XVape XLUX ROFFU

OrsonWhales

I have not used the Fury or TM dosing capsules in the Roffu, but the POTV One and V3Pro dosing capsules both work great for me in the Rof
I have not used the Fury or TM dosing capsules in the Roffu, but the POTV One and V3Pro dosing capsules both work great for me in the Roffu.
These are the POTV one capsules. Most people know Fury. They’re the same. I think it gets more conduction with the capsules.

OrsonWhales,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Zebadan

I have not used the Fury or TM dosing capsules in the Roffu, but the POTV One and V3Pro dosing capsules both work great for me in the Roffu.
Good to see you say that, I've just ordered some V3Pro Capsules :D

I don't often pack the bowl too full and find the herb ends up getting stuck to the filter at the top - am hoping a capsule will stop this but never used them before...

noobvaperct

@LesPlenty

Literally have this and the 5 dosing capsule + holder in my shopping cart about to pull the trigger but cannot seem to find the body armor you posted for it. Are you guys currently out of stock on it?

fogbank

Hmm, guess I just paid 25 quid to clean the top of some capsules instead of the filter then :rofl:
At least pre filled capsules will be easier to reload when I'm not at home
I used the Roffu for quite a while before I got the dosing caps. They keep everything cleaner to some extent. I only get a few bits of material left in the top of the capsule when I empty it. The mouthpiece and its filter still accumulate resin, but with less plant material in it. Overall it is a cleaner experience for me.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I just paid 25 quid to clean the top of some capsules instead of the filter
I will let you in on a little secret...replace the stamped disc filter in the cooling unit (CU) with a wire mesh job and no more herb stick (at least with my Ti examples) and less particles get into the CU to need cleaning!
Even with mesh (TI DDAVE DV screens) I still use my V3P capsules. :2c:
cannot seem to find the body armor
These are a new item and may not be stocked anywhere but our site so far...I just type in Roffu in the search field on the XVAPE site to get all the accessories,

Last edited:
LesPlenty,
Reactions: BigJr48

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I will let you in on a little secret...replace the stamped disc filter in the cooling unit (CU) with a wire mesh job and no more herb stick (at least with my Ti examples) and less particles get into the CU to need cleaning!

I’m still experimenting, with a very gentle tamp of my load in bowl, I don’t get the loose buds collecting on the CU screen due to the suction created while drawing. Seen this on other vapes, like the Ambit, which uses similar type stamped disk filter in same location. Thanks for the reminder of using a real wire screen, I may try that for FUN, maybe the Revolver DV wire screens will fit.

Petetbay

Got a Fog Pro also and I want to say they are very differents devices, both are good but the Roffu seems more clouds oriented while the Fog Pro is very tasty without to bring large clouds on the table
Little off topic for this thread, @PPN try the Ace mp on the Fog Pro. I’m not a fan of the Fog Pro mp so that might bias me against it, but I find the Ace mp works better, is easier to clean and the swivel mp stays in and seals better, plus the magnets are twice as strong. The Fog Pro mp on the Ace, doesn’t work good, so that idea got blown away. :hmm:

Petetbay,

Old Stoner1958

Having been an herb smoker for 49 years I was skeptical about vaping and the high I would get.
Yesterday I got the Roffu Lite kit from 420EDC. I cherged it and cleaned it and ran a couple burn offs.
I put the 2mm glass Backspacer screen then 1/2 bowl of Blue Dreamand the 3mm crutch on top. Set the temp to 340 in On Demand mode.
OMG the flavor blew me away....so much better flavor then smoking. The high was great....not muddied up like smoking. The high even seemed to last longer. I guess its time to put the pipe and lighter away. It took less herb to get a better high...gonna save me some money. Now I need a good grinder. Another combuster bites the dust!

The guys at 420EDC are very helpful and walked me thru the cleaning and first use on thier Discord.. I Highly (no pun intended) recommend 420EDC. For 151.00 I got the Roffu Lite, Nice case, set of glass Backspacers, Doob Tube, Metal chamber, Extra Filter set and that cool Scoop/Brush.They even trew in a dosing cap for me try. Now that is a great deal.

Now I need a grinder.....

noobvaperct

Having been an herb smoker for 49 years I was skeptical about vaping and the high I would get.
Yesterday I got the Roffu Lite kit from 420EDC. I cherged it and cleaned it and ran a couple burn offs.
I put the 2mm glass Backspacer screen then 1/2 bowl of Blue Dreamand the 3mm crutch on top. Set the temp to 340 in On Demand mode.
OMG the flavor blew me away....so much better flavor then smoking. The high was great....not muddied up like smoking. The high even seemed to last longer. I guess its time to put the pipe and lighter away. It took less herb to get a better high...gonna save me some money. Now I need a good grinder. Another combuster bites the dust!

The guys at 420EDC are very helpful and walked me thru the cleaning and first use on thier Discord.. I Highly (no pun intended) recommend 420EDC. For 151.00 I got the Roffu Lite, Nice case, set of glass Backspacers, Doob Tube, Metal chamber, Extra Filter set and that cool Scoop/Brush.They even trew in a dosing cap for me try. Now that is a great deal.

Now I need a grinder.....
Good to hear that, I placed my order last night for the Onyx Grey Roffu Lite Kit, OD Green Travel Kit, and the doing capsule holder/capsules. I hope this comes in soon, I can't wait to use it as my main out and about companion.

Even with mesh (TI DDAVE DV screens) I still use my V3P capsules. :2c:

These are a new item and may not be stocked anywhere but our site so far...I just type in Roffu in the search field on the XVAPE site to get all the accessories,
Just grabbed one, thank you!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Another combuster bites the dust!
That is great news, really happy you enjoy the Roffu and it sounds like you have a bit of experimenting to do with all those accessories!
The guys at 420EDC are very helpful and walked me thru the cleaning and first use on thier Discord
Sounds helpful, feel free to post any hacks/tricks you pick up from there...here. :tup:
I can't wait to use it as my main out and about companion.
Let us know how it goes in that role for you.

LesPlenty,

Old Stoner1958

I got a tip from 420EDC about using the On Demand mode and it works great. Pulse the power button.
Three seconds on....then one second off and repeat as many times as you want. I pause my draw when off for the one second.
It works great at low temps and keeps it tasty. It may even save a little battery time and I get very nice clouds.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Anyone have a suggestion for a spare battery?
I like and use LG HG2 and Sony VTC6 and also hear praise of the Molicel P28A. My 4+ year old examples (that have not been treated well) still give 9x 6min sessions @190c (375f) and the new OG battery gives 10x 6min sessions at the same temp,
1656039901819-jpg.38091

The main thing is whatever battery you choose, use a reputable battery seller.

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
IIRC back then we found in the Tubo thread that cruise mode used on average less energy than on-demand. Of course if you wait 5+ minutes between hits that might not hold true, as there's surely a threshold. I know it sounded counter-intuitive at first, but with PID controllers, once the heater is up to temp, if you don't draw at all and once it reaches equilibrium, you can see that the power draw is minimal, possibly under 1W.

Whereas the constant ramp-up's and down require to trigger the heater at full power before every hit you take, and that adds up pretty quick.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Not too hard to test. Using the same battery at 100% charge, use on demand mode, then session mode until device cut-off in each mode, see how many identically filled bowls you get. While a crude test, it should be appropriate enough. More complicated, would be voltage testing at various stages.

Personally, as some in this thread have mentioned, I’m mostly using session mode, I find because of the side button position on a non-rounded device that it’s very awkward to keep the button pressed, while still being able to view the screen, and not block the air intake holes. My wrist has to be turned inwards, and elbow up. For me, very awkward, and I’ve owned many of these types of battery mods. For me, the power button would be perfect if it were located on the flat side of the device, but I understand the button position is based on the layout of the board inside, so it’s not an easy fix, same with the positioning of the air intake, not ideal being located so close to the power button.

Since the session mode allows me to hold the device more comfortably, not having to retain constant pressure, it doesn’t matter to me which mode may last longer, I just swap to a new battery. Besides, so far I’m finding this device to be more of a quicker extractor then my Tinymight, closer to my GH IO. The flavor fades faster, not a sipper, but working as designed. Other then that, I like the overall form factor.

tykb

I just ordered an Xlux Roffu Lite kit from 420edc, super excited to check it out. Seems like a promising vape that's flown a little under the radar, and I think the price point for the Lite kit is a lot more compelling. At $180 it's been compared with $200+ top tier heavy hitters, but at $140 I think it might be a formidable candidate as a really great mid-tier, clean convention vaporizer. I am especially intrigued by the removable glass chamber design.

Question: is this a vape that, with the glass chamber, would refrain from cooking the herb between hits in session mode?

Building on the conversation above, it seems that even if I only want to take 1 or 2 hits, it might make more sense to use session mode rather than on-demand. I am just wondering if the vape design is conduction-free enough that using session mode instead of on-demand would not make any noticeable difference to how cooked the herbs get between hits.

I'm the type to take a hit or two, wait a few days, take another hit or two, wait a few days, etc. On-demand convection usually works well for this type of usage, but session mode seems like it could work too if the heating element doesn't inadvertently heat the herb chamber when air is not being pulled.

I plan to test this out when I get my unit, but figured I'd ask about others' experience as well.

Old Stoner1958

In On Demand mode doing the pulse thing with the power button I get really good flavorful big clouds at 320
When I se Session mode I use the air holes as a carburator...... and get the same guality clouds.
I like On Demand because I like a good hit....then wait 15 to 20 mins before I take another. In the evening I use Session mode more.

noobvaperct

I'm sorry, I have a really stupid question to ask. My XLUX Roffu just arrived (yay) and I want to charge it.

The USB end is pretty beefy with plastic and it's obviously not something you pull off, but I'm also having a hard time fitting it in a USB port to charge, any ideas here?

noobvaperct,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom