XVape XLUX ROFFU

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I think a decent battery & charger might be a good investment here
I am getting 10x 6min sessions at 190C(375f) from the battery that came with my unit and usually charge in the unit with no problems.
I was surprised at how many sessions the OG battery provides, 10x 6min sessions at 190C(375f). More surprising was that my Sony VTC6 and LG HG2 batteries which must be close to 5 years old but still showing low internal resistance only managed 9x 6min sessions each. I noticed the Roffu does not completely drain an 18650 so the battery should last quite a while.
1656039901819-jpg.38091

These are the abv piles from testing, I do not usually stir but the loading funnel and on-board pick make it an easy affair. I will add the bowls were all well spent before the end of each second stirred sesh,
1656138208924-jpg.38092

jamhead

I apologize if this has been asked - but how much material for your trials and how long does it take to completely vape a bowl at 375-380f?

FYI - I’m interested in a vape that helps material taste great, is stealthy, and can cruise through a 0.15g bowl within a few mins if needed (super sneaky). I have Dynavaps as my main use (95% of time), arizer air and Argo (love both- a little slow extraction), Davinci Miqro (useless for my tolerance and need of speedy extraction).

Sorry for double post. Screwed up.

AJS

Calm Consistency
I apologize if this has been asked - but how much material for your trials and how long does it take to completely vape a bowl at 375-380f?

FYI - I’m interested in a vape that helps material taste great, is stealthy, and can cruise through a 0.15g bowl within a few mins if needed (super sneaky). I have Dynavaps as my main use (95% of time), arizer air and Argo (love both- a little slow extraction), Davinci Miqro (useless for my tolerance and need of speedy extraction).

Sorry for double post. Screwed up.
If you can take big rips, you can kill a bowl relatively quickly...seems much faster than my Solo 2 was.

I can test some variables if you want. I'll load a normal size bowl and weigh it, and count my rips when specifically trying to get through a bowl quickly.
Anything in particular you want me to look for? Just trying to keep a balance of flavor, stealth, potency, and speed?

jamhead

If you can take big rips, you can kill a bowl relatively quickly...seems much faster than my Solo 2 was.

I can test some variables if you want. I'll load a normal size bowl and weigh it, and count my rips when specifically trying to get through a bowl quickly.
Anything in particular you want me to look for? Just trying to keep a balance of flavor, stealth, potency, and speed?
Dang- now that’s awesome.

I’ve come to really enjoy the flavor and effect from convection (I have an arizer desktop that I enjoy). This my initial interest in this vape. However, I’ve found that in ‘my’ world, spinning a DV with a torch isn’t really stealthy- though quick- but a palm-sized unit with good flavor that I can quickly take enough rips to feel as intended if time is a factor. I enjoy kicking back and sipping as well- but there are times when I need to pick up the pace. So- really curious if a bowl could be worked through in a few minutes and remain enjoyable from temp and flavor aspect. May not be ideal for flavor/temp- but if the sacrifice isn’t too great for time aspect.

Hope that makes sense. And thank you for your help!

AJS

Calm Consistency
So- really curious if a bowl could be worked through in a few minutes and remain enjoyable from temp and flavor aspect. May not be ideal for flavor/temp- but if the sacrifice isn’t too great for time aspect.

Hope that makes sense. And thank you for your help!
I actually recently went out for 4th of july yesterday and brought my vape a long, which I rarely do. I typically just stick with carts as it's easier, but flower is SO much better. So naturally, I wanted to see how the Roffu would do.

I pre-loaded the bowl before leaving, and then brought some flower along in a doob toob for easy reloading.

First sessions I did On-Demand mode. I put the temp a bit higher than usual, and my focus was basically getting as high as possible as quickly as possible as stealthily as possible, while still trying to enjoy it.

First rip got some solid vapor with real clean flavor no problem, it never disappoints there.
The next one I purposefully went for a huge rip just trying to kill the bowl quickly, and I sure got a big one. I had to exhale and then try to contain myself a bit. Did the same for the next rip, and same thing.

I quickly grab the stir tool from the secret slot under the vape, pull off the magnet top, toss it around a bit, and slap the magnet back on. Takes probably 5 seconds if you're handy and can all be done without putting anything down with decent dexterity.

I heat up again and take another rip or two, and that's basically the end of it.

I was sitting in my chair in a park as I did this.
I never once feel like I need to endure horrible flavor for a rip. First rip is great flavor, second should still be solid with a big rip, then goes neutral, then goes cooked.

Next sesh around, my friends had joined us by that time, so I was trying to be more private. I turned on session mode, so it was ready the instant I needed a hit, and didn't need the 10 seconds or so to heat up, just one less thing to think about.

So I set the temp, got up, and started just walking around.
A quick flavorful rip. A nice huge ripper. Another nice ripper. A quick good stir, rinse and repeat, and all done, while on the move.

So performance out and about is definitely there. Much faster than most conduction vapes, less stinky, and just gets the job done.

I will say, palmability isn't necessarily the strong suit. I have decently large hands, and I can't make it entirely disappear in my hands. The heater button is in a spot though where you'd have to flip the vape around so screen faces away from you, and use your middle or pointer finger as you grip the entire vape to conceal it. Using your thumb just won't work in that fashion, as the button is halfway down the vape, and your thumb sits at the top or around the unit when trying to conceal it.
________

I'll try to get a session going soon where I can actually focus on out and about variables, and how quickly you can finish a bowl while still staying efficient and enjoyable.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
@NOLOGO is having his faulty unit replaced and the engineering team has been asked to look into the matter, when I hear any news I report it. :tup:
Tried ordering, still don’t send to Canada. :bang: I
I see 420EDC has a lite version of the Roffu listed coming later in July for $140USD, minus the grinder, loading funnel, case and I think just the glass chamber no SS. I have received an order from them lately so they ship to Canada.
I have sent a message to find out more about Canada shipping and will let you know soon.
If you want to completely wring out a bowl you can see my pics above, @190c(375f) it takes about 1 and a 1/2, 6-minute sessions, I was getting next to no vapor at the end of each 2nd sesh but kept pulling as it was a battery test.
really curious if a bowl could be worked through in a few minutes and remain enjoyable from temp and flavor aspect
I did a couple of comparisons between the glass bowl and S/S bowl with a V3Pro S/S dosing cap at 380 to keep good flavor and test at the temp you wanted, here are my results,
1657084083010-jpg.38115

S=small vapor cloud, L=large vapor cloud, H=huge vapor cloud...I was ripping pretty hard
That was a furious 4 minutes on the glass and 2.5 on the S/S, no stirs!
The bowls (weight of herb),
1657084083042-jpg.38114

1657084083031-jpg.38116

Cap contents weight when finished,
1657084083019-jpg.38117

Last edited:

jamhead

You guys are awesome. Thank you for the homework you did! Looks great - the dosing cap looks evenly cooked- very impressive. This has raised my interest considerably! Just a matter of purchasing now. I also dig the blue color vape the more I look at it. I also love the idea of changing from glass to steel depending on mood.

florduh

I received a Roffu right before the weekend. Ran a couple bowls through it and think I'm ready to talk about it. The bottom line is, this is a good piece for the price. Yes, it's not "cheap", but it is a more affordable foray into convection vaping than the top tier portables.

Vapor production took a little longer than I'm used to, but nothing crazy. Quicker than a Mighty from what I can recall.

Flavor isn't as good as the big boys. But it's still good compared to the vapes I see sold in smoke shops and dispensaries. I'd rather budget conscious newbies opt for the Roffu over something like a Pax. I might be wrong, but I feel like I've seen Roffu's on sale for under 150. Most top tier convection portables are around the $300 mark. Do they taste 200% better than the Roffu? I don't think so.

Fit and finish is mostly good, minus the robot fart smell immediately after unboxing. It's a classy looking little device. I'd also be more comfortable taking it out of the house than my TinyMight. Feels a bit sturdier and less likely to break.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Flavor isn't as good
Nice write up @florduh, as far as flavour, what is the lowest temp you have tried. For better taste, I like to go as low as 160C(320f) when temp stepping at home on a small 14mm j-hook and just slowly enjoying a session compared to turning up the temp when fast pain relief is needed and blasting through a cap in 3 puffs on my large 18mm j-hook that looks like a 2-stroke muffler complete with an expansion chamber.
Some peeps prefer spiked j-hooks but I really enjoy the laminar type silky smooth flow with the one mentioned.
@Petetbay it looks like we have trouble shipping to Canada, I received the following info,
"have issues shipping any product up there without it being seized or returned. We operate every level above board so we don't try any underhanded tactics to sneak retail buyers' devices there."
So, looks like EDC may be the best bet,

Last edited:

Easywider

Simple is the way
Nice write up @florduh, as far as flavour, what is the lowest temp you have tried. For better taste, I like to go as low as 160C(320f) when temp stepping at home on a small 14mm j-hook and just slowly enjoying a session compared to turning up the temp when fast pain relief is needed and blasting through a cap in 3 puffs on my large 18mm j-hook that looks like a 2-stroke muffler complete with an expansion chamber.
Some peeps prefer spiked j-hooks but I really enjoy the laminar type silky smooth flow with the one mentioned.
@Petetbay it looks like we have trouble shipping to Canada, I received the following info,
"have issues shipping any product up there without it being seized or returned. We operate every level above board so we don't try any underhanded tactics to sneak retail buyers' devices there."
So, looks like EDC may be the best bet,

Bummer....Comes to $212USD shipped to Canada ( $275CAD ) making it more than twice the price of a V3pro ($108CAD).

NOLOGO

My return label came today.
@LesPlenty thank you for your help!

Could someone please post a pic of the original battery, so I can make sure to send back the correct one? (I tried so many in this unit and now I can't remember which one it came with lol)

NOLOGO

I’d keep the battery unless they requested it, not really good practice to mail batteries especially in a malfunctioning device. If you do mail the battery tape the +ve end with duct tape and do not put in the device. In Canada a special label is suppose to be put on the package indicating it includes batteries.
thanks. that's generally sage advice.
They specifically asked for it back in this case though. I'll either put it in a single 18650 case or wrap it in stretch wrap when I pack everything up. (I think it arrives in the unit with a plastic pull tab to expose the contact, but with this one acting a bit wonky I'm gonna keep it out of the unit, just to be extra safe.)

Gup

Bummer....Comes to $212USD shipped to Canada ( $275CAD ) making it more than twice the price of a V3pro ($108CAD).
The Roffu is definitely better than a V3 pro
The Roffu runs about 30c hotter so 190c on the Roffu is about the same as 220c in the v3 pro.
In all my other vapes (apart from my tiny might and starry) I start at about 190-200c and always end up on the max. But my Roffu I start at 160c and finish at about 195c and the ABV comes out dark. I use fury2 dosing capsules and have no need to stir

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
They specifically asked for it back in this case though
Thanks again for helping out @NOLOGO by sending the whole unit back so our technicians can try to find the problem and fix it as we discussed it is unusual for a problem to persist so your unit may help point to the problem.
my Roffu I start at 160c and finish at about 195c and the ABV comes out dark. I use fury2 dosing capsules and have no need to stir
I like how the Roffu gives the user the choice to make the ABV as dark as they wish, I usually finish my bowls on the Roffu at about 200C-205C when hitting a bowl hard and fast but I also like being able to drag out a session at lower temps too when just flavor chasing.

AJS

Calm Consistency
I like how the Roffu gives the user the choice to make the ABV as dark as they wish, I usually finish my bowls on the Roffu at about 200C-205C when hitting a bowl hard and fast but I also like being able to drag out a session at lower temps too when just flavor chasing.
Agreed. I feel like the user has a lot of control over the session it's really nice.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
2102 Puffs on the counter...At home I have been using an all-glass vapor path (j-hooks) apart from a Boundless disc filter (or alternative), I simply attached the glass or S/S bowl to the 14mm male end of a GonG adapter and simply drop in a filter of choice. In this pic (LtoR)Xmax V3Pro capsule lid, Ed's TNT basket screen, or a Boundless (I think) metal plate filter disc,
1657498640463-jpg.38214

The 14mm male end of the GonG has a slightly smaller ID than the Roffu bowl so it has a nice little ledge for a filter to sit on.
The flavour is very pure using the device this way...just not as pocketable!
I just have to chase up a new 18mm J-hook as the one pictured is :rip:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Bummer....Comes to $212USD shipped to Canada ( $275CAD )
The 'Lite' version of the Roffu from 420EDC makes the overall price look better for Canadian peeps...$225CAD delivered, he should have them available in the next week or so.
Also found these @420edc to use in the above WPA hack for an all-glass vapor path as well as bowl reducer if wanted,
20220330_115144__46867.1648656239.jpg

(The one for the V3Pro will fit the Roffu)

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I've been happily using the Roffu as my only vape since June 26.

Before I received the Roffu I read this thread in total and ran into a small number of posts about smell and taste issues. We are hyper-sensitive to vape taste/smell issues so the first thing I did was to put together a detailed cleanup/unboxing routine. My approach for the initial cleanup may have gone overboard and I don't plan to use it going forward. I would recommend it for unboxing though if for nothing more than playing it safe. I will use the suggestions in the user manual for maintenance going forward. We didn't experience any taste or smell issues. The unboxing cleanup routine I used is detailed in this thread...>https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/xvape-xlux-roffu.52284/post-1659408

Summary: The Roffu is the finest looking vape I own. I've heard the term "luxury" used in conjunction with the Roffu and while looks aren't the most important thing a vape can bring to the table, the look and feel are high-end. It fits my hand well, is solid and weighty. Battery life is excellent for a convection portable. Vapor production is solid. Taste is average. Speed to temp isn't instantaneous but it is plenty fast enough for those "quick hits in private".

Details:
- I haven't experienced any wimpy first session hits BUT because its a convection portable I hit it low and slow with each draw taking a minimum of 30 seconds. My first hit is a good one and the ones that come after are better. I've been told that pulling hard about halfway through a draw will increase production and it does...... because the heater keeps up nicely but I'm pretty happy going low and slow.
- Taste is good for two to three draws and then becomes somewhat tasteless even though the vapor is cloudy. I finish off every bowl until the ABV is dark but it never gets that musky popcorn taste.
- Effects are great.
- I get around 6-8 hits per fill depending on cure and temp step twice. I start at 285F and finish it off at 350F. Dark brown/black ABV, just how I like it.
- Like many convection portables.....My unit doesn't like the bowl packed so I fill without tamping much.
- I prefer "session" mode instead of "on demand" mode. I just like the convenience of not holding the button or waiting the two seconds or so for the temp each time.
- Battery life for a convection portable is pretty good. I get around 10 sessions at 6 minutes a piece. More than enough to get me through the day.
- When I'm emptying a bowl I blow into the intake hole while simultaneously using a brush to clear the inside of the bowl. This is to limit the herb specs falling past the bottom oven screen.
- Draw is somewhat restricted but since I'm going low and slow anyway there's no fight in it.
- The vapor itself is cool and not harsh even at 428F which is amazing considering my unit runs hot.
- I love how easy it is to pull the top off to check out the bowl and stir if need be. And that strong clank it makes when the magnet engages is pretty satisfying.
- The mouthpiece...... It feels like I'm sucking on a nipple and not in a good way. :lol: Maybe extending the mouthpiece would help. I definitely want some water tools for this vape. Not for cooling the vapor. I just want the visual reference.
- My unit runs hot which is why I don't go past 350F. I get ABV that is nicely brown/black the way I like it at 350F. I tried 428F and it didn't combust but I could feel the potential and while I like dark black ABV and don't consider black char as combustion.....428F produced the darkest ABV of all my vapes. I couldn't use session mode past 400F because leaving the oven on like that would make the top (not the mouthpiece) uncomfortable.
- The top of the bowl looks like its tunneling but its not. There's nothing left and once you stir or dump it you can see its dark brown/black and is spent.

Final Verdict: Once I found my temps I found the performance I was looking for too! I love the look of this vape. IMO opinion its the Hermes Handbag of vapes :cool:

Glad I'm done with the promised review because tracking the battery life was taking awhile and now I can charge it up for the night.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I've been happily using the Roffu as my only vape since June 26.

Before I received the Roffu I read this thread in total and ran into a small number of posts about smell and taste issues. We are hyper-sensitive to vape taste/smell issues so the first thing I did was to put together a detailed cleanup/unboxing routine. My approach for the initial cleanup may have gone overboard and I don't plan to use it going forward. I would recommend it for unboxing though if for nothing more than playing it safe. I will use the suggestions in the user manual for maintenance going forward. We didn't experience any taste or smell issues. The unboxing cleanup routine I used is detailed in this thread...>https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/xvape-xlux-roffu.52284/post-1659408

Summary: The Roffu is the finest looking vape I own. I've heard the term "luxury" used in conjunction with the Roffu and while looks aren't the most important thing a vape can bring to the table, the look and feel are high-end. It fits my hand well, is solid and weighty. Battery life is excellent for a convection portable. Vapor production is solid. Taste is average. Speed to temp isn't instantaneous but it is plenty fast enough for those "quick hits in private".

Details:
- I haven't experienced any wimpy first session hits BUT because its a convection portable I hit it low and slow with each draw taking a minimum of 30 seconds. My first hit is a good one and the ones that come after are better. I've been told that pulling hard about halfway through a draw will increase production and it does...... because the heater keeps up nicely but I'm pretty happy going low and slow.
- Taste is good for two to three draws and then becomes somewhat tasteless even though the vapor is cloudy. I finish off every bowl until the ABV is dark but it never gets that musky popcorn taste.
- Effects are great.
- I get around 6-8 hits per fill depending on cure and temp step twice. I start at 285F and finish it off at 350F. Dark brown/black ABV, just how I like it.
- Like many convection portables.....My unit doesn't like the bowl packed so I fill without tamping much.
- I prefer "session" mode instead of "on demand" mode. I just like the convenience of not holding the button or waiting the two seconds or so for the temp each time.
- Battery life for a convection portable is pretty good. I get around 10 sessions at 6 minutes a piece. More than enough to get me through the day.
- When I'm emptying a bowl I blow into the intake hole while simultaneously using a brush to clear the inside of the bowl. This is to limit the herb specs falling past the bottom oven screen.
- Draw is somewhat restricted but since I'm going low and slow anyway there's no fight in it.
- The vapor itself is cool and not harsh even at 428F which is amazing considering my unit runs hot.
- I love how easy it is to pull the top off to check out the bowl and stir if need be. And that strong clank it makes when the magnet engages is pretty satisfying.
- The mouthpiece...... It feels like I'm sucking on a nipple and not in a good way. :lol: Maybe extending the mouthpiece would help. I definitely want some water tools for this vape. Not for cooling the vapor. I just want the visual reference.
- My unit runs hot which is why I don't go past 350F. I get ABV that is nicely brown/black the way I like it at 350F. I tried 428F and it didn't combust but I could feel the potential and while I like dark black ABV and don't consider black char as combustion.....428F produced the darkest ABV of all my vapes. I couldn't use session mode past 400F because leaving the oven on like that would make the top (not the mouthpiece) uncomfortable.
- The top of the bowl looks like its tunneling but its not. There's nothing left and once you stir or dump it you can see its dark brown/black and is spent.

Final Verdict: Once I found my temps I found the performance I was looking for too! I love the look of this vape. IMO opinion its the Hermes Handbag of vapes :cool:

Glad I'm done with the promised review because tracking the battery life was taking awhile and now I can charge it up for the night.

EXCELLENT review!
I pre-oedered the LITE version at 420EDC. Didn’t notice the less expensive lite version, does NOT include the METAL BOWL, nor do they sell it on that site.

So I’m wondering if you have compared the METAL to the GLASS bowls, and your feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
EXCELLENT review!
I will agree!
have compared the METAL to the GLASS bowls
I mainly use the glass bowl on a j-hook so I can fill to the correct level and then watch the herb change color as I vape. I do use the metal oven but only when using capsules.
Store stock of the metal bowls will filter out to reps eventually and cost about $6.

Speaking of j-hooks, I have now reverted to using the OG Roffu disc filter pushed to the bottom of the oven so it does not fall out with each empty like the capsule cap and Boundless disc did.
I am a bit in the same boat, slightly longer on the protrusion would help heaps IMO, I will ask the question if a longer tip can be added as an extra option to add to caps and WPA. :tup:
Taste is average
Taste is very subjective, but silicon in the airpath can never add taste benefits to any vape but it does help to seal well on a portable device. I found the taste ramps up to anywhere from 'very good to better than great' when a j-hook is used but you of course lose the portability of the OG mouthpiece.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
So I’m wondering if you have compared the METAL to the GLASS bowls, and your feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Initially I started off using the glass bowl because I prefer glass for better taste. I switched to using the metal bowl to see if it produced more dense vapor by getting hotter sooner.

IMO..... the glass bowl does provide a slightly better taste but nothing earth shattering and I found that the metal bowl does get a little hotter sooner during a draw which helps a little during the first draw on a new bowl. The difference isn't significant enough for me to prefer one strongly over the other.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Initially I started off using the glass bowl because I prefer glass for better taste. I switched to using the metal bowl to see if it produced more dense vapor by getting hotter sooner.

IMO..... the glass bowl does provide a slightly better taste but nothing earth shattering and I found that the metal bowl does get a little hotter sooner during a draw which helps a little during the first draw on a new bowl. The difference isn't significant enough for me to prefer one strongly over the other.

Thanks!

Old Stoner1958

Hello everyone
I have been smoking herb for 48 years and am wondering if the Roffu would be a good choice for me to switch to vaoing?
Would it satisfy me and would I get as highas smoking? I hear it is much more efficient but, if so then why would it leave active content in the ABV?
Any comments would be greatly appriciated.

Robert-in-YEG

Hello everyone
I have been smoking herb for 48 years and am wondering if the Roffu would be a good choice for me to switch to vaoing?
Would it satisfy me and would I get as highas smoking? I hear it is much more efficient but, if so then why would it leave active content in the ABV?
Any comments would be greatly appriciated.
About a year ago I switched to vaping because my neighbors were complaining about the smell from my bong. Like you, I've been using cannabis for more than 40 years and combustion was always involved. While I enjoy cannabis, I've never really enjoyed smoking.

For me, the psycho-active effects are different. It is difficult to say "get as high as smoking" because it is a different high. There isn't as much couch lock, it is more energetic, but you can get very vaked. Again, for me, the effects don't last as long, however If there was an objective, quantitative measure of mental impact, there is certainly impact. It is easy to underestimate impairment. Regardless of how vaping affects a person, it is not a good idea to have a session on a vape, get in the car, and drive down the street. When I first started vaping, I often underestimated the effects, as they can be subtle. It is a different high but there is most definitely a high.

Having made the switch, the idea of combustion is now something I wouldn't even consider. Like most here, I did try combustion at a point to compare, but I couldn't even get through a bowl on the bong. Once you 'Fuck Combustion', there rarely is a retreat. You probably won't smoke again.

What I have learned is that everyone is different, and every vape is different. Most people do find a vape that fits them, there are patterns, but everyone is unique, so trust your own opinions as much as anyone else.

Robert-in-YEG

Last edited:
Top Bottom