TinyMight / TM 2

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Tetra X is same heater as p80 but you screw it onto your own e cig mod.
Thanks! I don’t have an ECig mod so the P80 is for me (if ever).

Have you been dropping the cells in to damage the spring? I'm always super careful when I change them.
I had early on and I think the last time (months ago) did it in. I don’t drop them in any longer. I just don’t have anything handy to pry it up. A good local buddy is very handy, likes to fix things and has a TM too - in fact I bought mine new from him. I’ll be seeing him soon for a battery terminal fix (he can fix just about anything - and has lots of tools for the job too).

I’ve only used VTC6s based on early recommendations. New cells have yielded 5-6 bowls per full batt (2 sessions per bowl for me in average). Now maybe 3-4 bowls if that. All batts for all my vapes are labeled and used in rotation. My original VTC6s are definitely running out of steam after nearly 9 months of nearly daily TM use (a good problem to have, lol). Cheers. :peace:

Bifty

The batteries were purchased last May, at the same time that I bought the TM. I have older batteries than this which still work fine and deliver in box mods. You get 4-5 bowls per battery buzz, or per battery?
Ah sorry I misunderstood. That sounds about normal. Might get 6 bowls from a battery on a good day. When they're proper worn you get like 1-2 bowls per battery.

Bifty,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

ezpz

I have been using 3 Sony vtc6's in rotation since may. I used to get 6-8 bowls a battery but now it's like 4-5 bowls. When it gets to 2 buzzes, it will either cut out mid session, or give lackluster performance. So I'll just change battery when I feel 2 buzzes. Might be time to get new batteries soon.

I'm thinking of getting 3 more Sony vtc6's. Or Murata I think?
8 months of daily use of about 15-20 bowls a day is pretty good IMO. I'm also waiting on an Fw7, and I read the vtc6's fit.

Shit Snacks

I have been using 3 Sony vtc6's in rotation since may. I used to get 6-8 bowls a battery but now it's like 4-5 bowls. When it gets to 2 buzzes, it will either cut out mid session, or give lackluster performance. So I'll just change battery when I feel 2 buzzes. Might be time to get new batteries soon.

I'm thinking of getting 3 more Sony vtc6's. Or Murata I think?
8 months of daily use of about 15-20 bowls a day is pretty good IMO. I'm also waiting on an Fw7, and I read the vtc6's fit.

Yeah that is normal for them to degrade, and I feel like the VTC6 could degrade a little quicker, because it doesn't go quite as high with the amps because it has the higher mah capacity instead... Yes they do work really well in the FW7, fit and performance... As I said though I am seeing better performance in my TM with the molicell, if I get two buzz vibration, I can definitely get another bowl at least, the buzz notifications seem more accurate with the molicell vs the older VTC6 seems to fade faster.

@Bazinga we don't know the specs of that battery so I would not risk it, the amps are actually pretty low if I'm not mistaken, which is why the mah is so high (and pure conduction does not need high amps like pure convection does)

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Sony batteries have been a favorite target for FAKES. Make sure you only buy from TRUSTED sources. Battery “Mooch” has good vendor list. I like the Molicel batteries as they supposedly only sell to verified distributors, but I believe you will get the longest run time with the VTC6, as the TM is not a high amp draw. I tried the P26a, but went back to the VTC6.

Shit Snacks

Sony batteries have been a favorite target for FAKES. Make sure you only buy from TRUSTED sources. Battery “Mooch” has good vendor list. I like the Molicel batteries as they supposedly only sell to verified distributors, but I believe you will get the longest run time with the VTC6, as the TM is not a high amp draw. I tried the P26a, but went back to the VTC6.

Yeah I would need to try with a fresh new VTC6, to know for sure, but I used those instead to keep in a pair for splinter z ravage unfortunately... But doesn't the TM have high wattage? I thought for sure it does have a high amp draw, but nothing to back it up lol

Shit Snacks,

RustyOldNail

Would it be an issue if I used my IQ2 battery NCR18650GA - 3,500 Mah in my TM?

I’m using it in both my TM and IQ2, if you follow the IQ2 thread, I’ve asked the Davinci rep., for that “YDL”, Chinese 18650 data sheet, but nothing yet, doubt I’ll ever see it. I tested it at about 2880mAh, but I don’t have the temperature equipment to see how many amps it can deliver at a safe temperature.

Yeah I would need to try with a fresh new VTC6, to know for sure, but I used those instead to keep in a pair for splinter z ravage unfortunately... But doesn't the TM have high wattage? I thought for sure it does have a high amp draw, but nothing to back it up lol

I don’t believe the TM is a high amp device, that’s why he smartly included a VTC6 with the device. Now if you are running a mech mod, or like sub-ohm vaping, the P26a, is a solid choice. Look at the “Mooch” battery tests for both batteries, you’ll see the differences.

Bifty

I don’t believe the TM is a high amp device, that’s why he smartly included a VTC6 with the device. Now if you are running a mech mod, or like sub-ohm vaping, the P26a, is a solid choice. Look at the “Mooch” battery tests for both batteries, you’ll see the differences.
At full power, back of the napkin maths puts the tinymight at a 16.666a draw. So slightly over the capability of a Vtc6 (15a). But batteries in the TM get rather hot, which is why I think the vtc's get worn so quickly even mildly over run. It's best to give it a good bit of overhead in my opinion, no point scraping by on the specs, so I would recommend 20a or 25a cells only. I work in a vape shop and deal with lithium cells daily BTW 😎

RustyOldNail

At full power, back of the napkin maths puts the tinymight at a 16.666a draw. So slightly over the capability of a Vtc6 (15a). But batteries in the TM get rather hot, which is why I think the vtc's get worn so quickly even mildly over run. It's best to give it a good bit of overhead in my opinion, no point scraping by on the specs, so I would recommend 20a or 25a cells only. I work in a vape shop and deal with lithium cells daily BTW 😎

I’ll have to check the power draw, but I don’t run my unit that hot that often, perhaps why I get better run times then a higher amp battery with less amp hours.

RustyOldNail,

Bifty

I’ll have to check the power draw, but I don’t run my unit that hot that often, perhaps why I get better run times then a higher amp battery with less amp hours.
I never checked it with a meter I just did I=P/E, so with losses and inefficency etc it could be a bit more or less. Should get the clamp meter out actually...

current=power (70w) divided by voltage (4.2v) = 16.6666667a

That would definitely be my guess as to why!

Bifty,

RustyOldNail

I never checked it with a meter I just did I=P/E, so with losses and inefficency etc it could be a bit more or less. Should get the clamp meter out actually...

current=power (70w) divided by voltage (4.2v) = 16.6666667a

That would definitely be my guess as to why!

70 watts would be the max, and that VTC6 can go to 20amps when needed, but I’m not pushing it. Assuming the TM designer is smart, he could have included a less expensive high amp, low capacity battery, instead of the VTC6.

What are you going to “clamp” your meter on?

RustyOldNail,

ezpz

Thanks for the input. I use vtc6's for one reason. It came with the TM. 😀
Had the TM come with mollice, I'd be raving about that one instead. If the two batteries perform similarly well, and I can use them in both devices, then might as well keep everything uniform. That's just me. Not expert advice here.

ezpz,
Reactions: Cheebsy

RustyOldNail

Thanks for the input. I use vtc6's for one reason. It came with the TM. 😀
Had the TM come with mollice, I'd be raving about that one instead. If the two batteries perform similarly well, and I can use them in both devices, then might as well keep everything uniform. That's just me. Not expert advice here.

You certainly can use either, the run time is what will vary:
HIGH AMP = MORE Amps, LESS mAh or run time.
HIGH CAPACITY = LESS Amps, MORE mAh, runs longer.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: ezpz

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have a bunch of HG2s that I have been using with my RBT vapes and I find they work just fine with the TM, better actually than the Sony it came with. I haven't been keeping track of how many bowls I get or really any other objective measure other than a feel for how often I need to change them but they have been working fine for me.
I do intend to try the P26As next time just for shits and giggles...

Bifty

70 watts would be the max, and that VTC6 can go to 20amps when needed, but I’m not pushing it. Assuming the TM designer is smart, he could have included a less expensive high amp, low capacity battery, instead of the VTC6.

What are you going to “clamp” your meter on?
Yeah I'm not claiming to know better than the creator, just going off my own experience and quick maths. The VTC definitely wore out faster for me. Both the included one and the spare 2 which I bought from a reputable supplier.

The max continuous rating is 15a with no thermal controls in place. I would consider the tinymight a continuous load. Its not dangerous by any means but it doesn't seem healthy for the cells long term as far as my usage goes.

I'm hoping I can get a reading from around the battery, as the coil would throw the reading off I believe. Not sure if it would work though. Would be an iffy one.

Shit Snacks

Yeah the above from Biffy lines up with my experience is all, I know the differences, regardless my experience is that they are performing better in TM and TP80, neither are mech mod, they are regulated vapes that I think use high wattage and require high amps... That lines up with everything else I know, learning these batteries with unregulated Milaana before these. Again not very scientific, but I do feel like I am getting more bowls (more hits) more consistently with Molicell than I am or did with the VTC6 in my TM... For whatever that is worth? Which may not be much lol What I learned from I think @KeroZen first, was that if you are using a single cell powered device that requires high wattage for pure convection on demand vaping, then it should last and perform better with a higher amp cell.:2c::peace:

Last edited:

ezpz

😂 I went to order vtc6 batteries so when my new toy comes (Fw7), I can give it a proper intro with a fresh batt. Turns out P26a's are half the price of vtc6's. Funny sometimes how life decides for you.

@Shit Snacks
Just wanna make sure P26a's are good for Fw7 before I order. I know it's not the right thread to ask this but it's kinda relevant.
Edit: Nevermind..... found my answer.
TM rocks.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I suppose most of you are using the higher temperatures, I don’t go much above #7 to finish, so I’m drawing less watts.

Not me, below 3 to below 7, typically. Only past that on occasion, and only to 8 if so... I also only take one hit at each setting (temp stepping --which could be a factor too??)

Shit Snacks,

HighHeat

Dynavap M daily, Awaiting TinyMight
Hi all! Just ordered a few days ago and I've been researching a good amount, something I've not seen, What is the max bowl size with the short tube? How much can you get inthere without it cooking terribly unevenly or something. Also how's shipping speed been? Still once a month?

HighHeat,
Top Bottom