TinyMight / TM 2

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I don't even disassemble it before I put it in iso (except for the o rings).
I didn’t disassemble it, only loosened it a bit per above to possibly increase air flow. We’ll see. I don’t have a problem with it currently and willing to see if it makes a difference or not. The orings were taken off before the soak. Almost time to remove the baby from the bath and rinse it off (the stem too)...:peace:

Vaporific,
Reactions: Siebter

Vaporific

I leave the o-rings on the cu for days in iso. Just lazy cleaning. No issues I've had .
Really? I thought the orings shouldn't be too long in ISO. I thought that was a prevailing practice. Glad it’s working for you.

Everything is rinsed and drying. On a whim I did unscrew the CU, for the first time, and immediately noticed the interstitial washer between top and bottom sections partly covers the holes in the top of the bottom section (the screen is at the bottom this). Loosening this a bit may indeed increase air flow. Once dry I will find out. Gotta love these experiments! :D:peace:

EDIT: I meant interstitial nut, not washer, above. I know the difference, I just specified it wrong, lol.

Last edited:

LabPong

Just a heads up.....I do not recall if they were in always in stock normally lately...but RBT has the gray and clear short stems in stock now $7. This is what you use to be the wpa. You just need to shape a screen for it.

RBT STORE

I use these pre-shaped ones from EBAY

TMstems-RBT2.jpg

TMscreen-Bottom.jpg

TMstems-RBT1.jpg

Brewervapesalot

Really? I thought the orings shouldn't be too long in ISO. I thought that was a prevailing practice. Glad it’s working for you.

Everything is rinsed and drying. On a whim I did unscrew the CU, for the first time, and immediately noticed the interstitial washer between top and bottom sections partly covers the holes in the top of the bottom section (the screen is at the bottom this). Loosening this a bit may indeed increase air flow. Once dry I will find out. Gotta love these experiments! :D:peace:

Maker said in email that o-ring manufacturer says fine for iso.

I took his email as that his written instructions to remove were just abundance of caution.

I'll modify my statement to that I leave the o-rings in iso for WEEKS without issue...

They're fine. Clear original ones or on newer units the orange ones...

Edit

Just a heads up.....I do not recall if they were in always in stock normally lately...but RBT has the gray and clear short stems in stock now $7. This is what you use to be the wpa. You just need to shape a screen for it.

RBT STORE

I use these pre-shaped ones from EBAY

TMstems-RBT2.jpg

TMscreen-Bottom.jpg

TMstems-RBT1.jpg

Ordered some more stems. $10 for shipping seems a bit much. Website was on fritz too, had try order like four times..

Last edited:

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
I don't even disassemble it before I put it in iso (except for the o rings).
and after the iso? Are you still not taking apart?

I leave the o-rings on the cu for days in iso. Just lazy cleaning. No issues I've had .

I slightly loosen the two parts of the CU and put everything in ISO 99 inside the stem. can stay overnight
then disassemble everything and clean with a cotton swab, rinse with hot water and it is done.

Thanks for the screen suggestions in the previous posts.
In the stem I just use a screen in front of CU.
The original screen that is placed on CU is crazy to put it back. For me is essential to have easy access to the first half of CU to clean it 100%.
For me these are screens ... and it looks like I'm not going to finish them anytime soon

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12-7mm-Sta...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Last edited:

Chandler

RBT has the gray and clear short stems in stock now $7. This is what you use to be the wpa. You just need to shape a screen for it.
If any Canadians are looking to grab some of these stems let me know. I haven't found a retailer in Canada that has em in stock. I'll take at least a couple n we split the shipping!

Same with pipe screens. The ones @LabPong posted are cool because of the soldered edge. They won't fray!... However, 'this seller doesn't deliver to your location'.. Can't seem to find a similar alternative that doesn't have the big lip as an edge... CANADIANS. if you find a solution.... PLEASE, let me know!

Snooppossum

Hey guys, so I ordered a used TM from someone on Reddit and while I wait for it to get here all the way from Germany, I'm wondering about basket screens.

I read on the last page where someone asked about screens but I'm specifically Wondering about the ones you use when packing the stem to seal it off instead of packing the screen itself. This is how I prefer to use my splinter because it Cooks more evenly and I can stir by just shaking the stem around.

Apparently you you can use RBT stems upside down...not sure how that might work but has anyone else here been using any sort of basket screen to successfully turn your tinymight stem into a loadable capsule?

It's very important to me to be able to keep herbs out of the unit if possible because I would like the travel with the vape but I live on the east coast and cannot travel anywhere in these States with a vape that smells like grass or has a dirty oven.

EDIT: i feel like I've seen people load an upside down RBT stem and use it like this through water but Id much prefer to use it without water for the flavor and I can't see how that would work yet...

Last edited:
Snooppossum,

Vaporific

I read on the last page where someone asked about screens but I'm specifically Wondering about the ones you use when packing the stem to seal it off instead of packing the screen itself.
lots of different size and type of screens. The ones that do fit can be used in multiple ways for various purposes. Most are flexible enough to be squeezed or tamped into shape for what you want to do. Personally, until I obtain new Basket or cup screens (mentioned several times earlier in the thread - thanks again everyone), I’ve been using a plain .5 inch stainless screen shaped into a dome and put it just below the Cooling Unit’s screen to hold flower. And it holds it very well with a minor tamp of my pinky which barely fits into the stock stem. I need to find a better tamp but I digress. I did try your method but the stem and CU got a bit too dirty for my liking. Lots of possibilities and you’ll find your balance.

It's very important to me to be able to keep herbs out of the unit if possible because I would like the travel with the vape but I live on the east coast and cannot travel anywhere in these States with a vape that smells like grass or has a dirty oven.
see above to an extent. Clean your unit often then. I don’t think my TM reeks that’s much if very little sitting in a homemade padded eye glass case (it’s great to have a local friend who’s ingenuitive like that - and did the same for himself). Use an air tight bag if necessary. I’m on the East Coast too (my whole life) but live in Grassachusetts so it’s more lax here.

The experiment loosening the CU a bit to allow more air flow continues and is inconclusive. More tests will be run later today, in the name of science and curiosity of course...

And by the way, HAPPY 4/20 Day to all! :D:leaf::peace:

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I'm using 90% iso and my CU comes out beautifully clean as well. I'm also glad to hear that leaving the O-rings on is ok. I usually enjoy cleaning my vapes and take everything apart, however, I can be lazy at times and say what the hell. how bad could it be... I'm happy to report that I have never had any problems with silicone parts soaking for long periods, especially my grasshopper tip which had been forgotten for weeks by accident. I just wish I had read this thread 20 min ago, my CU is soaking as I write this, and yes, I already took the O-rings off :doh::rofl:

Brewervapesalot

The original screen that is placed on CU is crazy to put it back.

:nod:

Yup, agree, a single (1/2 inch or thereabouts) screen in front of the CU is much easier.

I can go through 4 or 5 of those screens gumming up before needing to clean the CU and stem. That's pretty minimal maintenance.

If you want to preserve best flavor, you can clean the CU more often, but the above routine works "mighty" well.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Maybe because I'm using 99.9% iso?

No. Because I also use 99% iso.
Once a week, I clean the CU with total disassembly after submersion in 99% iso ... and when I swab the nuts, the cotton of the swab is always brown ...
Opening the CU, cleaning everything with just a cotton swab and putting everything back in place is 2 minutes
meantime, every day I push CU out of the stem, clean the screen (which I mentioned in the previous post) with 99% iso and pass a cotton swab in the first half of CU. Then I put everything back inside the stem on the reverse side and the o-rings help keep the stem clean.
[EDIT:
Maybe i use it more?
I spend 2/3 vtc6 a day ... I always lose counting the bolws / day ...]:rofl:

:nod:

Yup, agree, a single (1/2 inch or thereabouts) screen in front of the CU is much easier.

I can go through 4 or 5 of those screens gumming up before needing to clean the CU and stem. That's pretty minimal maintenance.

If you want to preserve best flavor, you can clean the CU more often, but the above routine works "mighty" well.

:rockon::tup:

Last edited:

Snooppossum

Yup....just use 2 of the screens I use.....one on top of the other.

Yikes I totally didn't see the link at first, whoops! Thanks for that. Curious as to how hot those reverse rbt stems get? I'm assuming that the CU doesn't fit into any of the RBT stems even with their variances...also wondering if you have tried hitting the RBT stem without water?

Im trying to do what you did above and pack the stem but Id prefer to vape straight from the stem if it's not crazy hot.

Snooppossum,

BR Ron

Is there a significant difference in the vapor temp between the short, and long stem? I like the form factor of the short stem, but I really like cool vapor.

BR Ron,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yikes I totally didn't see the link at first, whoops! Thanks for that. Curious as to how hot those reverse rbt stems get? I'm assuming that the CU doesn't fit into any of the RBT stems even with their variances...also wondering if you have tried hitting the RBT stem without water?

Im trying to do what you did above and pack the stem but Id prefer to vape straight from the stem if it's not crazy hot.

There's no reason to use RBT stem if youre just going to hit it straight, might as well use stock stems... MistVape Imp basket screens fit those

Vaporific

Is there a significant difference in the vapor temp between the short, and long stem? I like the form factor of the short stem, but I really like cool vapor.
I’ve yet to use the long stem. The short stem with the amazing cooling unit and finding your temp sweet spot is all you need to do. It simply works well for me. Let the Tinymight do the rest. It always delivers!

I’ve detected a strange pattern with mine but I’m not entirely sure about it or the batteries (one original and 2 bought on a big battery site; they’re VTC6 too and they’re numbered to keep them rotating). When the battery level gets down to two buzzes, it then seems to drain pretty quick. One buzz seldom occurs for me. I always use on-demand mode: set temp, turn on with 3 quick presses, press again until it buzzes, draw and depress (and repeat and rinse :) ). When the battery level seems to get low after two battery buzzes, the unit seems to want to shut off. Perhaps 2 is the new 1? I want to monitor this but not hitting any alarm bells yet. This vape works too well for me to worry about something not too significant in the grand scheme of things.:peace:

Top Bottom