• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

XVape XLUX ROFFU

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have been smoking herb for 48 years and am wondering if the Roffu would be a good choice for me to switch to vaoing?
I combusted herb for about 28 years, tobacco over 35, vaping helped me kick the nicotine at the same time as giving up the combustion.
Would it satisfy me and would I get as highas smoking?
I would argue it may get you even 'higher' as you are consuming all the terps etc instead of them burning off before you even consume. I have a friend (believe it or not!) that calls vapes 'shit faced' devices as they get him more medicated than his 1 papers. I think it is more to do with what I put in my vapes compared to what he is used to.
One major benefit of the Roffu over many vapes is its ability to extract as much goodness as you want as it can turn ABV black if you turn the temp right up and have at it...I rarely use max temp but it is nice to know there is power in reserve if needed.
I have turned into more of a flavour chaser as time moves on and the Roffu delivers there as well with a j-hook hack. Hopefully, the OEM WPA will be available soon to make this easier.

Petetbay

Hello everyone
I have been smoking herb for 48 years and am wondering if the Roffu would be a good choice for me to switch to vaoing?
Would it satisfy me and would I get as highas smoking? I hear it is much more efficient but, if so then why would it leave active content in the ABV?
Any comments would be greatly appriciated.
I’d say go for it, don’t have a Roffu, but it looks pretty good. I’ve consumed cannabis for 51 years and rarely combust any more mostly only hash, though I vape a lot of hash as well. My older brother is still a die hard combustor though he does have a Solo 2 and I have lent him a few he doesn’t even try them. I gonna give some Dynavaps and a Starry to see if I can convert him. He is a true pothead with very hi tolerance and vapes just doesn’t do it for him as he needs a couple of bowls to get the equivalent so it just a hassle to him. That said if you don’t have a hi tolerance and are a low to moderate user vapes should do you good and actually a better experience without harm and the main thing I like is that it doesn’t have that pot stink, I hate that smell now. I wish I had a Roffu to try, maybe @LesPlenty and @PPN will put on a contest for a Roffu and some Qomos. 🐼

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
maybe @LesPlenty and @PPN will put on a contest for a Roffu and some Qomos. 🐼
Qomo is a great little unit that @PPN/ @XMAXVAPORIZER just had a comp with but is actually a separate entity to XVAPE so I cannot say when his next comp will be.
A comp for a Roffu sounds like a great idea, I will look into it and see what we can make happen. :tup:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I am in the process of quiting tobacco right now and I think it may be the right time to switch.
I have a friend that has been trying to quit tobacco for a number of years and I always encourage him to keep trying as even beaks have to be better than not even trying. The Roffu has a lot of power to extract the herb to almost black if you need the extra temps to help ween off combustion. Once your taste buds start firing again you will naturally find yourself looking for lower temps and more flavours (well I did!) and the Roffu with mainly glass vapor path is up with the best-tasting vapes that I own.
The mouthpiece...... It feels like I'm sucking on a nipple and not in a good way. :lol: Maybe extending the mouthpiece would help
Good news, I asked about a longer version of the mouthpiece and was told it is already being worked on and will be available soon.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, I'm glad I can post again with my old PPN account, I received a Roffu for testing&review purpose, not a review now but some feedbacks about this interesting new device released by Xvape:
- interesting hybrid heater (convection+conduction) producing strong vapor by the first pull to the last
- taste is good but fades pretty quickly (by mid-session), although I usually vape en entire load by a single 3mn session (start at 380 for the 2 first minutes and increase by 30°F for the last minute
- I like how the little added conduction helps to provide stronger reliefs
- Design is top notch although I would appreciate if it was a little bit smaller, not saying it's big though
- It's a very nice device for filtered hits so it desserves to get a proper wpa
- why not an optionnal smaller "stealth" top lid with the mouthpiece on a corner, I estimate it may be possible to make that lid 1cm smaller, not sure it's worth the hassles though
- Tried it with concentrates using metal bowl, screen and a quartz fritted disc which was coming with the Xmax V3Pro wax cup, I had good expectations... but sadly this is doesn't worked really better than with the V3Pro, a little bit more vapor but not enough imo
- Last, it was probably already mentionned but I like how you can adjust the bowl's size to your desire by moving up the filter screen in the bowl, this is help to minimize the conduction heating as well and helps to keep the taste fresh for longer.
- Got a Fog Pro also and I want to say they are very differents devices, both are good but the Roffu seems more clouds oriented while the Fog Pro is very tasty without to bring large clouds on the table

And I wish the best to my famous colleague @LesPlenty , I'm convinced he will do an amazing job for the Xvape company, they are lucky to get you in the team, hope they will take care of you!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Thanks for the kind words and the Roffu write-up @PPN. :cheers:
The Roffu is quite versatile, like the V3P the more I use and tweak it the better it gets. I also noted that the plate filter in the Roffu seems to add a lot of the conduction you are talking about as vapor drops off a bit during that first puff if I use a Ti mesh screen in its place.
I am really enjoying how the Roffu is capable of pure convection when on a WPA as it does increase the flavour markedly... hoping to hear good news soon on an OEM version WPA being available.

Old Stoner1958

I am on a fixed income and a disabled vet.
To bad there isnt a way to try vaping before dropping 180.00 on something I can not return.
I guess I am going to have to talk myself into it. I know I would be better off vaping, then smoking.

Old Stoner1958,
Reactions: LesPlenty

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
To bad there isnt a way to try vaping before dropping 180.00 on something I can not return.
I guess I am going to have to talk myself into it. I know I would be better off vaping, then smoking.
I'm not sure I'd recommend the Roffu as a starter vape. Its a great vape and I'm happy its made its way into my daily use but I think there are other vapes that would be better for a complete newbie. Simpler to use and less cost. I'd suggest using the search facility in the top right corner by searching FC for "beginner" and clicking on "search titles only". Maybe posting in one of those threads if needed to resurrect the post so that you get new recommendations.

His_Highness,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Petetbay

If you’re worried about cost the Xmax V3Pro is similiar to the Roffu at half the price and the Xvape Starry is a good choice as a starter Vape coming from combustion and even cheaper. If you’re not opposed to using a torch a Dynavap is another good starter Vape, an M is ok, but I like the Hydravong wood stem with a ti tip. :hmm:

Question Oldstoner: You are located in USA? If you’re in Canada I could probably help you out with a vape to get you started.

Last edited:

fogbank

Add the convenience and simplicity of the V3Pro dosing capsules and the Roffu becomes a good beginner's vape. I had to work a bit to get the Roffu dialed in without the dosing capsules. I combusted a few times. I swapped between the two bowls. I altered my draw techique. I finally got to where I wanted to be, but there was a learning curve.

With the dosing capsules I have never combusted, and I am able to use 428 F in session mode. I get dark brown/black ABV every time, thanks to the convection/conduction combo. I get 2 huge clouds and one smaller final cloud from a single dosing capsule. It is the perfect dose for me. Cleanup and refill is easy and there is less loose flower mess in the Roffu bowl.

The dosing capsules are the reason that I reach for the Roffu first, even before the TinyMight.

Old Stoner1958

I know there are cheaper vapes out there like the V3Pro and Fury2. I always use a small one hitter because I love the flavor. I have heard that the Fury 2 vapor isnt very tasty and the V3Pro requires a VERY long draw to get big hits. Someone on a website I chatted with suggested the Crafty+ but that out of my price range. Why wouldnt the Roffu be good for a beginner?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
There is the discount code,

Use code "OIL" for 15% off + FREE Shipping​

Or the Lite version from 420EDC,
Why wouldnt the Roffu be good for a beginner?
This lite version could be a great choice for a beginner so not overwhelmed with options.
As far as a starter vape goes, to help get off combustion I believe the ease of vapor the Roffu provides from the first pull (especially a convection heavy vape) makes it high on the list of possible first vapes, along with the great features, build quality and feel make it easy for me to recommend.

His_Highness

I know there are cheaper vapes out there like the V3Pro and Fury2. I always use a small one hitter because I love the flavor. I have heard that the Fury 2 vapor isnt very tasty and the V3Pro requires a VERY long draw to get big hits. Someone on a website I chatted with suggested the Crafty+ but that out of my price range. Why wouldnt the Roffu be good for a beginner?
I consider myself an experienced flower vapist and as I've mentioned earlier I love me some Roffu BUT I had to use my experience to dial it in. When first turning from smoking to vaping there are some hurdles that beginners have to jump like the difference in the buzz. Some folks, met with the newness of vaping AND having to dial in their use can get turned off.

Having said that....the Roffu could be a great starter vape if you're the type who will wade through without getting discouraged.

His_Highness,
Reactions: Petetbay

Petetbay

There is the discount code,

Use code "OIL" for 15% off + FREE Shipping​

Or the Lite version from 420EDC,

This lite version could be a great choice for a beginner so not overwhelmed with options.
As far as a starter vape goes, to help get off combustion I believe the ease of vapor the Roffu provides from the first pull (especially a convection heavy vape) makes it high on the list of possible first vapes, along with the great features, build quality and feel make it easy for me to recommend.
Code does not work these Bonusbox-bundles and they don’t offer units without the bundles. I tried it for regular and lite versions.

• Discount Codes Don't Apply to Gear which includes a BonusBox

Petetbay,

His_Highness

Wouldnt you have todial in any vape to your taste? I know the buzz would be different, but would it still be potent?
I'm sorry but.....We're drifting off the thread topic and the mods frown on that. We're supposed to keep the conversation to the Roffu in this thread. Eventually someone will mention the slew of threads that already have covered this topic.

His_Highness,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Code does not work these Bonusbox
I lead you astray and confused you with the discount post, the discount is for the Airvape site, the cheaper lite version at 420EDC.
but would it still be potent?
It sure is, I actually 'chucked a whitey' on the Roffu a few nights ago when testing on a WPA and j-hook, smooth cool vapor can catch up to you...first time that has happened in months (I was chasing away some pretty bad pain and overdid it and it worked as I could not feel from the nose down as I sat outside in 5C (40f) sweat dripping off my nose)
Having said that....the Roffu could be a great starter vape if you're the type who will wade through without getting discouraged.
The Roffu only has a short learning curve but is quick to dial in, especially if a user has been following this thread and noting the user tips provided...a bit like pressing rosin, it seems daunting at first but as I had followed FC on the subject, my first run was terrific and I have not looked back.
We're drifting off the thread topic and the mods frown on that.
Thanks for the reminder, it can be easy to wander off track sometimes. :tup:

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Petetbay

jamhead

Couple of quick questions- on the light blue model - the top and bottom appear white. What is the white material made of and does it remain clean or become discolored/dirty?

Thanks!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Couple of quick questions- on the light blue model - the top and bottom appear white. What is the white material made of and does it remain clean or become discolored/dirty?

Thanks!

On both versions its ceramic zirconia, the white remains clean and easy cleaning :tup:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Ok got it, but you mean Xvape not Airvape, so more confusion doesn’t happen. :horse:
Thanks for clearing that up...was obviously too early in the morning for me to be posting. :lol:
I was in a mad rush to head off camping and was talking to another member about their (Airvape) discount code muck up at the same time.
There was ice in the puddles while camping as it was freezing cold but the Roffu worked a treat and was a welcomed hand-warmer in the cold conditions, spot the Roffu?
1658386691414-jpg.38438

I did not even have to get out any dabbing devices...the Roffu sure can keep up!

Petetbay

There was ice in the puddles while camping as it was freezing cold but the Roffu worked a treat and was a welcomed hand-warmer in the cold conditions, spot the Roffu?
On the table. It also looks like ya got the winter tires on, look like knobbies. What ya doing out there fishing for crocs and hunting koalas or are they out of season. Good thing you got that fence there to keep from falling in the creek at nite. 🐨

Top Bottom