XVape XLUX ROFFU

2tiki

I wish I had thought to do the burn off with out the CU.

After running 5 bowls through the Roffu, my quick review is that I love it. Here's a more detailed explanation:

Pros:
It's even smaller than I expected, and this is great because It's definitely very pocketable. And descreet for those of you that need to be. Especially with the black sleeve on it covering most of the metal.
Heats up very fast.
Very efficient extraction. I've been very happy with the Solo2 for years, but the Roffu is definitely getting me more medicated than the Solo2 did on the same herb earlier today even though I think the bowl size is a bit smaller in the Roffu.
Removable battery. With a bigger battery life than many vapes. (Although not more than the Solo2)

Cons:
After a while in session mode, the entire device gets quite a bit hotter than I find comfortable even though I mostly stay around 185c and only occasionally finish it at 197c. Using the silicone sleeve definitely helps, and I doubt it will cause a burn, but it is uncomfortable to me anyway.
At least for now, I find the flavor better in the solo2, but that may change over time as the original sort of plastic smell wears off. It's hardly noticeable already, but sometimes I still taste a bit of it.
The original mouth piece can also get pretty hot in session mode, though is way better than if it was plastic. I also don't love the shape of the original mouth piece and wish it was a bit longer, but I like it more than I was expecting from the pictures. I wish there was other glass available for the WPA. I'd love a longer bit of glass, and a way to put some glass beads in there for cooling.

Overall:

Make sure yours comes with, or that you order separately, the funnel, the WPA, and the silicone sleeve. I find they all enhance the experience by quite a bit, and are all reasonably priced.

As of right now, I feel pretty sure that moving forward, the Roffu will be my daily driver. I may end up wanting to get a desktop or maybe TM2 for those times where I really need a much bigger bowl, but even if I do, the Roffu will definitely be what I take out of the house. For now, I think it will serve me well as both at home and when I'm out.

(EDIT: I forgot to mention that the stock mouth piece when used was catching a mustache hair pretty often. Though not while I used it with the silicone sleeve. If the mouthpiece was longer so your lips didn't get that close to the metal it wouldn't catch.)

Last edited:

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
It took me 5 burn offs, but it got done. No biggie.
Much prefer the WPA as a mouthpiece, and the WPA works great with various pieces I have. At first, I thought it was for my 10mm pieces, and was using it like that, then I saw it was for 14mm, and that works too. My MJ Arsenal Hydra Vape Edition is a perfect bubbler for the Roffu, and I'm glad to finally have found the right pairing.
I've yet to compare it to my Solo, or Solo II, but I have and like them both, so it's not urgent. They are both blue, so I'll start there.

PutOneInTheAir

E-nano, DynaVaps, v3pro, ROFFU
Since the mouthpiece is ceramic can you put that in ISO or is that something that should just be initially cleaned with soapy water? I know silicone doesn't do good in ISO but I'm not sure about the CU? And mouthpiece

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Since the mouthpiece is ceramic can you put that in ISO or is that something that should just be initially cleaned with soapy water? I know silicone doesn't do good in ISO but I'm not sure about the CU? And mouthpiece
I use 100% iso for the silicon too, just for a minute or 2. Everything except the silver CU housing (called the cooling cap in the User Manual) gets iso from me.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The rubber around the screen?
Yes, also the 'rubber' that attaches around the cooling spiral. (see page 3 in the manual, it is called Silicone Part)
I use a plastic test tube with 100% iso to shake those parts clean then rinse with hot water, I rinse in my ultrasonic cleaner that contains water only set at 50C/125f.

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

PutOneInTheAir

Yes, also the 'rubber' that attaches around the cooling spiral. (see page 3 in the manual, it is called Silicone Part)
I use a plastic test tube with 100% iso to shake those parts clean then rinse with hot water, I rinse in my ultrasonic cleaner that contains water only set at 50C/125f.
Thank you I have a ultrasonic cleaner also and I would have probably just threw it on 80c I will try 50c

I haven't got my unit yet tomorrow supposedly is the big day

PutOneInTheAir,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I would have probably just threw it on 80c I will try 50c
I just leave my UC on 50c so I do not burn my hands when fishing out small items that get past the basket...like the filter/screen.
My ultrasonic cleaner is one of my top 3 vape accessories.
Here is how I use a test tube with iso in the UC that is full of water,
img_20191023_201801-jpg.13979

Edit...Hmmm, maybe that is how my ruby insert got a crack in it, too close to the transducer that is right in the middle of the bath.

Last edited:

PutOneInTheAir

I just leave my UC on 50c so I do not burn my hands when fishing out small items that get past the basket...like the filter/screen.
My ultrasonic cleaner is one of my top 3 vape accessories.
Here is how I use a test tube with iso in the UC that is full of water,
img_20191023_201801-jpg.13979

Edit...Hmmm, maybe that is how my ruby insert got a crack in it, too close to the transducer that is right in the middle of the bath.
I'm pretty sure I have almost the same type of cleaner basket looks exactly familiar.

I got mine years ago big solid industrial metal one looking type deal.

I used to do the same setup now I just use water with a little bit of oil in it works really good with no terrible taste soap works good too as long as you're not sensitive to the stuff I'll use it on my DynaVaps or glass pieces not sure about silicone though oil works good on that.

Sometimes I just throw everything in a pot of coffee with creamer and it cleans it pretty darn good too and gets you baked

LesPlenty

Company Rep
no terrible taste soap
Haha, I only got caught once using dish soap in the UC with silicon, it was a big mistake, took ages to get the soap smell out of that silicon.
I have different shades of used iso for cleaning glass, metal, etc, but always use fresh iso for the initial 2-minute clean of silicon parts before they get dropped into the water.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

Did it fall through the basket, to the bottom? Hard to tell from photo.
You know what you are doing, with a more powerful UC than most.
I don’t recommend them to those that don’t want to learn the destructive potential of CAVITATION. Or using alcohol in them, etc..

BTW: Looked into the little bag of Roffu accessories, saw a spare WIRE MESH SCREEN, that’s the same diameter as the METAL DISC screen that fits in the LOADING STEM. It’s larger than the ones that go in the MP silicone grommet/gasket.

What is that one for?

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Im ready to pull the trigger on this vape so I scanned the last 10 or so pages a bit and have gathered a bit of info but I wanna ask anyways. I’m in the US so should I order from edc or direct from xvape? Is the 99$ xvape kit the full kit or the lite? Which company seems to have better shipping? Where do I find the “new style wpa” I e seen mentioned a couple of times? Thanks for any info guys.

PutOneInTheAir

Im ready to pull the trigger on this vape so I scanned the last 10 or so pages a bit and have gathered a bit of info but I wanna ask anyways. I’m in the US so should I order from edc or direct from xvape? Is the 99$ xvape kit the full kit or the lite? Which company seems to have better shipping? Where do I find the “new style wpa” I e seen mentioned a couple of times? Thanks for any info guys.
I ordered mine from X-vape Black Friday night it will be here tomorrow, I got silicone case, WPA and the unit from them. The V3 pro capsules I got from planet of the Vapes but if I could go back in time on Google I found a coupon code for x vape manufacturer for an extra so much percent off. I found the code once it's too late I do remember it was on Reddit and something oil? You'd have to search for it but might save you some$$

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Looked into the little bag of Roffu accessories, saw a spare WIRE MESH SCREEN, that’s the same diameter as the METAL DISC screen that fits in the LOADING STEM. It’s larger than the ones that go in the MP silicone grommet/gasket.
Don't know about that one, the V3Pro had a mesh in the concentrate pod but the Roffu did not even bother pretending to try concentrates.
99$ xvape kit the full kit or the lite?
That is for the full kit. The BF sale is finished but the Roffu is still only $99, but I do not know for how much longer.
Where do I find the “new style wpa”

vapviking

Old & In the Way
New blue Roffu arrived a couple of hours ago, pretty little piece.
I had worried about bowl size, and it is kinda small.
First couple bowls were session at 180C and I liked cool, easy draw with very good flavor. Glass chamber.
On demand seemed somehow more responsive than the V3Pro, maybe that's only a function of the feedback on screen.

Bowls I've tried at any higher temps so far have not tasted as good; over 200C with longer draw I got some very dark traces in avb. So far I think I'll be liking lower temps with this vape.
I like the spoonbrush thing. 4 shovels into the funnel and good. That's the @Delta3DStudios grasshopper funnel, btw, I havent tried the one in the box.

But the spoon sticks in my grinder's mag.
The included grinder should go on a charm bracelet or something, idk.

Reloading while warm you learn pretty fast where the hot parts are!

The battery warning! yellow label says don't use a charger greater than 5V/1A.
Isn't it quite possible with usb-c, to plug into something with higher amp output?

I couldn't help but think of the Grasshopper, and some boxes this Roffu ticks that hopper didn't.

So, first impressions are quite pleasant!

PutOneInTheAir

New blue Roffu arrived a couple of hours ago, pretty little piece.
I had worried about bowl size, and it is kinda small.
First couple bowls were session at 180C and I liked cool, easy draw with very good flavor. Glass chamber.
On demand seemed somehow more responsive than the V3Pro, maybe that's only a function of the feedback on screen.

Bowls I've tried at any higher temps so far have not tasted as good; over 200C with longer draw I got some very dark traces in avb. So far I think I'll be liking lower temps with this vape.
I like the spoonbrush thing. 4 shovels into the funnel and good. That's the @Delta3DStudios grasshopper funnel, btw, I havent tried the one in the box.

But the spoon sticks in my grinder's mag.
The included grinder should go on a charm bracelet or something, idk.

Reloading while warm you learn pretty fast where the hot parts are!

The battery warning! yellow label says don't use a charger greater than 5V/1A.
Isn't it quite possible with usb-c, to plug into something with higher amp output?

I couldn't help but think of the Grasshopper, and some boxes this Roffu ticks that hopper didn't.

So, first impressions are quite pleasant!
Mine should be here in a few hours 🤞

Two questions for you so far are you preferring the on-demand mode or session? Do you feel the same or one is more aggressive than the other?

Second question how was the smells did it seem like it had some odors like people complained about?

Obviously the unit is programmed to run hotter which is in a bad thing in my opinion just got to find the sweet spot but always good to have that horsepower if wanted or if maybe doing a sandwich method with concentrates? I don't know I'd rather have more horsepower than not that's for sure. Your post is very encouraging got me excited I love devices that I can choose the kind of extraction I want as far as AVB color

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Two questions for you so far are you preferring the on-demand mode or session? Do you feel the same or one is more aggressive than the other?
Hits seemed about the same from both modes, especially if same amount of time elapsed between hits. Back to back hits in either mode will get the device hotter, inside and out, I think.
For me it's more about how often I may want a hit, that's how I would select to run it.
Second question how was the smells did it seem like it had some odors like people complained about?
I wondered if it would smell like a Pax, but really I haven't had it long enough to really tell. But I think not as much as a Pax. :lol:
Obviously the unit is programmed to run hotter which is in a bad thing in my opinion just got to find the sweet spot but always good to have that horsepower if wanted
I don't think getting full extraction will be a problem.
I just did a couple bowls starting at 165C, a lower number than I would ever select on other devices I've owned.

I tried the WPA with a J hook and caught what I think is silicone flavor so I'm going to set that aside for a little while. Not sure this is the kind of piece I want to hook up to anything anyway.

2tiki

I took a glass chillum and held it up to the top of the cooling unit without the mouthpiece, and it worked like a charm.

While I think the WPA is nice, it was clearly designed with the idea of not doing a direct glass to glass connection. I'd like to see a redesign of it where it replaces the hole cooling unit, and is basically a glass stem with the bowl built in like they have on arizer vapes.

I think it would turn this device into a more pocketable TM2 style vape. (Don't yell at me, I know that the heater is more powerful in the TM2, I'm just referring to the style of bowl and mouthpiece.)

PutOneInTheAir

Hits seemed about the same from both modes, especially if same amount of time elapsed between hits. Back to back hits in either mode will get the device hotter, inside and out, I think.
For me it's more about how often I may want a hit, that's how I would select to run it.

I wondered if it would smell like a Pax, but really I haven't had it long enough to really tell. But I think not as much as a Pax. :lol:

I don't think getting full extraction will be a problem.
I just did a couple bowls starting at 165C, a lower number than I would ever select on other devices I've owned.

I tried the WPA with a J hook and caught what I think is silicone flavor so I'm going to set that aside for a little while. Not sure this is the kind of piece I want to hook up to anything anyway.
That's a bummer I was hoping the WPA would be more worth it as I bought one also planning on using it on glass I was curious though because it looked like it was just trying to be a mouthpiece more than anything. I have a j hook and a few water bongs I'll mess with it.
Dang delivery system hurry up should be any minute within the hour 🤞

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
That's a bummer I was hoping the WPA would be more worth it as I bought one also planning on using it on glass I was curious though because it looked like it was just trying to be a mouthpiece more than anything. I have a j hook and a few water bongs I'll mess with it.
Dang delivery system hurry up should be any minute within the hour 🤞
When I get mine I think I have a solid design in mind for an all glass wpa. No guarantees until I have the unit in hand but if I’m right u guys will love it and I will offer them to the community.

@LesPlenty how much is the express shipping on the xvape site? I can’t seem to find a price. I just don’t want to choose that option if it’s crazy expensive.

Last edited:

PutOneInTheAir

It's here!
First impressions it's built very very well pretty solid lots of accessories really love the scoop/cleaning tool.
I also got the silicone case so it looks really nice all black with a little blue showing through. The case actually fits very very nice pretty impressed on that

Doing burn off right now I'm going to give her a rip at full throttle and see what she could do soon.

I also got the WPA it's a okay design I would prefer something more like the V3 WPA but it will get the job done just not a fan of silicone if it could be avoided, I guess you don't have to worry about the top pulling off like the V3 pro Glass on glass connection sometimes.

My main question is with the WPA I got two sets of two holes so four holes total on the bottom I'm sure this has been discussed in fact I do remember reading it at one point but real quickly are you supposed to have when hitting native the glass tube pulled all the way up to the top so all the holes are blocked or what's their proper adjustment for what scenario? Kind of confusing on that

PutOneInTheAir

I didn't care for the vapor bouncing off the silicon either so I've been using the wpa with the glass fully extended and the flange mating to the filter gasket. It makes it a straight shot from bowl to exit but it kinda gives me a down stem that doesn't fit well in some glass
You're a genius! Thank you🙏

Hit my first bowl out of the ROFFU, this thang is a powerful vape especially for being portable in its size. I don't know how to upload pictures on here but through on the glass bowl sprinkle-filled 428° f and it blew two really fat hits maybe another small one and the bowl was mostly charged not combustion but further than you would want to take it something I get with like my DynaVap if I want to ride that line or my enano.

This is truly the first electric portable vape I felt I had it turned down It wasn't enjoyable The taste alone was terrible. Re-cleaning everything right now as I would if I pushed it that far in my DynaVap. This personally makes me thrilled now I have full control of how much and how far I want to extract my flower. This is a legit little vaporizer especially for $100. If I could go back in time 100% I would have skipped the V3 pro and just went straight for this not even in the same league between my two. I'm actually really surprised how the stocked cooling unit cool so good that was really interesting. Thumbs up on this one x-vape 👍

Top Bottom