Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
All about function - I'm a medicinal user to vapes to 445°F and makes edible with my AVB and reclaim.

Looking for a high quality desktop that can put up with 3g daily for years - I don't like the size of the Volcano but as I'm on my last Herbalizer unit, I need to get a back up.
Glad you’re CIVILIZED!
OPINION’S R like A@@hole’s we bipedal creature’s dazed & confused have one!
Flavor (terpenoid’s) of CANNABIS (FRENCH) MARIJUANA (SPANISH) tea spoon of sugar make’s the medicine go down!
EVO usage and quality of flavor (CANNABIS) is a decent vaporizer 4 consumption of medicine!
POV= Of course?

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
All about function - I'm a medicinal user to vapes to 445°F and makes edible with my AVB and reclaim.

Looking for a high quality desktop that can put up with 3g daily for years - I don't like the size of the Volcano but as I'm on my last Herbalizer unit, I need to get a back up.
The lack of a digital display is something you'll get over in a short period of time as you learn the sweet spots on YOUR UNIT'S analog dial. It's been stated many times that each unit can differ in terms of temp reached between units with the same dial setting so you may not be able to depend on the published temp settings per dial location. The difference between the temp settings on differing units isn't huge though but a couple degree differences can cause combustion when you push it. For example, I start at noon and never go past 2:45 on the dial because I have learned that my unit may combust if I go further on the dial.

The other thing to keep in mind is that there are vapes that work on demand like a rescue inhaler but the EVO isn't one of them. If you can wait several minutes to reach temp and don't need an on-demand medicinal approach the glass vapor path and quality of the vapor is amazing.

I believe I've had my EVO for over 5 years now and I can still say that when I want to "savor" a session I'm reaching for the EVO.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
The lack of a digital display is something you'll get over in a short period of time as you learn the sweet spots on YOUR UNIT'S analog dial. It's been stated many times that each unit can differ in terms of temp reached between units with the same dial setting so you may not be able to depend on the published temp settings per dial location. The difference between the temp settings on differing units isn't huge though but a couple degree differences can cause combustion when you push it. For example, I start at noon and never go past 2:45 on the dial because I have learned that my unit may combust if I go further on the dial.

The other thing to keep in mind is that there are vapes that work on demand like a rescue inhaler but the EVO isn't one of them. If you can wait several minutes to reach temp and don't need an on-demand medicinal approach the glass vapor path and quality of the vapor is amazing.

I believe I've had my EVO for over 5 years now and I can still say that when I want to "savor" a session I'm reaching for the EVO.
Your R the real CANNABIS consumption machine of medical usage!
Back in a generation of drainage of build-n swimming pool’s with the radio playing band’s of the music session of group’s influencing long haired kid’s in blue jean’s & blue shirt’s embroidered with gold feet?
Dazed & Confused due 2 the fume’s from seed filtered MARIJUANA.
Decade’s have passed away since recreational consumption?
WHO would’ve ever thought CANNABIS is so useful?
EVO if decent CANNABIS without seed’s in a basket ready 4-consumption is a CIVILIZED activity actually!

maremaresing

Been enjoying the EVO more this week when I really needed a huge one and done rip. It's given some absolutely unreal clouds, full of flavor, where I tap out before the vape does. The helio is still my favorite to use for flavor and density, and the hits are plenty cool.

Has anyone ever tried using the Evo as an injector? It does nice things for flavor with a bit less metal in the path. I'm using a screen here, but this bowl has a glass screen built-in if I wanna go 100% glass. But at that point, I go whole-nug to avoid the pull-through. Crazy flavor.

Never occured to me to do that. Do you have to max the tempt to get full extraction? How much herb is in your glass joint there? What are you using?

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Do these have digital controls?

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see your previous post which has already had replies. So as you know, the short answer is one analog control for temp.

That said, and knowing what you have been using, I'll keep my prev answer below fwiw . . .

When the original Cloud was released in 2012, there was concern and debate about this because digital control was all the rage in association with an obsession over what happens to the material at what temp. Somewhere here on FC there is (was?) even a granular chart of which cannabinoids get vaporized at what temp. A lot of discussion about the point at which pyrolisis is reached and the physics of the ELB. We analyzed ABV as if it were tea leaves. Some (including me, I sheepishly confess) even used an infrared gun trying to capture the heat flow; I posted a chart here with those numbers. Then Seibo shared the convection turbulence effect created by the ELB design, which is great to know but complicates the picture. Finally it was realized that after a little practice a user could tune in the analog dial perfectly for the desired result without any reason for concern, and these discussions all faded away.

Something similar happened near that time with the Extreme-Q which I used before the Cloud. There was a lot of marketing around its digital settings and the forum conversation was intense about the accuracy. So we learned how many and where the sensors are placed in the unit and measured what was happening within and thru the bowl. Eventually it was determined that the digital settings were at best a very broad approximation, with other factors re load and material and moisture and pull having a huge effect. This experience has been repeated with a number of other vapes.

I should add that the Evo delivers consistent results because the vaporization is very complete. Overloading and/or packing down the ELB will require you to do a stir or two; the solution being, not to overload (<3/4, 1/2 is probably best) and not to pack it. Your ABV will be very even. And the Cloud packs every bit as strong a punch but typically all the more so, compared to any other vape I've tried. I'm going on 10 years with the Cloud; my original is my backup unit which I've never once needed. And my Evo (from the first production run) has not once misfired or disappointed, either.

Good luck in your search.

:myday: :science:

Has anyone experienced red/green flashing light coming from the heater?

These are the LED's which indicate the unit has reached to temp set on the dial, red while heating, and flashing when it falls below the setting.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Short answer, there is only one control, for the temp, and it is analog.

Of course I don't know the reason for your question. But I can guess (if I'm wrong, mea culpa) because there was a time years ago when digital control was heavily marketed and source of a helluva lot of discussion on these and similar boards. So just fwiw I'll add the following based on my experience . . .

When the original Cloud was released in 2012, there was concern and debate about this because digital control was all the rage in association with an obsession over what happens to the material at what temp. Somewhere here on FC there is (was?) even a granular chart of which cannabinoids get vaporized at what temp. A lot of discussion about the point at which pyrolisis is reached and the physics of the ELB. We analyzed ABV as if it were tea leaves. Some used an infrared gun trying to capture the heat flow; I sheepishly confess that I even posted a chart with these numbers. Then Seibo shared the convection turbulence effect created by the ELB design, which is great to know but complicates the picture. Finally it was realized that after a little practice a user could tune in the analog dial perfectly for the desired result without any reason for concern, and these discussions all faded away. Going on 10 years with the Cloud/Evo, AFAIK nothing has changed.

Something similar happened near that time with the Extreme-Q which I used before the Cloud. There was a lot of marketing around its digital settings and the forum conversation was intense about the accuracy. So we learned where the sensors are placed in the unit and measured what was happening within and thru the bowl. Eventually it was determined that the digital settings were at best a very broad approximation, with other factors re load and material and moisture having a huge effect. Just like most every vaporizer.

If you have another reason for asking, don't hesitate to . . .

Digital is 4 bling & has accepted appeal in some market’s?
EVO 4-my medical need’s is very effectively like my decanter for vintage wine.
I book from across the pond were a character singing a song that remind’s bipedal creature’s on the Pale Blue Dot 2 enjoy COLAS or VAP able CANNABIS TREE of the strain which meet’s your need?

Last edited:

maremaresing

Great explaination and writeup there! I also fell for the digital control feature marketing of the EQ, when I should have just bought a better vaporizer with analog control.

IME digital control is, at best, as good as analog. I'm sure there are vapes that are dead on accurate, or those that hold a temp with varying loads and breath speeds. For me, my devices all have wildly different temps for the same effect. I'm talking a variance of 20-30C for the same end result. So I find the point that I get the effects I want without scorching or bad flavor, and base everything on that benchmark.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Great explaination and writeup there! I also fell for the digital control feature marketing of the EQ, when I should have just bought a better vaporizer with analog control.

IME digital control is, at best, as good as analog. I'm sure there are vapes that are dead on accurate, or those that hold a temp with varying loads and breath speeds. For me, my devices all have wildly different temps for the same effect. I'm talking a variance of 20-30C for the same end result. So I find the point that I get the effects I want without scorching or bad flavor, and base everything on that benchmark.
I have Q as well it’s better than paper joint’s taste wise?
The EVO is high end or Top Shelf! (POV)

CANtalk

...When the original Cloud was released in 2012, there was concern and debate about this because digital control was all the rage in association with an obsession over what happens to the material at what temp. Somewhere here on FC there is (was?) even a granular chart of which cannabinoids get vaporized at what temp. A lot of discussion about the point at which pyrolisis is reached and the physics of the ELB. We analyzed ABV as if it were tea leaves. Some (including me, I sheepishly confess) even used an infrared gun trying to capture the heat flow; I posted a chart here with those numbers. Then Seibo shared the convection turbulence effect created by the ELB design, which is great to know but complicates the picture. Finally it was realized that after a little practice a user could tune in the analog dial perfectly for the desired result without any reason for concern, and these discussions all faded away.

Something similar happened near that time with the Extreme-Q which I used before the Cloud. There was a lot of marketing around its digital settings and the forum conversation was intense about the accuracy. So we learned how many and where the sensors are placed in the unit and measured what was happening within and thru the bowl. Eventually it was determined that the digital settings were at best a very broad approximation, with other factors re load and material and moisture and pull having a huge effect. This experience has been repeated with a number of other vapes...
Really good feedback for @shouldbeasy. It takes some time to put a post like that together! And one can't be too high :lol:. Very early into EVO ownership, I read up on a lot of that original discussion near the beginning of this thread (there's great info now spread over 800 pages here). Read a bunch of the OG thread too.

A digital temperature display on a vape doesn't mean much, it's an approximation on many levels... the far more important considerations are things like temp sensor setup, location, design sensitivity, etc. And basically, all of these things are good in the EVO. There are early EVO real-time power consumption measurements posted here as well, which show the power and sensitivity of the EVO heater. I find the EVO an excellent vape overall, and the analog adjustment setup of the heater lends itself to very reliable long term use. Analog designs aren't lessor in any way... they can be set to meet use-in-Space, aerospace and medical application requirements/parameters (such as in precision and reliability).

The EVO here continues to bring the goods. Excellent in vaping, cleaning-ease, reliability, consistency, etc. It's like clockwork.

Cheers and enjoy the weekend.

:peace: :leaf:

Hi all, recently purchased a cloud evo, waiting for it to arrive, and had a question. Has anyone figured out a way to have an all glass vapor path? I was thinking an 18mm female-female with a glass screen in the middle which the herb would sit on top of, but I'm not sure how you'd keep it from getting sucked up. Sort of like the arizer eq cyclone bowl, but with a glass screen. This may also help with keeping the inside of the device clean.

Or are there any glass or titanium ELBs? I saw the "Concentration Chamber" on ddave mods but I'm not sure if that would fit the 18mm male joint.

Also, how hot does the top / ELB get after a few hits? Can the basket cool down quickly / be removed with your hands, or too hot for that?

Last edited:

howie105

Hi all, recently purchased a cloud evo, waiting for it to arrive, and had a question. Has anyone figured out a way to have an all glass vapor path? I was thinking an 18mm female-female with a glass screen in the middle which the herb would sit on top of, but I'm not sure how you'd keep it from getting sucked up. Sort of like the arizer eq cyclone bowl, but with a glass screen. This may also help with keeping the inside of the device clean.

Or are there any glass or titanium ELBs? I saw the "Concentration Chamber" on ddave mods but I'm not sure if that would fit the 18mm male joint.
I don't own an EVO, but the concentrate chamber works with all my 18.8 mm male joints.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

Also, how hot does the top / ELB get after a few hits? Can the basket cool down quickly / be removed with your hands, or too hot for that?
Don't have a clue as to how you could eliminate using the current ELBs and there are no ELBs with a different material as far as I know.

The good news is that the ELBs become "touchable" a few seconds after taking a hit. I wouldn't call it cool to the touch but you could pull it out in less than a couple seconds with just your fingers.

CANtalk

It's been a while... but I vaping some concentrates again this late night, and the EVO brings the goods :tup:. It was an excellent low temp dab of Nuken shatter. Here's a picture of what I've got again.
logndmofpa641.jpg

This vape brings the flavors, and a big hit!
:peace: :leaf:

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
Don't have a clue as to how you could eliminate using the current ELBs and there are no ELBs with a different material as far as I know.

The good news is that the ELBs become "touchable" a few seconds after taking a hit. I wouldn't call it cool to the touch but you could pull it out in less than a couple seconds with just your fingers.

Im wondering if seibo ever explored making ELB with an alternative material, probably due to the glass joint it would be risky if not impossible to go for rigid materials, im thinking something like ceramic would work.

Here is what I was looking at https://www.ddavemods.com/store/p41/The_Concentration_Chamber.html

Also does the cloud evo produce enough heat to work with an arizer bowl where the herb is above where the ELB would be? I'm thinking this may make it easier to clean, lets me use a titanium or glass screen, also sometimes nice to be able to see the herb while it's vaping. Or is cleaning when just using dry herb never an issue? Does resin get down into the glass airpath?

Here is what I'm looking at to try out the "arizer cyclone bowl" option:

And an 18mm glass screen in it. Though I definitely don't want anything falling into the device, and the ELBs look like a very fine mesh, so a fine titanium screen might be better.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
The concentration chamber won't fit the Evo. Sorry. The smaller, inner part fits a 14mm female. The airizer bowl might work if you turn it up to 10 but one where the screen sits closer the the GonG would be better. There is a post in the last few pages where someone uses it this way.

BigJr48

If it aint broke don't fix it!!! The Evo is a beast, this unit will take you to places you've never been before.

howie105

I don't own an EVO, but the concentrate chamber works with all my 18.8 mm male joints.

The concentration chamber won't fit the Evo. Sorry. The smaller, inner part fits a 14mm female. The airizer bowl might work if you turn it up to 10 but one where the screen sits closer the the GonG would be better. There is a post in the last few pages where someone uses it this way.
Thanks for the heads-up, hate it when I post bad info.

Top Bottom