TinyMight / TM 2

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Tell me, why do you think that your PH works at a higher temperature? Are you using a higher temperature level than in a regular TM2?
I meant it seems to get warmer in hand and to the touch than my original TM (circa March ‘20). It runs a bit warmer however I am using longer stems with various cooling options - and vapor output is less with my purpleheart TM2 than my OG TM. That’s why I’m considering recalibrating the TM2.

As for the PH color, I'll tell you honestly, I can't say that I admire this color. I bought and am waiting for the PH precisely because its heater support rods are 2 times thicker than the conventional version. I need the most durable device and the choice fell on the PH version.
I love the color - and the vape! The internal improvement is welcomed though I believe the TM in general isn’t as fragile as it’s made out to be. I put my OG TM in my jeans pocket or jacket pocket as is (with a rubber cap on the short stock stem) as it’s very portable for me on-the-go. My PH TM2 doesn’t get out much and mostly homebound (but that just about may change after ordering a case this week). I would’ve bought the PH without the internal upgrade, too :)

All good, and so is the Tinymight. Hope you enjoy yours. :peace:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
With the orientation of the heater, being upside down, it's gonna leak to the unit's screen.
I've used my TM almost daily for years. I tried dosing caps once and thought it sucked. I occasionally go inverted with a hook or another glass piece, but usually it's a direct-draw stem experience.

I have never even once had a problem with material falling into the heater.

Varden

Newbie to TM2..... Picked up the bundle from @VGOODIEZ With the SS dosing capsule, is this by design a bit loose? Got to thinking a pass through - isolated airpath would be more efficient. I used one of the o-rings from the kit, while it was too large to fit in the quartz tube. Was able to wedge it at the base and seal the capsule as to make it a pass through unit. Now that said, on #5, extracted a low temp BV quality flavor hit. was not large cloud per se, but was a gratifying first experience with the TM2.

So Guru's I ask.... Am I making up a "issue" ?
Would capsule use be best without creating a seal? ( I was thinking an O-ring 1/2 as thick might seal with ease)
Is there a capsule designed to be used with an O-ring or does not need one to seal?

Coming from a Pax 3 as my only portable.... I already have a big grin.
Thanks in advance.... :cheers:
Yes, the capsules sit like that and like others said you inhale a lot of hot air. That is why some of us have switched to using the capsules of S&B size or Airvape size. They sit under the stem, not inside the stem and all the airflow is forced to go through the capsule which works better. The only downside is that this is a "hack" and you have to be careful not to push the stem down too much because it pushes the capsule down which in turn pushes the net down into the heater, which obviously you do not want. But if you are not too careless it works very well.

And I agree with @Grass Yes that the TM2 works better without the capsules, which is how I use it at home, but when on the go, the capsules are convenient.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
When I want to use a TM capsule, I use the OG Short glass stem, with the 1/2 CU hack, with balls inside for cooling. The 1/2 CU still has its original oring, so no air leaking, all the hot air is forced through the capsule. I can push the CU into the stem for the perfect height so the capsule fits flush to the end of the stem. Works for me.

PHOTO HERE:

RedZep

I know reasonable people disagree, but I can't understand downgrading the TM experience with a dosing cap.
I can't fathom it. Especially in a pure convection device. Especially considering how airflow is everything to the TM2, where draw speed and pack tightness confer drastically different results.

Also, it's super easy to reload with straw pack method. I would argue faster and easier than fiddling around with those capsules.

Only positive I can think of is that is keeps the device cleaner, which again seems pointless since only the glass stems get dirty anyway. TM2 is not a Mighty.

Each to their own, but I would emplor new TM owners to forego the capsules for a while to see what they prefer. Using them from day one, and persisting seems to me like never getting the best out of the device.

Vaporific

I can't fathom it. Especially in a pure convection device. Especially considering how airflow is everything to the TM2, where draw speed and pack tightness confer drastically different results.

Also, it's super easy to reload with straw pack method. I would argue faster and easier than fiddling around with those capsules.

Only positive I can think of is that is keeps the device cleaner, which again seems pointless since only the glass stems get dirty anyway. TM2 is not a Mighty.

Each to their own, but I would emplor new TM owners to forego the capsules for a while to see what they prefer. Using them from day one, and persisting seems to me like never getting the best out of the device.
I agree with you, @Grass Yes and many others that capsules defeat the purpose of the TM but to each their own. Pre-loaded capsules make reloading a bit easier and perhaps more stealthy than straw packing but that’s the only small advantage. The cooling unit can be adjusted for load size and/or using a small cup screen will limit load sizes for those using smaller amounts instead of capsules.

I used a capsule in my OG TM once or twice a few years ago and thought, why bother? I straw pack even on the go. Once in a blue moon I’ll load with a scoop of various strains (I call it a “salad”) and lightly tamp. But no capsules for me, they’re too small and cumbersome and restrict air flow.

Just enjoyed a wake & bake with my PH TM2. Ahhhhhh! Weekend regards to all. :peace:

avtpl

I did not notice a decrease in the effect of using capsules. Moreover, the roasting is more uniform, there is no light at the edges, as without a capsule. But I'm talking about microdoses.

I agree with you, @Grass Yes and many others that capsules defeat the purpose of the TM but to each their own. Pre-loaded capsules make reloading a bit easier and perhaps more stealthy than straw packing but that’s the only small advantage. The cooling unit can be adjusted for load size and/or using a small cup screen will limit load sizes for those using smaller amounts instead of capsules.

I used a capsule in my OG TM once or twice a few years ago and thought, why bother? I straw pack even on the go. Once in a blue moon I’ll load with a scoop of various strains (I call it a “salad”) and lightly tamp. But no capsules for me, they’re too small and cumbersome and restrict air flow.

Just enjoyed a wake & bake with my PH TM2. Ahhhhhh! Weekend regards to all. :peace:
In the case of microdoses, the capsules perform perfectly, there is no decrease in airflow, a small number of colors, as in a cyclone, spin in hot air and effectively give effect. But if you fill the capsule full, then the effectiveness is lower. Perhaps lower than without the capsule

I did notice a smell when i just received it.
But maybe that was me (sensitivity or specific device) since most people don't mention it.
Here's my post about it:

https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/tinymight-tm-2.44563/post-1793248

The initial smell went away pretty fast. The first couple of days i found it pretty noticeable (even picked up a slight taste the first days, especially when empty) but like i said that completely went away.

Just sniffed my two devices to compare and i have to say that the PH now has "no smell at all" to me while i do pick up some woody tones when i sniff my walnut: around the intake holes (the body itself probably is "sealed off" from handling a lot) i detect a very subtle, not unpleasant woody scent...

So yeah: would not surprise me if you pick up some PH flavor/smell at first but in my case that went away completely pretty fast (I guess a week or so) so my advice would be to give it some time and not worry too fast.

Thank you for the detailed answer. Your feedback on the link is also wonderful.

Last edited:
I appreciate all the feedback. First round impression.... The TM2 is a far superior device to the PAX 3, when it comes to extraction & flavor.

The capsules can be "hacked" as to seal in the stem. O-ring was placed in the gap between the body and lid of the capsule. Pressed in the stem up against the double jt cooler slightly. It will hold in place. Very lightly packed, 2 and done, first on 5, follow up on 7. No perceived air restriction.
As I am new to this device, I am following what I have found to work on BV's as to draw speed. Slow at first to warm material, then moderate steady draw till lungs are "full". Even on the 2nd cap, improvement was noticed. (ah... da learning curve)

The WPA/Bong/basket screen... light tamp - approx .03g, 1 and done. Level 7. The one and done is how I prefer BV dosing. This was very close to that, without the 10 min warm up time. Very convenient as to value of time. Not quite (yet) blow me back on the couch effects, but very satisfying.

Yet to try the straw method. Soon.... :sherlock:
As I have found for me, I prefer very light packing. 2 brain cells tell me, this will most likely leak material to the screen, and in turn grind it's way to the heater element. (Now, I may be making too much of that theory)

Nothing worse than a retired engineer. Have to have something to obsess about... might as well be how to maximize effect and efficiency of the new toy I have.... TM2 :science: and how to put together the perfect Twin Cam scoot... :whip:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I use them because I like to keep the oven in both my TM2 and Crafty+.
Good question.... again as a newbie to TM2 cant say I have experience. My thoughts presently are.... I am looking for a portable device. With the orientation of the heater, being upside down, it's gonna leak to the unit's screen.

Yeah, to me, in this situation, capsules are an overcorrection if trying to just keep things cleaner... I always use mine upside down now, I love my hooks and u-turn stem, keeps everything pristine (although there really isn't an issue otherwise with the heater screen protection anyway and proper stem loading)

Vaporific

Yet to try the straw method. Soon.... :sherlock:
As I have found for me, I prefer very light packing. 2 brain cells tell me, this will most likely leak material to the screen, and in turn grind it's way to the heater element. (Now, I may be making too much of that theory)
Don’t grind too fine and gently brush it out occasionally with the TM upside down so any loose material falls out. The OG TM has just the heater screen while the TM2 has that and something below it with the concentric mini holes (there’s a name for this but not sure what it’s called) which should all help. :peace:

kilo

I used to be really concerned about material falling into the heater. So after I packed my stem I'd blow into it from the oven side to settle the load. But then I thought about it some more. Nothing of any significant size is going to fall through that fine mesh heater screen and the diffuser. Any micro particles that did would be desiccated once the heater's engaged and get sucked back out. But I doubt that even micro particles would fall through – they'd be more likely to remain with the weed, which tends to hold together pretty well. Sure, when I pull the stem out I might see a loose piece but it comes right out with the poker, a toothpick, or a blast of air.

As far as the capsules go, like Varden, I only use them when I'm on the go. I can carry five loaded capsules in a tube and that'll usually last me pretty well. And I have two tubes and ten capsules if I think I need a bigger stash. I don't like lugging my BCG around unless I'm going someplace where other people will be vaping. Which, in my social circle, is regrettably uncommon!

avtpl

Is it possible to calibrate TM2 PH so that at "10" in session mode, the evaporator outputs the temperature as in the "on demand" beast mode? As I understand it, the maximum temperature is 260 degrees Celsius and it is not very convenient for me to keep the button pressed to get the maximum temperature.

Is it possible to calibrate TM2 PH so that at "10" in session mode, the evaporator outputs the temperature as in the "on demand" beast mode? As I understand it, the maximum temperature is 260 degrees Celsius and it is not very convenient for me to keep the button pressed to get the maximum temperatur
Here is what I hope will be the definitive answer regarding TM2 "calibration" as described in Appendix #2 of the TM2 manual. This comes straight from TinyMightVape Support and corresponds with what @Momor said above. The chart below defines these ranges.

There are seven (7) temperature ranges that can be selected using the procedure in Appendix #2 of the TM2 manual. The procedure explicitly describes how to get to ranges 1, 4, and 7 (my numbering), using the "Appendix #2 dial setting" of 0, 6, and 10 respectively. Range 4 is the default range the unit ships with. The other four ranges can be reached using the "Appendix #2 dial setting" of approximately 2, 4, 7.5, and 9 for ranges 2, 3, 5, and 6 respectively. Once set, the color of the range flashes briefly on startup.

I have set my TM2 to the BLUE range. I use a temperature setting of 2 (120C) which gives me no visible vapor, for a smooth volatile terpene only, sweet high. I am so happy to find a vape that can so consistently control temperature.

avtpl

Thus, 260 degrees Celsius is the maximum that can be obtained in session mode. And if in on-demand mode, I hold down the button, then 280 degrees. That's great!

avtpl,

Ipe17

I tried and it did not work. They sent an email for canceling the order.... Still, I only order vapes from them

Ipe17,

Polishzx

Hello friends, just wanted to say that I've finally arrived and it feels great to be here. I'm absolutely FLOORED with my TM2. A big shout out and thank you to Storz and Bickel for the Venty being such a piece of shit and failing so quickly after my purchase that I was able to return it, get my money back and buy something else. Couldn't be happier with how things turned out here... Cheers!!!

tm2.jpg

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Hello friends, just wanted to say that I've finally arrived and it feels great to be here.

Welcome to Mount Cloudy!

Your quest has ended! :science:

A big shout out and thank you to Storz and Bickel for the Venty being such a piece of shit and failing so quickly after my purchase

:D:clap:

Couldn't be happier with how things turned out here...

It's a real beauty! 👌
Enjoy!!

A question given the discussion on the purple heart recently: Does the wood have a smell right out of the box?

jwr38

I'm thinking of getting the tiny might. I've been vaping for years with my dynavap but I would like something with a battery.

What accessories do people recommend?

jwr38,
Top Bottom