TinyMight / TM 2

dude_de

So, after having cured my VAS in February by buying a Venty, it seems that there may be no cure to VAS. So I ordered a Tinymight 2. Holy cow, this thing really is a mean little monster. Still love the Venty for leisurely sessions, but when I'm looking for fat rips on a bong, Tinymight is my new best friend.

I guess I now have all the devices I could ever need and will never need to buy another one. Great!

AndyO

So, after having cured my VAS in February by buying a Venty, it seems that there may be no cure to VAS. So I ordered a Tinymight 2. Holy cow, this thing really is a mean little monster. Still love the Venty for leisurely sessions, but when I'm looking for fat rips on a bong, Tinymight is my new best friend.

I guess I now have all the devices I could ever need and will never need to buy another one. Great!

Since getting one of Ed's wooden stems in my personal EOFY vape blowout, it's become my default on-the-go vape. It's not quite as convenient to use on the go as the Venty is, but I find the TM2 hits a bit harder, it suits my vaping style a little more, and I can medicate faster using the TM2, which can be an issue for me during the day. So I'm very happy with that convenience trade-off.

My TM2 is just under a year old, so still has the breakable glass bit inside it... but in terms of hardiness and durability? I guess it doesn't scare me as much as the Venty's E04 issues, especially when I live in a country currently enduring some legislative bullshit around vapes which means my Venty probably won't be replaced if it gets an E04.

At least with the TM2 I'm in control of it's fate/it's my fault I drop it and break it while I'm on the go. (That's notwithstanding the button issue, but touch wood I haven't had any sign of that.)

dude_de

it's become my default on-the-go vape. It's not quite as convenient to use on the go as the Venty is, but I find the TM2 hits a bit harder, it suits my vaping style a little more,
I'm still learning to tinymight without water and without coughing my balls off. I do like the titanium stem together with the cooling unit.

I've never thought about a wood stem, will have to look into that. But probably also a pain to get shipped to Germany.

My TM2 is just under a year old, so still has the breakable glass bit inside it
Mine also has the glass piece inside but I negotiated a discount. If I do manage to break it, yeah, then it would have been better to get the newer version. But I really see the TM2 staying at home most of the time.

dude_de,
Reactions: AndyO

dude_de

I've ordered some gimmicks from smoke6.com and I think I know where some of shops are getting their glass and other parts. Stems, hooks, globes, cubes, cooling units. They are of course in China, but shipping is very reasonable ($6 to Germany)

dude_de

gets so hot
There are leather sleeves for the TM2 that should help, but I'm not sure how the device feels about more heat being kept in the device.

I would avoid session mode as it needs to keep the heater hot the entire time. Without a water piece I only use on demand mode and do not have a problem. I guess my hands are less sensitive to heat than yours.

Warbird

Clarification question on the "calibration" procedure described in the TM2 manual in Appendix #2, "Changing the temperature range of the unit". The attached chart is my interpretation of the results of "calibration".

It appears "calibration" allows the entire range of temperatures to be adjusted up or down as follows. When the TM2 is at its Default (GREEN) setting, #1 on the dial equals 140 degrees C, as depicted in Appendix #1. And when “calibrated” 5 steps down (to BLUE), #1 on the dial equals 90 degrees C, and #5 on the dial would then be 130 degrees C.

This would great for those who need temperatures below 140C or above 250C.

Can anyone confirm or clarify this understanding?

Last edited:

Momor

Clarification question on the "calibration" procedure described in the TM2 manual in Appendix #2, "Changing the temperature range of the unit". The attached chart is my interpretation of the results of "calibration".

It appears "calibration" allows the entire range of temperatures to be adjusted up or down as follows. When the TM2 is at its Default (GREEN) setting, #1 on the dial equals 140 degrees C, as depicted in Appendix #1. And when “calibrated” 5 steps down (to BLUE), #1 on the dial equals 90 degrees C, and #5 on the dial would then be 130 degrees C.

This would great for those who need temperatures below 140C or above 250C.

Can anyone confirm or clarify this understanding?

You have 3 steps under and above the normal calibration, not 5.

Warbird

Here is what I hope will be the definitive answer regarding TM2 "calibration" as described in Appendix #2 of the TM2 manual. This comes straight from TinyMightVape Support and corresponds with what @Momor said above. The chart below defines these ranges.

There are seven (7) temperature ranges that can be selected using the procedure in Appendix #2 of the TM2 manual. The procedure explicitly describes how to get to ranges 1, 4, and 7 (my numbering), using the "Appendix #2 dial setting" of 0, 6, and 10 respectively. Range 4 is the default range the unit ships with. The other four ranges can be reached using the "Appendix #2 dial setting" of approximately 2, 4, 7.5, and 9 for ranges 2, 3, 5, and 6 respectively. Once set, the color of the range flashes briefly on startup.

I have set my TM2 to the BLUE range. I use a temperature setting of 2 (120C) which gives me no visible vapor, for a smooth volatile terpene only, sweet high. I am so happy to find a vape that can so consistently control temperature.

Last edited:

gangababa

Here is what I hope will be the definitive answer regarding TM2 "calibration" as described in Appendix #2 of the TM2 manual. This comes straight from TinyMightVape Support and corresponds with what @Momor said above. The chart below defines these ranges.

There are seven (7) temperature ranges that can be selected using the procedure in Appendix #2 of the TM2 manual. The procedure explicitly describes how to get to ranges 1, 4, and 7 (my numbering), using the "Appendix #2 dial setting" of 0, 6, and 10 respectively. Range 4 is the default range the unit ships with. The other four ranges can be reached using the "Appendix #2 dial setting" of approximately 2, 4, 7.5, and 9 for ranges 2, 3, 5, and 6 respectively. Once set, the color of the range flashes briefly on startup.

I have set my TM2 to the BLUE range. I use a temperature setting of 2 (120C) which gives me no visible vapor, for a smooth volatile terpene only, sweet high. I am so happy to find a vape that can so consistently control temperature.

OK, as previously I reset my TM2, following the TM directions, by selecting 5 (starting at six) to reduce my temperatures slightly.
By this chart, theoretically I am halfway between columns 3 & 4; temperatures from 135 to 215C.

gangababa,
Reactions: Vitolo

Warbird

OK, as previously I reset my TM2, following the TM directions, by selecting 5 (starting at six) to reduce my temperatures slightly.
By this chart, theoretically I am halfway between columns 3 & 4; temperatures from 135 to 215C.
There are only 7 distinct ranges, it is not continuous. You pick one of the seven in step #5 of the calibration procedure. While the unit is vibrating continuously, you pick one of the seven ranges by rotating the dial. As you do the color will change to one of the seven colors. Stop at the desired range/color, then press and hold the button (step #6) locking in that range. You can confirm the range you picked by noting the color of the first LED flash on startup. You will note that there is a 10 degrees Celsius temperature shift between each range.

Last edited:

Reez79

The temp dial used to stop at 10 but now it just keeps turning and turning and the tinymight keep combusting. I’m not even sure what the temp setting is anymore because it wouldn’t turn past 10 before. Now the temp is completely broke and it keep combusting. Any idea on how to fix this. I made a video here to show yall what I mean https://streamable.com/jz66vy

Last edited:

Warbird

The temp dial used to stop at 10 but now it just keeps turning and turning and the tinymight keep combusting. I’m not even sure what the temp setting is anymore because it wouldn’t turn past 10 before. Now the temp is completely broke and it keep combusting. Any idea on how to fix this. I made a video here to show yall what I mean
Mine turns all the way around too, and it works fine. Check the range it is set to (what is the first LED color on turn on)? Maybe re-calibrate it and set it to low, like 2. If its still combusting then the potentiometer may be broken. You could take it apart and verify the dial is still connected to the pot, but you may have to send it in for service.

Warbird,

Reez79

Mine turns all the way around too, and it works fine. Check the range it is set to (what is the first LED color on turn on)? Maybe re-calibrate it and set it to low, like 2. If its still combusting then the potentiometer may be broken. You could take it apart and verify the dial is still connected to the pot, but you may have to send it in for service.
Can you elaborate on what you mean by what is the first led color on turn on? Do you mean session or on demand mode? Both those modes still work or are you referring to when you first put the battery in the tinymight

Reez79,

Warbird

Can you elaborate on what you mean by what is the first led color on turn on? Do you mean session or on demand mode? Both those modes still work or are you referring to when you first put the battery in the tinymight
The TM2 LED displays two colors to indicate two different things on startup:
1. The currently set range color (one of seven listed in the range chart above).
2. The current state of charge of the battery.

For instance, if the TM2 is set to range 1(BLUE) and the battery is fully charged, you will see one very quick BLUE flash and then turn GREEN (the second color will flash or remain ON depending on weather it is started in ON-DEMAND or SESSION mode)

These flashes occur under the following scenarios:
- when you insert the battery
- when you turn the unit on
Note the first flash is very quick, you must be looking directly at the LED to see it flash.

Note: This is based on the behavior I experience, emails with tinymightvape.com support and my own research here and on Reddit, but I could be wrong :)

Last edited:

Fukaberg

longballsonly-500x500.png

Hi, Does anyone know the Inner Diameter of the Missile Stem (same as 12mm ID like the original stem? ) and diameter of the balls inside the Missile Stem? is it 6mm, 6.5mm or 7mm?

Last edited:
Fukaberg,

Petetbay

Hi, Does anyone know the Inner Diameter of the Missile Stem (same as 12mm ID like the original stem? ) and diameter of the balls inside the Missile Stem? is it 6mm, 6.5mm or 7mm?
If it matters mine is 11.9mm at both ends the TM rimmed basket screens and the Vgoodies glass mp both fit, the glass beads are 6mm.

Petetbay,
Reactions: Fukaberg

jadegrsx

If it matters mine is 11.9mm at both ends the TM rimmed basket screens and the Vgoodies glass mp both fit, the glass beads are 6mm.
Shit I ordered the rimless basket stems from vgoodiez with my tm2, should I have gotten rimmed ones for the missile stem?

jadegrsx,

ploooopp

So i had bad old batteries and for that reason I had calibrated my TM2 to be on the white level (10) now that I got new batteries that shit hits to hard even on heat lvl 2 so I went to caibrate it down, I went for blue level (4 i think) but when I turn the vape on it still flashes white before telling me the battery levels and it still hits like a train, any idea on whats going on?

Nevermind! Trying to do simple things when very high does have an effect on your cognitive function because I was just able to fix this lol

Last edited:

Reez79

The TM2 LED displays two colors to indicate two different things on startup:
1. The currently set range color (one of seven listed in the range chart above).
2. The current state of charge of the battery.

For instance, if the TM2 is set to range 1(BLUE) and the battery is fully charged, you will see one very quick BLUE flash and then turn GREEN (the second color will flash or remain ON depending on weather it is started in ON-DEMAND or SESSION mode)

These flashes occur under the following scenarios:
- when you insert the battery
- when you turn the unit on
Note the first flash is very quick, you must be looking directly at the LED to see it flash.

Note: This is based on the behavior I experience, emails with tinymightvape.com support and my own research here and on Reddit, but I could be wrong :)
Yea it’s actually the tinymight 1. I turned it down and now I’m not really getting any vapor at all. Again I don’t know what temp it’s actually on because the temp dial is broke.
If you can keep turning the temp like that then it’s broken - happened to my first one and had to get the whole tm2 replaced.
Damn this is bad news. Did you have to buy another one or did the tinymight company replace it? I live in the states and I bought this tinymight off the entexchange on discord. I was praying that it was some type of fix for the temp dial. Would I have to send it all the way to Finland or possibly buy a new one?

Top Bottom