XVape XLUX ROFFU

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
You're a genius

Thanks for the reminder, I just ordered a blue Roffu & Glass MP, as a Christmas šŸŽ. :)

Received it today direct from XVape USA site. That was fast, though I never received an invoice or confirmation email, looked in junk folder. I filled out their CS support form, asking for receipt, never heard back, I guess if I have an issue, Iā€™d use my CC as proof of purchase date. Didnā€™t realize this was the FULL kit, they even threw in a free silicone mod screen.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The included grinder should go on a charm bracelet or something, idk.
Get rid of the mesh and it can grind 1x little bud at time, obviously aimed at the first-time vaper to get a decent impression from the device than say a bong smoker that would push a full nug into the oven and say the device is shit cause it won't produce vapor.
The battery warning! yellow label says don't use a charger greater than 5V/1A.
Oh, I never saw that, I always charge mine with a QC3.0 and quite often leave it on charge overnight.
I tried the WPA with a J hook and caught what I think is silicone flavor so I'm going to set that aside for a little while.
If your j-hook is deep enough, leave the glass mouthpiece in the WPA mounted directly above the oven, this negates any silicon except the filter holder from the vapor path.
1668397796102-jpg.42065

When I get mine I think I have a solid design in mind for an all glass wpa.
Did you see my extra technical drawing from a few pages back,
1666412781743-jpg.41327

@LesPlenty how much is the express shipping on the xvape site? I canā€™t seem to find a price. I just donā€™t want to choose that option if itā€™s crazy expensive.
In the check-out there are 2 options, default is Free and you have to select Express when I just checked.:tup:
up to the top so all the holes are blocked or what's their proper adjustment for what scenario? Kind of confusing on that
Thanks to @RustyOldNail link we know to mount the glass straight above the oven,
1668397796102-jpg.42065

RustyOldNail

The battery warning! yellow label says don't use a charger greater than 5V/1A.
Isn't it quite possible with usb-c, to plug into something with higher amp output?

Put this in your KNOWLEDGE BOOK, most lithium battery devices have on board circuitry that handles all the charging protocols, usually safelyā€¦. As such, those that program the devices chips, can op to limit the charge rate for maximum or less for the battery itā€™s designed for. A 2amp charge some might consider a ā€œfast charge rateā€, but is totally fine for these 18650 lithium batteries, but of course you would need an USB charger that can deliver 2amps, like a simple Apple chargers max 2.1 amp. A 1amp rate is fine too, if you only have that smaller size.

POINT is, the DEVICE is what controls HOW MANY AMPS THE DEVICE WILL DRAW!
If the device is programmed to only allow a 1 amp charge, plugging it in to a 2.1 amp USB charger, will still only draw 1 amp, basically it takes what it needs not more. All this can be seen by using an inexpensive USB inline meterā€¦..

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Does it come with the glass and metal chamber
If you purchased from XVAPE it is the full kit and will come with both.
If you got a Lite Kit from 420EDC (not many sell the Lite Kit) you will only get the glass oven and will have to purchase the metal oven separately for $6 if you want it.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Put this in your KNOWLEDGE BOOK, most lithium battery devices have on board circuitry that handles all the charging protocols, usually safelyā€¦. As such, those that program the devices chips, can op to limit the charge rate for maximum or less for the battery itā€™s designed for. A 2amp charge some might consider a ā€œfast charge rateā€, but is totally fine for these 18650 lithium batteries, but of course you would need an USB charger that can deliver 2amps, like a simple Apple chargers max 2.1 amp. A 1amp rate is fine too, if you only have that smaller size.

POINT is, the DEVICE is what controls HOW MANY AMPS THE DEVICE WILL DRAW!
If the device is programmed to only allow a 1 amp charge, plugging it in to a 2.1 amp USB charger, will still only draw 1 amp, basically it takes what it needs not more. All this can be seen by using an inexpensive USB inline meterā€¦..
I and others appreciate the detailed explanation, I think this was already in my Knowledge Book, even though mine is the CliffsNotes edition.

I was pointing out an apparent contradiction in the Roffu packaging literature. I believe it is standard boiler plate abundance of caution stuff and as you indicate, incorrect.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
All this can be seen by using an inexpensive USB inline meter
That is a wise bit of advice that I always forget to follow through on as I usually get lost trying to find an Aussie link and end up lost trying to save 2 bucks between sellers and how many fields and decimal points do I really need and usually end up browsing bongs:)
Iā€™ll come up with something cool.
I look forward to that for sure, a glass vapor path is hard to beat.;)
I and others appreciate the detailed explanation
Agreed.:tup:
It seems the engineers are having a bit of trouble coming up with a simple tool/solution for the loose oven fit issue experienced by some users as I have not had an update. I just thought I would let you all know I have not forgotten and sent them a message a day or 2 ago for any info.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Get rid of the mesh and it can grind 1x little bud at time, obviously aimed at the first-time vaper to get a decent impression from the device than say a bong smoker that would push a full nug into the oven and say the device is shit cause it won't produce vapor.
The little grinder in mine had no mesh in it, I think that mesh thing may have been error?
I noticed in the literature that the grinder is SS, which is a nice touch. I don't think we know the grade of ss, hey, it might easily have gone aluminum, but a choice was made. Might have to at least try it out!

I agree, and think the whole presentation intends to inform the less-experienced, maybe newer vaper, while maybe checking some boxes for experienced vapers as well.

The Roffu seems, to me a cross between a Pax (appearance, appeal, ease - not the conduction aspect) and a Grasshopper, with an added color screen and a ubiquitous battery spec.

On a list of 'weaknesses', I would put the tendency to go to near-char and noticeably worse taste if I lay on it and draw a long time (during back to back hits?). Instead of homogenous medium brown load, it will be very dark near heater and maybe even green on 'top'. My main thing so far has been really enjoying most of a bowl at about 165C, just cruising at lower temps, the avb still goes brown, thoroughly, and good flavor maintains throughout (5 to 7 hits?).

PutOneInTheAir

E-nano, DynaVaps, v3pro, ROFFU
That is a wise bit of advice that I always forget to follow through on as I usually get lost trying to find an Aussie link and end up lost trying to save 2 bucks between sellers and how many fields and decimal points do I really need and usually end up browsing bongs:)

I look forward to that for sure, a glass vapor path is hard to beat.;)

Agreed.:tup:
It seems the engineers are having a bit of trouble coming up with a simple tool/solution for the loose oven fit issue experienced by some users as I have not had an update. I just thought I would let you all know I have not forgotten and sent them a message a day or 2 ago for any info.
I noticed my glass oven fits perfectly snug but my stainless steel one is very loose One side is definitely looser than the other if you flip it around but both are pretty damn loose and will fall out as far as the grinder I was messing around yesterday and I threw a little nug in there and surprisingly it worked okay The grind is actually good consistency it just doesn't move around too much in the chamber with the shredder but it did work and it does have a purpose if you wanted to use a grinder on the go in your pocket possibly?

As far as the hit it wasn't the most even AVB and is definitely on the darker side something I would get with my butane vape if I pushed it hard and the flavor really really suffered in my opinion the V3 pro has better flavor but this one snacks when you hit it really hard with lots of production on vapor. I keep finding myself lowering the temperature I think I last finished off at 375 and it seemed fine 428 is pretty darn hot but if you wanted to milk up a water piece and extract in one or two hits this would be it.

I think we could raise the screen a little bit to get it off the oven floor or I might experiment and put a couple of turp pearls in the bottom and see if that kind of evens things out? I always got a fidget with things I'm in the camp of if it's not broken try to fix it until it is broken. (Of course not physically broken) šŸ˜‰

One thing I did notice is it has a weird kind of vortex thing when I check the bowl It seemed to be like it was rotating in the air while I was hitting it? I don't know it looked a little weird compared to how I left it I'm wondering if it needs a little gentle pack? I'm not even sure if that's a bad thing or not maybe it creates some kind of vortex but all the herb was on one side and the middle was hollow compared to how I left it packed

RustyOldNail

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: LesPlenty

ld

I wish I had thought to do the burn off with out the CU.

After running 5 bowls through the Roffu, my quick review is that I love it. Here's a more detailed explanation:

Pros:
It's even smaller than I expected, and this is great because It's definitely very pocketable. And descreet for those of you that need to be. Especially with the black sleeve on it covering most of the metal.
Heats up very fast.
Very efficient extraction. I've been very happy with the Solo2 for years, but the Roffu is definitely getting me more medicated than the Solo2 did on the same herb earlier today even though I think the bowl size is a bit smaller in the Roffu.
Removable battery. With a bigger battery life than many vapes. (Although not more than the Solo2)

Cons:
After a while in session mode, the entire device gets quite a bit hotter than I find comfortable even though I mostly stay around 185c and only occasionally finish it at 197c. Using the silicone sleeve definitely helps, and I doubt it will cause a burn, but it is uncomfortable to me anyway.
At least for now, I find the flavor better in the solo2, but that may change over time as the original sort of plastic smell wears off. It's hardly noticeable already, but sometimes I still taste a bit of it.
The original mouth piece can also get pretty hot in session mode, though is way better than if it was plastic. I also don't love the shape of the original mouth piece and wish it was a bit longer, but I like it more than I was expecting from the pictures. I wish there was other glass available for the WPA. I'd love a longer bit of glass, and a way to put some glass beads in there for cooling.

Overall:

Make sure yours comes with, or that you order separately, the funnel, the WPA, and the silicone sleeve. I find they all enhance the experience by quite a bit, and are all reasonably priced.

As of right now, I feel pretty sure that moving forward, the Roffu will be my daily driver. I may end up wanting to get a desktop or maybe TM2 for those times where I really need a much bigger bowl, but even if I do, the Roffu will definitely be what I take out of the house. For now, I think it will serve me well as both at home and when I'm out.

(EDIT: I forgot to mention that the stock mouth piece when used was catching a mustache hair pretty often. Though not while I used it with the silicone sleeve. If the mouthpiece was longer so your lips didn't get that close to the metal it wouldn't catch.)
After a few days of use Iā€™ll also mention a few things. First of all, I ordered another one on Tuesday with dosing capsules and some other odds and ends, I received it today and the capsules are very nice.

Now to my questions, should I remove the mouthpiece screen while using capsules? Not sure if mine is working correctly, Iā€™m strictly on demand, after reaching temp it vibrates, I draw and release button. I wait to take another hit, but it doesnā€™t vibrate. My battery is depleting very quickly and Iā€™ve also noticed on the screen that the temp (color gauge) increases and decreases without anything being pressed? I micro hit all day.

Also be careful placing and removing from pockets, magnetic lid is fine for normal use.

Iā€™ve gone back and forth with my ALP, this is MUCH easier to keep clean, that may change once dosing chaps are available. Battery life is way way better on Legacy.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I keep finding myself lowering the temperature I think I last finished off at 375 and it seemed fine 428 is pretty darn hot but if you wanted to milk up a water piece and extract in one or two hits this would be it.
I said it earlier, too, I'm lowering the temp setting. 160C.
And, I tried the glass mp direct-glass setup, this is remarkable! Same, 160C. 4 to 6 hits with the flower I've got on hand.

PutOneInTheAir

After a few days of use Iā€™ll also mention a few things. First of all, I ordered another one on Tuesday with dosing capsules and some other odds and ends, I received it today and the capsules are very nice.

Now to my questions, should I remove the mouthpiece screen while using capsules? Not sure if mine is working correctly, Iā€™m strictly on demand, after reaching temp it vibrates, I draw and release button. I wait to take another hit, but it doesnā€™t vibrate. My battery is depleting very quickly and Iā€™ve also noticed on the screen that the temp (color gauge) increases and decreases without anything being pressed? I micro hit all day.

Also be careful placing and removing from pockets, magnetic lid is fine for normal use.

Iā€™ve gone back and forth with my ALP, this is MUCH easier to keep clean, that may change once dosing chaps are available. Battery life is way way better on Legacy.
I took my screen out I am just running glass on glass at this point with a WPA I always try to avoid any kind of silicone that I can so I removed the whole unit that hole is the screen since I'm using capsules but you warned it will have play and move back and forth but there will be some added noise with that bugs you? I don't think it's going to be a tremendous deal either way
I said it earlier, too, I'm lowering the temp setting. 160C.
And, I tried the glass mp direct-glass setup, this is remarkable! Same, 160C. 4 to 6 hits with the flower I've got on hand.
Yeah this is the first time that came across this issue besides my enano log vape. I'm only a couple of bowels deep so I got plenty of adjusting to do but at this point in time I'll be starting around 380Ā° f if not less and I got a full weekend of rainy days to sit at home and get baked and experiment

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@ld it only vibrates when it reaches the temp the first time it heats up after that you have to look at the screen to find out when it's ready. Kind of an overlook on their part šŸ¤·

If you wait between hits, you have to tap it again to wake the screen, then press and hold the button and it will vibrate every time for your hit reaching temp... Also if you are taking back to back hits, there is no vibration, I think because the sensor thinks it is already at temp basically near instant

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The little grinder in mine had no mesh in it, I think that mesh thing may have been error?
With the mesh in it was like a 2-piece with a kief catcher
I think we could raise the screen a little bit to get it off the oven floor or I might experiment and put a couple of turp pearls in the bottom and see if that kind of evens things out
If you sprinkle half a load it will move away from the heater and stick to the opposite end of the oven by itself, but there are no rules and experimenting is fun!
I posted this a couple of pages ago, at the end you can see what I am talking about. I find I can run at max temp this way for fast extraction while keeping flavor rather than 4 or 5 roasted sesh puffs on a full slightly packed bowl that do get the ABV very dark on high, quite versatile and hard to find a wrong way(maybe packing too tight but even some like it that way).

Last edited:
LesPlenty,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

ld

If you wait between hits, you have to tap it again to wake the screen, then press and hold the button and it will vibrate every time for your hit reaching temp... Also if you are taking back to back hits, there is no vibration, I think because the sensor thinks it is already at temp basically near instant
Iā€™m trying to figure out how long to wait before repressing the button. Why does the temp gauge increase while on demand and no button? It goes up and down.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Iā€™m trying to figure out how long to wait before repressing the button. Why does the temp gauge increase while on demand and no button? It goes up and down.
If your unit was last left in 'on-demand' mode during you last use the device is set to start heating when you power it on next time. If you do not hit and hold the fire button the unit goes into stand by after about 20 seconds of heating.
This feature actually triggered a fault in some early units as some would do this with just a battery swap, not actually being turned on.

PutOneInTheAir

With the mesh in it was like a 2-piece with a kief catcher

If you sprinkle half a load it will move away from the heater and stick to the opposite end of the oven by itself, but there are no rules and experimenting is fun!
I posted this a couple of pages ago, at the end you can see what I am talking about. I find I can run at max temp this way for fast extraction while keeping flavor rather than 4 or 5 roasted sesh puffs on a full slightly packed bowl that do get the ABV very dark on high.
My grinder never came with a screen I was going to remove it anyway so it saved me the headache.

That's really interesting about the half full pack. I just sprinkled it real lightly to it was full I never packed it down at all I noticed there's quite fluffy so that makes sense. And the ABV did get very very dark.

Today I actually put a micro load in equal to my half bowl setting on DynaVap worth and move the screen up higher and that was a whole different experience, pretty versatile little unit. One thing I find extremely annoying at least for me is the air intake on the side I always cover it with my hands and don't realize it would have been cool if they could have had it somewhere that's not as easy to block.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Might have to at least try it out!
I did dump on the little grinder for being so small but now I have access to medicinal cannabis I have more than 1x strain to grind. (I gave away all my spare grinders after getting a large BCG) I only use the store-bought MMJ for a nightcap to help with sleep as it is a heavy indica (plus it is over AU$400oz) and find the little grinder perfect for grinding a single nug for that purpose.
One thing I find extremely annoying at least for me is the air intake on the side I always cover it with my hands
I found this too until I swapped to using the WPA/glass mouthpiece as I can manage to hold the device where I want more easily than the duck bill...still happens though.:tup:

Top Bottom