• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Timber Elite by Vapwood

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Lol @Monk Debate , I was gonna say , I hope you mean it’s cool without the water :lol:

Well my Lil’Bud Elite has been taking swimming lessons these past 2 days , it can only mean two things ; @P.A.M. Must have a Timber Elite on the way for him to put his LBE under water & I’ll have to share with you guys real soon and let you in on 1 of his swimming lessons :nod: As Monk says , it is cool , and very cool and smooth under water .

Herr’s The LBE awaiting me to make some bubbles :sherlock:
DC224-C81-38-AB-4-B77-A2-C9-7-C5-EA04-F8-DC0.jpg

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Hello Boys and Girls...
Having work done on your house is hard, but still got a lot done. I got 10 coils formed, completely from scratch to finish in about 3.5 hours (210 minutes). That's about 20 minutes per coil. In addition, I installed 3 of those coils into pre-assembled Timbers. The other 7 will find their way into Timbers and LB's. The Timber design allows me to get the full coil installation done at this stage, once the top and bottom are coupled together, they never have to be dis-assembled. I can bring the unit to full cosmetic finish before final assembly, with the coil installed. Very nice feature. The tops and bottoms should universally fit, until shaped and sanded together. Now that specs are set, I should be able to mix and match the tops and bottoms at any time until pre-assembled.

It's a pleasure to see the project come together like this. I said it would take 10 builds with the new specs before I could relax about the Timber design, and I think I'm just about there. I truly love this build, specifically the simplicity of the design, and how far I can push the quality envelope.

@P.A.M. nice little pool party!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Hard works does pay off. 5 more Timbers join the ranks of pre-assembly. A few more and full assemblies will start. What's so cool about the Timber process is the coils are already installed, safe and sound in their wooden, ss lined housing. You can see this new batch of walnut has some real grain potential. The unit on the right is in the shadows, but the grain pops. Here's a nice comparison of the two versions of Black n' Tan as well. Timbers stock has gone up (pun intended), and I'm going to open the September batch for Timber Elites only. I can get in a couple more and still make the mid September deadline without a problem.

20190906-170305.jpg

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Much needed day out of the shop. Hands hurt, back hurts, neck hurts. I'll be in Queens for a few hours, talking to people about fire safety - nice change. Seems like my whole life is about effing combustion. Back at Timber building tomorrow. I just realized, I never really get a day off.

With coils installed, it's all about the DNA 75C and cover plates. I always have rough cover plates cut. I like to stay ahead of this. When I make cover plates, I make lots and lots. Lots of small, fast cuts that need to be highly accurate. But like I said, they just need to be sanded / filed / cut to size and fit into each unit. Working hard on getting this fit makes a big difference in cosmetics, and it is worth the time. I usually create some special sandpaper files out of wood and sandpaper that I cut to exact shape / size for the screen hole. The USB is small and more of a challenge to not over do it. Button holes are easy, as they're just opened up a bit with a round file or sandpaper. Once the cover plates are fit and paired with boards, assembly is very quick, as most of the work has been done. That should happen on remaining Timbers over the next few days. A few LB's to final assemble, then it's ship time.

My wife thinks I work too hard for not enough profit. Building all day, every day, working another part time job when I'm not in the shop, dealing with customers, keeping inventory stocked, trying to get my products out there. I am anything but retired, and it's gonna stay that way, because I love what I do. This *epiphany* is something I've known all along, but now the wifey knows too. Long live Vapwood!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Good evening all, thought I'd share a bit of good news on FC - just found out our breeder has a Boston Terrier pup for us, 6 month old Chilly, a beautiful baby boy. We've been watching this little guy on social media for months, and our breeder decided to not use him as a show dog because of a minor issue (non health related). That's how I got my first Boston 17 years ago. Reddy, even though I miss you and will never really replace you, there is an empty spot on our home that really needs filling. I will have to drive down to Baltimore to pick him up, hoping in a week or so.
8098.jpg

DirtyD

So neat watching all this evolve Mike! Cool for me and us to see how far all has come. Keep up the great work, love watching the progress!! Cheers! D.

DirtyD,
Reactions: Bravesst

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Chilly dog ! What a handsome fellow !!

Im happy for Mrs. Vapwood and you, Mike , I’m looking forward to hearing you are taking the road to pick him up ! He doesn’t know it yet but he will be spoiled with care and love by you guys. I know he will bring joy to your hearts . Reddy will always live and be in your heart, Chilly will help you remember him on more positive notes .

:bigleaf:

Update : Pool Party!

Utilizing the Lil’ Bud Elite by Vapwood.com with a d-020 glass water rig à la bong style .

3rd video of a ongoing series of videos, demonstrating how the “LBE” performs with water at different watts/temperature starting point.

To be continued in LBE D-020 Pool Party Part 4! Get your Chilly On

A

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Gonna get in the shop early this morning and bang out some Timbers. When it's time for final assemblies, I'm going to harvest boards and buttons ($80 value) from my two never used Tall Boys (on sale at $200) to build two new units. Tall Boys are only 3/8" taller. That might happen today. It breaks my heart to disassemble a fully functional unit, but if I can't sell it in that format, I can easily harvest the board and buttons for use in a brand new unit.

Today is cover plate to board pairing day. Fine, fussy work, but it makes all the difference to a finished product. I need to assemble five more Timbers, then two Classics, before we're ready to go postal.

Timbers on sale at $259 without code.

Bravesst,
Reactions: DirtyD

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Kicked ass in the shop. 5 cover plates paired, and 2 more final assemblies completed, 3 to go. The two assemblies went really well, all the prep work really pays off. I'll get the other 3 done tomorrow, and maybe even a Classic or two. The Elite has lots of small parts, screws, etc. Final assembly calls for nine #0 screws that are hard to even pick up, let alone drill for and screw into. I'm soldering to circuit boards so WTF, lots of eye and neck strain goes with the territory.

I'm gonna get the light box out before shipping and do the Timber justice. The walnut units are looking especially ridiculous. Anyone still interested in the Tall Boy Timbers, they are $200 plus shipping, and pretty much exactly the same as the newer models except 3/8 taller, rounded corner cover plates (some of the 5 5/8" have rounded plates), and two slightly larger vent holes (centered) vs four. Both are cherry bodies and walnut ovens. Performance wise, in the testing I've done, they're identical to all Timbers. All soldered connections from coil to board makes a difference, as does the isolated oven from the battery and electronics.

@sickmanfraud , and others who've asked, sorry for the grainy pic, but it shows the size difference and vent holes.
20190908-153928.jpg

elykpeace

exVASted
Really want to pull the trigger on a tall boy @P.A.M. when you had the elite through water any indication it shouldn't be held upside down and heated? @Bravesst should we be worried about using these coils upside down?

elykpeace,
Reactions: P.A.M.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
-Utilizing the LBE with D-020 water rig à la bong style .

2nd video of a ongoing series of video demonstrating how the LBE performs under water at different temperatures/ wattage.

To be continued in ... LBE d-020 Part 4 : Get your Chilly on

this video (part 2) preludes the previously released Part 3.

@elykpeace , no worries my man , they are built to last :tup: I’ve used my Classic many times with water as well.

... part 1 will follow ! Haha I can only upload one at a time and started with part 3 :lol:

P.A.M.,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
No problem upside down @elykpeace, works right side up, up side down, sideways, and inside out... okay, maybe not inside out.

I'm looking at 12 finalized beauties including 2 Tall Boys. Most are spoken for, but I do have a couple unspoken for Timber Elites (I built a 2 extra). Sale price is $259 (bare bones). I'm working tomorrow and Thursday in the city, and Wednesday is 9/11. Looks like I can upload software / test over the next few days, and hopefully be able to pack up and ship by the end of the week.

20190909-171935.jpg

20190909-172054.jpg

20190909-172135.jpg

20190909-172318.jpg

20190909-172356.jpg

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@Alan made an observation, Timber is starting to look very consistent, and if you're a builder, that's the best compliment of all. Let's get this bad boy out there. I can add a couple more orders to September's batch (units already built). Already on sale at $259, I'll throw in a bonus 5% coupon code: TALKINGTIMBER

20190909-172356.jpg

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Anyone know the OD of the glass inserts that come with the stems, are they 10mm ?
ID on that standard tube is 12 mm. Once used without glass, it'll have to be cleaned well to get the tube in. Brand new it should slide right in (that's what she said).

These two will be headed north, and the first Timbers to cross the boarder into Canada. Both are one of a kind designs, and two of the best looking units I've built to date.
20190911-132428.jpg

Easywider

Simple is the way
ID on that standard tube is 12 mm. Once used without glass, it'll have to be cleaned well to get the tube in. Brand new it should slide right in (that's what she said).

These two will be headed north, and the first Timbers to cross the boarder into Canada. Both are one of a kind designs, and two of the best looking units I've built to date.
20190911-132428.jpg

Thanks for the info, I wish I was one of those 2 lucky Canucks, Those units are gorgeous !

Easywider,
Reactions: P.A.M.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Just found out no work tomorrow, so back in the shop, this will ensure a Friday shipping. Got 2 of my 3 Classics built, but on was made for a one inch coil, and all my coils are currently mounted on a 7/8 disc. I'll form one tomorrow and finish the build. After assembling 2 Classics, I realized how far my skills have come. The Classic is a simple build, especially once the woodworking is done, and thankfully I can still fly through my Classic assemblies. So now there are 4 fully assembled Timbers, as well as another half dozen pre-assemblies, to add October's inventory.

Let's start the dry / grind debate one more time...
The lamp I use has a 60 watt bulb. I've always just placed a nugget or two in a small bowl under the bulb, and in usually 20 to 30 minutes, I could crumble by hand. Grinding was almost unnecessary. Over the last year or so, I can't seem to find 60 watt bulbs that are hot enough to do that. I can dry, but not super dry, and it takes much longer. I notice the difference in grinding. This led to an electric grinder, which has a tendency to over grind and make it too easy to tamp too tight causing draw restriction. I went back to the hand shredder, but I've also purchased a heat bulb, actually 75 watt infrared for reptile cages. It's no doubt hotter, and will dry my bud out without a problem in 20 or 30 minutes. This was a record hot humid summer on Long Island, but I do store with Boveda 58 (thanks for the tip). Bottom line, without the hot bulb I'd occasionally have to rush things and definitely noticed the difference when I did. I had to fuss around a bit more to get the consistency I'd grown to expect with less moisture in the weed. Maybe it's a New York thing, maybe my weed isn't cured enough. The quality is quite high, but water is heavy, and there really is not incentive for a lower level seller to make sure it's super dry. I also need to mention that the main difference is in smoothness of vapor, and for me that's everything, because harshness will limit my sessions.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Lol , I don’t think it’s much of a debate , perhaps it’s more something that deserves its own thread if not one axed on that subject already :)

Correct me if I’m wrong but your “dry and grind” technique is for your pure personal preference to get end results you personal feel are better or make a different with any vapes that you use , not just the vapes that you build.

I think it’s important to highlight that because in some ways your emphasis on the subject or your technique has in the past made people question the LB’s abilities to vape herb that is not dried your way. I’d hate for you to lose sales, potential clients or people’s interest over that.

But yeah , the dryer the weed the easier it is to vape . Vapwood vaporizers handle most people’s typical dry and grind very well as shared by many Vapwood vape owners and users on this forum and more.

:bigleaf:

P.A.M.,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I see your point, but and I don't want anybody to underestimate our products. If you have sensitive lungs, throat, like I do, smoothing things out as much as possible is the goal. I know steam is hot and harsh. If there is water left in the product, some water (steam) may be in the vapor.

When fighting a building fire, hose lines direct massive amounts of water to absorb the heat and extinguish fire, but before conditions get better the air turns to steam and everything gets worse. The air gets hotter, harsher, more penetrating of your protective equipment. I feel this is kinda the same thing. The faster you get the H2O out of the way, the smoother it is. The vape will function well either way, and in the end it's a matter of choice. I don't mean to imply that this is a requirement vs a simple option. I love prepping herb, so for me it's no big deal.

Surprise shop day today will be put to good use. I'll get my September batch packed up, and tomorrow looks like shipping. This is the last chance to get in on tomorrow's shipping for either website sale or a discounted Tall Boy.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I've got all domestic orders labeled and packed up, including a repair. The pair of Canadians and one New Zealander will be packed up later today for an early morning trip to the post office. I'm happy to say Vapwood is up to date. I always get a real sense of satisfaction when I pack up and ship, but especially now with the consistency of the Timber build. Very excited to put Timber in many hands!

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
The Timber Elites are looking very good @Bravesst
There are going to be some very happy people. The Elite address so many issues w/ portable units. It is as advanced technically as it is beautiful. It is no wonder more people are starting to discover how good it can be.

Have been experimenting w/ glass inserts for the wooden roasting tubes. I cut three small slits near the closed end of a 12mm test tube before flame polishing. The idea is to draw the air coming through the basket screen toward the outside edges for a more even roast. The hot air hitting the closed end of the glass tube removes some heat for a smoother hit. Most of the debris that does get through the screen gets caught on the end of the tube so the vapor is cleaner coming through the glass tube. I have also placed some hemp fiber in the open end of the tube to act as a filter. A 10mm basket screen holds the hemp fiber in place. It is working well so far.

slitglass12mm.jpg

Here is how it looks from the end.

slitglass12mmend.jpg

Have only made a couple of prototypes, but may need to make some more.

Spare cherry, walnut, or maple wood roasting tubes are available for $20 w/ includes four 12mm ss basket screens. The tubes are plain, but also affordable. My email is alan@toasty-top.com
Custom wood roasting tubes are also available for a bit more depending upon the wood type.
The wooden roasting tubes fit the Elite so precisely since I make them using a precision metal turning lathe to cut the taper to the perfect angle every time. That is also how I can make them reasonably priced.

12mm and 10mm glass insert tubes are $5 each.

Happy roasting

Top Bottom