Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

cvs8floz

Hi all, recently purchased a cloud evo, waiting for it to arrive, and had a question. Has anyone figured out a way to have an all glass vapor path? I was thinking an 18mm female-female with a glass screen in the middle which the herb would sit on top of, but I'm not sure how you'd keep it from getting sucked up. Sort of like the arizer eq cyclone bowl, but with a glass screen. This may also help with keeping the inside of the device clean.

Or are there any glass or titanium ELBs? I saw the "Concentration Chamber" on ddave mods but I'm not sure if that would fit the 18mm male joint.

Also, how hot does the top / ELB get after a few hits? Can the basket cool down quickly / be removed with your hands, or too hot for that?
I feel you bring up the shortcomings of this unit, no all glass vapor path and steel mesh ELBs that you have to pry out with your fingernails when hot to reload. The ELBs are too soft to bang against something to empty, you have to dig the spent material out. So much easier using the Weedeater with glass bowl because the bowl is rigid and has a handle.

maremaresing

True, but the weedeater and vapes like it have that hot exposed heater, where the VXL is kind enough safely contain it. Other than that, I feel the real strong suit of this unit is the "all in one" nature of top mounted glass.

I wish they had addressed your concerns in their latest unit, even if that's mostly a refresh.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I feel you bring up the shortcomings of this unit, no all glass vapor path and steel mesh ELBs that you have to pry out with your fingernails when hot to reload. The ELBs are too soft to bang against something to empty, you have to dig the spent material out. So much easier using the Weedeater with glass bowl because the bowl is rigid and has a handle.
What is a better method?
The EVO is first vaporizer that introduced NIRVANA "?
Paper joint’s were da oonly method until glass water path sir passed bamboo!
COLAS (top flower’s of da plant bipedal’s consummate 2 obtain a CIVILIZED existence in da far corner of the universe!)

LooseCucumber

Bought an Evo last week after a discount was in circulation,, and I can say I'm glad I did! Got the kit with the big HT and this thing kicks ass. Turned the unit to 12:30ish and let it sit for 15 minutes. Packed an ELB about half way and wow! First hit was tremendous, followed by about 5 more good tokes. I bought a log years back when it was considered a "budget evo" and I got my money's worth no doubt, but the EVO is a step up.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Bought an Evo last week after a discount was in circulation,, and I can say I'm glad I did! Got the kit with the big HT and this thing kicks ass. Turned the unit to 12:30ish and let it sit for 15 minutes. Packed an ELB about half way and wow! First hit was tremendous, followed by about 5 more good tokes. I bought a log years back when it was considered a "budget evo" and I got my money's worth no doubt, but the EVO is a step up.
Now you mi amigo can enjoy Vaping CANNABIS in awesome delight with a EVO 4-A-NIRVANA experience!

BigJr48

Has anyone tried the Swiss Honeycomb or the Precision Honeycomb hydro tubes? Just wanted to know since I broke my Hydro bomb my first week of ownership.

CANtalk

Seems strange to not like the EVO for having a SS basket in the air path while the New Vape has a big ass hunk of metal in the air path that's being used to literally heat the air. I bang the ELB to empty it without issue... and am still on the original ELB after two years of use! @macbill also shared a pipebrush perfect for quickly swiping the ELB clean in a few seconds.... <$10 for 50 of them, enough to last a lifetime. The Weedeater has multiple pieces and cords to deal with and the heater is a big burn hazard. I love couch vaping with the EVO :science:.

@newvapexhaleuser, enjoy the new vape 👍! Sorry for being late with this info... most here can easily use their fingers to remove the ELB after use, with no heat issues on the skin.

Has anyone tried the Swiss Honeycomb or the Precision Honeycomb hydro tubes? Just wanted to know since I broke my Hydro bomb my first week of ownership.
I own the Precision Honeycomb, and while I have never used a swiss honeycomb, I think it is pretty great. The honeycomb really cools down and smooths out the hit at the price of a little taste. Hopefully, someone who has them all can weigh in here.
I've discussed and gone into a fair amount detail on the Precision Honeycomb hydratube earlier here a few times now. Including comparisons to the Precision Hydrabomb and full sized hydratubes (I have a Swiss Tree). I agree the Precision Honeycomb is pretty great. Will get another.

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I agree the ELBs are a fucking pain in the arse! Lol! I did find however, on those tiny little bottle brush things, that come with some vapes, have a metal loop on the handle. That loop is the perfect tool to dislodge the mass, then use the brush to give it a quick clean.

CANtalk

And even without the loop, using the handle end of the brushes works well to dislodge any stuck mass. There are lots of tools and many tips out there for the EVO... this vape has a large ecosystem and it's great 👍.

Congratulations and enjoy @LooseCucumber! Stick around and let us know how it goes. It's a great community here.

TGIF and hope everyone is enjoying their EVO.... it's currently bringing the goods here! :science::evil:

Last edited:

CANtalk

How does it compare to the other hydro tubes? I'm just asking because I broke my Hydro bomb my first week of ownership and now the Swiss tree is on sale.
Full size hydratube fans really like the Swiss Tree. I find the Swiss Tree easily the nicest looking hydratube out there... a real beauty. But the full size hydratubes condition the vapor far more than the Precision line, calyx, etc. Too much for me, so I haven't use the Swiss Tree much at all... only a few times. That's also why I haven't used a hydrabase much at all either.

My :2c: fwiw. Good luck and let us know what you end up with and what you think of it.

CANtalk,
Reactions: Cheebsy

maremaresing

Yeah, the EVO has a permanent spot on my desk/in my lineup. I really like the small footprint and understated form of the EVO. It's not as small as the enano it replaced, but much higher performance.

Recently I've been getting great use out of the Helix attachment. You basically fill your lungs for the entire rip, and it premixes with air. This is as opposed to pulling on a glass piece and then doing a quick inhale of air at the end. Not as thick a rip as the Helio MP, but a fantastic ice cool daily driver. Feels like getting nothing at all... until you exhale.

I4vFlv8.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, the EVO has a permanent spot on my desk/in my lineup. I really like the small footprint and understated form of the EVO. It's not as small as the enano it replaced, but much higher performance.

Recently I've been getting great use out of the Helix attachment. You basically fill your lungs for the entire rip, and it premixes with air. This is as opposed to pulling on a glass piece and then doing a quick inhale of air at the end. Not as thick a rip as the Helio MP, but a fantastic ice cool daily driver. Feels like getting nothing at all... until you exhale.

I4vFlv8.jpg
This is neat, when you say premixes with air, is there a hole somewhere? Or just due to the shape of it?

Finally got around to using it, wow, this thing can consistently clear a bowl at even low temp (11 o clock) in one long hit. Much smoother than the volcano, more powerful than the underdog, and better than any portable I've used (incl mighty). I put the ELB in an 18mm Male to Female spacer, and it still produces the same amount of vapor at 12 o clock, so you could definitely turn this into an all glass vapor path with a glass screen. Also, I really don't feel this needs a 15 minute heat soak, 5 minutes has worked well.

Couple questions, is the top glass connector supposed to get hot to the touch? I can remove the ELB after a hit easily, but that glass piece is very hot. Also, are there any less bulky cords? The unit is very light and the cord heavy, so I'm scared of it getting pulled off the table.

CANtalk

Finally got around to using it, wow, this thing can consistently clear a bowl at even low temp (11 o clock) in one long hit. Much smoother than the volcano, more powerful than the underdog, and better than any portable I've used (incl mighty). I put the ELB in an 18mm Male to Female spacer, and it still produces the same amount of vapor at 12 o clock, so you could definitely turn this into an all glass vapor path with a glass screen. Also, I really don't feel this needs a 15 minute heat soak, 5 minutes has worked well.

Couple questions, is the top glass connector supposed to get hot to the touch? I can remove the ELB after a hit easily, but that glass piece is very hot. Also, are there any less bulky cords? The unit is very light and the cord heavy, so I'm scared of it getting pulled off the table.
Nice! I think it's a great vape for many of the same reasons.. The EVO is extremely efficient at extraction, pulling out incredibly dense vapor with quality cannabis. It's super flexible too... from sipping to ripping & microdosing to macrodosing.

The glass 18mm male output adapter will get hot to the touch, that's the heatsoak, but I've never heard of anyone finding it close to burning hot or of any significant issue. Just hot. That heat is why I pull the ELB out between every draw (go full convection). VapeXhale has a small rubber "Orbit" piece that I use to hold a few ELBs and VapeXnails when not in the vape... it's another nice vaping ecosystem piece for EVO owners. EVO heater warm up time preferences among owners here is widely variable. I even vary the heater warm up time as I temp step vape (I typically go with a 10-20 min warm up when first vaping fresh cannabis at 11 o'clock on the heater dial, but am later fine with a 3-5 min heater warm up at ~2:45 on the dial). 11 o'clock on the dial, ~320 F, is my favorite starting temp.

The power cord is heavy and the EVO light. I got around this issue by vaping in the family room on the couch. I use a coffee table to hold the vaping station and it's a two level design, so the EVO sits on the bottom shelf near the floor (no drop hazard). Works awesome. Without that, just leaving the EVO heater resting on the floor when not vaping works fine here too (and most anywhere). No drop hazard again, pet friendly, etc., having heater on the floor works well. I even use the couch to hide and store the extension cord. Vape reachability from the couch is excellent and it's super comfy :lol:👍. Another option is to buy the wood VapeXhale "station", the heater slides into a groove and holds it down, limiting movement.

Hope that helps. Enjoy and let us know how it goes with the EVO.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Last edited:

Salvaged_Title_Robot

@newvapexhaleuser
Yes it is normal for the male GonG to be hot to the touch, and can be difficult to dig out the ELB's because of it. After a while I just got used to it and only remember that it's hot when people mention it.

The cord is really heavy compared to the unit and so it is recommended to get the bamboo EVO station to avoid drops. @gaseous_clay recommended this cord a few pages back. You can check out that discussion here.

CANtalk

All quiet here :shrug:. What's going on in EVO land?? I hope owners are quietyly enjoying them.

I'm hitting the EVO again this Friday and it's bringing the goods as always 👍. I'm really flying :science::science:. Super Lemon Haze dry low temp vaping is off the charts here!

The EVO continues to be top notch... strong, powerful, flexible, infinitely adjustable, full convection, no burn hazard, etc. It suits me almost perfectly. Love the overall setup and design. Uber reliable and consistent. The cleaning routine is excellent and simple too, as well as fast & hands off :).

So simple, I'm still cleaning glass after every 3 days use. And clean glass = Flava Flav!
flavor_flav_-_getty_-_h_2020_.jpg

I haven't needed the portable vape yet this year... the EVO has been doing all the lifting.

TGIF and have a great night.

Last edited:
Top Bottom