doesn't let anything through. I'm just sticking with those for now

PutOneInTheAir,
Reactions: LesPlenty

greenpager

when, distracted by this and that, you accidentally take that first pull on the new go-to Roffu like it's the old go-to V3 Pro :whoa::whoa::whoa:

greenpager,

Old Stoner1958

I use the V3Pro capsules and I dont get any debris at all. I even have some pre groung herb that is very fine.
I have a SCS and the grind is perfect for converction vapes. I dont know if they changed the caps for the Roffu but mine have very small holes.

PutOneInTheAir

I use the V3Pro capsules and I dont get any debris at all. I even have some pre groung herb that is very fine.
I have a SCS and the grind is perfect for converction vapes. I dont know if they changed the caps for the Roffu but mine have very small holes.
I believe they changed the design to bigger holes on the newer ones? Picture above for your reference if that's the same one you have? I 100% definitely get quite a bit of Scooby snacks and I would say my grand is not that fine

Old Stoner1958

I am not sure. I have a vision disability. They do look the same to me.
I dont like the edge with no holes and the way the ABV looks from the POTV caps. That is quire light and people say they dont extract evenly.

Old Stoner1958,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Pods on LEFT top & bottom: Received with Roffu Lite, from 420EDC, (2) free pods, SMALL HOLES.
Pods on RIGHT top & bottom: Bought (5) pack from 420EDC, listed as V3Pro/Roffu, LARGE HOLES.
Both work, large holes = BETTER AIRFLOW, personally by using a stem with a twisted intercooler, I don’t get any “bits” get through to my mouth, with a BCG “medium” grind. I PREFER the additional airflow. Never owned any POTV pods.

NOTE: The custom LOADING TRAY I ordered through Delta3DStudio, was designed with the V3Pro/Roffu Pods, can’t speak for other brands of pods, if you are considering buying a load tray!

Last edited:

Petetbay

Pods on LEFT top & bottom: Received with Roffu Lite, from 420EDC, (2) free pods, SMALL HOLES.
Pods on RIGHT top & bottom: Bought (5) pack from 420EDC, listed as V3Pro/Roffu, LARGE HOLES.
Both work, large holes = BETTER AIRFLOW, personally by using a stem with a twisted intercooler, I don’t get any “bits” get through to my mouth, with a BCG “medium” grind. I PREFER the additional airflow. Never owned any POTV pods.

Well that’s something I didn’t know, mine are on the right needed a magnifying glass to tell, some of the best pods I’ve had and I’ve had a lot, so what. @PutOneInTheAir you don’t have to use them, most people like them, it keeps it more convection. I’d say fix POTV/HR pods and I try not to use them.

edit: pods in Roffu thread :horse:

Last edited:
Petetbay,

PutOneInTheAir

NOTE: The custom LOADING TRAY I ordered through Delta3DStudio, was designed with the V3Pro/Roffu Pods, can’t speak for other brands of pods, if you are considering buying a load tray!

Yeah I've tested them a few times I have a write up about it but the V3 pro capsules were marginally better darker ABV more extracted but it was marginal. Just depends on what the person wants less maintenance maybe marginal difference on extraction or less extraction less maintenance? I'm in the less maintenance camp. Both capsules work great The V3 pro ones heat up faster the planet or the vape ones retain more heat since they're thicker mass. Both blow fat vapor clouds out of my ROFFU.
This vaporizer really doesn't care and is not picky I've noticed very very simple to use. Although I've been on a kick using my log vape lately. When I'm out and about I'll have my sidekick with me for sure. Starting to think I need to step it up and get a nice grinder where I could adjust the coarseness. 😆

@Petetbay I do know I have the right not to use them, that's why I don't? 🤷🏼‍♂️ I use my planet of the Vapes one instead because better for "me" when comparing each one side to side for my needs. Having this information helps people so they could actually make their own decisions and be aware of what they're getting and other people's results. Like the pictures @RustyOldNail posted was Great information to see how it's design changed.

Regardless everybody has their own preference just kind of nice to know other's opinions and thoughts at least I liked you before I buy stuff.

Last edited:
PutOneInTheAir,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I dont know if they changed the caps for the Roffu but mine have very small holes.
Roffu Lite, from 420EDC, (2) free pods, SMALL HOLES.
Thanks for the info @RustyOldNail, that clears things up. A medium to coarse grind would work best in the newer version and best on a bong if you have dusty/fine herb...or just leave the mesh in the CU silicon.
I use my planet of the Vapes one instead because better for "me"
I am a firm believer that there is no really wrong way to vape as long as the user is happy. We can offer suggestions on technique but in the end, it is personal preference that wins.

PutOneInTheAir

Thanks for the info @RustyOldNail, that clears things up. A medium to coarse grind would work best in the newer version and best on a bong if you have dusty/fine herb...or just leave the mesh in the CU silicon.

I am a firm believer that there is no really wrong way to vape as long as the user is happy. We can offer suggestions on technique but in the end, it is personal preference that wins.
💯

PutOneInTheAir,

blisty

Little update: I have sourced the proper size tubing and it is enroute. If everything goes as planned then I should have a pretty nifty wpa by late this week early next week. I plan on offering a carbed option as well as a standard.
And do you send these to EU? :)

maremaresing

That's unfortunate. Its annoying to have it buzz when turning on and off, and i have to set it down on a soft surface after on demand or it will scratch itself up when it buzzes every time. And startle me.

maremaresing,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
i have to set it down on a soft surface after on demand or it will scratch itself
The Roffu takes a fair amount of abuse to get a scratch, you have to pretty well throw the unit at a brick wall to scratch it (how I finally scratched mine). It may scratch it if you rest it on rough concrete when it vibrates, but I doubt that would even hurt it.
That said, I will suggest a stealth mode to dim and be able to disable the haptic feedback to be made available in a future version...all feedback is welcome:tup:

PutOneInTheAir

Anyone else notice with their ROFFU that the taste seems to disappear pretty fast compared to other vaporizers? I keep bumping down the temperature and it does help but still goes pretty quick. Currently at 350° f
This is not a complaint whatsoever just curious to hear others feedback.

I was running metal bowl with dosing capsule I did switch to glass bowl without capsule and it did obviously help a little bite and mouthpiece did stay much cooler from the less conduction but flavor still disappears pretty quick. Just curious what others thoughts are on the flavor department with this vape? Having a hard time finding a balance between distracted ABV little vapor with flavor both tapering off around the same time.

Definitely my first portable that I've actually felt the need to turn down the temperature quite a bit which I do like.

Like I said no complaint just looking for others opinions on their thoughts on the flavor?

Could just be a particular strain?

PutOneInTheAir,

Petetbay

Anyone else notice with their ROFFU that the taste seems to disappear pretty fast compared to other vaporizers? I keep bumping down the temperature and it does help but still goes pretty quick. Currently at 350° f
This is not a complaint whatsoever just curious to hear others feedback.
That’s the Roffu doing it’s thing, yes it does extract fast at lower temps better than most electronic vapes. When the taste runs out is dependent on load size, the pods decrease load size while adding conduction making taste disappear even faster for me. Like usual when I find something works good I try to get more out of it and the Roffu could get more flavor by increasing the bowl size, tried a few things and the HR Fierce glass bowl/stem(more the 1.5x normal load) worked good enough to assume the Roffu could easily handle a bigger load, longer glass tube to expand the load would be nice mod. :2c:

Last edited:
Top Bottom