TinyMight / TM 2

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
How many people here use the long stem??
My long stem remains unused. Haven’t tried it yet & not sure when I’ll try it. My load sizes aren’t terribly big and fit perfectly fine in the short stem with a simple dome screen holding the flower just below the Cooling Unit. I’ve pushed up the CU a bit towards the top of the stem to hold just a bit more flower and further away from the heater. Working well for me so far and was a minor adjust from Day 1. This vape may take a bit getting used to for some (myself included) and it’s flexible enough for several different methods, not to mention on-demand mode (which I LOVE!). All good in my Tinymight universe! :peace:

SquirrelMaster

frgmnt

Which stems work with the Tinymight if I want to use it through a water piece? Any chance E-Nano stems fit the Tinymight?

frgmnt,

frgmnt

What about metal screens? I'm looking for the rimless basket version and the rimmed version.

Last edited:
frgmnt,

androponic

vaped.
What about metal screens? I'm looking for the rimless basket version and the rimmed version.
just search ebay for “pipe dome screen” and all of the 1/2” or 13 rimmed or rimless ones will work. some are tophat style and some are domed. i use the domed but they need a little balance to sit level until it gets tacky. a tophat shaped rimless will have more surface against the inside of the stem for grip. i would stay away from rimmed screens in the TM unless you file the rim down a bit, i think users have had the screen get pulled out and lodged near the heater and have to fish it out. not for me.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Stem and screen options are posted in this thread on like every other page people...

Since I've been home, I am exclusively using my RBT stems, I'm fortunate to have a wide variety of them and screens, having beta tested for the Zion and Milaana. Total hit-or-miss what's going to fit well, I have three in rotation right now, and each one is different in how they fit and where they came from, while a few more did not fit and several have not been tested yet (long ones too)

I have been rotating between a few vapes mostly, and the tinymight is still overall fave...

Guest399

i have a short question, only short and wont make a new discussion about batterys?

i will order some batterys for TM .. i informed me and knowing that VTC6 is original

my question is, is the VTC5A not better than VTC6 ? i have read that the 5er is very much safer

even if the other one has more mAh which is not the most important. or do you think the fear is
exaggerated. I am undecided between the two

Guest399,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
i have read that the 5er is very much safer

That only applies to scenarios above 80°C (that's when the VTC6s discharge rates drop) but the battery in the TM never even gets close to that temperature. Both the VTC5A and the VTC6 work fine in the TM.

In case those would be your first unprotected 18650s, I recommend getting familiar with general battery safety rules, esp. how to store & handle them correctly.

LabPong

i have a short question, only short and wont make a new discussion about batterys?

i will order some batterys for TM .. i informed me and knowing that VTC6 is original

my question is, is the VTC5A not better than VTC6 ? i have read that the 5er is very much safer

even if the other one has more mAh which is not the most important. or do you think the fear is

Get the VTC5D

SquirrelMaster

Because the Tinymight was made to work with the VTC6 I would never feel unsafe using it.
From the FAQ on the website :
-Can I use any 18650 Li-ion batteries with Tinymight?

No. Tinymight is very powerful and requires a lot of current. To get the designed performance out of the Tinymight safely, we only recommend to use original batteries from us. If you have a trustworthy source, you can buy the Sony VTC6 battery, it is the same we have chosen after extensive testing. One battery is included with the unit.

The VTC5D is a really good battery as well, better in high power demanding and if you plan to use it with other devices (especially unregulated ones I know you're eyeing ;)) it would be the better choice. Really 400mA isn't going to be that noticeable.

tokenknifeguy

im not a robot

In case those would be your first unprotected 18650s, I recommend getting familiar with general battery safety rules, esp. how to store & handle them correctly.
this certainly is good advice. while i feel rather stupid for not doing so earlier, i finally looked into safety re 18650 cells a bit myself. i am charging mine inside the unit, using only the included battery & charger, and i noticed that my tm (rather the bottom metal) gets really warm while charging (but only then). i dont have a thermometer, but it is close to being uncomfortable to the touch. i read that skin burning starts occurring at ca 48°C, so i didnt think this quite approached dangerous levels. i emailed the maker for clarification nonetheless, this is his (illuminating) reply:

"Hi!
It sounds all perfectly normal.

the battery should not get too hot, as the bottom metal panel is used as a heatsink during charging. If you would remove the battery you could feel this yourself, the actual battery stays pretty cool during the charge process. It was an intentional design choice to let the bottom panel get relatively hot during fast charge, and this all actually improves safety and lets the heat get out and keep the battery cool.

There are basically two charging techologies: Switching and linear charging. Switching chargers are very efficient at converting the USB voltage to battery and they produce very little heat. Linear chargers on the other hand transform the excessive voltage to heat and this is what makes the bottom panel warm up during charging. The advantage of linear charging is the simplicity of the charging circuit, less parts used to cause problems and generally much simpler technology for a robust and failsafe charging of the high power li-ion cell for years to come."

oh, and i also experience this
The past few times I charged it the lightvdidnt go off after few hours then I unplugged it and when I plugged it back in the light would stay off like it was charged. Anyone else get this?

here is his response:

"About the light and charging, this sounds like it should be. When the battery is getting near full level, it starts to slow down charge, this is normal method how li-ion batteries are charged. The charging process stops when the battery takes only a very little current, meaning it is then full. But if you remove the cable, and put it back again, the charging circuit starts from beginning and sees that the battery voltage is already high and doesn't want to start charging until it has dropped a little bit. Otherwise chargers would practically all the time start charging again, as different batteries drop their voltage little bit even right after charging has ended, some more some less, and it would cause only unnecessary stress for the batteries to top them up all the time. So the charging controllers have a predetermined voltage level and only after the voltage of battery is lower than this, a new charging cycle is started. So if you take cable off before the previous cycle has completed and insert it again, it might very well be that the battery is like 95% full and the voltage is over the limit of starting a new charge cycle. If you want to overcome this, you just need to drop the voltage for a moment when the cable is connected. Turn the unit on and off, it will be enough, the starting of heater drops voltage of battery enough for a new charge cycle to begin even if you turn it off then immediately, and you will see the light stays on indicating a charge."

all this within a couple hours of asking, on a sunday.

Last edited:

lauantaimakkara

Has anyone else tried Healthy Rips’ dosing capsules? I tried one and I didn’t get that much vapor (temp setting at 6) but I feel like it’s working :)

another question: how wide screen should i buy to replace The original screen on TM? Or is there screens already bent into a correct shape (preferably in Europe)

Last edited:
lauantaimakkara,

BR Ron

this certainly is good advice. while i feel rather stupid for not doing so earlier, i finally looked into safety re 18650 cells a bit myself. i am charging mine inside the unit, using only the included battery & charger, and i noticed that my tm (rather the bottom metal) gets really warm while charging (but only then). i dont have a thermometer, but it is close to being uncomfortable to the touch. i read that skin burning starts occurring at ca 48°C, so i didnt think this quite approached dangerous levels. i emailed the maker for clarification nonetheless, this is his (illuminating) reply:

"Hi!
It sounds all perfectly normal.

the battery should not get too hot, as the bottom metal panel is used as a heatsink during charging. If you would remove the battery you could feel this yourself, the actual battery stays pretty cool during the charge process. It was an intentional design choice to let the bottom panel get relatively hot during fast charge, and this all actually improves safety and lets the heat get out and keep the battery cool.

There are basically two charging techologies: Switching and linear charging. Switching chargers are very efficient at converting the USB voltage to battery and they produce very little heat. Linear chargers on the other hand transform the excessive voltage to heat and this is what makes the bottom panel warm up during charging. The advantage of linear charging is the simplicity of the charging circuit, less parts used to cause problems and generally much simpler technology for a robust and failsafe charging of the high power li-ion cell for years to come."

oh, and i also experience this

here is his response:

"About the light and charging, this sounds like it should be. When the battery is getting near full level, it starts to slow down charge, this is normal method how li-ion batteries are charged. The charging process stops when the battery takes only a very little current, meaning it is then full. But if you remove the cable, and put it back again, the charging circuit starts from beginning and sees that the battery voltage is already high and doesn't want to start charging until it has dropped a little bit. Otherwise chargers would practically all the time start charging again, as different batteries drop their voltage little bit even right after charging has ended, some more some less, and it would cause only unnecessary stress for the batteries to top them up all the time. So the charging controllers have a predetermined voltage level and only after the voltage of battery is lower than this, a new charging cycle is started. So if you take cable off before the previous cycle has completed and insert it again, it might very well be that the battery is like 95% full and the voltage is over the limit of starting a new charge cycle. If you want to overcome this, you just need to drop the voltage for a moment when the cable is connected. Turn the unit on and off, it will be enough, the starting of heater drops voltage of battery enough for a new charge cycle to begin even if you turn it off then immediately, and you will see the light stays on indicating a charge."

all this within a couple hours of asking, on a sunday.

First off, this is some great information. Thank You. I have a TM on order. I am a light user most of the time, and plan to charge my battery in the unit 95% of the time. I'll only use it once or twice a day. Is there any reason to re-think my charging ideas? I have an external charger, but I rarely use it.

im not a robot

i am obviously not an expert, but when i ordered my tm i asked the maker whether he would recommend that i get an external charger. his answer:

"Hi! Charging is recommended inside the unit as well, external chargers require you to take the battery out but for me it is much easier to just plug in the high quality micro usb cable that is supplied with the device. You just need to have your own USB adapter that can supply 2A of current. We will also have soon adapters available but it is not normally provided within the package since nowadays most people have many USB adapters and it is just waste of resources and money to send one with every product. So instead, we put the money to the cable, I'm pretty sure it is one of the best usb cables available and a full charge when we measured with our adapters takes around 1h 15 min.

Surely you can use external chargers also, that's one idea of the replaceable battery but as for me, i prefer to use the internal charging as it works well and is easy to use."

if sth were to happen with the battery, it might be preferable to have it outside of the tinymight? another benefit of using an external charger is that it allows for rotating batteries. those are the only cons i could think of.
i am a light user as well, so decided against 2nd battery & charger.

BR Ron

i am obviously not an expert, but when i ordered my tm i asked the maker whether he would recommend that i get an external charger. his answer:

"Hi! Charging is recommended inside the unit as well, external chargers require you to take the battery out but for me it is much easier to just plug in the high quality micro usb cable that is supplied with the device. You just need to have your own USB adapter that can supply 2A of current. We will also have soon adapters available but it is not normally provided within the package since nowadays most people have many USB adapters and it is just waste of resources and money to send one with every product. So instead, we put the money to the cable, I'm pretty sure it is one of the best usb cables available and a full charge when we measured with our adapters takes around 1h 15 min.

Surely you can use external chargers also, that's one idea of the replaceable battery but as for me, i prefer to use the internal charging as it works well and is easy to use."

if sth were to happen with the battery, it might be preferable to have it outside of the tinymight? another benefit of using an external charger is that it allows for rotating batteries. those are the only cons i could think of.
i am a light user as well, so decided against 2nd battery & charger.

Thanks Dude.

BR Ron,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
if sth were to happen with the battery, it might be preferable to have it outside of the tinymight?

Not really – in theory the worst case that could happen would be the battery off gassing, which can be dangerous because it would turn the device into a kind of pipe bomb (some early days mechanical e cig tube mods were notorious for this risk). But the battery compartment of the TM is not perfectly sealed and allows for enough ventilation.

Thx for sharing the infos, those are highly appreciated!

Top Bottom