TinyMight / TM 2

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
@RustyOldNail – No, the TM is fully regulated and does indeed cut off at ~3.2V.

I'm sure the buzzes are somewhat related to voltage levels, but I personally don't see many devices indicating or showing charges in a very linear way. My e cig mods for example will typically show 100% charge for a new battery for at least 5 or 10 puffs, while dropping quickly once the charge is below ~15%. Doesn't quite make sense, but good enough to work with. Some chips like the diCodes or DNAs might be a bit more accurate, but those are high end and pricey.

Sorry @TommyDee , this answer above is the WINNER! :)

I’ve owned a lot of mods, and settling on the DNA’s for their accuracy. As you probably know a lithium ion battery will quickly drop from the off the charger voltage at 4.2v, but at about 4.0-3.9v, will level off and stay at a consistent level for longer then most other portable batteries. There performance is helped with a good regulated chipset, though the DNA would make a TM more expensive. Back to my original theory, these 18650’s are being driven as hard as they can be, good to rotate a large amount. Also, remember lithium batteries have an advertised LIFETIME charge cycles of between 300-500, used once a day till drained, and that’s just one year!

A 21700 battery in a TM would be a 20% overall battery improvement in the next model.....

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Back to my original theory, these 18650’s are being driven as hard as they can be, good to rotate a large amount.

That's always a good idea I think, however, I think the TM treats the batteries fairly nice considering the peak wattage it can deliver, hence the great battery life. Even in session mode there will be hardly any long constant discharges, as the heat up is fairly quick while the heater is able to retain quite a bit of heat (so most likely it will be pulsed most of the time).

7oli5

3-4 weeks ended up being a bit over 2 months but it finally arrived.

The honeymoon has been going on for 3 weeks now...

It started on the wrong foot - I have been vaping ecigs in the past so getting that mod in my hands was a disappointment. It feels like a prototype, not a finished vaporizer. You can compare with any cheap below 50 dollar mod and see how badly designed the tinymight is. You need a tool to switch batteries (!!!), the temp dial and fire button should be redesigned and better located on the mod. So ergonomically the tinymight gets a 1/10. It is not salvageable, it needs a complete makeover.
The price tag would seem fairer if those issues are resolved as well. I know it is not fair to compare the price of a wooden craft european vape with the 50 dollar chinese mass produced mod but it has a few upgrades to make to match that price tag.

Don't be quick to judge though, this beast makes up for it in other categories!

Flavour/Density/vapor: 9/10. It's up there with the elite machinery along with the volcano and dynavap. Not much more to say really, I don't know how some guy in a basement in Finland did it with nuts and bolts but it works wonderfully.

Ease of cleaning: 9/10. That is an important category for daily tokers that often goes unnoticed. I retired my crafty+ because even the thought of cleaning that cooling unit is giving me anxiety. The TM is a breeze to clean even easier than the dynavap.

Power source: 9/10. I have a bunch of batteries from my ecig days and an external charger so I never worry about running out of power or having to charge before use. I love the removable battery feature. About the lower power towards the end mentioned by others here, it's barely noticeable to me and if it bothers you just switch batteries earlier.

Bonus category: Stems

I purchased the Grav 3'' upline taster and some cheap pipe screens and I am never going back to the original stem again. The tapered mouthpiece is a huge upgrade IMO. Unfortunately, you cannot use the TM cooling unit with the GRAV stem which is like not using 50% of what makes the TM. It is still cool enough but I wish it was a bit cooler when hitting it on higher temps between 8-10. I cannot fit the S&B dosing capsules in the stem either which would make cleaning much easier.

I have read most but not all 122 pages of this thread. Someone, please advise what the best stem setup is. I am willing to buy RBT dosing capsules and a longer stem as long as it is tapered.

Overall, I am pleased with my purchase and the TM is now a regular in my rotation with the volcano and dynavap. However, it feels more like a prototype, like a connoisseur's/collector's vape that I would not recommend to someone as a first vaporizer. As a beginner's vape, I might recommend a future version that will address the issues I described in the first paragraph. If you are an experienced flavor chaser go ahead buy it you will not be disappointed.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I purchased the Grav 3'' upline taster and some cheap pipe screens and I am never going back to the original stem again. The tapered mouthpiece is a huge upgrade IMO. Unfortunately, you cannot use the TM cooling unit with the GRAV stem which is like not using 50% of what makes the TM. It is still cool enough but I wish it was a bit cooler when hitting it on higher temps between 8-10. I cannot fit the S&B dosing capsules in the stem either which would make cleaning much easier.
I too purchased a GRAV Upline Taster along with two other blunt tubes they sell, the Upline Taster does not fit my TM! So warning to those going this route, you may get lucky where it fits and then again you may not.

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
You need a tool to switch batteries (!!!)

Actually not. I close and open the battery cap with my fingers (index & middle flat on the cap). Give it a try, it works nicely.

I disagree a bit with your concerns about the design. I get where you're coming from, I'm an e cig user myself and the TM has a bit of a handmade feel, and I also had to get used to the position of the button. But it's not a prototype for me, that's what he was going for. Matter of personal taste I guess.

I should also say that I don't know of any vape that is able to flabbergast non-vapers like the TM does. What turns them off is definitely not the design but rather the price and mostly the waiting list.

A tapered stem that does fit the cooling unit would be *very* interesting, I also have the Grav-stem and love the mouthpiece.

Momor

Someone, please advise what the best stem setup is.

I think most owners who tried different stems went back to the original one with CU.
The other very popular option is the RBT short stem in order to attach it to a WP or J-hook.

it feels more like a prototype, like a connoisseur's/collector's vape that I would not recommend to someone as a first vaporizer

I would have no problem to recommend it as a first vape to anyone that thinks that on demand pure convestion portable is what they want beacause it's so concistent and easy to use. 0 technique/learning curve needed to get satisfaying tasty clouds, and the unit seems quite solid.

I just tested using a S&B dosing cap in my TM and it worked very well ! i just droped the capsule in the unit, widest part of the capsule resting on the screen above the heater, then carefully inserted the stem until it makes contact with the capsule (first try i wasn't careful enought and it pushed the screen out of its ring, right on top of the heater).
AVB had a lighter color on the very top layer of the capsule, the rest was dark and uniform. Tried to vape that load again a max temp directly in the stem and got nothing out of it :tup:

Easywider

Simple is the way
I just tested using a S&B dosing cap in my TM and it worked very well ! i just droped the capsule in the unit, widest part of the capsule resting on the screen above the heater, then carefully inserted the stem until it makes contact with the capsule (first try i wasn't careful enought and it pushed the screen out of its ring, right on top of the heater).

CAUTION to anyone trying this. It is extremely easy to not feel the capsule as you muscle your stem through that red o-ring. The result is you can push the capsule through the screen and directly into the very fragile spiral coil. This happened when I first tried an S&B cap. my screen got lodged in the coil, removing the screen warped the alignment of my coil. I was able to fiddle everything back to about as good as new. I think I was lucky.

Tip. Wet your o-ring first so the stem slides freely and it will be much easier to feel when you've reached the capsule. I wipe my o-ring with mtc oil every so often to keep the stem sliding smooth.

LabPong

I just do one sesh when I only get 2 buzzes on startup. Then the cell goes into the charger when I'm done. This way I can help the health of my cells by not pushing the drain % down so low often. Plus...I have many cells and changing is super easy.

It started on the wrong foot - I have been vaping ecigs in the past so getting that mod in my hands was a disappointment. It feels like a prototype, not a finished vaporizer. You can compare with any cheap below 50 dollar mod and see how badly designed the tinymight is. You need a tool to switch batteries (!!!), the temp dial and fire button should be redesigned and better located on the mod. So ergonomically the tinymight gets a 1/10. It is not salvageable, it needs a complete makeover.
The price tag would seem fairer if those issues are resolved as well. I know it is not fair to compare the price of a wooden craft european vape with the 50 dollar chinese mass produced mod but it has a few upgrades to make to match that price tag.

I have read most but not all 122 pages of this thread. Someone, please advise what the best stem setup is. I am willing to buy RBT dosing capsules and a longer stem as long as it is tapered.

I also disagree with almost everything in the first paragraph.

Slight pressure with your thumb downward onto the battery cover can screw it on and off as needed. No tool is really necessary....I have not used a coin since the day I got this vape months ago...lol

I like the strength of the vape in build quality....I could care less if it can win a Instagram photo contest. I'll take the steam punk design and build over the Chinese plastic injection molded parts any day. But more over....this is not a vape made with huge capitol investors and the need to profit for the corp. I'ts pretty much a one man show making a superior quality vaporizer that kicks the crap out of 90% of what we have now in the world vaping market.

For me the fire button is in an excellent place.....this vape is very ergonomic to me.....BECAUSE the way I use it....upside down with RBT stem in a water rig. That may not be the way you use it....but its the only way I use it. So that is for sure debatable if you do not use like me.

Price is totally fair.....you get what you pay for. I want to pay for vapor quality and ease of use with long life span possibility. You get the with this vape....a $50 vape can be all apple'esk and all...but if it cant produce high quality vapor like the TM...it is worthless!

Bottom line....this vape is all about QUALITY VAPOR....not fancy packaging too make you feel good with your purchase even though it sucks at making vapor.

Now as far as THE BEST.....there is no best at all....ever for anyone or anything. But if you ask..... What is the best setup for using it like this...that ...or other way.....and to get the best tasting or less harsh vapor.....then we can advise.

But to say...what is the best stem. No way to answer that properly without being vague back to you. lol

RBT does not make dosing capsules. They do supply stems and we use, their short straight stems for a wpa with a screen in it. Dosing caps are from others and they are pretty much hacks....you can bend them to fit stock long stems.

Tapered stem....? not sure about that...not seen it in anything that would fit the TM.

I am guessing you want to use direct to mouth....so I would suggest using the longer stock stem....but you will have to see for yourself how you like it with or without the CU. Because there are a few different ways to use a stem to pull direct with mouth.....you will need to use and see what works best for you.

Last edited:

BestBuds

The Dude
Just an update on CS.
I had the glass shell of the heater fall out. It's my fault 100% but after only 2 emails back and forth TM sent me some pre paid labels to get it back to him to repair. I am really happy with his help and I will be buying another TM when I sell a few other vapes to make money for it. :rockon:

Last edited:

Easywider

Simple is the way
I love hearing these great CS experiences. My power button has become intermittent over time. It must have shifted a hair from where it should be aligned on the board. Getting three responsive clicks consecutively is such a chore these days. Sometimes I can't turn it on and others I can't turn it off.

I need to contact TM CS, but right now I'm just not willing to live without this guy :lol:

BR Ron

Wow, these are all great reports coming in. My two main wants are fast heat up time, and great flavor. I can deal with other annoyances for those two features. I am probably months from getting mine, and right now my Crafty is my most used vape. I can't wait to get my hands on the TM.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
yes...inside

A tapered stem that does fit the cooling unit would be *very* interesting

I think most owners who tried different stems went back to the original one with CU.

Tapered stem....? not sure about that...not seen it in anything that would fit the TM.

I have this need to always be inventing ...
I haven't seen any stem that interested me ... the stock + cooling unit works 100%, it's easy to clean, it's small. It's the best! end

[I bought two fat mouthpieces from vapcap when I ordered the TM. I'm in Europe and what I'm going to say didn't affect me but ...
I do not know the contours nor do I care, I think it is an injustice that @khelek41girl has not yet received some TM's like other resellers .... I decided to buy the TM based on her video ... mostly]

soooo....
Photo printing......
IMG-20200422-205354.jpg
IMG-20200422-205325.jpg
IMG-20200422-204656.jpg
IMG-20200422-210431.jpg

EDIT:
Did I already tell you all that I love this vape ??
So much so that I think I need another TM ... to have a reservation
I asked Ville if it was possible to repair my original (he had a problem with the dial contact and later the heater collapsed due to my fault when trying to solder the potentiometer and promptly replaced with a new TM by Ville).
I await an answer ... it would be like buying my own rebuilt vape. Do you think what I asked the creator was reasonable?

Last edited:

LabPong

I do not know the contours nor do I care, I think it is an injustice that @khelek41girl has not yet received some TM's like other resellers .... I decided to buy the TM based on her video ... mostly]

Probably because when he wants to setup someone outside Europe....he needs to send a good amount to justify the shipping costs. He is not ready to do that as he probably has 0 stock that is not spoken for.

The few resellers that got them.....got a few units and not like they are stocked on them at all.

But...give it time as we should see production ramp up more soon....... soon = longer than normal now.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I have this need to always be inventing ...
I haven't seen any stem that interested me ... the stock + cooling unit works 100%, it's easy to clean, it's small. It's the best! end

[I bought two fat mouthpieces from vapcap when I ordered the TM. I'm in Europe and what I'm going to say didn't affect me but ...

soooo....
Photo printing......
IMG-20200422-205354.jpg
IMG-20200422-205325.jpg
IMG-20200422-204656.jpg
IMG-20200422-210431.jpg

EDIT:
Did I already tell you all that I love this vape ??
So much so that I think I need another TM ... to have a reservation
I asked Ville if it was possible to repair my original (he had a problem with the dial contact and later the heater collapsed due to my fault when trying to solder the potentiometer and promptly replaced with a new TM by Ville).
I await an answer ... it would be like buying my own rebuilt vape. Do you think what I asked the creator was reasonable?
Apologies in advance (no flogging please :) ) - where can I get these tips? I’d love to try these with my awesome Tinymight. Since tapered stems holding the CU are rare if they exist at all, this is a great option on the stock stems. Thanks! :peace:

Vaporific,

Snooppossum

IMG-20200422-174150789.jpg

https://postimg.cc/4nHgFLqr

So this sexy little number arrived yesterday . It was the best surprise I could ask for because I was expecting it to take a couple more weeks to get here.

First impressions are good. I've gotten some really thick rips from it and I see what it's capable of. I have my gripes though...

A) first of all it extracts FAST. Even when I use a low temp setting or sesh mode I can hardly get a load to last more than a hit which is a little too fast for my liking but that's not always a bad thing. I bet this thing is perfect for when you wanna crush a few loads quickly on your way out the door but otherwise I'm actually finding it ever so tricky to get the best hit because you really only get one hit per load unless you push the CU about halfway up the stem, and if you don't take a big enough hit on the that first rip there won't be anything left for another lung buster so you get two unsatisfying hits.

B) It doesn't produce the most even AVB. This is only gonna bother the super OCD people like me because I've put the AVB into my flowerpot bowl and hit it to make sure the TM was extracting everything and I never get a hit worth taking but it's still pretty annoying when I'm used to perfectly even, dark brown bowls.

Other than that I really love the form factor of it and how lightweight it is. Plus the power is something I've never seen in a portable before. I'm hoping some dosing caps and cup screens can help with both of the issues I mentioned above and if they do I think the TM will be damn near flawless.

Last edited:

BestBuds

The Dude
IMG-20200422-174150789.jpg

https://postimg.cc/4nHgFLqr

So this sexy little number arrived yesterday . It was the best surprise I could ask for because I was expecting it to take a couple more weeks to get here.

First impressions are good. I've gotten some really thick rips from it and I see what it's capable of. I have my gripes though...

A) first of all it extracts FAST. A little too fast for my liking but that's not always a bad thing. I bet this thing is perfect for when you wanna crush a few loads quickly on your way out the door but otherwise I'm actually finding it ever so tricky to get the best hit because you really only get one hit per load unless you push the CU about halfway up the stem, and if you don't take a big enough hit on the that first rip there won't be anything left for another lung buster so you get two unsatisfying hits.

B) It doesn't produce the most even AVB. This is only gonna bother the super OCD people like me because I've put the AVB into my flowerpot bowl and hit it to make sure the TM was extracting everything and I never get a hit worth taking but it's still pretty annoying when I'm used to perfectly even, dark brown bowls.

Other than that I really love the form factor of it and how lightweight it is. Plus the power is something I've never seen in a portable before. I'm hoping some dosing caps and cup screens can help with both of the issues I mentioned above and if they do I think the TM will be damn near flawless.
Try releasing the fire button after a 3 to 5 seconds and keep drawing. I've noticed that I can get 4 or 5 super nice hits if I do that. Otherwise it extracts everything in one shot like you said.
As for the even avb have you tried sandwiching your herb between 2 rimless basket screens like others have tried? It helped me a lot with stretching my sessions and avoiding stirring. Or you can load your herb against the cooling chamber and cap it with a screen. Basically move the herb away from the heater a bit to get a more even vaporization. :tup:

Easywider

Simple is the way
@Snooppossum I battled with the same issue at first. Try shorter draws 5seconds or less. Lower temps will help extend the session temp dial 3-6 can yield me 3-4 nice hits and turn it up to 8 for a clean up hit. More even abv will come as you play with loading techniques. Moving the herb away from the heater works great. I pull my stem up 1/4 inch after I put it in and it really evens everything out.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@Snooppossum – @ uneven abv: The finer the grind and the tighter the pack, the more likely you'll see uneven spots. Try coarser grinds (I'm using a Brilliant Cut Grinder with the medium plate) and (more important) don't pack too tight but rather increase the size of the chamber instead (edit: cup screens do indeed result in a very even abv).

The TM is a fast extractor, it's not easy to have a slow-mo session with it, but as @BestBuds suggested, you can stretch it a bit by releasing the button about 4 seconds prior to the end of a hit. This way a ~.15g load can give me 5 relatively even hits (with the dial tempstepping between 6 and 8).

You could maybe even try a chunky grind and see where it takes you.

Anyway, congrats on your new TM! I'm sure you'll get the hang of it soon.

Last edited:

7oli5

Thanks to all of you who commented on my post guys, I tried the S&B capsules and it works! I would never find the balls to try something like that if it was not suggested by someone else :lol:
Now I need to remember where I put my dynavap mouthpieces and the setup will be complete!

If someone knows where I can get a stem that is longer than 80mm please let me know before I order the long stem from tinymight:tup:. I'm not a fan of water pieces but I would like the smoothness of an extra-long stem since I only use it at home.

@LabPong I value your opinion very highly, you know your vapes, thank you for politely disagreeing with me.
I did not buy anything this 420 and my VAS is killing me. Actually, I did buy a brilliant cut grinder but it doesn't count as a vape right?:lol: Please let me know what you have in rotation right now besides the TM or if you have your eye on something, otherwise I will be forced to buy unnecessary stuff from delta3Dstudios:brow:

Top Bottom