TinyMight / TM 2

scooterboy

Muppet, not moped.
The most obvious difference between the two, however, is that the newer TM gets much hotter at lower temps. On the older TM I can get solid clouds at 7, and I increase the temp to 8 to finish off the bowl. On the new TM I am getting huge clouds at 6. So much that I'm actually starting at temp 5 on the newer TM.
This is proof positive that different units can vary in how hot they get at the same setting on the temp dial. I'm assuming all other variables (draw speed, strain, packing, etc) were the same. Thank you for confirming that!

You don't find the basket screen catches when you pull it out, or did you grind the edge of it down a bit? What is it about the Grav Labs stem that you like so much? The taper on the mouthpiece is my favorite part, it's much more comfortable to my lips.
No, I don't have any issues at all. I originally bought them about a year ago for my Sticky Brick OG and just sitting in my drawer. I forgot to mention that I make a cup out of the filter as I slide it with the stem. I use my handy wooden stem from my Woodscents to do that. It doesn't always cooperate, but I get it after a few tries.

I think the GRAV stems almost make it fool proof. I like it much better than the stem and cooling piece that comes with the TM. Gets less hot and get more taste. I do like the tapered mouthpiece. Creates more of a suction.

alleyhoops,

SquirrelMaster

No, I don't have any issues at all. I originally bought them about a year ago for my Sticky Brick OG and just sitting in my drawer. I forgot to mention that I make a cup out of the filter as I slide it with the stem. I use my handy wooden stem from my Woodscents to do that. It doesn't always cooperate, but I get it after a few tries.

I think the GRAV stems almost make it fool proof. I like it much better than the stem and cooling piece that comes with the TM. Gets less hot and get more taste. I do like the tapered mouthpiece. Creates more of a suction.

You make a cup out of the filter? You lost me, not that it's hard sometimes 😂. Post a pic if you can so I can understand better. I'm going to go grab my Tinymight and Grav Lab stem right now in anticipation 😊.

crownroyaldaddy

well, i placed an order for a Tinymight, long + short stem, and some beeswax early last week!

i am in the midst of a tolerance break (6/1-7/1) and looking to f combustion when the break ends. I have been smoking heavily lately and all of my expensive vapes have been collecting dust. cant wait to try this!

Guest399

My older TM does not have the option to re-calibrate the temperature. I got the instructions for doing this from the manufacturer, but they don't work on the older TM.

can you tell us the instruction to calibrate which you got from the manufacturer
not that I want to change something, I only ask out of interest.

Guest399,
Reactions: Cheebsy

LabPong

This is proof positive that different units can vary in how hot they get at the same setting on the temp dial. I'm assuming all other variables (draw speed, strain, packing, etc) were the same. Thank you for confirming that!

Have you considered the electrical circuit and its resistance variables between a specific amount of test vapes?

LabPong,

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
looking to f combustion when the break ends
all of my expensive vapes have been collecting dust.
Good luck to you with your journey, finding the right vape can take a while and some money 💰 I'm like 95 percent smoke free, only when I'm away from my place and I'm hoping that the tinymight scratches that final itch. Edited 🤗 my bad

Last edited:

caliganja420

I placed my order yesterday. I’ve been following this thread very closely and have waited 8 months to make my decision. I’ve been using my Mighty daily and have been on the search for a portable vaporizer that can beat it in terms of ease of use and massive performance. The TinyMight looks like the perfect runner up, hope it lives up to its name. I’ve owned a Tetra p80 but that didint really do it for me, the 18mm joint was very difficult to pack, weed would always fall out into the heater, also I could never get a full extraction with it, always hotspotted in the middle.

SquirrelMaster

I had a few nice bowls with my Grav Labs stems today. I've come to the conclusion that the shape of the mouthpiece on this stem is the most comfortable mouthpiece of any of my stems/devices. Now that's not to say it's my favorite stem, it can actually get quite hot if I'm powering through a session. If it could fit a cooling unit it would be a match made in heaven!

SquirrelMaster,

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Comfortable mouthpiece?
IMG-20200422-210431.jpg
IMG-20200422-204656.jpg

:whip:

scooterboy

Muppet, not moped.
Have you considered the electrical circuit and its resistance variables between a specific amount of test vapes?
Those are the kinds of variables that would make each unit a bit different on the temp dial, which is the point I was trying to make. The variables I was referring to above were external variables.

scooterboy,

LabPong

Those are the kinds of variables that would make each unit a bit different on the temp dial, which is the point I was trying to make. The variables I was referring to above were external variables.

But you are not then considering the biggest determiners of heat difference between units. If you could calibrate the temp pod adjuster and the external graphic for heat settings....that might shed even more light that the circuit resistance or other possible reasons for the temp settings from unit to unit. That's basically my holistic look/point at it. 😉

But after reading your wording again....I do not know what variables you are considering to be "external". ?

LabPong,

doubledown

Received the TM a few days ago. Really happy and impressed with it. Will experiment with some dosing caps but works great in its native form. Also wanted to shout out to the maker. Had a couple quick questions and was not finding the answers. Sent an email and had a well thought out reply within a couple hours. Love when great products and great CS come in the same package.
In case the info helps anyone else...
1) Sometimes when the TM is off and I push the button a single time, the unit vibrates. Is this normal?
“It is perfectly normal. It just basically gives a signal that it's alive and listening to button presses but unless you make 3 clicks quickly it won't turn on. I think the idea with this feature was to give some feedback even if the user wasn't yet able to do the proper triple click, as otherwise it might seem like the unit was dead.”

2) Is there any way to turn off the led light?
”LEDS can be turned off in the instructions it's written how to take vibrations away. well, just repeat this and on second time the LEDS go away. Battery lid opening will reset this setting back to normal.”

scooterboy

Muppet, not moped.
But you are not then considering the biggest determiners of heat difference between units. If you could calibrate the temp pod adjuster and the external graphic for heat settings....that might shed even more light that the circuit resistance or other possible reasons for the temp settings from unit to unit. That's basically my holistic look/point at it. 😉

But after reading your wording again....I do not know what variables you are considering to be "external". ?
My goal is not to determine the exact reasons for different performances between units. I'm merely trying to verify that TM units can differ from each other by quite a lot regarding the temp dial setting versus actual temp, with the difference being due to internal/inherent components or properties (like the ones you mentioned: the electrical circuit, resistance variables, etc). I was trying to rule out the "external" variables that we all bring to the table: strains, packing, draw speed, distance from load to heater, etc.

Probably an exercise in futility. Disregard if desired. :)

scooterboy,
Reactions: LabPong

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I'm merely trying to verify that TM units can differ from each other by quite a lot regarding the temp dial setting versus actual temp [...]

I absolutely get your point, but I wouldn't jump to conclusions before I was able to compare two units by myself (instead of comparing usage anecdotes). The draw alone can make a huge difference, and that's just one external factor of at least four. Resistance differences within the unit seem very unlikely to me and would rather point to sloppy manufacturing than to normal variations. The quote you are referring to indeed mentions two units behaving differently, but that could be an accidental miscallibration and is still after all an anecdote. My point is: I think the TMs performance is pretty much the same for all units. Wouldn't make sense to make a device go hotter than almost combustion, would it? On my TM 10 seems to be the red line.

caliganja420

I can’t dispute your experience so I’m going to have to assume there was something seriously amiss with either your P80 or your technique :thinker:

absolutely nothing wrong with my technique, I have owned 4 Tubo evics and have had a very close relationship with Ralph. I've put a lot of use on my Tubos and tried nearly every stem option (bent stem, short stem, WPA, capsule stem, etc..). When I received my Tetra it was %90 similar to my Tubo evic , and had the same 18mm joint which is a pain in the ass to pack unless you have a capsule stem (which costs $28 alone plus $11 for the glass insert, quite pricey). I will admit I had a much better experience with the capsule stem, because of added conduction. Another issue I had was trying to vape at work wasn’t as discreet. Battery life was very very bad... my Tetra was perfectly functioning, absolutely nothing wrong with it. I will probably be getting another Tetra just to use strictly with the capsule stem, unless the TM suffices

Same here...
Tinymight wins easy

:rockon::peace:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
My goal is not to determine the exact reasons for different performances between units. I'm merely trying to verify that TM units can differ from each other by quite a lot regarding the temp dial setting versus actual temp, with the difference being due to internal/inherent components or properties (like the ones you mentioned: the electrical circuit, resistance variables, etc). I was trying to rule out the "external" variables that we all bring to the table: strains, packing, draw speed, distance from load to heater, etc.

Probably an exercise in futility. Disregard if desired. :)

Yeah I don't think you can ever rule out those "external" variables, how could you possibly?

scooterboy

Muppet, not moped.
Yeah I don't think you can ever rule out those "external" variables, how could you possibly?
By assuming that the person who is comparing the two units is using each of them them the exact same way - strain, draw speed, packing, etc.

Yes, I know it won't be used exactly the same for each unit (the user is only human), but it would be close. That was my original point - until that post, I hadn't read of someone who had two units that differed in the temp dial calibration so much. Since the same person owned both units, they could (relatively) eliminate the "different people vape in different ways" variable. We hadn't had that opportunity before, to my knowledge.

Again - if you think my observation isn't of any use, please disregard.

mc

You make a cup out of the filter? You lost me, not that it's hard sometimes 😂. Post a pic if you can so I can understand better. I'm going to go grab my Tinymight and Grav Lab stem right now in anticipation 😊.
I cut the extra metal rim off my dosing cups so that the screen fits right int onto the stem. Then I use the colling unit to hold the extra screen.

By using the same cut flower in both units? Seems fairly simple.

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Since the same person owned both units, they could (relatively) eliminate the "different people vape in different ways" variable.

Then comes the miscallibration variable (for example). I don't think your database allows to assume variances in performance behavior of the TM in general.

Siebter,
Top Bottom