XVape XLUX ROFFU

Just got my unit this week and I am really enjoying it so far, surprised this little guy hasn't been talked about more with everything its got going on. Been switching between the glass and metal chambers, nice to be able to pop in potv one/hr caps, really nice to be able to take it apart so quick to brush it totally clean to switch between the bowls.

This thing really needs a dedicated WPA, the clouds its putting out are awesome and I was able to rig up a dynavap 14mm stem with a simrell mighty/dynavap stem adapter, but something dedicated/sturdy be thoroughly welcomed. I feel like it would also be easy to make it possible to use 3rd party stems down in the little well the spiral normally sits it but I'll leave that to the experts lol. This this really does heat up in the hand but that CU works really well, think its the metal casing retaining heat, but I think this actually works in its favor and gives the heater some more power.

This thing feels really sturdy in my hand and the screen seems top notch (I can't make heads or tails of the puff counter though lol), if they add some dedicated accessories to this I could see it getting talked about way more often. Like everyone else, the pucker mouthpiece isn't my favorite, I don't hate it as much as some others but something circular would be nice so you could use it no matter what direction its facing in my hand, which is sort of important because the air intake is in kind of an awkward spot when I try to palm the device. I'm really impressed with the heater on this and it can rip through the dosing caps in 3-4 huge hits. I love pretty much everything about this device.

Unfortunately I seem to be having the same problem that @NOLOGO experienced in that swapping the battery causes the heater to kick in for around 30 seconds without any input from me. Noticed it last night after killing the battery all day and I wanted to just swap for a Molicel P26A instead of waiting for a recharge (although the fast usb-c recharge is clutch!). I'd read this thread beforehand so was kinda watching for it, gotta say got pretty bummed out since I'm gonna have to send this guy back in. Did it also when I put the original battery back in the device, so not a matter of an issue with my battery. Sending the company an email about it tonight, hopefully the return/replacement process doesn't take too long, I really want to keep using this device lol

Dr. G

Old Resident
Just got my unit this week and I am really enjoying it so far, surprised this little guy hasn't been talked about more with everything its got going on. Been switching between the glass and metal chambers, nice to be able to pop in potv one/hr caps, really nice to be able to take it apart so quick to brush it totally clean to switch between the bowls.

This thing really needs a dedicated WPA, the clouds its putting out are awesome and I was able to rig up a dynavap 14mm stem with a simrell mighty/dynavap stem adapter, but something dedicated/sturdy be thoroughly welcomed. I feel like it would also be easy to make it possible to use 3rd party stems down in the little well the spiral normally sits it but I'll leave that to the experts lol. This this really does heat up in the hand but that CU works really well, think its the metal casing retaining heat, but I think this actually works in its favor and gives the heater some more power.

This thing feels really sturdy in my hand and the screen seems top notch (I can't make heads or tails of the puff counter though lol), if they add some dedicated accessories to this I could see it getting talked about way more often. Like everyone else, the pucker mouthpiece isn't my favorite, I don't hate it as much as some others but something circular would be nice so you could use it no matter what direction its facing in my hand, which is sort of important because the air intake is in kind of an awkward spot when I try to palm the device. I'm really impressed with the heater on this and it can rip through the dosing caps in 3-4 huge hits. I love pretty much everything about this device.

Unfortunately I seem to be having the same problem that @NOLOGO experienced in that swapping the battery causes the heater to kick in for around 30 seconds without any input from me. Noticed it last night after killing the battery all day and I wanted to just swap for a Molicel P26A instead of waiting for a recharge (although the fast usb-c recharge is clutch!). I'd read this thread beforehand so was kinda watching for it, gotta say got pretty bummed out since I'm gonna have to send this guy back in. Did it also when I put the original battery back in the device, so not a matter of an issue with my battery. Sending the company an email about it tonight, hopefully the return/replacement process doesn't take too long, I really want to keep using this device lol
I have one. I actually like it. But, do not really use it because I got a Tinymight and some others...but, it is a super nice vape... I have it in the air blue color. I hope it turns out for you...seems like a solid company. Good luck.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Excellent write-up, glad you are enjoying the device!
This thing really needs a dedicated WPA
It is being developed...available soon.
if they add some dedicated accessories to this I could see it getting talked about way more often
A new longer mouthpiece option is being made.
the pucker mouthpiece isn't my favorite,
A few of us have had slobbering issues...I blame the mouthpiece too :lol:
Sending the company an email about it tonight, hopefully the return/replacement process doesn't take too long, I really want to keep using this device lol
Sorry to hear of this trouble...again. Another unit from another member has just been sent back to find the problem. You should have no issues with your warranty return @Calvin_Fischoeder, if you do, please send me a PM and I can try to help. :tup:
I actually like it. But, do not really use it because I got a Tinymight and some others.
Variety is the spice of life...nice to have options...and honeymoon periods with new vapes are great!

Dr. G

Old Resident
Excellent write-up, glad you are enjoying the device!

It is being developed...available soon.

A new longer mouthpiece option is being made.

A few of us have had slobbering issues...I blame the mouthpiece too :lol:

Sorry to hear of this trouble...again. Another unit from another member has just been sent back to find the problem. You should have no issues with your warranty return @Calvin_Fischoeder, if you do, please send me a PM and I can try to help. :tup:

Variety is the spice of life...nice to have options...and honeymoon periods with new vapes are great!
I love this post...it is super nice around here on this Forum. It is so nice to see all of the comraderies between everyone. I have no complaints about my Roffu...I fell in love with the color of mine. I love what you said about the honeymoon periods with vapes...well, I am a patient and in need of vapes everywhere. I keep my Roffu at my bedside. It is always reliable...

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Just to let everyone know, 420EDC now has the Lite version kit of the Roffu.
img_20220714_205239_284-jpg.38588

420EDC also gives you a bonus of a nice case and the option of 2x free dosing caps or spacers!
They even post to Canada...but like posting to Aus...not cheap, at least the Lite pack reduces the overall cost and saves on items you may already own and not need.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Just to let everyone know, 420EDC now has the Lite version kit of the Roffu.
img_20220714_205239_284-jpg.38588

420EDC also gives you a bonus of a nice case and the option of 2x free dosing caps or spacers!
They even post to Canada...but like posting to Aus...not cheap, at least the Lite pack reduces the overall cost and saves on items you may already own and not need.

The LITE package is what I “preordered” on the 420EDC site. Shipped on Monday, received it today. Excellent customer service and fast response times, as I added the metal bowl. Everything came in package.

Nice surprise, the Grasshopper IO loading funnel by Delta3DStudio works perfect on the bowls.

While USB-C is nice for todays device compatibility, the ROFFU can only draw 1 amp, which is safe, though current 18650’s are also safe at 2 amps as well, and in a high end external charger can go as high as 3 amps.

RustyOldNail

Noticed when plugged into a USB METER from 2.1 amp charger, the five charge status bars stop, indicating a FULL CHARGE, but it’s still drawing some low amps for awhile. So when you first turn on the device, and you don’t see the tiny batter icon on screen with full fifth bar on, you’ll know why.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Now that I'm done testing and reviewing.......The Roffu's battery life, speed to temp and quick charging have earned it a place in my daily/nightly routine. Its in the current rotation with my Bowle, EVO, Solo and Xmax V3 Pro. The convenience factor is strong with this one. Its also remained remarkably clean. My vape rotation changes naturally all the time but for now this is how I roll. (Actually I don't roll anymore ;-)

If only I didn't have to pucker up like that ;)

RustyOldNail

Has anyone tried this vape with whole buds or parial buds?

Tried a few buds. Better then the TM, but not the same flavor as a “slow roast” CONDUCTION device, like a Mighty or IQ2. Drawing hot air through tight buds is not very efficient nor effective in my opinion, but slow roasting in an oven is fun now and then, mostly for the FLAVOR.
You should actually try it yourself to learn firsthand.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Has anyone made a glass mouthpiece for this unit?
I have been using j-hooks, with a mesh filter in the bottom of the glass bowl for large bowls, the S/S oven has nothing inside, ready to drop in dosing caps that sit on top of the GonG adapter. I cover the carb hole with my thumb for a comfy grip while inhaling as I watch the herb change colour as I vape.
1658977486700-jpg.38645

I am waiting on a parcel that will hopefully have a proper wpa and a new style mouthpiece as they have been in the 'works' for a few weeks so accessories will soon be available.

Zebadan

I've been using the Roffu for a few months now and really enjoy it.

Can any advise please - I want to get another 18650 battery but want to use the Roffu to charge it - Does it matter what type of battery technology I get, e.g. Li-ion, Nimh.

Most seem to be Li-ion but the battery in the Roffu does not state what technology it is. Maybe I'm overthinking it but I don't have any experience with 18650 batteries and have too much experience with batteries for RC vehicles!

RustyOldNail

I've been using the Roffu for a few months now and really enjoy it.

Can any advise please - I want to get another 18650 battery but want to use the Roffu to charge it - Does it matter what type of battery technology I get, e.g. Li-ion, Nimh.

Most seem to be Li-ion but the battery in the Roffu does not state what technology it is. Maybe I'm overthinking it but I don't have any experience with 18650 batteries and have too much experience with batteries for RC vehicles!

You need lithiums. Below is a trusted vendor, so you won’t get fakes or REWRAPS. The Molicel P28a is a solid choice. To learn more about batteries, see the link in my SIG. Good luck.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I want to get another 18650 battery but want to use the Roffu to charge it
I have charged many different manufacturers 18650 lithium batteries in the Roffu.
There is also a silicon armor cover now available for only $5, which keeps things nice and safe, also a bit cooler for those of us that run our units hard with multiple back to back bowls,
004.jpg

Now for our Canadian members, we are looking into getting canvape.com to stock the Roffu.
Lastly, I thought I might try some of the Molicel that @RustyOldNail linked above (18650batterystore) and was happy to see I was directed to their site for AU customers and tried to buy 4...they wanted US$127 for shipping so I will keep looking!

Last edited:

Zebadan

I have charged many different manufacturers 18650 lithium batteries in the Roffu.
There is also a silicon armor cover now available for only $5, which keeps things nice and safe, also a bit cooler for those of us that run our units hard with multiple back to back bowls,

Thanks for the advice on the batteries, now got one ordered - I was overthinking it!

Loving the silicon armour for the Roffu - Will you be supplying this to any UK based retailers? Seems I can not get shipping to the UK from your website

OrsonWhales

Does anyone know what the Roffu filter set includes? There isn’t a picture. I’ve been sandwiching the herb between the two discs from the glass and titanium stem in the glass stem. I want to get more glass and extra discs to have them ready, like dosing capsules. I’m not crazy about the Fury or TM dosing capsules as options. The Fury capsules really diminishes the amount you can put in it. Like I’m running it now I can get 2 or 3 sessions on it, temp stepping. I wasn’t sold on this when I first got it but with extended experimentation, I like this better than the Mighty. Flavor is great at lower temps. I think the Roffu runs hot for what the display reads though. I can get clouds at 160c on this. I’m primarily using session mode with extremely long slow draws.

One con is it does get hot after repeated use or at high temps.

It hasn’t unseated the TM as my favorite but it gets regular use now. Can’t wait for wpa.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Does anyone know what the Roffu filter set includes?
Great question, I have asked for some clarification and will advise. :tup:

Following is a nice in-depth look at the Roffu by George at Vapfiend, he like myself was underwhelmed by the tiny grinder, it is a quasi 3 piece as it only traps trichomes in the storage chamber...used to rob your mates goodies when you grind their material for them. It is great for a newcomer to get the best results from the device rather than just finger grinding but an upgrade for heavy use eventually would be advised...

Does anyone know what the Roffu filter set includes?
420EDC to the rescue...again!
Includes:

1 x Black Silicon Housing

4 x Stainless Steel Screen
20220526_111116__18792.1653582842.jpg

So it is the top of the load in the mouthpiece filter set.

OrsonWhales

420EDC to the rescue...again!
Includes:

1 x Black Silicon Housing

4 x Stainless Steel Screen
20220526_111116__18792.1653582842.jpg

So it is the top of the load in the mouthpiece filter set.
Thanks for your help!

OrsonWhales,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom