TinyMight / TM 2

BubbleDrop

Not me, below 3 to below 7, typically. Only past that on occasion, and only to 8 if so... I also only take one hit at each setting (temp stepping --which could be a factor too??)
I usually start at 5 and finish at 6.5 or 7.
I never tried starting at 3, are you getting any vapor or is it just for the flavor ?

BubbleDrop,

mpaulc

For you folks who go at lower temps, are you doing so primarily for taste? I'd really love for someone to explain the benefits. I tend to use more like 7.5-9. Standard set-up, just the slightly longer tube. Like a lot of folks, I'm always shooting for the best bang-for-(too-little)buck, the best extraction and high.

On a side note, I'm very much still perfecting making cookies w. the AVB from the tinymight. Each attempt has gotten better, but I'd still call myself 0-3, as the cookies remain too weak. This most recent batch began w. 2/3 cup of AVB, plus a little bit of raw herb, all slooooowly cooked w butter for an hour or so. The cookies definitely do something, but still pretty mild.

Anyhow, happy to discuss cooking w. this stuff!, but mostly wanted to know why folks use the lower temps, beyond taste.

mpaulc,

scooterboy

Muppet, not moped.
For you folks who go at lower temps, are you doing so primarily for taste? I'd really love for someone to explain the benefits. I tend to use more like 7.5-9. Standard set-up, just the slightly longer tube. Like a lot of folks, I'm always shooting for the best bang-for-(too-little)buck, the best extraction and high.
I go with lower temps, but the primary reason is not taste - it's effect.

I find vaping at lower temps will give me a more "head buzz" (more alert, motivated, creative), and vaping at higher temps give more of a "body buzz" (more couchlock, sleepiness). So I'll stick with lower temps until a couple of hours before bed time, then step it up to get more sleepy. Of course the strain has a lot to do with effect, so I take that into account as well.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
But batteries in the TM get rather hot, which is why I think the vtc's get worn so quickly even mildly over run.

Oioioi, I would be alarmed if I found the cells in my TM become „rather hot“, I never have seen that. Even if I swap a cell right after a session it's mildly warm at best.

With my new cells (VTC6, purchased about 1½ months ago) I get about 8-10 sessions (~.15g / ~5 hits with the dial between 5-8).

jbm

With my new cells (VTC6, purchased about 1½ months ago) I get about 8-10 sessions (~.15g / ~5 hits with the dial between 5-8).
Then there's something seriously wrong with mine or you take the shortest hits imaginable. If I am lucky, and this has been the case since I got the device and my batteries were brand new, so it's not old batteries, I will get 8-10 hits tops from 2 buzzes (always between 6.0-7.5) and then once I am at 2 buzzes the device dies when I try to start another session. I will add that this is generally spread over 4 sessions of 2 to 4 hits each, often separated by hours. If I understand your post correctly you are saying you get ~40 hits from a battery.

I've got Molicel P26As coming from Liion and am hoping that they give better performance than the VTC6's. The TM is an outlier for me in terms of battery life; I run everything from Splinters to Milaanas to even the Airvape Legacy without having to swap cells nearly as much as I do for the TM.

jbm,

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I've got Molicel P26As coming from Liion and am hoping that they give better performance than the VTC6's. The TM is an outlier for me in terms of battery life; I run everything from Splinters to Milaanas to even the Airvape Legacy without having to swap cells nearly as much as I do for the TM.

I might not be in tune with cells as much as some of you but I personally dont notice a major difference between the VT6Cs and P26a across any of mine. Maybe run a touch hotter in my Milaanas but other than that they seem pretty similar.

For what its worth, I would say (my casual observations) none of my vapes noticeably hog more power than the others, and I rotate cells in no particular order what so ever. My comparisons being the TM to FW 7, Milaana 2 and 3... they all seem to drain comparably

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Then there's something seriously wrong with mine or you take the shortest hits imaginable.

That is actually the case – my hits tend to be in the 8-10 seconds range, which is probably a bit shorter than for most. However, I remember Sneaky Pete (who hits the TM quite a bit longer than I do) reporting to get about 30 hits per charge – it's hard to compare because not only hit lengths, but also dial setting, draw speed, pausing habits (I often space my hits by some minutes) and the used amounts of herbs can make a significant difference.

Ah found it – from Sneaky Petes review:

Screenshot_20210128_184102.png

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
If anyone with both a VTC6 & Molicel P26a, wants to do a fairly accurate test.

Make sure both are freshly charged to 4.2 volts, let them rest for 15 minutes after charge, and use the NEWEST ones too.
Run the TM in “sesh” mode, set it to #10, it should turn itself off, forgot the time limit (6-8 minutes?), but let it cool down, maybe 15 minutes, then run again, repeat sequence till device reaches its voltage cutoff and will no longer turn on.
Count the heat cycles. Be consistent. Repeat test for 2nd battery.

If both batteries are in a fairly new condition, any runtime differences should be apparent.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
@BrianTL I notice the P26As get the FW7 up to temp very fast when they’re fully charged, and they may last longer before the heating cycle gets really slow (compared to VTC6s). I’m not sure if/how this would be noticeable in the TM though.

That's probably the case, I think thats how its supposed to work anyway, looking at the numbers... I actually have noticed that in the FW too but I dont pay enough attention to say for sure with any certainty. The TM seems to be consistent with whatever battery I put in it.

For the TM, in my experience the most noticeable effect on heat up time and battery drain is cold ambient air. I know cold in general will zap any type of battery, but when I'm outside or in my non-heated/detached garage, it takes considerably more time to heat up, which isnt surprising, so that combined with general cold effects, the TM is a power hog.

I'm thinking because of the size of the heater... just like anything, a 1000 sq ft room takes a lot more energy to warm up than a 500 sq ft room. It's just so much more exaggerated when you're starting from 25 F

Edit: plus pulling in all of that cold air over such a large surface area will cool it that much faster, so again, cells working that much harder to keep a stable temp

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I usually start at 5 and finish at 6.5 or 7.
I never tried starting at 3, are you getting any vapor or is it just for the flavor ?

Plenty of vapor! It is typically only just flavor at like level 2 in my experience... I'll start closer to 4 if I want a faster session though (since I'm only taking one hit at each temp stepping setting)

Yes indeed its to milk the taste, but also the bowl, I only take one hit at each setting, as I said, so I like to start low to stretch out the session since the TM is such a fast extractor particularly on the upper temp settings... But in all my vapes, I am riding the low settings, and I'm always surprised by people who never try them out!

I'm always using my TM with RBT stems through glass j hook or other coolers though, and I never really go above 8 myself and typically finish below 7. there is not much left at those upper temps, when you take more hits at the lower temps btw

And yeah I also like the low temp effects, especially during the day, but also depending on the herbs I'm using, ideal is fresh fruity moist buds, so those I am always going to want to milk the low temp vapor for flavor as well as effects!

On a side note, I'm very much still perfecting making cookies w. the AVB from the tinymight. Each attempt has gotten better, but I'd still call myself 0-3, as the cookies remain too weak. This most recent batch began w. 2/3 cup of AVB, plus a little bit of raw herb, all slooooowly cooked w butter for an hour or so. The cookies definitely do something, but still pretty mild.

Anyhow, happy to discuss cooking w. this stuff!, but mostly wanted to know why folks use the lower temps, beyond taste.

There is actually a whole cooking section here in FC, take a look!

mpaulc

Plenty of vapor! It is typically only just flavor at like level 2 in my experience... I'll start closer to 4 if I want a faster session though (since I'm only taking one hit at each temp stepping setting)

Yes indeed its to milk the taste, but also the bowl, I only take one hit at each setting, as I said, so I like to start low to stretch out the session since the TM is such a fast extractor particularly on the upper temp settings... But in all my vapes, I am riding the low settings, and I'm always surprised by people who never try them out!

I'm always using my TM with RBT stems through glass j hook or other coolers though, and I never really go above 8 myself and typically finish below 7. there is not much left at those upper temps, when you take more hits at the lower temps btw

And yeah I also like the low temp effects, especially during the day, but also depending on the herbs I'm using, ideal is fresh fruity moist buds, so those I am always going to want to milk the low temp vapor for flavor as well as effects!

There is actually a whole cooking section here in FC, take a look!
Thanks for the great response. Hmmmm... I just tried lowering to 6, and I barely got any vapor at all. Not sure why. I feel the only responsible solution is to try again really really soon.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I am rarely looking to "stretch out the session" tho I can appreciate the interest in doing so. I am nearly always using a RBT shorty and a glass piece with water when at home. I do occasionally take a couple hits direct at 2 or 3 just for flavor before putting it on the water piece, but usually speed to buzz takes priority and I go direct to exhausting the goodness at a setting of 5. Because I am hitting it hard (on glass) I may get a ring of scorch after a couple hard hits, so I may do a stir before completing the bowl at 7 or so.
I do vary from this sometimes, especially when trying out a new strain, but this is how I usually use the TM. I have been very happy with it for the several months I have owned it, and while it is an excellent vape it is still just one of several I rotate through.

THeJokEr

Good luck obtaining one. It’s a lottery system that runs weeks apart. I want one too to compliment my awesome and superlative Tinymight. We’ll see. The time difference, day of week and my patience (minimal) are factors but the P80 is the only portable vape that has currently caught my eye. In the meantime, the Tinymight rules my roost for now. :peace:
Yes I hear its very difficult to get one but I will try. I got a email saying they were selling some a couple weeks ago but I didn't notice anything on the website that was different to obtain one. Good luck getting one.

THeJokEr,

Shit Snacks

Thanks for the great response. Hmmmm... I just tried lowering to 6, and I barely got any vapor at all. Not sure why. I feel the only responsible solution is to try again really really soon.

Hm that is indeed odd, six is pretty high for me, could be your unit is calibrated differently I suppose? Sure there are many other variables, good luck figuring it out!

– the lower you go, the more you will need a fluffy pack to allow the hot air to flow nicely through your herbs.

I'm not sure about this, honestly it seems to work with most anything, I have stuffed it in full, packed down a small bowl, fine ground medium ground coarse ground, TM handles it all fine regardless of the temp, though it does affect the vapor production and flavor etc as well as each individual herb strains consistency and my usage of course... So many fucking variables lol

I am rarely looking to "stretch out the session" tho I can appreciate the interest in doing so. I am nearly always using a RBT shorty and a glass piece with water when at home. I do occasionally take a couple hits direct at 2 or 3 just for flavor before putting it on the water piece, but usually speed to buzz takes priority and I go direct to exhausting the goodness at a setting of 5. Because I am hitting it hard (on glass) I may get a ring of scorch after a couple hard hits, so I may do a stir before completing the bowl at 7 or so.
I do vary from this sometimes, especially when trying out a new strain, but this is how I usually use the TM. I have been very happy with it for the several months I have owned it, and while it is an excellent vape it is still just one of several I rotate through.

Oh yeah that makes sense for your usage style, I will not go below five through water when I do that, usually those will be, a low temp hit upside down in the j hook to seat the load, then another at upper temp through the hydro tube right side up... Unless I am using my regular bubbler with the TM upside down, then of course that's not necessary, in that case I usually would put it in session mode to take a one-hitter bowl, but it's been a while actually...

ezpz

I do occasionally take a couple hits direct at 2 or 3 just for flavor before putting it on the water piece,

Wow! I just tried this. I didn't think of going low temp straight from the WPA. I might have to incorporate this into my routine.

I tried low temps before, but I didn't care for it. It could be because I tried it when I first got my TM with just the stock setup. So the CU probably robbed a lot of vapor.

Shit Snacks

Wow! I just tried this. I didn't think of going low temp straight from the WPA. I might have to incorporate this into my routine.

I tried low temps before, but I didn't care for it. It could be because I tried it when I first got my TM with just the stock setup. So the CU probably robbed a lot of vapor.

Yeah the CU affects things a lot of course, although when I first got mine I did use the lowest temps and got great taste and still some clouds regardless... Have not used my CU in almost a year now though LOL

mpaulc

Perhaps there's something to the idea that calibrations may vary. That's certainly a more friendly pill to swallow vs considering something might be wrong w. mine. Because on my unit, moving below 7 results in virtually zero vapor. Doesn't actually feel like I'm inhaling much either. Again, just using the standard gear.

Bazinga

Perhaps there's something to the idea that calibrations may vary. That's certainly a more friendly pill to swallow vs considering something might be wrong w. mine. Because on my unit, moving below 7 results in virtually zero vapor. Doesn't actually feel like I'm inhaling much either. Again, just using the standard gear.
Same issue I have.

LabPong

Did you open up the top and clean off the contact points...and add a shim under the battery strip? Your issue seems like the contact problem and can be solved easily if so. You just need a #15 star bit to loosen up the main screw.

Skinku

My unit has noticeably less oomph these days.
I do feel I need some fresh batteries as well but I have ordered a shiny T15 star screwdriver.
Will post when I pluck up the nerve.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Finally got a response after over a month from tinymight regarding the recalibration instructions to turn my second unit down 3 steps. However my adventures in tinymighting wasn't at a end yet! After sitting for a month I fired up my second tinymight to play around with the high temperature settings before I recalibrate but my first bowl lay's a terd, so I checked the avb and it was yellowish and tan. I emptied the bowl turned it off and on and tried again and it was fine, apparently I have a connection issue as well 🤬 I had the tinymight mostly dissembled and was all ready to unscrew when my pack of zigzags cought my eye, then the little man on the package started speaking to me.... "Surly your not considering disassembling your tinymight my friend? Reconsider, I'm begging you! You are high.....way to high!" . He may have been a hallucination but he was right! I was pretty high so I decided to heed his wise suggestion and waited till this morning for surgery.... latex Glove slap! All went well and without issue but it's going to be another few days of testing to see if it happens again, it craped the bed twice yesterday so if my fix is no good I'll probably know it pretty quickly fingers crossed, and also the recalibration went fine and temperature at max is where I want it.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Problem Free day of use but I want to put it through its paces one more day before handing it off. Good thing I got some cbd to help me diagnose , otherwise I'd be so high I might forget what color my avb is supposed to be 🤪 if I were competent enough to remember to look at the avb at all that is 😅 so now that she's shimed and reprogrammed hopefully she'll be a good girl now

Top Bottom