TinyMight / TM 2

PossumMD

2. What stem are you guys using? I see TM comes with a short stem, but there's also a long stem, anyone is using the longer one? I'm fine with shorts TBH.

I mainly used the short one when out and about, and the super long cooling one (the one with the spikes in the air path instead of the Cu) regular ish at home. Haven't touched the middle length ones I got, they're still in bubble wrap.

PossumMD,
Reactions: Vaporific

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Hey don't drop the battery into the device like vapecritic....

This is a *very good* advice! Instead of dropping the cell like a bomb one should hold the device horizontally and slide the battery into its compartment. That way the contacts stay in a good mood and will cooperate considerably longer.

What I also see a lot is TMs with the lid not fully closed (looking at @ohmygodimsohigh :-) ) which compromises the health of the contacts as well, especially when the device is dropped or shaking in your bag. It is possible to fully close the lid without tools and even without proper fingernails; I'm using the grip of my fingerprints while pushing down and twisting it with index and middle finger and firmly holding the device with the other hand until it's flush. Works both for opening and closing. Might need a little practice to „get it“, but it's actually very easy once you do. I recommend trying it with the stem removed first.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I mainly used the short one when out and about, and the super long cooling one (the one with the spikes in the air path instead of the Cu) regular ish at home. Haven't touched the middle length ones I got, they're still in bubble wrap.

Not sure what you talk about but I'm just thinking about order an extra 2 stems and I wonder if I should get anything other than the short one. So out and about you use the short one but home you'll opt for the longer one then?

m0sh,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I’ve yet to use the long stem that came complimentary with my Tinymight. Short stem suits me fine and I’ve since ordered and received a second short stem and cooling unit to have as a backup and when I’m cleaning the first. I clean both every two weeks or so.

ALSO, received my red CU orings from a second different eBay vendor and very mixed results. The first few I tried didn’t fit properly and the CU slides down the stem easily. A couple were a bit better and not as much slide but definitely loose. Both orders while nominal cost-wise we’re recommend by a couple different folks on here too. Beside getting them directly from Ville, can anyone recommend ones that consistently work? I know these are cheap and there’s tolerance with them as well as with the stock stems. Is it really trial-and-error at this point? The original ones from Ville simply fit better and a tad thicker. It’s a bit head scratching I can’t get the right ones to fit :hmm::peace:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@Vaporific – I have mixed results even with the original (clear) o rings, but have found that often instead of swapping the seemingly failing ones with completely new ones just swapping them with each other (the one that sits on top with the one that sits in the middle) will lead to success. Don't ask me why, but I also think that slight variations in the glass tube make things a little less consistent than we would like to see.

Siebter,

m0sh

I’ve yet to use the long stem that came complimentary with my Tinymight. Short stem suits me fine and I’ve since ordered and received a second short stem and cooling unit to have as a backup and when I’m cleaning the first. I clean both every two weeks or so.

ALSO, received my red CU orings from a second different eBay vendor and very mixed results. The first few I tried didn’t fit properly and the CU slides down the stem easily. A couple were a bit better and not as much slide but definitely loose. Both orders while nominal cost-wise we’re recommend by a couple different folks on here too. Beside getting them directly from Ville, can anyone recommend ones that consistently work? I know these are cheap and there’s tolerance with them as well as with the stock stems. Is it really trial-and-error at this point? The original ones from Ville simply fit better and a tad thicker. It’s a bit head scratching I can’t get the right ones to fit :hmm::peace:

Interesting, I guess I will get 2 extra short stems... :D
I figure with a WPA, I can use it as a long one if I really need it or just use a WP for other than short...

Bazinga

Having difficulty in installing new o ring closest to the oven screen. Just unable to get it to fit flush. I've been using the TM without it and it seems to work just fine. Is this okay?

Bazinga,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@Bazinga – I don't think using only one o ring is a problem, it should provide enough seal too. If it works, it probably works. (Edit: referring to the cooling units o rings, right?)

However, I manage to make the o rings sit flush by kind of rolling it into the groove, thus untwisting it carefully (which might be the reason for your issues).

Siebter,

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
Thanks man! I'm going to buy VTC6 then, I can get it here, not as cheap as in NA, but still, good enough.

Only few questions are left for me.

1. The glass screen WPA, how much can you pack in a bowl? I might end up getting both WPA, just like @LabPong.
2. What stem are you guys using? I see TM comes with a short stem, but there's also a long stem, anyone is using the longer one? I'm fine with shorts TBH.
Mine may be the less popular opinion, but I use the long stem regularly. I find that it is cooler on my lips toward the end of a session. TM comes with the short stem, so i'd recommend at least 1 long one.

1e0acdc0b2052571948d1df073102bf1.jpg

Vaporific

Interesting, I guess I will get 2 extra short stems... :D
I figure with a WPA, I can use it as a long one if I really need it or just use a WP for other than short...
My short stem rarely gets hot for me so I’m sticking with them. One of these days for kicks I’ll christen the long stem but the short one with cooling unit suits me fine. I’ve used my TM once recently with a newly acquired universal WPA from Delta3DStudios and my basic glass rig. Worked fine and something a bit different for me for a change. Not sure a long stem would be noticeably different for me yet experimentation is the name of the game. The TM is versatile in so many ways there’s an optimal one (or two) for everyone. Cheers. :peace:

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Just to throw a spanner in the works, I never use my short stem. I am a high temp user and I also find the short stem a little hot at the end of a session. I'll happily swap my short for someone's long tbh.

Vaporific

A Delta3DStudios WPA for TM sounds awesome...I'd like that, but I'll have to pay quite much for shipping.

I'm going to order a TM today, the hell with it!
Hasn’t realized you’re not in the US. I’m sure you can find something similar closer to you. Sneaky Pete has them too, several others too likely. The universal WPA is something I didn’t have and I wanted something easy and flexible (not physically/pliably but that can’t hurt either). I seldom use it but good to have in hand. I mostly use my portable vapes portably and natively anyway. Cheers. :peace:

Vaporific,

72pac

No, just use a partially unbent paperclip down the battery slot to "fish up" the battery terminal. Don't pull it too far, though. You just need to pry it up a bit to be back in business.

:peace:

This is good advice. I didn't haver a paperclip handy so I undid the torx screw and was able to access the battery spring from the bottom and get a small screwdriver to prise it back up.

DON'T DO THIS!

I reassembled it and it didn't work. I took it completely apart, including removing the circuit board from the heater and put it carefully back together again and then it worked.

Does anyone know what the little cylindrical doodad with the gold leaf spring contacts which lives on the bottom metal plate?

androponic

vaped.
This is good advice. I didn't haver a paperclip handy so I undid the torx screw and was able to access the battery spring from the bottom and get a small screwdriver to prise it back up.

DON'T DO THIS!

I reassembled it and it didn't work. I took it completely apart, including removing the circuit board from the heater and put it carefully back together again and then it worked.

Does anyone know what the little cylindrical doodad with the gold leaf spring contacts which lives on the bottom metal plate?
maybe the haptic feedback vibration motor?

androponic,
Reactions: Siebter

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@Skinku – Hm. I don't do many sessions on 10, but I did some and always pack my load to the brim, yet never combusted. Just as a little tip: combustion accidents with the TM are mostly linked to drawing prior to the buzz announcing the set temperature being reached, so you might want to take a closer look at that. Starting to draw too soon will puzzle the temperature sensor, thus leading to an overheating coil. This could happen even with lower temps.

Last edited:

Skinku

Yup, I am aware of respectIng the buzz and drawing after and I avoid 10 as I assume that is for concentrates.
That is why I was surprised.
My eyebrows raised.
It may have been a brain fart but I am fairly rigorous.
Never mind, roll up the trousers and carry on as my Dad never once said.

Skinku,
Reactions: Siebter

m0sh

So, I ordered one with a lot of spare parts and both WPA :) 150USD worth of stuff haha :D
I can't wait.

Ooompfh.
Combusted on 9, 10s inhale at the end of a load.
I think the load was too close to the end of the stem, guessing a pinky push is a good habit from now on.
Only a week off the pipe so it was a surprise and unpleasant at that.
This mod is something else.

I'm reading now on site that the max temp is 240C. Combustion starts at 236C, so I wouldn't try 10 TBH, I guess 9 is also closer?
I like vaping at 200-210 tops, is that like the 7-8 heat settings?

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@m0sh – Those temps are most likely referring to the temp on the coil, which is not necessarily the temp in the chamber, otherwise it would indeed combust much more often. Setting the temps via the dial works very intuitively, just follow the manuals recommendation to start your first session at 6 (= nice middle ground) and find your favorite settings from there. Good luck waiting for your TM!

PossumMD

Not sure what you talk about but I'm just thinking about order an extra 2 stems and I wonder if I should get anything other than the short one. So out and about you use the short one but home you'll opt for the longer one then?
There's three sizes of stem. I don't use the "normal" long one, just the long one wkth integrated cooling.

PossumMD,

Cannaisseur

Has anyone else had no luck with contacting Tinymight? I placed an order for some accessories about two months ago...the WPA came after a couple weeks, but the o-rings and extra stems were not included. I've emailed them twice now to try and resolve the issue, with no reply except the automated email that arrives immediately saying it may take them a while to respond...well, 6+ weeks is pretty ridiculous. In my last message about a week ago I said I will be forced to contact my credit card company if they don't reply...crickets so far.

On a separate note I LOVE THE TINYMIGHT!!! Compact + Powerful + My Style in terms of looks, and pretty smooth. Also, no annoying apps to deal with and you can change the temp easily with the dial (why don't more vapes use a dial??).

Top Bottom