TinyMight / TM 2

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Start a conversation with them. AFAIK They have said that the warranty won't be transferred to a second owner, but I expect they will charge you the flat repair fee, or offer you a discounted upgrade path. Only way to find out is to ask.

You could also try speaking with vgoodies since they are the main us distributor to my understanding.

highvaper

Did you have to buy another one or did the tinymight company replace it?

The retailer I bought it from replaced it with a new unit - i suspect it is possible to repair as i think all that happened is it got too hot and the dial/variable resistor just died so if you can get a similar one and solder it on as a replacement but no idea of what part to get or how easy that would actually be

highvaper,
Reactions: Cheebsy

badbee

The retailer I bought it from replaced it with a new unit - i suspect it is possible to repair as i think all that happened is it got too hot and the dial/variable resistor just died so if you can get a similar one and solder it on as a replacement but no idea of what part to get or how easy that would actually be
The soldering would be the easy part. The problem is that potentiometers are not a standardized part, there are ten thousand varieties and you would need to find one that not only had the correct resistance range but is of exactly the required size. Bigger companies won't sell parts but the Tinymight guy has on a few occasions, you could ask him. If you can't solder your local phone repair guy could probably do it.

gangababa

This is the tool I use to remove the tight bottom plate when disassembling the Tinymight.
An inexpensive plastic spatula, scrapper; I hold it in place alongside the TM (also in hand) and hit the (unseen) handle with my other palm or a suitable tool. Do this over something soft, not the tile floor seen, to avoid having the bottom plate fall to the ground.
20240602-105512.jpg

The plastic is soft enough to avoid damage to wood or metal; yet sturdy enough for the job.
We see the bezel. The backside is flat at that end.

Xenkishøtz

𝓣Ø𝓜𝓑𝓗Ø𝓤𝓢𝓔 𝓣𝓥
It's quite a hot evening here in the south of the UK, and after I finished a session and removed the battery for charging I noticed it was almost dangerously hot. Is this normal/safe? Like, the metal on the unit itself was almost painful-hot, but the battery was very warm.

Wat do, FC?

Xenkishøtz,

eyevape

It's quite a hot evening here in the south of the UK, and after I finished a session and removed the battery for charging I noticed it was almost dangerously hot. Is this normal/safe? Like, the metal on the unit itself was almost painful-hot, but the battery was very warm.

Wat do, FC?
The Tinymight can get quite hot after multiple or extended sessions. When I swap batteries within a session it’s always warm. That's normal behavior, I guess. But to be safe I’d try other batteries. If they don’t get as warm, dump the warm one. You don’t want to see a faulty battery going wild on your face 😶‍🌫️

Xenkishøtz

𝓣Ø𝓜𝓑𝓗Ø𝓤𝓢𝓔 𝓣𝓥
The Tinymight can get quite hot after multiple or extended sessions. When I swap batteries within a session it’s always warm. That's normal behavior, I guess. But to be safe I’d try other batteries. If they don’t get as warm, dump the warm one. You don’t want to see a faulty battery going wild on your face 😶‍🌫️
They all get as warm lol, I presume it's just a matter of being in a device that's actively heated. They're all legit Molicels though, so

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
As Torres already mentioned, your issue may lie in whether you're using session mode on a regular basis. I don't see it as a true session mode as the hot air doesn't pass through the herb unless your actively drawing, but it is continuously producing heat. I bought the TM2 for it's on-demand capabilities where your not constantly heating your herb. You only fire the heater when pressing the button, so it keeps the heat down on the whole unit. It also helps that I don't set my unit above 2 or 3.

Even from the first cold press, it only takes about 3 sec to get to temp for me.

Gorillaz7

Bern it Up or Bern it Down
As Torres already mentioned, your issue may lie in whether you're using session mode on a regular basis. I don't see it as a true session mode as the hot air doesn't pass through the herb unless your actively drawing, but it is continuously producing heat. I bought the TM2 for it's on-demand capabilities where your not constantly heating your herb. You only fire the heater when pressing the button, so it keeps the heat down on the whole unit. It also helps that I don't set my unit above 2 or 3.
Hello! I’ve been wanting to get the TinyMight 2, but some people say is too harsh on the throat! Are you saying you can get vapor at 2 and 3 dials?

Varden

The
Hello! I’ve been wanting to get the TinyMight 2, but some people say is too harsh on the throat! Are you saying you can get vapor at 2 and 3 dials?
TM2 is one of the smoothest battery portable there is, if not the most. I mostly use it at low temps (I usually start at 3) and it is smooth and very tasty.

The thing is, it has a very strong heater and if you put it at 8-9, just the amount of vapor you get can be overwhelming.

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
The

TM2 is one of the smoothest battery portable there is, if not the most. I mostly use it at low temps (I usually start at 3) and it is smooth and very tasty.

The thing is, it has a very strong heater and if you put it at 8-9, just the amount of vapor you get can be overwhelming.
I think it depends on the individual. I feel the tm2 is pretty harsh with any shorter / portable stem. Maybe 2 or 3 on the dial works, sometimes but I wouldn't call it the smoothest. It pushes a lot of dry hot air/ vapor and can be very irritating for many.

Varden

I think it depends on the individual. I feel the tm2 is pretty harsh with any shorter / portable stem. Maybe 2 or 3 on the dial works, sometimes but I wouldn't call it the smoothest. It pushes a lot of dry hot air/ vapor and can be very irritating for many.
Can you clarify, are you saying that at 2-3 it is smooth, sometimes or always, and not that smooth at higher temps? Even at higher temps I find the TM2 smoother than most vapes at higher temps.

Obviously you need proper cooling. At 2-3 you are fine with shorter stems. It is true you can not do that, or at least not for long, at higher temps.

In fact at r/vaporents there was a Mighty user complaining that he did not like the TM2 because it was too smooth and without the Bickle Tickle he did not know how much amount he was vaping which I found very funny.

I am always very surprised by people who think the TM2 is not smooth as it is one of the smoothest vapes I have tried.

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
Can you clarify, are you saying that at 2-3 it is smooth, sometimes or always, and not that smooth at higher temps? Even at higher temps I find the TM2 smoother than most vapes at higher temps.

Obviously you need proper cooling. At 2-3 you are fine with shorter stems. It is true you can not do that, or at least not for long, at higher temps.

In fact at r/vaporents there was a Mighty user complaining that he did not like the TM2 because it was too smooth and without the Bickle Tickle he did not know how much amount he was vaping which I found very funny.

I am always very surprised by people who think the TM2 is not smooth as it is one of the smoothest vapes I have tried.

Hi, I was writing about use with shorter more portable stems and tinymight has very open airpath and blast lots of hot air at the back of the throat with shorter stems. Maybe not a problem everyone has but I think some people have

Varden

Hi, I was writing about use with shorter more portable stems and tinymight has very open airpath and blast lots of hot air at the back of the throat with shorter stems. Maybe not a problem everyone has but I think some people have
I understand that part, I was just asking for you to clarify a bit more how you use it, the temperatures where you find it rough, because I use a lot short stems with the TM2 and I'm curious about why your experience seems so different than mine. Also what type of short stem you use?

Varden,

torres09

When I use stems with my tm2 I try and inhale from the sides of my cheeks so that the air has to bounce off the walls of my mouth instead of hitting the back of my throat directly. I seem to be able to take bigger hits as the throat tickle doesn't come on as hard or fast.

I'm using the dimpled 3dxl stem and usually do 3 hits. 1 at 3, 5 then 7.

I will occasionally combust on 7. Depends on the flower as well though. Some will not be as dry and need more heat.

Varden

When I use stems with my tm2 I try and inhale from the sides of my cheeks so that the air has to bounce off the walls of my mouth instead of hitting the back of my throat directly. I seem to be able to take bigger hits as the throat tickle doesn't come on as hard or fast.

I will occasionally combust on 7. Depends on the flower as well though. Some will not be as dry and need more heat.
You are the second person that mentions that you can combust at lower than 10 recently. I have never combusted with the TM2, not even at 8 or 9.

Is this at default factory temperature levels? Have you changed the temperature configuration at all? I wonder if there is a batch that came with higher temps or what, because I've never experienced these things.

Varden,
Reactions: MMJane

Rodney

when you are moving the dial from 3 to 5 to 7 you are moving the device around so some tiny particles get moved around around and end up on the heater and combust.

Rodney,

Gorillaz7

Bern it Up or Bern it Down
Thanks for the advice! I just ordered a TM 2 Purple Edition! If the vapor is harsh, I will take advantage of the 14 days return window!

Gorf

The harshness of TM2 vapor is partially related to temp setting, but the biggest factor is stem choice. Stock stem at high temps = harsh. Longer stem with quartz cooling balls at high temps = smoother. WPA with bubbler at high temps = very smooth. But the base unit, the heater, is just a heater. There's nothing it can do on its own to condition the vapor.

Varden

The harshness of TM2 vapor is partially related to temp setting, but the biggest factor is stem choice. Stock stem at high temps = harsh. Longer stem with quartz cooling balls at high temps = smoother. WPA with bubbler at high temps = very smooth. But the base unit, the heater, is just a heater. There's nothing it can do on its own to condition the vapor.
I have not used the cooling unit in more than a year so that makes sense. When I use a short stem, I use a glass dimpled stem. Honestly, the cooling unit is not the best decision they made, it affects the flavor, steals too much, it clogs quickly and is a pain to clean. Glad they saw reason and are going with the ball stems now.

Still puzzled about combustion at 7... It could be the fine grinding I guess.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Thanks for the advice! I just ordered a TM 2 Purple Edition! If the vapor is harsh, I will take advantage of the 14 days return window!
I guess harsh is in the eyes of the beholder. Probably depends on your herb, the heat setting, what you're using for stems, dry vs water, etc. I don't see the TM2 as a harsh vape compared to others I've used, but having mine set very low accomplishes several things. It keeps temps low, especially on-demand, gives great flavor and still gives great clouds. I don't like the included stems and use either a wpa with a Jhook or the rocket stem from sneaky Pete. My throat is sensitive to harsh vapor and my set up works very well. I have been setting mine at just below 2 on the dial and this works great for me. YMMV. Good luck!

kiddvudu2

The only time I've ever combusted with TM2 was early on in my ownership days, it happened once and I decided I probably packed it too tight. Ever since, I don't even tamp, just use my @Delta3DStudios filling funnel and scoop enough in to make it level with the rim of the stem. It really is a very nice device.

As far as harshness goes, my other devices are more harsh than my TM2, but I use cooling ball stems exclusively with the TM2 so that makes sense. However, once in a while I'll get a strain that has a high terpene rating and that will seem slightly harsher to me, those ones also make me sneeze alot, lol. I don't mind it tho, they taste great usually.

Peese!

Top Bottom