• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

TinyMight / TM 2

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I may have misunderstood here. You’re saying that this isn’t session mode as we normally define it, i.e. the vape continues to heat the weed even when you’re not drawing?

Correct, it does not make this a session vape, it still works on demand pure convection, so if you're using session mode, there's no way to clear your hits, from vapor or heat in the device, mentally the only way I can use it is if I remove the stem or turn off the device to fully clear the vapor and heat with my inhale... Session style typically involves hybrid heating or pretty pure conduction, creating the vapor for you. With pure convection, on demand, especially glass stem-based like this, you have to be inhaling the hot air through the herbs to create the vapor, so yeah session mode is really a misnomer, should be called autofire because there is really no benefit to turning it into a session vape if that were possible, as is you can have a session at your leisure, taking hits on demand whenever you want spaced out, session vapes make me feel like I have to keep puffing on em back to back...

kiddvudu2

This is exactly why more people don't do it, there is so much variety in the type of screens you are using, and it is difficult to do it right, Delta 3D Studios used to sell an actual screen press for people to do it themselves, they might have that again available in the new year... I remember artisans would make their own basket screens and it's a whole thing, I'm fortunate to have plenty made by RBT and MistVape among others, Alan's are pretty great...
Well, in an attempt to not feel like I wasted $6 on a 50 pack of screens I took to the garage to see what I could come up with. I remember somebody saying they used a socket and also something about using the titanium stem as a form.... I used a small 2x4 scrap with a 1/2" hole in it at just the right depth, I used a 5/16" socket and a hammer to "punch" a 0.75" screen into a nice basket. Then I used the titanium stem and a 7/32" socket to form it to a perfect fit. I made 5 of them in about 10 minutes. I feel better about the $6 purchase, but will likely consider just buying a batch of pre-formed baskets at a higher price when I run out.

PXL-20221206-211640973-MP.jpg

I drilled the smaller center hole in there so I could use a nail from the bottom side to push the screen out after I punch it. It works, no blood this time, lol.

gabs021

I've asked this before too but didn't get any responses regarding the capsules. I went ahead and ordered some the other day. My order page shows it has shipped, but I didn't receive any tracking. I'll let you know what I think when I get them.

I also received some 0.75" round stainless screens today. I managed to get 3 of them shaped and installed in stems, but it was not fun - bled from 3 fingertips, lol. Also, they are thicker than the screen that came with TM2, and as a result don't bend so nicely. It seems to leave very small gaps around the edge between the stem and the screen. I'm hoping the capsules work nicely so I don't have to do much more of this shaping baskets malarkey.
thank you! please let me know what you think about the capsules

shaolinmilk

See GY's post above, the differences should be apparent anyway, as Angus is nothing like the other two, being session style with dual batteries and china mass produced (also very new) with metal chamber in the device as opposed to glass stems... TP80 has glass on glass connection, digital control, different heater, very difficult to get currently so you'd have to wait for the next drop or score one used... TM2 has the analog dial, o-ring stem connection, more readily available with its different heater etc.
Thanks a lot!

I already have the Tubo Evic from way back then. Would it be smarter for me to get the TM2 now since its readily available? I'm assuming the P80 is just an improved Tubo Evic.

I've been eyeing down the TM2 since I'm back in the vape game again after a few years off.

jbm

Correct, it does not make this a session vape, it still works on demand pure convection, so if you're using session mode, there's no way to clear your hits, from vapor or heat in the device, mentally the only way I can use it is if I remove the stem or turn off the device to fully clear the vapor and heat with my inhale... Session style typically involves hybrid heating or pretty pure conduction, creating the vapor for you. With pure convection, on demand, especially glass stem-based like this, you have to be inhaling the hot air through the herbs to create the vapor, so yeah session mode is really a misnomer, should be called autofire because there is really no benefit to turning it into a session vape if that were possible, as is you can have a session at your leisure, taking hits on demand whenever you want spaced out, session vapes make me feel like I have to keep puffing on em back to back...
So what is the behavior if you change temps? Does it heat up further and then buzz when it reaches temp?

jbm,

Notcoded419

A bunch of folks seem to like the grav upline. There were a few positive comments on the octotaster. Did that fall out of favor because of the glass screen?
I actually got one with my upline because they were only $5 but haven't used it yet. The glass screen is intriguing but 1) it doesn't have a tapered mouthpiece so it looks like it won't be much different from the stock piece and 2) without the rings of the upline or CU I worry it's going to be hot. Plus I just love the upline so much I haven't really used anything else period. I'll give it a chance though and report back!

So, I'm now at 1.5 weeks of ownership with my TM2. I bought 2 extra 18650's before receiving it. I'm actually fairly satisfied with the battery usage vs performance with TM2. A single battery usually lasts me at least 2 days, more often 3 it seems.
I got 3 extra and need them all, as I've been going through 2 a day (maybe I should cut back?). Which makes me think of the Bill Hicks joke where he asks a smoker in the crowd how much they smoke. When they say 2 packs a day he calls them a lightweight because he goes through 2 LIGHTERS a day.

GoldenBud

I already have the Tubo Evic from way back then. Would it be smarter for me to get the TM2 now since its readily available? I'm assuming the P80 is just an improved Tubo Evic.

I've been eyeing down the TM2 since I'm back in the vape game again after a few years off.
TM equals to TP80 just TP80 wastes more battery life, but brings more taste by a bit ( using at high temps, fast draw)
with TM you don't need to wait 20sec for a hit from cold, just 3-4sec
low temps... both very tasty. (slow draw)
TP80 is like the Tubo Evic but requires higher temps a bit, but brings more even extraction
the 225C with Tubo you'll need now 230C or 235C with TP

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks a lot!

Your questions about the tetra and TP80 are off topic so I will quote you in that thread, regardless I highly recommend the TM2 as my overall favorite and yes best to get if you want to order something right now and definitely different experience despite many similarities... I do use them differently in different ways, if you want to compare them more check out the comparison threads.

So what is the behavior if you change temps? Does it heat up further and then buzz when it reaches temp?

I've never used session mode that way, only for a specific upper temp extraction to turn off mid hit as I've said, I'm not sure if it will vibrate again if you increase the temperature, depending how much you increase, the original TM did not vibrate in session mode so you just had to guess anyway, but yeah if you are a raising the temp while in session mode presumably it would increase the heat of the heater a bit

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Another thing that I find helps a great deal with reducing throat irritation is drinking cold water between hits when vaping. I have a pretty good setup going right now. The TM2 set on 3, with the 18mm OGB hook. Then between almost every hit, I take a small sip of cold water. It really helps.

One of the reasons I got away from flower vaping a few years ago was all the... vaping. You need a lot less hits when using concentrate, that means a lot less huffing and puffing. No matter what, the constant breathing in of all that vapor and dry air day after day would get to me, no matter how good the setup. Now that I'm back to using some flower, I want to be easy on my throat. I still do a bunch of dabs during the week to mix it up. I also take some tincture or homemade edible at night, but that's for sleeping. I have never really taken to the edible high feeling when awake. Too groggy for me.

CloudForestWoodcraft

Insta: CloudForestWoodcraft
Accessory Maker
Well, in an attempt to not feel like I wasted $6 on a 50 pack of screens I took to the garage to see what I could come up with. I remember somebody saying they used a socket and also something about using the titanium stem as a form.... I used a small 2x4 scrap with a 1/2" hole in it at just the right depth, I used a 5/16" socket and a hammer to "punch" a 0.75" screen into a nice basket. Then I used the titanium stem and a 7/32" socket to form it to a perfect fit. I made 5 of them in about 10 minutes. I feel better about the $6 purchase, but will likely consider just buying a batch of pre-formed baskets at a higher price when I run out.

PXL-20221206-211640973-MP.jpg

I drilled the smaller center hole in there so I could use a nail from the bottom side to push the screen out after I punch it. It works, no blood this time, lol.
I’m not a clever man… but I have some wood in my shop.

Do you think I could make a basket screen former entirely out of wood?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member

I imagine anything is possible, but I don't know why that would be desirable. It would definitely add flavor and be difficult to keep clean. I would probably opt for a hemp screen first.

Is the wood to avoid a SS screen?

CloudForestWoodcraft

Insta: CloudForestWoodcraft
Accessory Maker
I imagine anything is possible, but I don't know why that would be desirable. It would definitely add flavor and be difficult to keep clean. I would probably opt for a hemp screen first.

Is the wood to avoid a SS screen?
Ah, I’m wondering about making a wooden jig to press flat SS screens into basket shapes - not making wooden screens.

kiddvudu2

Any TB owners take advantage of the funnel for loading stems? Worked pretty slick for me tonight.
PXL-20221207-021317066.jpg

I suppose if you replace the sockets with a dowel and use a wooden mallet, then yep! :cheers:

Edit: sorry for the b2b post.

Dr. G

Old Resident
TM also has a session mode, not that I use it all that much, lol. On demand is my go-to with it 99% of the time but it’s a useful feature and selling point too.

Indeed, there’s a time and place for different vapes for different situations especially portables.

Confession: I’m not bringing my TM on vacation tomorrow as I originally planned, and instead bringing something else which I just got. It’s not on par with the TM at all but it makes sense for this trip (and more stealthy where I’m going). It’s not why I recently bought it but for more flexibility with my vape roster, akin to a mutil-tool or similar, as you described. Cheers. :peace:
Exactly. OMG you did not say what you got! What did you get? Can you share? I am left in suspense! A V3Pro? That is stealthy with a tool in the cap!

Dr. G,

Zipford

I actually got one with my upline because they were only $5 but haven't used it yet. The glass screen is intriguing but 1) it doesn't have a tapered mouthpiece so it looks like it won't be much different from the stock piece and 2) without the rings of the upline or CU I worry it's going to be hot. Plus I just love the upline so much I haven't really used anything else period. I'll give it a chance though and report back!

I got 3 extra and need them all, as I've been going through 2 a day (maybe I should cut back?). Which makes me think of the Bill Hicks joke where he asks a smoker in the crowd how much they smoke. When they say 2 packs a day he calls them a lightweight because he goes through 2 LIGHTERS a day.
That's another good point I overlooked: I really prefer the tapered mouthpiece on the Upline. When I first read other people say that, I thought it sounded silly. But having used the Upline, to me the taper is more comfortable/natural feeling than a round opening like the stock MP or Octotaster.

PossumMD

Hey all, long time no speak. So, just accidentally threw my device across the room and broke the inner glass. Still works okay, but it sounds very "sandy now which I assume is cos of the broken glass. Thing is, I can't figure out how to pull out the broken glass. Do I have to disassemble it? Cos that's not something I'm gonna be cool with...

Edit: have found the glass sleeve on the website, but the instructions there have left me more confused than when I started...

Last edited:

HaroldHood

Hey all, long time no speak. So, just accidentally threw my device across the room and broke the inner glass. Still works okay, but it sounds very "sandy now which I assume is cos of the broken glass. Thing is, I can't figure out how to pull out the broken glass. Do I have to disassemble it? Cos that's not something I'm gonna be cool with...

Edit: have found the glass sleeve on the website, but the instructions there have left me more confused than when I started...
The top plate has to come off to remove the glass liner. If you have the OG, you just need to remove the bottom screw. If you have TM2 there is a second screw that is accessed from under the bottom cover. This second screw attaches the top plate to the wooden body. I don't have the TM2 so can't be more specific.

PossumMD

The top plate has to come off to remove the glass liner. If you have the OG, you just need to remove the bottom screw. If you have TM2 there is a second screw that is accessed from under the bottom cover. I don't have the TM2 so can't be more specific.
Well, I have both, but this is a tm2 that's damaged. Is there an illustrated guide anywhere? Cos that would alleviate some of my angst about it all.

PossumMD,

GoldenBud

use this guide to disassemble. but tape it, so the board's vibration won't be lost or so.. edit :: TM2 idk...

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Adobewan
Top Bottom