TinyMight / TM 2

Momor

I've never used session mode. I just do 1 or 2 hits in on demand and I'm done.

I made a little dosing ring to stop spillage when loading and stirring.

Nice !
Straw sucking for loading is a quite clean loading technic and a lot of TM users found that stirring gives very little benefits :2c:
Are you saying you can get vapor at 2 and 3 dials?
I can get visible vapor even at 1 on the dial :2c:
My grind is super fine though.
It's certainly the culprit of your combustion events. You should try a coarser grind (less risks of combustion, better airflow and you may get better flavor too).

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
Lower temps plus a nice cooling stem really helps with throat irritation ime... I think higher level of "terps" and other secondary compounds also contribute to throat issues (i.e., the flower type/quality and grind). I've sometimes put my tongue to the roof of my mouth to reduce direct flow and found it can help with terpier flower. :2c:

Varden

As far as harshness goes, my other devices are more harsh than my TM2, but I use cooling ball stems exclusively with the TM2 so that makes sense. However, once in a while I'll get a strain that has a high terpene rating and that will seem slightly harsher to me, those ones also make me sneeze alot, lol. I don't mind it tho, they taste great usually.

Peese!

I get the sneezing sensation in the nose from time to time too. But it is not harshness on the throat or from the vapor, it smells like terpenes get in your nose and give you a light but somehow annoying sneezing sensation in the nose and it takes a few seconds too long to go away. I assumed that at low temps and pure convection, we are extracting the terpenes so cleanly that sometimes gets overwhelming in the nose.

I've had another person that used my TM2 often for a while get the same sensation on the nose.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The harshness of TM2 vapor is partially related to temp setting, but the biggest factor is stem choice. Stock stem at high temps = harsh. Longer stem with quartz cooling balls at high temps = smoother. WPA with bubbler at high temps = very smooth. But the base unit, the heater, is just a heater. There's nothing it can do on its own to condition the vapor.

Yes exactly, what made me really fall in love with the TM, was just using it with a plane open 18 WPA and basket screen, plus triple right angle OGB hook that I could hold all together in one hand, milking low temps, very smooth and tasty, such a great setup, now I have a U-turn stem from Good Vibes so all one piece similar effects, keeping TM upside down is comfortable for me and keeps things cleaner as I fully clear each hit of heat and vapor regardless... On demand mode, also starting even below level 1 with good herb! Medium grind would be ideal, yes more fine is going to be more harsh, although you will typically get more vapor... I found with short stems, even the stock cooling stem setup, especially upper level temp settings since I usually finish before 6 The sooner I would move up the harsher it would be so milking low temp settings, one hit at each tiny tiny turn of the dial, really helps me have a great experience maximizing vapor quality in particular :tup:

torres09

Straw sucking for loading is a quite clean loading technic and a lot of TM users found that stirring gives very little benefits
I notice the herb does not heat uniformly with the area closer to the heater being a little darker in some spots. I stir so I dont just reheat the same spots hit after hit.

torres09,

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
I notice the herb does not heat uniformly with the area closer to the heater being a little darker in some spots. I stir so I dont just reheat the same spots hit after hit.

Mine TM2 doesn't do that... at least on the settings I use (less than 7). Is your flower really dry maybe?

Photonic,

Varden

That's way too packed IMO. Try using the straw method: use the stem as a straw and suck the herb into the stem, then leave it as it comes, do not pack it any extra with your fingers. Thats how fluffy the herb should be. The hot air needs apace to go around the herb. It will stop that from happening.

torres09

I don't even pack it really however it compacts itself after each hit so that's another reason for stirring.

torres09,

Varden

I don't even pack it really however it compacts itself after each hit so that's another reason for stirring.
You might inhale like superman...

Jokes apart, maybe try grinding it not so fine so it can stay more fluffy? Not really sure, just a suggestion.

Varden,
Reactions: eyevape

zazaland

I jumped straight into DHV with a TM2, and it just ain't for me. It seems like vape products are not allowed on ebay. Are there any other sites that I can sell this TM2 on? I would like to sell online and not through some facebook meet up or something like that.

zazaland,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I've tried coarser grinds but I find finer gives me better extraction.

You can also control “extraction” by increasing the TEMP, and slowing your INHALE rate.

I understand some on a tight budget consider getting the most out of a load, and some are after a faster session, or really like their AVB really dark. Thankfully, I’m not seeking any of those conditions, but have no issues with folks “personal preferences”. However, experimenting with different grinds and techniques, can be fun and rewarding…. :)

torres09

However, experimenting with different grinds and techniques, can be fun and rewarding…. :)
Exactly! Everyone has different techniques that work for them and the default factory calibration appears to be all over the place...

I do prefer pulling massive rips through my bong.

Waiting for my bowl to arrive for more experimenting.

So I tried not stirring and there is a tiny bit of green still visible. I think I'll just stir the last hit from now. I like my abv dark.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I jumped straight into DHV with a TM2, and it just ain't for me. It seems like vape products are not allowed on ebay. Are there any other sites that I can sell this TM2 on? I would like to sell online and not through some facebook meet up or something like that.

Are you aware of the “Classified Section”, right here on FC?
FOUND HERE: https://fuckcombustion.com/forums/classifieds.29/

There are rules you should definitely read for posting and selling, located in the top of page, these are just a few:
  • You must be an actively contributing member with at least 60 days membership, 50 posts, and 25 "likes" received to create a thread in the Classifieds.
    • Exceptions will not be made as it would not be fair to everyone else.
    • The system checks for eligibility at 20 minutes past each hour.
    • Members who make low-content posts for the sake of increasing their post count may lose the privilege of using the Classifieds section.​
I’ve bought some devices, the seller was extremely honest, and told me there was a small scratch on the small LED screen, but it was just on the nearly invisible plastic screen shipping protector, peeled it off and it was like new!
However, many are hesitant to sell at an appropriate price point, and get less or no interest.

When I’m buying anything 2nd hand - USED, I already know the best price for the item when NEW. And when the asking price is too close to the price when NEW, I don’t bite. For example, someone selling a USED product for $100, that costs $120 NEW, personally I rather spend the extra $20 and get all the original items and accessories as well as warranty, and not take the risk that the product might have been abused, or is not functioning properly.

leanpubpackage

I think the stock short stem and CU is more than adequate at cooling the vapor, IMO. SS conducts heat better than glass does. I haven't felt compelled to buy and 3rd party stems. Vapor is cool, but I do notice more terp harshness as I get to higher temps. Also, you’ll feel the heat from back to back hits because the CU will be heat soaked at that point.

I also keep my bowl shallow and never stir

Momor

So I tried not stirring and there is a tiny bit of green still visible. I think I'll just stir the last hit from now. I like my abv dark.
I also like my ABV as dark as possible, filling my last draw to be on the edge of combustion 😅
You may now see that stirring before your last hit gives you almost nothing on that last hit so you possibly would just stop stirring ☺️

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
I understand that part, I was just asking for you to clarify a bit more how you use it, the temperatures where you find it rough, because I use a lot short stems with the TM2 and I'm curious about why your experience seems so different than mine. Also what type of short stem you use?
It's the hot dry air that bothers my throat, at all temperatures but a little less around 1-2. I have tried stock, a short dimpled and dimpled xl. Since i vape as much at home and outside i want short stems so I'm not interested in bigger setups.
When I use stems with my tm2 I try and inhale from the sides of my cheeks so that the air has to bounce off the walls of my mouth instead of hitting the back of my throat directly. I seem to be able to take bigger hits as the throat tickle doesn't come on as hard or fast.
Interesting will try this next time. I let my friend borrow my tm2 since i dont use it much. Thanks
Thanks for the advice! I just ordered a TM 2 Purple Edition! If the vapor is harsh, I will take advantage of the 14 days return window!
Congrats! It is a very nice vape, hope you enjoy it

Varden

It's the hot dry air that bothers my throat, at all temperatures but a little less around 1-2. I have tried stock, a short dimpled and dimpled xl. Since i vape as much at home and outside i want short stems so I'm not interested in bigger setups.

Try the model TMS04 from The Rogue Wax Works or the new balled "missile" stem from Tinymight themselves, if you have not tried yet.

I know the cooling unit is OK, like someone said above, is not horrible, but without the cooling unit is much better.

eyevape

@dude_de @Gorillaz7
To me the performance of the Tinymight (2) is all about the drawing style. The same temperature setting can be either smooth or harsh. And it can leave your ABV light green or dark brown, even scorched at higher settings. After about 2.5 years with my Tinymight I have a feeling that I have been using it wrong most of the time. It took a tall bong to find out how the vapor production exactly works in order to be able to handle it properly.

At the beginning of the drawing experience, you get thin vapor. But as you keep drawing, especially with increasing drawing strength, it suddenly pumps out MASSIVE clouds. It’s really from one second to the other. Natively used this vapor explosion often surprised me and I was never sure, if I’ll be coughing my dick off or not. It’s just SO much that the sheer volume kills you. Now with the big bong at least I’m aware of what’s coming.

Of course there’s no wrong way of using the Tinymight. Whatever fits your needs is right, period. But for me personally, bong use turned out to be the perfect (and only) way. It’s possible to go easy on the Tinymight hitting it native, but drawing one second too long or a little too hard will melt your face off. And temps lower than 6 don’t do it for me. So now I consider it as a face melter only and I finally love it. I’m using my Anvil and Venty all day long, and when it’s time to get seriously medicated, it’s Tinymight bong time.

I personally wouldn’t recommend the Tinymight to anyone who’s looking for a smooth experience. To me it’s just not made for that. It’s like driving a 400 hp Porsche at walking pace: Possible, but not enjoyable and definitely the wrong tool for the job. If you want it smooth, go for a Venty.

Last edited:

torres09

At the beginning of the drawing experience, you get thin vapor. But as you keep drawing, especially with increasing drawing strength, it suddenly pumps out MASSIVE clouds.
Yep. I've noticed exactly the same things when I first started playing around with my WPA after feeling underwhelmed with the stock stem/CU setup.

I can take equivalent hits with my 3dxl stem but it's just nice to look at the clouds rolling through my pipe.

torres09,
Reactions: eyevape

Gorillaz7

Bern it Up or Bern it Down
To me the performance of the Tinymight (2) is all about the So now I consider it as a face melter only and I finally love it. I’m using my Anvil and Venty all day long, and when it’s time to get seriously medicated, it’s Tinymight bong time.
Well, my Sunday-to-Thursday vape is the Dynavap, on the weekends knowing I can wake up late I use my Crafty+ and Dynavap together! If the TM 2 Purple Heart is too much for my lungs I eventually will get a water bng, I would rather not own one since I like keeping a low profile but there a lot of beautiful bongs out there!!

Top Bottom