TinyMight / TM 2

RedZep

If your worried about it, I highly recommend getting one of the glass WPAs from GoodVibesBoro. It believe it works the same way, but made of glass. I got one from the last drop it's very convenient. Its also much cheaper than the t_bowl.
I've been waiting for people to chime in about that. No one has given their mini review. Would be interested to hear how the experience compares with the SS tinymight bowl.

avtpl

I ordered Purple heart from Vgoodiez and while the delivery is underway, I'm worried about the following. Many sources indicate that Purpleheart can cause nausea and is unpleasant when processing this tree. I'm worried that when heated, the smell of this tree will either be unpleasant or even worse - it will cause nausea or pain. The usual Tiny Might 2 from a nut generally smells nice when heated, but what about the Purple Heart?? Who thinks what? Share your experience.

avtpl,
Reactions: cosimo

jbm

I ordered Purple heart from Vgoodiez and while the delivery is underway, I'm worried about the following. Many sources indicate that Purpleheart can cause nausea and is unpleasant when processing this tree. I'm worried that when heated, the smell of this tree will either be unpleasant or even worse - it will cause nausea or pain. The usual Tiny Might 2 from a nut generally smells nice when heated, but what about the Purple Heart?? Who thinks what? Share your experience.
I don’t own a PH TM, but I do have a PH Splinter Z and I’ve had no trouble or smell from it at all.

avtpl

I don’t own a PH TM, but I do have a PH Splinter Z and I’ve had no trouble or smell from it at all.
Thank you for your feedback!I wonder what flavor your device emits when heated? Yes, it would be good to compare it with TinyMight 2 made of walnut, because it definitely begins to smell like wood. The smell of nuts seems pleasant to me. I hope the PH will not disappoint and will not harm my health

avtpl,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I have a purpleheart TM2 (and an OG TM) and I’ve not really noticed any off-putting odor from the purpleheart unit. I don’t have any allergies, sensitivities, etc. to wood species. If you have allergies or conditions of any sort related to woods then I would be cautious regardless what type of wood vape you buy. I will say my PH gets warmer in hand than my OG TM and it could be a function of running it at slightly higher temps than my OG TM since I use longer stems with more cooling than I do with my OG TM (which I mostly use the short stock stem and a hollow cooling unit). Suffice it to say I LOVE the Tinymight otherwise I wouldn’t have bought a second - and I’m still enamored about the color of the purpleheart several months after receiving it. TGIF. :peace:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Yes I've mentioned that here a couple times, most of what you are reading is about the tree yes, when it is being processed into wood, so it is the sawdust etc from being worked... That's why they wear masks and goggles and gloves, but the wood being used in the TM is treated, cured and processed, for the more the air and vapor pathway is supposed to be pretty isolated within the inner shell? So you see most people do not have an issue... However some people are extra sensitive, and the only way to know for sure, is try it for yourself, it also might need to break in a little at first, there could be a more noticeable smell or even flavor that might just break in with a little time and more use too (I've never heard of anyone experiencing nausea or pain specifically should not be that severe either)

avtpl

I have a purpleheart TM2 (and an OG TM) and I’ve not really noticed any off-putting odor from the purpleheart unit. I don’t have any allergies, sensitivities, etc. to wood species. If you have allergies or conditions of any sort related to woods then I would be cautious regardless what type of wood vape you buy. I will say my PH gets warmer in hand than my OG TM and it could be a function of running it at slightly higher temps than my OG TM since I use longer stems with more cooling than I do with my OG TM (which I mostly use the short stock stem and a hollow cooling unit). Suffice it to say I LOVE the Tinymight otherwise I wouldn’t have bought a second - and I’m still enamored about the color of the purpleheart several months after receiving it. TGIF. :peace:
Thanks for the feedback! Tell me, why do you think that your PH works at a higher temperature? Are you using a higher temperature level than in a regular TM2? Yes, I've seen your explanations about the difference in rods, but it gives different temperatures when inhaled. and what about the temperature of TM2 itself - after all , it has the same ranges as in PH TM2 ?

That's why I'm writing about it. It would be great if the maximum temperature of PH TM2 was, say, not 260, but 280 or more. I would be happy, because I prefer high-temperature shocks. And for hashish, a high temperature is the best thing.

As for the PH color, I'll tell you honestly, I can't say that I admire this color. I bought and am waiting for the PH precisely because its heater support rods are 2 times thicker than the conventional version. I need the most durable device and the choice fell on the PH version. In the country where I live, I will not be able to use the warranty in case of any problems. I hope PH TM2 will not disappoint me with its reliability

avtpl,
Reactions: cosimo

Varden

In theory the TM2 airpath does not go through the wood, only glass or zirconia and Stainless Steel. They say so in the Tinymight FAQ page.

That said, if you are allergic to wood or very sensitive, it is not impossible you inhale something when its heated and so close to your mouth and nose, so I guess that's something to consider.

avtpl

Yes I've mentioned that here a couple times, most of what you are reading is about the tree yes, when it is being processed into wood, so it is the sawdust etc from being worked... That's why they wear masks and goggles and gloves, but the wood being used in the TM is treated, cured and processed, for the more the air and vapor pathway is supposed to be pretty isolated within the inner shell? So you see most people do not have an issue... However some people are extra sensitive, and the only way to know for sure, is try it for yourself, it also might need to break in a little at first, there could be a more noticeable smell or even flavor that might just break in with a little time and more use too (I've never heard of anyone experiencing nausea or pain specifically should not be that severe either)
I agree with you that you can only find out how this tree will behave when you start using PH TM2.

If we were given a choice, I would gladly buy PH TM2, but in the usual walnut color. I mean all the design changes, but in the usual case.

The smell of ordinary TM2 reminds me of the aroma of a bonfire when you put walnut firewood there. Yes, the smell is exactly the same, very pleasant.

Maybe I'll change my mind after getting a PH. But so far I think so.

In theory the TM2 airpath does not go through the wood, only glass or zirconia and Stainless Steel. They say so in the Tinymight FAQ page.

That said, if you are allergic to wood or very sensitive, it is not impossible you inhale something when its heated and so close to your mouth and nose, so I guess that's something to consider.
Not quite like that.Cold air enters the chamber after passing between the camera body and the wooden body. And if the wood is heated, it can be assumed that some volatile compounds can get into the chamber

Varden

Not quite like that.Cold air enters the chamber after passing between the camera body and the wooden body. And if the wood is heated, it can be assumed that some volatile compounds can get into the chamber
You are correct. I went back to the FAQ, and it says the vapor path is only glass (zirconia now) and SS, but not the airpath, I got those confused.

From the FAQ:

Tinymight is very clean. The vapor is in contact only with either stainless steel or quartz glass. The heating element is specialized with the largest surface area of any vaporizer heaters. Thanks to this, the surface temperature doesn't need to be as high which translates to a purer taste. There are no glues, no chemicals and no insulation materials used in the assembly, just pure materials, oak wood, stainless steel, glass, aluminum. The only synthetic part is the electronics board, which is away from the airpath

avtpl

You are correct. I went back to the FAQ, and it says the vapor path is only glass (zirconia now) and SS, but not the airpath, I got those confused.

From the FAQ:
Yes, there is a massive hole in the wooden case, which houses a heater in a zirconium capsule (PH). It is through the gap between the wooden body and the zirconium capsule that air is sucked in.

And you can catch pleasant woody notes in the taste. But how will it be in PH ?

I read your quote from the manual and wondered - what is the case made of anyway? Is it made of walnut or oak?? I'm talking about the usual version.

avtpl,

Varden

Yes, there is a massive hole in the wooden case, which houses a heater in a zirconium capsule (PH). It is through the gap between the wooden body and the zirconium capsule that air is sucked in.

And you can catch pleasant woody notes in the taste. But how will it be in PH ?

I read your quote from the manual and wondered - what is the case made of anyway? Is it made of walnut or oak?? I'm talking about the usual version.
Walnut, I think

Varden,

avtpl

TM1 was oak. They switched to walnut for the TM2.
It's clear now. The opinion of those who have used TM1 for a long time and switched to TM 2 is interesting. Is there a difference in the flavors of a heated device?

avtpl,

kilo

I've never noticed any wood-related aromas or flavors from either TM1 or TM2, except briefly after a fresh coat of beeswax.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
It's clear now. The opinion of those who have used TM1 for a long time and switched to TM 2 is interesting. Is there a difference in the flavors of a heated device?

Only when new, all of mine are neutral and broke in quick, eventually the upgrades will probably make their way to the Walnut unit, but if you can't wait then you will try the PH

avtpl

I've never noticed any wood-related aromas or flavors from either TM1 or TM2, except briefly after a fresh coat of beeswax.
I always feel the lightest woody fragrance, which increases with the heating of the device. It is especially distinguishable if you use some kind of plastic vaporizer for comparison. The difference in contrast is enormous. TM2 has the purest taste with a light woody fragrance

Only when new, all of mine are neutral and broke in quick, eventually the upgrades will probably make their way to the Walnut unit, but if you can't wait then you will try the PH
I also think that the updates will reach the regular version. But the question is when and how long to wait. If the deadlines were known, I would resell the PH to my friend and wait for the updated version. But it is unclear how long to wait

avtpl,

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
I'm worried about the following. Many sources indicate that Purpleheart can cause nausea and is unpleasant when processing this tree. I'm worried that when heated, the smell of this tree will either be unpleasant or even worse - it will cause nausea or pain. The usual Tiny Might 2 from a nut generally smells nice when heated, but what about the Purple Heart?? Who thinks what? Share your experience.

I did notice a smell when i just received it.
But maybe that was me (sensitivity or specific device) since most people don't mention it.
Here's my post about it:

https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/tinymight-tm-2.44563/post-1793248

The initial smell went away pretty fast. The first couple of days i found it pretty noticeable (even picked up a slight taste the first days, especially when empty) but like i said that completely went away.

Just sniffed my two devices to compare and i have to say that the PH now has "no smell at all" to me while i do pick up some woody tones when i sniff my walnut: around the intake holes (the body itself probably is "sealed off" from handling a lot) i detect a very subtle, not unpleasant woody scent...

So yeah: would not surprise me if you pick up some PH flavor/smell at first but in my case that went away completely pretty fast (I guess a week or so) so my advice would be to give it some time and not worry too fast.

Edit:

In the country where I live, I will not be able to use the warranty in case of any problems. I hope PH TM2 will not disappoint me with its reliability

I'm not expecting any problems to be clear but don't underestimate the customer service from TM. i think it was @gangababa that had a similar case recently: needed CS but could not send/receive the device. So they worked out a solution together and just send the replacement parts to fix the problem from a distance! So they do take care of you when in need!

Last edited:
Newbie to TM2..... Picked up the bundle from @VGOODIEZ With the SS dosing capsule, is this by design a bit loose? Got to thinking a pass through - isolated airpath would be more efficient. I used one of the o-rings from the kit, while it was too large to fit in the quartz tube. Was able to wedge it at the base and seal the capsule as to make it a pass through unit. Now that said, on #5, extracted a low temp BV quality flavor hit. was not large cloud per se, but was a gratifying first experience with the TM2.

So Guru's I ask.... Am I making up a "issue" ?
Would capsule use be best without creating a seal? ( I was thinking an O-ring 1/2 as thick might seal with ease)
Is there a capsule designed to be used with an O-ring or does not need one to seal?

Coming from a Pax 3 as my only portable.... I already have a big grin.
Thanks in advance.... :cheers:

Gorillaz7

Bern it Up or Bern it Down
Newbie to TM2..... Picked up the bundle from @VGOODIEZ With the SS dosing capsule, is this by design a bit loose? Got to thinking a pass through - isolated airpath would be more efficient. I used one of the o-rings from the kit, while it was too large to fit in the quartz tube. Was able to wedge it at the base and seal the capsule as to make it a pass through unit. Now that said, on #5, extracted a low temp BV quality flavor hit. was not large cloud per se, but was a gratifying first experience with the TM2.

So Guru's I ask.... Am I making up a "issue" ?
Would capsule use be best without creating a seal? ( I was thinking an O-ring 1/2 as thick might seal with ease)
Is there a capsule designed to be used with an O-ring or does not need one to seal?

Coming from a Pax 3 as my only portable.... I already have a big grin.
Thanks in advance.... :cheers:
Good Question! I was thinking the same, the capsules do not seal making you to inhale hot air!

Last edited:
I know reasonable people disagree, but I can't understand downgrading the TM experience with a dosing cap.
Good question.... again as a newbie to TM2 cant say I have experience. My thoughts presently are.... I am looking for a portable device. With the orientation of the heater, being upside down, it's gonna leak to the unit's screen.

Now first cap is cooked, time to try the WPA/Basket screen set up. :science:

Sandrider1962,
Top Bottom