Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
Right about to place an order for an EVO, but just wondering... Still a good buy in 2021? My current go to is the newvape (now cannabis hardware) flowerpot, does it compare? I also own an aromed 4.0, volcano, silver surfer, plenty, and a few portables. Do you guys think it will benefit my collection or maybe be overshadowed by some of them? Does anyone else have a flowerpot to compare with? Just wondering before dropping $400. Thanks!

Well, I've actually thought about buying another to have as a spare.

sweetherb

Right about to place an order for an EVO, but just wondering... Still a good buy in 2021? My current go to is the newvape (now cannabis hardware) flowerpot, does it compare? I also own an aromed 4.0, volcano, silver surfer, plenty, and a few portables. Do you guys think it will benefit my collection or maybe be overshadowed by some of them? Does anyone else have a flowerpot to compare with? Just wondering before dropping $400. Thanks!

Thanks to having a friend who owns a vape shop, I have tried pretty much every vape that has come out in the last 20 years. The Aromed 4.0 was my daily driver for over 10 years.

After getting the EVO, I sold my Aromed. The EVO is the best vape I have ever used. It will take a while to find your ideal temps (I like 10:30 on the dial for low-temp rips), but the combination of flavor and potency is where this vape really shines.

I can vape 0.1g in three big hits and this gets me more medicated than 0.2g in other vapes.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Thanks to having a friend who owns a vape shop, I have tried pretty much every vape that has come out in the last 20 years. The Aromed 4.0 was my daily driver for over 10 years.

After getting the EVO, I sold my Aromed. The EVO is the best vape I have ever used. It will take a while to find your ideal temps (I like 10:30 on the dial for low-temp rips), but the combination of flavor and potency is where this vape really shines.

I can vape 0.1g in three big hits and this gets me more medicated than 0.2g in other vapes.
Cool new’s!
Being a HIPPIE SURFER on seedless CANNABIS B-4 it was legal & long hair was a sign of anticipation rage against the social norm’s of da day?
Da EVO is CIVILIZED behavior & da flavor of da vapor is decent if one appreciate’s da finer element’s?

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

I love the EVO for taste, herbal efficiency, functionality and vapor signature. IMO it's a cannabis connoisseur's best tool/vape.

The time to temp and the whistle when drawing can be annoying but it definitely is my first choice of all my vapes when enjoying the session is my primary goal. Like enjoying a fine wine versus a shot of tequila. When I get a new strain and want to "savor" the first time experience it's EVO time. Don't get me wrong though. The EVO can also hit like a freight train but it's not the first vape I grab when I just want a quick punch in the face.

I don't recommend it for concentrates, but I know others who do. Too much work and technique for me.

Your mileage may vary.....

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I love the EVO for taste, herbal efficiency, functionality and vapor signature. IMO it's a cannabis connoisseur's best tool/vape.

The time to temp and the whistle when drawing can be annoying but it definitely is my first choice of all my vapes when enjoying the session is my primary goal. Like enjoying a fine wine versus a shot of tequila. When I get a new strain and want to "savor" the first time experience it's EVO time. Don't get me wrong though. The EVO can also hit like a freight train but it's not the first vape I grab when I just want a quick punch in the face.

I don't recommend it for concentrates, but I know others who do. Too much work and technique for me.

Your mileage may vary.....
I agree with your experience with da EVO. (4-what it’s worth?)
SWEET JANE (this song is stuck in da head that was on y shoulder’s B-4?)

okc0mputer

Thanks for the replies everyone!
Are there any cases for the EVO? I've seen some pics of one but a lot of the accessories seem to be discontinued or something since they're no longer on the web site...

Thats pretty impressive that you found it better than the Aromed. I haven't used anything that quite matched the aromed flavor, but my flowerpot is close and took over as my daily driver since its less fragile, easier to clean, etc. Can't wait to give the EVO a comparison to those two.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Thanks for the replies everyone!
Are there any cases for the EVO? I've seen some pics of one but a lot of the accessories seem to be discontinued or something since they're no longer on the web site...

Thats pretty impressive that you found it better than the Aromed. I haven't used anything that quite matched the aromed flavor, but my flowerpot is close and took over as my daily driver since its less fragile, easier to clean, etc. Can't wait to give the EVO a comparison to those two.
Let your observation’s be known 2 all about da EVO?

ataxian,

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
Just an FYI, there is a sale going on at Vapexhale. I was going to order the tube and attachments, and saw they had a sweet bubbler 45% off, and it included the hose and attachments that I needed for my existing glass piece. So in my own mind I basically paid about $65 for this.

image_1080x-jpg.9305

Attachments

• image_1080x.jpg
    image_1080x.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 352

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Been quite a while since I've stopped by. It's great to see that folks are still buying and enjoying their Evo's. And of course, ataxian is still here enlivening this thread! :wave:

My unit is still going strong - it's from the first production run and still has its Vectra housing, although Seibo did swap out the guts after ~1 yr when they did the hardware/firmware upgrades. I'm even still using an original HydraLine with it. So y'all who are still relatively new to the Evo, odds are you can look forward to years of great vaping with IMO the best desktop vape ever.

Hopefully, that is. I got the message from Seibo in late March about xhl having a new CEO/COO - Ricardo Willis - with Seibo taking the position of Chief Product Officer, which effectively is a step down. Then last week I received a LinkedIn message announcing Seibo's launch of a new solo "transformation coaching" consulting gig which he calls "Seibo Knows." I wish him all the success and I know he will go after this with his characteristic enthusiasm, but still have to say after having spent years myself doing consulting in his neighborhood, that is one helluva tall mountain to climb - and hence will demand a lot of hard work and time and risk.

So while I don't want to sow any doubts, I think it fair to wonder what these changes portend about the future of xhl and, by extension, support for the Evo itself. In Seibo's message, he acknowledges how difficult last year was for vape companies including xhl. That comment and the announced changes suggest that vhl needed a cash infusion and other help, which presumably Willis provided in exchange for the top slot. That's entirely understandable under the circumstances. However, Seibo now going down a totally unrelated and very demanding path also suggests that xhl isn't/can't be his first business concern, if it even still is at all.

I'm pretty sure that others who also have been around here the last ~10 years and worked with Seibo since the first Cloud and even before that, would agree with me that it was Seibo's tech vision and years of intensely hard work that not only made the Evo successful but has kept it viable since the start. But if he is no longer really involved with xhl, what then? For those with the "lifetime warranty" and/or are genuinely addicted to this device, this is more than an academic question. :hmm: I'm not inviting speculation, but if someone has any close-in info about what's happening, might be good to share it.

Btw, for those here belonging to the Yammer VXL Group, I would have posted this question there but the group has been silent for a year now, and as you know, we haven't seen anything there from VXL in a long while.

-- OBG

:myday::peace:

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Been quite a while since I've stopped by. It's great to see that folks are still buying and enjoying their Evo's. And of course, ataxian is still here enlivening this thread! :wave:

My unit is still going strong - it's from the first production run and still has its Vectra housing, although Seibo did swap out the guts after ~1 yr when they did the hardware/firmware upgrades. I'm even still using an original HydraLine with it. So y'all who are still relatively new to the Evo, odds are you can look forward to years of great vaping with IMO the best desktop vape ever.

Hopefully, that is. I got the message from Seibo in late March about xhl having a new CEO/COO - Ricardo Willis - with Seibo taking the position of Chief Product Officer, which effectively is a step down. Then last week I received a LinkedIn message announcing Seibo's launch of a new solo "transformation coaching" consulting gig which he calls "Seibo Knows." I wish him all the success and I know he will go after this with his characteristic enthusiasm, but still have to say after having spent years myself doing consulting in his neighborhood, that is one helluva tall mountain to climb - and hence will demand a lot of hard work and time and risk.

So while I don't want to sow any doubts, I think it fair to wonder what these changes portend about the future of xhl and, by extension, support for the Evo itself. In Seibo's message, he acknowledges how difficult last year was for vape companies including xhl. That comment and the announced changes suggest that vhl needed a cash infusion and other help, which presumably Willis provided in exchange for the top slot. That's entirely understandable under the circumstances. However, Seibo now going down a totally unrelated and very demanding path also suggests that xhl isn't/can't be his first business concern, if it even still is at all.

I'm pretty sure that others who also have been around here the last ~10 years and worked with Seibo since the first Cloud and even before that, would agree with me that it was Seibo's tech vision and years of intensely hard work that not only made the Evo successful but has kept it viable since the start. But if he is no longer really involved with xhl, what then? For those with the "lifetime warranty" and/or are genuinely addicted to this device, this is more than an academic question. :hmm: I'm not inviting speculation, but if someone has any close-in info about what's happening, might be good to share it.

Btw, for those here belonging to the Yammer VXL Group, I would have posted this question there but the group has been silent for a year now, and as you know, we haven't seen anything there from VXL in a long while.

-- OBG

I’m one 2 chase flavor with the EVO.
Desk Top’s, Nails, Portable’s and flame driven type vaporizer’s.
Whatever fit’s or work’s 4 U?

okc0mputer

While I'm waiting for the EVO to arrive I thought I'd pick up some screens. I can find the shallower basket screens that many other vaporizers use from lots of places, but these deeper ones I've only seen from VapeXhale. Is that really the only place to find these, or am I missing something? Also, any suggestions for a case? All the search results and images of a case I see online seem to be a few years old, so is there a good DIY option? I'm thinking of this: Amazon Basics Small Hard Camera Carrying Case.

-- OBG

Hey @oldiebutgoodie, I totally get your concerns - I just now am buying my first EVO, and I was questioning it simply because I had seen the email about seibo stepping down as well, and it made me question why and whether this was going to come back and be a purchase I regret in the future. RBT vapes kinda disappeared like 6 months after I got a splinter, and my Aromed has been shelved for now because they stopped selling parts in the US. I don't need another vape that I can't get parts or service for you know?

But I've already emailed vapexhale about why my order has not shipped, and I received a prompt reply with an explanation, which is all I wanted. They even gave me a coupon code for my next order. What does this mean? It means they still give a shit about customers, and are doing what they can to gain new ones, hence the recent promotions. While seibo has stepped down, he has not left completely which presumably means he still has interest in the company and the product. So in my mind there's more positive than negative at the moment, you know? What do you think?
[disclaimer: I didn't proofread this before posting so it might be poorly written]

oldiebutgoodie

While I'm waiting for the EVO to arrive I thought I'd pick up some screens. I can find the shallower basket screens that many other vaporizers use from lots of places, but these deeper ones I've only seen from VapeXhale. Is that really the only place to find these, or am I missing something? Also, any suggestions for a case? All the search results and images of a case I see online seem to be a few years old, so is there a good DIY option? I'm thinking of this: Amazon Basics Small Hard Camera Carrying Case.

Hey @oldiebutgoodie, I totally get your concerns - I just now am buying my first EVO, and I was questioning it simply because I had seen the email about seibo stepping down as well, and it made me question why and whether this was going to come back and be a purchase I regret in the future. RBT vapes kinda disappeared like 6 months after I got a splinter, and my Aromed has been shelved for now because they stopped selling parts in the US. I don't need another vape that I can't get parts or service for you know?

But I've already emailed vapexhale about why my order has not shipped, and I received a prompt reply with an explanation, which is all I wanted. They even gave me a coupon code for my next order. What does this mean? It means they still give a shit about customers, and are doing what they can to gain new ones, hence the recent promotions. While seibo has stepped down, he has not left completely which presumably means he still has interest in the company and the product. So in my mind there's more positive than negative at the moment, you know? What do you think?
[disclaimer: I didn't proofread this before posting so it might be poorly written]

Re the baskets: Yes, they are proprietary to VXL (I still haven't gotten used to that silly 'xhl') and AFAIK, only available from them in the U.S. If you substitute anything else, you will reduce your Evo's performance. When Seibo was developing the first Cloud, he successfully created the convection effect within the chamber (basket) by using a dense mesh. Effectively, when you pull, the chamber is pressurized and there is air turbulence; as long as the basket is not more than about 3/4 full and the herb is properly shredded (too bulky=no movement; too fine=clogs) your herb will undergo very even and thorough vaporization. Many users reported how their herb consumption was reduced yet with better effect. I'm still using a dozen ELB's that I got years ago, if you're gentle with them, they really last. IIRC, in the Cloud thread and maybe this thread too at the start, there was a lot of discussion about the design features.

Btw, the Evo was originally called the "Cloud Evo", i.e., the third-gen Cloud, but they decided to drop the Cloud association and market the Evo as an entirely new device, which it is not - it is essentially a better-built Cloud with a new housing, new heater with better insulation, and much better firmware. The fundamental design objectives and features are all first-gen. I still have my Cloud OG; it is a beast.

Re the case: That should work, as long as you're sure to get the size you need. I got a Nanuk 930 which has an interior of 18x13x7 and it was great; it allowed for a full-size hydratube, power cord, misc stuff. The foam cubes are critical and must be sufficiently small to enable fitting to the unconventional shapes. I think that earlier in this thread (or again, maybe the Cloud thread) there is discussion about, and pictures of, cases being used.

Re VXL: I think you're read is correct, at this time. They probably have a small revenue stream from new purchases, and a little from Support. But once someone has an Evo and an HT or two, there isn't a lot of follow-on business there for xhl and these devices thankfully do last. Seibo went all-in with the Hanu Stone, but he never got a lot of traction what with all the competition from cheap disposables/cartridges. That cost a helluva lot. And then the pandemic. The question is whether there is funding/resources to enable adding something of real new value to the product line. Otherwise, well, that's why I asked whether anyone has the skinny on what is actually happening. I'm buying some additional ELB's, just in case.

Enjoy your Evo.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

Let CANNABIS consumer’s know about the FLAVOR of the EVO?

oldiebutgoodie

Your so lucky 2 have the wife session with da EVO!
Oh so true. But it wasn't that way when I first started vaping regularly. I first used a bag system, but who wants stale taste? - she sure didn't. And then there were the whip vapes with the tubes, constant stirring, multiple pieces, etc. - I was fine with all the tinkering, but for her that was kinda a turn-off. Then I got my Cloud OG but it's weight and heat made her uncomfortable; it is, after all, quite the beast.

Then the Evo, and voila, the porridge was just right and her perceptions changed quickly. Not only because it is such a comfortable and gentle vape, but because for the first time she was getting all the full flavors and really picking up on the terpenes, too. (She is very much a food person, she has both a delicate palate and nose.) With the Evo the experience changed and since then it's been her go-to for the evening nightcap and on the occasional special evenings she really rides that Evo up into the clouds. Oh yeah. :bowdown:

This makes me sound like some infatuated adolescent, but I have to say that for us at least, enjoying high quality flowers in such a great vape, has really added to our relationship. In my OBG experience, women typically have more refined and arguably more sophisticated sensibilities. If this description fits your significant other, introduce her to your Evo - you may be pleasantly surprised, as I was. :D

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Oh so true. But it wasn't that way when I first started vaping regularly. I first used a bag system, but who wants stale taste? - she sure didn't. And then there were the whip vapes with the tubes, constant stirring, multiple pieces, etc. - I was fine with all the tinkering, but for her that was kinda a turn-off. Then I got my Cloud OG but it's weight and heat made her uncomfortable; it is, after all, quite the beast.

Then the Evo, and voila, the porridge was just right and her perceptions changed quickly. Not only because it is such a comfortable and gentle vape, but because for the first time she was getting all the full flavors and really picking up on the terpenes, too. (She is very much a food person, she has both a delicate palate and nose.) With the Evo the experience changed and since then it's been her go-to for the evening nightcap and on the occasional special evenings she really rides that Evo up into the clouds. Oh yeah. :bowdown:

This makes me sound like some infatuated adolescent, but I have to say that for us at least, enjoying high quality flowers in such a great vape, has really added to our relationship. In my OBG experience, women typically have more refined and arguably more sophisticated sensibilities. If this description fits your significant other, introduce her to your Evo - you may be pleasantly surprised, as I was. :D

My wife doesn’t partake CANNABIS with the EVO ?
SOLO cultural consumption while I read and study 2 are 4 for da hippie daze ?
Paraquate filled da sky covered in exhaust of the road.
Weed laced in seed’s?
$10 with seed 4 a LID (28 gr )
ALL IN THE FAMILY (2-daze environment)!

Top Bottom