TinyMight / TM 2

EarthworldTim

I don't think you'd have a problem with pearls and rubies as I don't think they expand that much. I'm using titanium balls and what I've done is take the bolt out of the unit, slide one up toward the mouthpiece end, pour the balls in, then put the second one in. The only hassle is that the loose balls can spill when taking it apart for cleaning so it's best done over a bowl or a towel.
That's a good idea I just don't have enough pearls to fill any portion of a stem currently so I'm just experimenting with the CU. Just now I emptied the nuts and washers except for one nut and then I put some 3mm zirconia and then four 4mm pearls to hold the zirconia and put it back together. Little more restriction on the draw but I'll test it for real later this evening after work.

EarthworldTim,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Shit Snacks do you use the sidecar on left or right for your J-hook? and do you prefer 18mm or 14mm? I tried to find this and couldnt so apologies if already asked and answered

Mine has the bend and mouthpiece on the right, I think I would have preferred it on the left actually, but didn't think of it before ordering at the time, have no complaints, still able to hold together with my TM in one hand in either hand, although more comfortable in my right hand... Mine is also 18 mm, because at the time that is all the WPA had, and still mostly what I use, backwards RBT stems, but I also have a 14 mm WPA now too (originally OGB sent me 14 mm hook accidentally so I still have that one but it also had a flared trumpet mouthpiece that I absolutely hate and so my roommate uses it with the fiece) my hook uses 12 mm tubing for the right angle pathway instead of the standard 15 mm on the website now, but the pinched him flat mouthpiece I have is a standard. 18 gives you slightly larger bowl for me with my WPAs and a little more airflow, 14 very even extraction, I don't use any that have the glass honeycomb screen though, I have the multi WPA from TM and I hardly use it (just the occasional whole nugs or chunky grind often dry anyway)

I’m waiting until a Blue Mahoe body is available…that should cure VAS for a while.

Haha yeah, if you are patient, and can wait maybe forever, blue mahoe is actually a pretty rare wood, I doubt they will be able to source it to ever offer the TM in that, sorry dude (fortunately I was able to collect some of my own finally thanks to cloud connoisseur and fearandlawyering...

Has anyone emptied out the washers and nuts from the cooling unit and replaced them with rubies? I can get some 4mm pearls in there but it's a snug fit when I put it back together. Not sure how much expansion I'd be dealing with, probably not much?

Many people have done this, I don't think there is any expansion at all with rubies, nor with quartz or glass in this application, but I think people who have swapped out have also used steel pearls in particular... Try to use the search feature?

Do you mind reposting pics? I’ve not seen any variants but walnut. What other species are expected to be available?

Go to the TM Instagram, they posted the earliest pics there, which showed walnut and the original oak (seemingly) along with a third reddish wood that has been said to be purple heart (unconfirmed) and there has been no specificity about future exotic species offered, or when that will be a reality (or how much more money it will cost)

I just ordered Samsung 25R 18650 2500mAh 20A Battery along with a Nitecore D4 - 4 Bay Digital Battery Charger from the 18650 battery store. From what I can read, they appeared to be the closest match to the specs I could find.

Good call or no?

Thanks in advance,

Ty

Those batteries are fine, a bare minimum, but they don't have the extra amps of the Molicell so they will not perform quite as good, probably less bowls and less consistency

EarthworldTim

I just ordered Samsung 25R 18650 2500mAh 20A Battery along with a Nitecore D4 - 4 Bay Digital Battery Charger from the 18650 battery store. From what I can read, they appeared to be the closest match to the specs I could find.

Good call or no?

Thanks in advance,

Ty
I like my 2 bay Nitecore and from what I've read it's one of the most trustworthy brands for chargers.

Many people have done this, I don't think there is any expansion at all with rubies, nor with quartz or glass in this application, but I think people who have swapped out have also used steel pearls in particular... Try to use the search feature?
Yeah sorry I tried and looked through some but didn't see anything specifically about adding material to the CU. I actually think it won't make a noticable difference I'm just tinkering.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
The TM2 is👌with the dhgate hooks and the large inline. A bit more open than the og, which is nice. I keep forgetting it has its own poker tool now

CIVILIZED
PXL-20220914-171610625.jpg

After a soapy hot water wash, I gave all appropriate parts an iso soak & then wiped them over with tissue & cotton buds. At one point, I noticed there was a small amount of grey residue on the tissue although I'm not entirely sure which part it came from. Also, when I was finished I could see the used cotton buds were faintly tinged grey when compared to an unused bud, but I was looking very closely. I also feel there was a slight smell with the initial burn-off, which has now mostly dissipated & I could see nothing visible burning-off when it was viewed under a lamp. Overall, I am happy with the out-of-the-box condition, but I will always carry out my own cleaning routine before using a vape - if nothing else, I find it's a good way to get to know all the parts, how it goes together and maybe gain a better understanding of how it works before I use it.

FWIW mine came with the larger o-ring on the top section of the cu, & the smaller o-ring on the bottom section.

And finally, a little bit of sunshine to help highlight that lovely grain:

TM2-Walnut-Grain.jpg

:peace:
Thank you for your reply, it makes sense and I’ve corrected the order of the O-rings.

CaptBongRipper

Life goes on, man...
Mine has the bend and mouthpiece on the right, I think I would have preferred it on the left actually, but didn't think of it before ordering at the time, have no complaints, still able to hold together with my TM in one hand in either hand, although more comfortable in my right hand... Mine is also 18 mm, because at the time that is all the WPA had, and still mostly what I use, backwards RBT stems, but I also have a 14 mm WPA now too (originally OGB sent me 14 mm hook accidentally so I still have that one but it also had a flared trumpet mouthpiece that I absolutely hate and so my roommate uses it with the fiece) my hook uses 12 mm tubing for the right angle pathway instead of the standard 15 mm on the website now, but the pinched him flat mouthpiece I have is a standard. 18 gives you slightly larger bowl for me with my WPAs and a little more airflow, 14 very even extraction, I don't use any that have the glass honeycomb screen though, I have the multi WPA from TM and I hardly use it (just the occasional whole nugs or chunky grind often dry anyway)

Haha yeah, if you are patient, and can wait maybe forever, blue mahoe is actually a pretty rare wood, I doubt they will be able to source it to ever offer the TM in that, sorry dude (fortunately I was able to collect some of my own finally thanks to cloud connoisseur and fearandlawyering...

Go to the TM Instagram, they posted the earliest pics there, which showed walnut and the original oak (seemingly) along with a third reddish wood that has been said to be purple heart (unconfirmed) and there has been no specificity about future exotic species offered, or when that will be a reality (or how much more money it will cost)

Those batteries are fine, a bare minimum, but they don't have the extra amps of the Molicell so they will not perform quite as good, probably less bowls and less consistency
By any chance, do you have a link to that model? I might be able to change my order...

CaptBongRipper,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
By any chance, do you have a link to that model? I might be able to change my order...

Sorry, as I said mine was a custom order, I'm not sure exactly what you mean... I think he offers the sidecar hook in either orientation now on the website, but I think they are both 15 mm tubing, he may offer the 14 mm and 18 mm size now on the website? I'm not sure about the updates, but all you have to do is email him with any requests to customize, or put in the notes when you order... I'm sure it's fine as it is though too

CaptBongRipper

Life goes on, man...
Sorry, as I said mine was a custom order, I'm not sure exactly what you mean... I think he offers the sidecar hook in either orientation now on the website, but I think they are both 15 mm tubing, he may offer the 14 mm and 18 mm size now on the website? I'm not sure about the updates, but all you have to do is email him with any requests to customize, or put in the notes when you order... I'm sure it's fine as it is though too
I meant on the Molicel 18650 battery, sorry.

excuse me, I just wanted to tell those who haven't cleaned the TM before using it, that if you think about how badly we got hurt with burnt tobacco or with joints made with paper and tobacco, they are nothing compared to not having cleaned it before or minimal residues possibly present, so there is no need to worry, maybe it is to be taken into consideration for the next times, or to clean it better now if not done before, the thing that I have always amazed is why it is never said by the producers or by almost no site that sells them, they should warn, the truth is that you never stop learning, and often you learn from your mistakes, but even for this there is the "forum" at least some mistakes are avoided. ps I hope that the translator does his duty this time.

focalforlife

So I just went to the TM website to place an order because I saw folks saying you could just place the order even though it says out of stock and it won't let me place the order. Anyone else tried?

focalforlife,
Top Bottom