TinyMight / TM 2

Faolan

Mighty, Air1.5/Max/Go, Tinymight, Dynavap, Fury2
Just got mine! 2 bong rips in.. HUGE rips at 6

Anyone else’s Tinymight vibrate rapidly, LED turns off when holding the fire button down?

Wolf,

eliaz

My tinymight finally arrived, I am still doing the initial charge.
I want to get an extra battery and charger to rotate. Can someone link me to a trust worthy site and tell me exactly which battery I should buy? I am confused by the brands and models I should use.

eliaz,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Just got mine! 2 bong rips in.. HUGE rips at 6

Anyone else’s Tinymight vibrate rapidly, LED turns off when holding the fire button down?

That's when the battery is dead, if you used it without charging the battery first, that makes sense! it doesn't arrive charge, it's a fresh new battery so you actually shouldn't really use it right away, needs to be charged for a few hours at least (otherwise could hurt cell longevity but not a big deal)

My tinymight finally arrived, I am still doing the initial charge.
I want to get an extra battery and charger to rotate. Can someone link me to a trust worthy site and tell me exactly which battery I should buy? I am confused by the brands and models I should use.

Lionwarehouse, ilumn.com, imr.com are a few popular safe options. Nitecore D2 or similar charger with LG HE4 / HG2 or Samsung 25R / 30Q or the Sonys are more $$ I think it comes with VTC6?

hazeyp000

Just got mine in the mail today. Very cool little device. I soaked the cooling unit in iso and did a burn off at 10 for a little to get rid of any funk. I did undo one of the cooling units by accident and now the draw on that one is funny. But so far it is very cool. I got the water pipe adaptor too but will have to experiment with that later on

PPN

Volute of Vapor
LG HE4 / HG2 or Samsung 25R / 30Q or the Sonys are more $$ I think it comes with VTC6?
Yes it comes with a VTC6... I noticed it drains the battery very hard, it was 3.20v and I still got one buzz battery level. Although I tried a fully charged but old VTC4 and device didn't even power on... will try later the 25R later but I think I'll get the same issue than for the VTC4...

TopGreenRep,
Reactions: Faolan

Faolan

Mighty, Air1.5/Max/Go, Tinymight, Dynavap, Fury2
Yes it comes with a VTC6... I noticed it drains the battery very hard, it was 3.20v and I still got one buzz battery level. Although I tried a fully charged but old VTC4 and device didn't even power on... will try later the 25R later but I think I'll get the same issue than for the VTC4...
Tried one of the Panasonic batteries from the arGo and had similar results. Would shut off 5-7 seconds into the draw even fully charged.

my tinymight doesn’t seem to vape evenly. I’ll get some really dark avb then green right beside it.A few stems did put me into a thc-coma though. Going to play with this all weekend

edit: I was packing too tight

Last edited:

mar10

Has their been shipping problems recently with ordering one? I had to wait a loooong time for my last purchase from Canada, took about a month to get here because of the virus. Is there any extended shipping times at the moment other than the initial 4 week pre-order window?

mario,

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I have 2 new hg2 to compare the stock vtc6 to. There isn't very much between them, but the vtc6 lasts longer as the charge drops I think. Since I paid more for the hg2s than vapefiend self the vtc6 for, I'll be getting a few more from George for those extended away from charger needs.

Cheebsy,
Reactions: Summer

LabPong

Tried one of the Panasonic batteries from the arGo and had similar results. Would shut off 5-7 seconds into the draw even fully charged.

my tinymight doesn’t seem to vape evenly. I’ll get some really dark avb then green right beside it.A few stems did put me into a thc-coma though. Going to play with this all weekend

edit: I was packing too tight

This vape will separate the powerful cells from the wimpy ones quite easily as you are finding out. Yep....I found the same with the Panasonic cells the Arizers use....just not enough amperage fro the high draw the TM commands.

You really need a cell that has 20amp max discharge....some of the 15amp ones will work...like the LG H2's. I would suggest sticking to the Sony VTC6 or LG H2, HDL cells.

I have ordered a couple Sony VTC5D's.....they should work well like the VTC6's. I will report when I get them next week.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
My Tinymight arrived yesterday and my first impressions are very positive. I put a screen in front of the cooling unit and used another screen to make a WPA from a short Splinter stem.
IMG_20200605_141221_1.jpg

I've used it with the stock stem, a J-hook, and a D020-D and the results have been great. Extraction is quick and easy and the dial is an effective and straightforward regulator. Session and on demand mode are both easy and effective and my results have been very consistent with good flavor and vapor quality as well as even abv.

My criticisms so far are the rough sanding job on the unvarnished solid oak body (I've heard oak is tricky but it needn't feel this rough and uneven) and the understandably challenged battery life. The latter was something I expected to be an issue since the tidy design only allows a single 18650. I used a fully charged LG HG2 while the included Sony cell was charging and when I switched them out later my charger said the HG2 was at 2.7, which is way lower then I take my Splinter batteries. Maybe the initial session mode attempts were aggressively draining the battery but my hope would be for the power up buzzes to warn me before the cell is that depleted. I also don't like the threaded battery door which fits the body design well but is more annoying than a latched door for changing the battery.

IMG_20200605_141204.jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20200606105256133.jpg
I've used the Tinymight from 4 to 8 so far and I've been delighted by the quick heatup, consistent clouds, and easy extraction. Like I said, my Tinymight only arrived yesterday but it's made an excellent first impression. Thanks to @Easywider, @YaMon, and @Shit Snacks for the encouragement. And of course thanks to Ville for such an impressive and versatile portable.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah Samsung 25R and LG HE4 are 20A, while HG2 are actually 18A and 30Q are as well (theyre under/over rated) so I do think HE4 are a bit more consistent than my HG2 though they have less mAh, I've seen all sorts of behavior with these old cells... Yeah you only get the buzzes for battery level when you turn it on, it will not warn you in the middle unless you are keeping track of hits/bowls, more recently I have been having them die on me in the middle of the hit since I am not being attentive to that anymore. Honestly sometimes I have had that happen with a HG2 when it was not even low, but typically it happens around 3.5v though I have seen it lower and higher as well... Anyway there are a lot of strategies for maximizing battery life, like good cells and consistent bowls!

@bossman toldja :D we listed the technique to make the battery door simple-to-use in this thread btw (press down as you turn and it loosens right up, no need to screw it all the way down either)

Last edited:

eliaz

I have 2 new hg2 to compare the stock vtc6 to. There isn't very much between them, but the vtc6 lasts longer as the charge drops I think. Since I paid more for the hg2s than vapefiend self the vtc6 for, I'll be getting a few more from George for those extended away from charger needs.

Hey, can you show me where you are ordering the VTC6 from? I looked in lionwholesale and they are sold out the other two sites that were suggested above don't cary these batteries.

eliaz,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
@bossman toldja :D we listed the technique to make the battery door simple-to-use in this thread btw (press down as you turn and it loosens right up, no need to screw it all the way down either)
Yeah I'm familiar and don't worry: I haven't been using a coin or anything. It's just tedious for a quick battery swap compared to a well-made hinged battery cover.

One other thing I noticed yesterday while enjoying my maiden voyage with the Tinymight was that the triple click for on off has to be surprisingly quick. I'm not complaining but I'd be surprised if it's not too short a window for some to manage.

In general I'm impressed by the minimal interface of just one button and some buzzing. I only glanced at the wooden coaster of instructions and I've found the user experience to be quite pleasant and intuitive.

Also: is it just me or does the Tinymight smell like seaweed salad from a sushi restaurant?

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I remember an issue of smell from an early wood box that the ModPod maker had. Turns out it was LINSEED oil. He immediately stopped using it. Just a thought ....

badbee

Oak is known for it's slightly "pickley" or "vinegary" smell when it's freshly worked. That may be experienced as a "fishy" smell by some maybe? If that's what you are smelling it will go away naturally as the wood ages.

Woodsmithgm

Does anyone worry about the battery when the unit is hot. After two bowls I noticed the unit ia very hot used a laser thermometer and said 120 on the outaide of the unit. So I took the battery out cause its enclosed right next to the heater and it got me worried. Is this normal?

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Top Bottom