Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Hi everyone, I just ordered Evo Hydrobomb starter kit is there anything I need to do before starting a session?

Here's the beginner steps as taught to me:
- Turn the EVO on and set it to max temp. (She takes awhile to reach temp so it's a good idea to start the heater before anything else like grinding, filling the ELB or making a pizza ;):lol:)
- While the EVO is heating up prepare your ELB. 1/3 to 1/2 full, average grind and don't pack it. (Also you could use an unground nug or two. When the taste fades then grind it up to get a couple more tasty hits. Makes the taste last longer if your a flavor chaser.)
- By now you've inserted the ELB.
- When she reaches max temp set the temp down to your go-to temp. For me that would be 12 o'clock.
- When she reaches your go-to temp you could take a small priming draw to start the party.
- All the pre-prep work is done. Draw long and hard, easy or anything in between because she can handle it.
- Once the hits fade at 12 o'clock raise the temp to 2 to 2:30 to finish off the rest.

The EVO temp can differ slightly in each unit so my preferences on the dial may differ from yours but its a good place to start.

Once you get to know the EVO you'll modify the above to suit your own tastes. The steps where you set the temp to max and lower it to 12 o'clock on the dial is just to allow some heat soaking so you can experience the best hits so you have a baseline going forward. You could just start off at 12 o'clock or higher. I don't go past 2:30 on the dial because my unit can combust at 3:00 and forward unless I'm doing concentrates.

ENJOY!!!!

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Hi everyone, I just ordered Evo Hydrobomb starter kit is there anything I need to do before starting a session?

@His_Highness gives you great process tips above. I'll just add . . .

Check out my post middle of previous page re the design of the ELB. The right shred/grind and size load can affect performance.

Pay mind to the HT water level. You want it to be just a tad above the bomb section for max diffusion, any more and you may find water in your mouth. Also be careful not to tilt the HT when hitting; if water gets into the lower chamber you can inadvertently pull the water into the Evo, so . . .

Be very careful with any water near/around the Evo, the bamboo is its only real vulnerability. The top section of the bamboo is thick (it's just a gong joint) so it will be ok but below that the glass shaft is much thinner. Even though it's borosilicate, if water gets inside the bamboo while the Evo is heated up, the bamboo almost surely will crack.

You don't need to hit the Evo hard like a bong (unless maybe you're using some serious larger glass). IMO, the newer/smaller HT's don't really facilitate that, anyway. Not that the Evo can't easily handle that, it is just not necessary. A steady deep draw delivers the most complete and even vaporizing.

At first I did the "3:00 to preheat, dial down to 1:00 for the draws, up to 2:30 to finish off" routine. But then I got lazy, and just turn it on to my preferred 1:00 and then wait ~10 minutes. Like @HH I also do a primer draw, but that's particularly because I tend to load 1/2-3/4. A lighter load, especially with leafy herb, I don't see a need to prime.

This is the starter stuff. There are other nuances and ways to use the Evo. I always suggest new users take some time to work through the first couple hundred or so pages of this thread, and maybe also peruse the same on the first Cloud thread (the Evo btw, is a Cloud) ... you'll find a lot of awesome discussion and pics. You'll also see the earlier larger HT's and more serious glass that many users are in to. The Evo is truly a monster when paired with, say, a Mobius Matrix.

Enjoy!

:myday: :tup:

Last edited:

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Just got the octa hydrabase. I’m not one to say this too much but save your money and buy a different tube instead. The base isn’t even as wide as the tube is wide! Pictures are false plus a male 14 mm joint that I have to use an adapter on to use my 18 mm stock tubes??? Thank god I got it for $50 off but for $169 shipped? They better drop it to $99 for everyone all the time and WTF is with the $24 shipping?? I’d rather take a $100 and $50 bill, roll it up together and combust again before buying another one of these!:\

Salvaged_Title_Robot

oldiebutgoodie

Hello Guys,

I ordered a vapexhale cloud evo some time ago and received it yesterday. It came with an UK power cord but I live in Germany. Can I use a travel converter plug or even a power cord from an old printer oder something?

On the brighter side, I ordered only one cloud evo but somehow received two evos!!! :brow:

If you are in Europe, did you purchase from the U.K. dealer that xhl uses? If so, that would be who you want to call.

Here in the U.S., any standard 3-prong grounding power cord used by desktop computer, AV appliance, etc. can be used with the Evo. If the converter plug you would use simply adapts to a different pattern on wall outlet, that is likely ok, too. But if it is doing a power conversion such as 110 to 220 (or the reverse), be very cautious because IIRC that upsets the firmware and could brick your unit. Talk to you dealer about this, or query xhl directly.

Just got the octa hydrabase. I’m not one to say this too much but save your money and buy a different tube instead. The base isn’t even as wide as the tube is wide! Pictures are false plus a male 14 mm joint that I have to use an adapter on to use my 18 mm stock tubes??? Thank god I got it for $50 off but for $169 shipped? They better drop it to $99 for everyone all the time and WTF is with the $24 shipping?? I’d rather take a $100 and $50 bill, roll it up together and combust again before buying another one of these!:\

I found the Octa Edition Hydrabase on dealer websites, although not on the xhl site. This is a newer version - "2nd generation" - of the HydraFoot, which I have. The only difference I can see is my first gen is a little heavier custom piece by Swagger with a much more serious perc. The male and female joints on mine are both 18mm. The can is about 3/4" more in diameter than my HydraBomb and just a tad less in diameter than the base of the Evo. A 14mm top joint doesn't make sense, given HydraTube bases are all female 18mm. I know how a whip adapter kit is used to connect to stock glass, but there is more than one way to do that so I would have to see what you're connecting - but whatever, the only time a 14mm would be used is if the stock glass has that requirement.

So I'm not questioning your description, only saying that it does appears to be the same as my HydraFoot nor AFAICT the pics I found googling the Octa Hydrabase. So I'll make a wild guess that you bought from a dealer and/or outside the U.S., and a different piece may have been substituted? If that's the case, would piss me off, too.

Maybe you could post back a web page showing the specific Octa you received, because all the dealer pages I find show a piece that looks like mine. You could also post a pic of your piece here. If need be, I'll take a pic of mine and post it here for you to see and compare.

At this moment though, something does not sound right.

:myday: :hmm:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I showed you mine now let’s see yours!:lol: Direct from VXL. I think I want a refund.
Thank GOD it’s Friday!
Dazed & Confused = EVO 4 Decent Bi-pedal’s 2 enjoy CANNABIS marijuana if SPANISH is one’s way 2 talk after da vaporized air leave’s the lung’s of a CIVILIZED CITIZEN of CIVILIZATION!

EVO + COLAS = BLISS

justcametomind

Hello Guys,

I ordered a vapexhale cloud evo some time ago and received it yesterday. It came with an UK power cord but I live in Germany. Can I use a travel converter plug or even a power cord from an old printer oder something?

On the brighter side, I ordered only one cloud evo but somehow received two evos!!! :brow:
The cord that the Evo uses is the same of many electrical appliances as printers, you can use a converter or an EU cable.
I’d go with a printer power cord especially if you plan to keep the Evo on for extended time.

Salvaged_Title_Robot

At this moment though, something does not sound right.
I can't find it on their site either. A 14mm top joint does not make sense, but I noticed is that V.E. DO sell glass that is 14mm female like the "Vega" and the "GreenStar", which doesn't make sense to me since everything is 18mm for the EVO.. pretty weird. Also the pics of the Octo-base I found were indeed from other affiliate sites and showed the base to be larger in diameter than the HT, and had decreased space between the base and tube (although @ShayWhiteGrow stated He was using an adapter so it might be that).
I showed you mine now let’s see yours!:lol: Direct from VXL. I think I want a refund.
Wow that looks pretty bad. Maybe it was intended to be a factory second? The 14mm male joint has me perplexed. Did the 14f/18m adapter come with the glass?
The cord that the Evo uses is the same of many electrical appliances as printers
@gaseous_clay Posted a few pages back that These are actually an upgrade due to the flexibility of the braided cord. I haven't done it myself but looks pretty cool.

Last edited:
Salvaged_Title_Robot,

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I can't find it on their site either. A 14mm top joint does not make sense, but I noticed is that V.E. DO sell glass that is 14mm female like the "Vega" and the "GreenStar", which doesn't make sense to me since everything is 18mm for the EVO.. pretty weird. Also the pics of the Octo-base I found were indeed from other affiliate sites and showed the base to be larger in diameter than the HT, and had decreased space between the base and tube (although @ShayWhiteGrow stated He was using an adapter so it might be that).

Wow that looks pretty bad. Maybe it was intended to be a factory second? The 14mm male joint has me perplexed. Did the 14f/18m adapter come with the glass?

@gaseous_clay Posted a few pages back that These are actually an upgrade due to the flexibility of the braided cord. I haven't done it myself but looks pretty cool.
Vxl responded very quickly with a refund. They had an issue with the new supplier. I’m very satisfied with the CS. :tup:

oldiebutgoodie

Doesn't look good.

Here is my HydraFoot. FC won't allow me to embed, but this should show the pic . . .

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mxeeemuhdc4tql8/HydraFoot+HT.jpg?dl=0

And this is what the octa looked like when it was still on the vhl site (click on bottom-right vid) . . .

https://www.xhl3.com/products/w-hydrabase-octa-edition

Mine appears to be a little shorter, which would give it a better center-of-gravity with the HT on top. I think it may also have a slightly larger footing, adding stability. Still, what is shown on the vhl page looks even and sufficiently balanced.

Looks like a mis-match between your HT and your hydrabase. I wonder if your HT is a bit over-sized? IIRC in the past vxl has offered different HT designs that were short production run specials. Nevertheless, your hydrabase looks kinda narrow and less steady, to me at least.

I don't get the 14mm male joint - is that from the "hose" (whip) adapter kit? Otherwise I don't get why you would have a 14mm piece at all unless you need that to attach to other glass. Were you sent the wrong animal?

I would send it back.

:myday: :\

EDIT: This is what I get for starting a reply before lunch but not finishing it until returning an hour later. :doh:

Last edited:

okc0mputer

So I got my evo in the mail last night, and I am impressed so far. I could complain about some small details, but I'm gonna skip that for now and start by saying the vapor production was pretty impressive and quite potent. I smoked for 20+ years and converted solely to vaping 2 years ago, and this was the strongest vapor hit I've taken so far. I don't have a huge collection to compare to, but what I do have are some pretty good vapes to be compared to. It threw me off for a bit though, because no other vapes I've had worked by inhaling strong/fast, usually requiring a slow and steady draw to produce vapor. When I decided to try the opposite, that first hit I took with a stronger inhale actually caught me by surprise and left me super blazed. Like couch lock and everything, which never happens anymore so this was pretty damn good vapor.
I'm starting at 12o'clock and moving up to about 1.5, which seems to be working well. I'm using a newvape fine grinder, but I could try a few others if anyone thinks a different grind could be helpful. It seems like some people get some defective stuff when they order but I seem to be ok, with the evo itself and the hydrabomb glass both seemingly intact and fully functional. I just ordered a padded camera case from amazon to store/carry it in, so when that project is finished I'll post some more details.

oldiebutgoodie

So I got my evo in the mail last night, and I am impressed so far. I could complain about some small details, but I'm gonna skip that for now and start by saying the vapor production was pretty impressive and quite potent. I smoked for 20+ years and converted solely to vaping 2 years ago, and this was the strongest vapor hit I've taken so far. I don't have a huge collection to compare to, but what I do have are some pretty good vapes to be compared to. It threw me off for a bit though, because no other vapes I've had worked by inhaling strong/fast, usually requiring a slow and steady draw to produce vapor. When I decided to try the opposite, that first hit I took with a stronger inhale actually caught me by surprise and left me super blazed. Like couch lock and everything, which never happens anymore so this was pretty damn good vapor.
I'm starting at 12o'clock and moving up to about 1.5, which seems to be working well. I'm using a newvape fine grinder, but I could try a few others if anyone thinks a different grind could be helpful. It seems like some people get some defective stuff when they order but I seem to be ok, with the evo itself and the hydrabomb glass both seemingly intact and fully functional. I just ordered a padded camera case from amazon to store/carry it in, so when that project is finished I'll post some more details.

Congratulations.

As far as the grind, as I posted before, as a generality if your grind is too fine it will clog the mesh, add drag, and reduce performance. If it is too solid, you will sacrifice evenness and possibly thoroughness, too. I don't get all religious over it, but VXL's recommendation seems to be a good balance. Some folks consider how oily vs how dry the herb is. I.e., if the herb has a lot of oil, no more than a medium grind and a smaller load, maybe 1/2 or even a little less. If dry and leafy, a lighter more flakey grind and a 3/4 load. There are those who prefer shredding (I think Seibo among them) vs grinding, IIRC there was some discussion about that here. These are obviously small details, just matters of personal preference - or not.

Enjoy.

:myday: :peace:

Last edited:

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
Just an FYI, there is a sale going on at Vapexhale. I was going to order the tube and attachments, and saw they had a sweet bubbler 45% off, and it included the hose and attachments that I needed for my existing glass piece. So in my own mind I basically paid about $65 for this.

image_1080x-jpg.9305

I have to say, this glass piece kicks ass. It is by far the best piece I've bought so far, great size and the filtration is top notch.

One question I have is if anyone has sourced food grade silicone tubing for the Evo? I'd like to get some replacement hose at a cheaper price than it is from Vapexhale.

oldiebutgoodie

This is just an FYI note to any Indiegogo Fanatics who may pass by . . . I just heard back from VXL and have been told that they will still honor our Lifetime Warranty. Given that our units are ~7 years old now and so some are probably approaching the need for service, this is good news. (Mine is still going strong.) Just note that you will not get your Vectra housing back - VXL will swap your unit out for a new standard unit, with a new serial number.

I have to say, this glass piece kicks ass. It is by far the best piece I've bought so far, great size and the filtration is top notch.

One question I have is if anyone has sourced food grade silicone tubing for the Evo? I'd like to get some replacement hose at a cheaper price than it is from Vapexhale.

You want NSF-51. VXL uses 3/8" ID with their adapters. My adapters (from a different vape) use 5/16". I think these are the most common.

:myday::peace:

Relaxed

This Space For Rent

You want NSF-51. VXL uses 3/8" ID with their adapters. My adapters (from a different vape) use 5/16". I think these are the most common.

:myday::peace:

Thanks, appreciate the info. I don't think the hoses (even with cleaning) will stay in nice shape for very long.

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
One of the last vapes I purchased and one of the first that I plan to purchase now that I am back :)

I remember the old days when SM was a HUGE fan of the VRipTech wand and wanted to improve on that design of all glass airpath.
Glad to see that you have not only sustained, but thrived and brought a superior product to the market SM!

Im sure you will be seeing an order from me here again soon ;)

AGBeer,
Reactions: ataxian

oldiebutgoodie

One of the last vapes I purchased and one of the first that I plan to purchase now that I am back :)

I remember the old days when SM was a HUGE fan of the VRipTech wand and wanted to improve on that design of all glass airpath.
Glad to see that you have not only sustained, but thrived and brought a superior product to the market SM!

Im sure you will be seeing an order from me here again soon ;)

https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapexhale-cloud-evo.11357/page-813#post-1577820

Salvaged_Title_Robot

Do you still recommend this? I broke my favorite Mobius on the 4th (R.I.P you angel) and am currently on the hunt for something to replace it. How tall is it? The description does not mention the dimensions and just dives into the origin of the name.

Edit: Never mind It's a 14mm! The micro Vega, Greenstar, and now this... Why are all of these 14mm now??? Looking back at the description, it does say it requires a 14m to 18f adapter. Oh well, the hunt continues.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Do you still recommend this? I broke my favorite Mobius on the 4th (R.I.P you angel) and am currently on the hunt for something to replace it. How tall is it? The description does not mention the dimensions and just dives into the origin of the name.

Edit: Never mind It's a 14mm! The micro Vega, Greenstar, and now this... Why are all of these 14mm now??? Looking back at the description, it does say it requires a 14m to 18f adapter. Oh well, the hunt continues.
If your a Bling stoner ?
If function & cheap = FC186 at @dhgate.com (don’t trust my spelling? F’d up!
This put’s me In a blissful CIVILIZED state of CIVILIZATION with my EVO!

Vaporizing is personal.

oldiebutgoodie

Sure that you're looking at the same thing? From the Halley page:

Includes:
1 Halley
1 18mm/18mm male adapter
2 18mm female adapters
1 18" whip tubing

I know my eyes cross sometimes, but I can't see the 14mm. Height is 7.5".

:myday: :cool:

Salvaged_Title_Robot

If your a Bling stoner ?
Not after I broke that Mobius I'm not lol. I would be okay with dhgate stuff but I dislike waiting for shipping from china, so I usually go for stuff in the U.S.
Sure that you're looking at the same thing?
You are right. It does not say 14mm for the Halley on the site. I got confused because of this post on reddit (check it out it's the same piece but apparently 14mm?). I am just going to pull the trigger on this while it's in stock and at that price! I wish they still offered those little hemp grinders. Thanks for the help everyone!:)

Top Bottom