TinyMight / TM 2

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
Well, I have both, but this is a tm2 that's damaged. Is there an illustrated guide anywhere? Cos that would alleviate some of my angst about it all.

I understand the process to be this;

- Take the bottom long screw out,

- Take the bottom plate off,

- There’s a hole that leads up to the top plate, you need a long thin screwdriver to reach into there and unscrew the top plates hold on the ground wire.

- If you don’t do this and pull the top plate off first, you will mechanically short the heating element from the bottom chip board causing the unit to break.

In the description on the parts page:
"Sometimes a drop can break this glass. It can be replaced easily by opening the back end big screw with a Torx T20 screwdriver and removing the bottom panel. Then there is another hole inside after removing the bottom panel, under the long screw hole is another hole. Place a screwdriver Torx T20 and push it deep until it reaches the inside of the top panel, and unscrew the screw there until you are sure it is loose, probably some 15 full rotations needed. Now you can remove the top panel, and replace the broken glass lining. When putting back, it is important to tighten again first the internal screw, and then the long screw very tight."

No video that I know of yet, unfortunately. Good luck!

GoldenBud

TM @ 9, Edstnt WPA, wooden bowl definately works better for me...
1670426323607.jpg

gangababa

The top plate has to come off to remove the glass liner. If you have the OG, you just need to remove the bottom screw. If you have TM2 there is a second screw that is accessed from under the bottom cover. This second screw attaches the top plate to the wooden body. I don't have the TM2 so can't be more specific.

In the description on the parts page:
"Sometimes a drop can break this glass. It can be replaced easily by opening the back end big screw with a Torx T20 screwdriver and removing the bottom panel. Then there is another hole inside after removing the bottom panel, under the long screw hole is another hole. Place a screwdriver Torx T20 and push it deep until it reaches the inside of the top panel, and unscrew the screw there until you are sure it is loose, probably some 15 full rotations needed. Now you can remove the top panel, and replace the broken glass lining. When putting back, it is important to tighten again first the internal screw, and then the long screw very tight."

This is very important:
The recessed screw doesn't fasten the top-plate to the body.
The recessed screw fastens the top plate to a separate metal piece. The power-strap from the heater to the top-plate is sandwiched between the two metal pieces to create a secure electrical contact, fixing the older models' electrical circuit problem.
If the screw is not loosened before attempting to separate the top-plate, damage to the heater could occur, as the power strap is stretched.
When reassembling, the heater strap must be re-positioned, sandwiched between the metal plates, as the top-plate is fitted, and securely tightened to secure the power circuit.

Hopefully the picture will help illustrate this detail. Note the shape of the clamping plate, designed to fit the glass shape.
More pictures at imgbb.
The last picture there illustrates the heater damage that will occur if the recessed screw and hidden clamping plate are not properly loosened.

45-F3-C566-BD47-4515-BFF5-DA152-B5-BB654.jpg

Last edited:

Momor

So what is the behavior if you change temps? Does it heat up further and then buzz when it reaches temp?
I'm not sure if it will vibrate again if you increase the temperature, depending how much you increase
I just tried and it seems that TM2 vibrates once it reaches the temp you set when turning on session mode but there is no more vibrations when you change temps while still in session mode after that

Zipford

Can anybody confirm or deny if TM sends out tracking info for accessory-only orders?
I always have gotten tracking from Deutsche Post for accessory orders -- bear in mind accessories ship slower than the devices, so it'll probably take a few weeks if you're in the US, and DP only delivers to your local USPS, which will then get it to your doorstep

Zipford,
Reactions: BigJr48

kiddvudu2

They did to me one week ago. EU shipping.

I always have gotten tracking from Deutsche Post for accessory orders -- bear in mind accessories ship slower than the devices, so it'll probably take a few weeks if you're in the US, and DP only delivers to your local USPS, which will then get it to your doorstep
I did get an email earlier today with tracking from their end. It seems that the number is working for my end too, but I think it's between countries at the moment. Thanks!

kiddvudu2,
Reactions: BigJr48

aeth

I am a medical user.

The TM2 is such a great device. I've been able to find a 'flow' through the day to manage symptoms. Through the day I use my Ti stem and add the cooling units to it. I use the units to make a micro-dose bowl. I sip on a bowl for several hours, sometimes 1-3 strong hits that completely extracts the herb. In the evening, I transition to the TM WPA and fire up my water piece. I take a single, good long hit and relax for an 30 mins or so and hit it through the evening. Sometimes I may crank it up to 9 and rush a bowl to push me to sleep. This 'system' allows me to control dosage and results in a very pleasant experience. The wood on the device, the tactile buttons and the quality of all the pieces indicate to me a very thoughtfully designed vape.

I would say coming from the Mighty+, and a few others in my short history as a patient, the TM2 can really adapt to life and is my primary vape at this point given the fact that I really feel I can fine-tune the experience at any point. It's impressive to me. As a unit that I prefer to use solo, I think this is the ideal solo vape which will pump out a predictable experience over and over.

The only con is it chews through batteries but that's expected with this heater.

In contrast, I will say I rather enjoy the way the Mighty+ delivers it's session-use overall, as an experience. It's truly just a set it, and forget it device, which is what I like to do in a session and I feel the Mighty+ has not budged really for me in this respect. I've found I was surprised by this. But that's okay :)

TLDR; TM2 is fuckin' gooood. I keep finding vapes and they are all just so good and really puts into perspective how each vape is really just so different. It's no wonder "VAS" is a thing ;)

Also props to VGoodieZ for a fantastic experience 👍

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
In contrast, I will say I rather enjoy the way the Mighty+ delivers it's session-use overall, as an experience.

A great reason to own top shelf devices in both CONVECTION and CONDUCTION styles.

I’ve been experimenting with the challenge of trying to make a relatively inexpensive device get close to the performance of the higher end ones. The Roffu when setup with the right accessories is the only device I own that I’d consider a true HYBRID, I can go from tiny nugget roasting, to temperature stepping with pods. Close in performance with my TM-1, Mighty OG, and Davinci IQ2. But that’s a different thread….

oneness

has anybody tried putting the stem with the CU in the freezer before using it? I can imagine getting a really cool vapor out of it. stainless steel can store cold really well...

oneness,

Likun

hello, I would like to buy a grav upline taster, but I don't know where to get it.
i am in europe
they are either sold out or from overseas and do not ship to Europe.
do you have a tip?
dik d
Laventralvapeur from France has two of them:

I'm also considering getting one but not sure if it's worth it.

oneness

unfortunately the grav upline taster is sold out there

CloudForestWoodcraft

Insta: CloudForestWoodcraft
Accessory Maker

I enjoy the Grav Taster (your first link), but for me, one of its major selling points is that it’s cheap to buy/replace - only $10-15 here in the US.

If you end up having to pay much more than that ($20+) it would almost make more sense to spend the money on a custom/artisan stem.

GoGlass

Guys be careful to not drop your TM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a TM2 that has fallen on the floor and the glass lining inside is broken.

I ordered another one but when dissasembling the TM2 , i realized that there was a second glass tube under the glass lining that is longer, and which was broken also ☹️. This tube doesnt exist on the Tinymight website.
I am in contact with the manufacturer and i think i will have to send my TM2 back....

Also be careful when disassembling your TM2, it's different than the TM1, and i have now some little pieces that I don't know hot to reassemble them correctly 😰....

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Guys be careful to not drop your TM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a TM2 that has fallen on the floor and the glass lining inside is broken.

I ordered another one but when dissasembling the TM2 , i realized that there was a second glass tube under the glass lining that is longer, and which was broken also ☹️. This tube doesnt exist on the Tinymight website.
I am in contact with the manufacturer and i think i will have to send my TM2 back....

Also be careful when disassembling your TM2, it's different than the TM1, and i have now some little pieces that I don't know hot to reassemble them correctly 😰....

Sorry for your loss, it has been mentioned here many times since the original TM that there is a second glass chimney inside around the heater that is not really user replaceable... It has also been mentioned many times that the TM2 is different enough from the original TM and that should be noted if anyone is attempting disassembly to not be using the wrong guide... Good luck getting it all sorted out quickly though!

GoGlass

Did you drop it on carpet or hard floor?
On hard floor !

It would be best if someone made a video tutorial to change the glass lining, because the procedure explained on the Tinymight website seems simple, but when you actually do it, there is a big risk that of a lot of small parts coming out of their housing ...And since we don't know how they were originally placed........😢😢

The best is to NOT drop your TM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom