Discontinued The Timber Elite by Vapwood

david8613

I like the idea of using the storz and bickle dosing capsules, with my mighty, I love using the loading kit and load up 40 caps in ten minutes, ready to go, so convenient.

Last edited:
david8613,
Reactions: Easywider

nonbeliever

Received mine! Initial first impressions:
-smaller than i expected. Not sure which size mine is

-free flowing - I normally use a diy beaded glass stem with my others vapes and this thing flows much freer. I am curious though if there is a way to use some of my glass beads ☺️

So far really digging this. It reminds me a lot of my grasshopper. Except it isn’t burning my throat. My one gripe is I can’t figure out the modes on the mod. My only ask is an explanation for the pros and cons for the different modes, of even their purpose. This is my first mod based vape and I think this will become a daily user as soon as I figure out the modes.

Looking forward to sharing more as I get used to it. Thank you for an awesome vape!

@Mr. Me2 : loading is simple. Put some flower in the oven end of the roasting tube. I usually just pour some ground flower into it and tamp lightly with a finger. I know @P.A.M. uses the inhalation method... http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-elite-by-vapwood.34524/page-46#post-1407768

Congrats @funkyhomer. Does it have two airs holes per side or one? I think the tall boys all had one.

Someone had posted a while back (maybe @madhockeydad?) that they had put glass beads in the mouthpiece side of the roasting tube, and then inverted a screen over them so you wouldn’t inhale them or have them fall out...

I got this (actually, originally the classic) because of my grasshopper. I wanted a convection vape that was reliable (I was an early supporter of their indiegogo campaign..). I also notice the same thing, it is definitely less harsh than the short path of the grasshopper.

Since I got my Timber, I played with TC mode, and then pretty quickly switched to booster mode. I haven’t switched away since. I did adjust the wattage a little higher ... I’ve settled at 28 watts versus the default 27. The good news is the computer gives you lots of room to customize. The other good news is you really don’t have to - the preprogrammed profiles all make it easy to press the button and go...

Enjoy getting to know it. It’ll be your DD in no time!

Last edited:

funkyhomer

@Easywider please let us know if the hula stem fits the standard roasting tube.

@Bravesst thank you for sharing the quick guide. Are there specific wattages you would recommend for each mode? It still hasn’t clicked for me that when using a temp control mode I can still set a wattage.

Super impressed by how quickly this thing heats up. I think this thing is super cool.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I’m still curious why boost mode is so popular. The thing I love about TC mode is that the mod compensates for my draw. So I can draw nice and slow to heat soak and then kick things into gear with a fast hard draw to get the air and vapor really flowing, and the heater increases the heat to compensate for my faster draw. I guess if you like to do a consistent sip all the way through boost would be a nice option.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Are there any videos or descriptions on loading?

I did this a few months back for someone who had the same question on loading . Very straight forward . Other methods of course , the most basic and generic method works great and is just , pack and go , as simple as that.

You can stir , there are ways to avoid it ,I will show the travel cases I have , cover stirring and possibly a few other questions some may have seeing the burst here in an upcoming video . I’ll congratulate all the new owners soon.

In the meantime..

Vape On !
:bigleaf:

Last edited:

nonbeliever

I’m still curious why boost mode is so popular. The thing I love about TC mode is that the mod compensates for my draw. So I can draw nice and slow to heat soak and then kick things into gear with a fast hard draw to get the air and vapor really flowing, and the heater increases the heat to compensate for my faster draw. I guess if you like to do a consistent sip all the way through boost would be a nice option.

I find in TC mode I have to fuss the further I get into the bowl. Its not that temp stepping is that much work (it isn’t), but I also find I don’t get the big, consistent hits I like with TC. I experienced the same with my LB Elite too... i’m a set and forget vaper... and do want a consistent sip. For me at least, TC is too much work for not enough reward.

nonbeliever,
Reactions: Alex3oe

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I find in TC mode I have to fuss the further I get into the bowl. Its not that temp stepping is that much work (it isn’t), but I also find I don’t get the big, consistent hits I like with TC. I experienced the same with my LB Elite too... i’m a set and forget vaper... and do want a consistent sip. For me at least, TC is too much work for not enough reward.

Tonight I’ll try boost at 28 watts and keep my draw consistent and see what results I get.

Monk Debate,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I'm a very low wattage guy. I start at 23 and go down to 22 or up to as far as 28. Normally I do the entire sesh on 23. This really is a way to keep things cool and allows the draw to have more impact on what's going on with watts. In TC mode the watts adjust to the draw, in watts mode the draw and watts adjust to each other. You can see this happen on the graph. I didn't used to start so low, but after experimenting (going lower and lower), I realized I could pull at 23 watts and get great results. You can see all this happen with the Escribe software.

@nonbeliever I agree about less fuss, I like to set and forget
@Monk Debate don't be afraid to go lower, you can always ramp up as you go...
@Mr. Me2 Sorry, missed your post. I need to do another video on loading, but load light, with a medium to fine grind. Basically fill the basket screen, and tamp lightly. I like to keep the load about 1/16 to an 1/8 from the tip of the tube. Getting this part right helps to pair the vape to you. I think many of us have different preferences based on the way we draw, settings, etc. I usually stir once to finish off a bowl. Maybe that's more about me being a *waste not want not* kinda guy. Some people ramp temp or watts up a bit, both seem work. I don't have a cool case picked out yet, but I'm on the lookout.
@david8613 There isn't really a *stink*. I'm sure tubes must smell after a while (I must be nose blind), coated with resin. Using glass inserts does allow you to remove and clean much easier. The unit itself is pretty isolated from the product, but I'm sure the wood must absorb something.

As Timber was put together quickly, I haven't had the chance to source out a nice case. Please, if anybody becomes aware of a good case, please let me know. I'll recommend it.

Boost simply is watts mode with 50 watts for one second to get the coil warmed up fast. Then the wattage drops off to your setting. The vape feels more responsive, like a turbo booster on your car. I think this is one of the best features aboard the DNA 75C. Gives the Elite freaking balls even at low temp or wattage. Timber will never bottom out on you, unless the bowl is empty.

@Easywider please let us know if the hula stem fits the standard roasting tube.

@Bravesst thank you for sharing the quick guide. Are there specific wattages you would recommend for each mode? It still hasn’t clicked for me that when using a temp control mode I can still set a wattage.

Super impressed by how quickly this thing heats up. I think this thing is super cool.

It heats up fast for 3 reasons.
1. It's got the instaHeat coil, which is relatively massive as far as coils go
2. The DNA board manages the electronics. I can set a low setting in TC or any watt mode and allow preheat (50 or 60 watts for one second) and get quick vapor
3. a single 18650 cell stores lots of energy

Another reason we have battery efficiency is the on demand feature coupled with board management. The battery is only engaged for 10 or 15 seconds at a time. As long as we ensure the energy is all going into the coil and not leaking into the unit, batteries should last a really long time. And they work down to below 3.50 with virtually no change in performance. What amazes me is that my batteries are so old that I'm going to have to discard them because the wrappings are worn out from the charger, not because I notice any performance changes.

Last edited:

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Alright, tonight I’m experimenting with boost starting at 23 watts!

Also I’m ordering two roasting tubes from Alan, one with the new slit glass liner he posted recently. The RBT stems have been useful but I’m really looking forward to using the Timber with the stems they were designed with.

Monk Debate,
Reactions: Bravesst

sickmanfraud

I’m using one right now. It’s my favorite stem and the cooling is fantastic I prefer it to the large rbt xl8r stem. Here’s a pic. It’s an 18mm to 14mm stem made by @Alan it accepts basket screens and s&b dosing capsules.

73039-CD0-BE6-B-4967-BACB-8-B01-D960-CE23.jpg

I have a hula v2 stem on the way they are 12mm wide so fingers crossed it fits the standard Elite stem.

Which vapes do you use this with? Will it accommodate an S&B capsule and still fit a 19mm depth?

sickmanfraud,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
The wood tube with glass inserts are cool. I've personally begun to like the 10 mm inside diameter wood tubes and glass liners as well. I'm not sure if he can cut the smaller glass tubes, that might only be available in 12 mm. Either way, I can't wait to get my hands on anything @Alan makes.

Not to let grass grow under my feet, I've got ten more walnut and cherry Timbers in the works. I just cut ten blanks, and 20 mortises. I've got plenty of stock for tops as well. Future is looking bright. The Timber build allows for a faster turn over. This might be the design that has the narrowest profile but widest appeal.

Last edited:

Easywider

Simple is the way
Which vapes do you use this with? Will it accommodate an S&B capsule and still fit a 19mm depth?

Fits anything I have that takes an 18mm stem. It was originally commissioned for a splinter so it’s made to work with there limited 19/22 depth. I must note though I have a waitlist splinter and a custom Z so they both will accommodate the longer 22/22 so if there was a flaw that would limit usage I may not have experienced it.

To bring topic back to the Elite I must say the s&b capsules work really well with it. I keep a mason jar full of capsules for whenever I have to travel or those pesky times I misplace my grinder.

Easywider,

david8613

I keep a mason jar full of capsules for whenever I have to travel or those pesky times I misplace my grinder.

@Easywider I do the same thing for my mighty and plenty. Do you have a link for the stem you used with splinter, I have one coming my way and would to use the capsules and stem .

david8613,

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
^ i second that post ^

Alright , Welcome to my LBE Pool Party !

Lil’ Bud Elite by Vapwood
D-020 water rig
Mk ultra

Part 1 - temp step up the session from low temp to medium temp

Part Deux - roasting a session on medium

Part Third - grillin on medium high

@Mr. Me2 , I load by hand from my pile quite gently tapped in during Part 1

@Monk Debate , congratulations friend ! Seems you are well or way of taming your new Beast ! Enjoy !

@funkyhomer , congratulations mate ! Glad you are digging it so far.

:bigleaf:

Can't wait to recieve my Timber and report my findings! Been using a mixture of my e-nano, pax 2, arizer argo, and firefly for years. My number one is definitely the e-nano, and despite the differences in heating elements and inner electronics, i believe the timber could be a portable alternative to my enano. Can't wait to find out :-)

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Can't wait to recieve my Timber and report my findings! Been using a mixture of my e-nano, pax 2, arizer argo, and firefly for years. My number one is definitely the e-nano, and despite the differences in heating elements and inner electronics, i believe the timber could be a portable alternative to my enano. Can't wait to find out :-)

I’m excited to hear more thoughts! Right now the Timber is a sleeper and I’m waiting for more here to realize how great it is.

And there’s something to be said for the boost mode after all. I didn’t have great results vaping it dry, on any watts from 23 to 28. I got a lot of hot air and some flavor but no clouds of vapor. I switched to TC mode and set it to 335 and immediately got clouds.

However, when I switched to my water piece, I was able to get some clouds at 24 watts and really nice clouds at 26. The flavor at the lower wattage settings was just superb, even with no visible vapor. When Alan’s roasting tubes arrive I’ll try vaping it dry again.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Right now the Timber is a sleeper and I’m waiting for more here to realize how great it is.
Yes, yes, and yes...

Timber is a sleeper, for now. Seems like it's beginning to generate a bit of interest even with only a dozen units out there (half didn't even land yet). I'm working hard to get more units built, shipped ASAP. That's about all I can do right now, build more Timbers.

If you build it they will come

Last edited:
honestly, completely blown away. Props to Vapwood for making a fantastic device! From the very first hit I've been sold. The on demand vapor production and potency is exactly what I had imagined when ordering this. Im a medical cannabis patient in Maryland and I wanted to find a portable alternative to my desktop e-nano and my god I have found it! It is so freaking nice to be impressed! I'll put together a video shortly

Last edited:

elykpeace

exVASted
image.jpg

Drove to Gainesville to pick up more meds (sour D and sherbert from trulieve) while my batteries charged up. Still figuring everything out but it's AWESOME mike I love it thanks so much. Happy 420 from this timber elite (christened with sherbert)

Edit: in temp mode should it be 50 watts??. Got some charring but I think I might have been covering the hole?

Do we have a mode that temp stemps while we inhale? Also it fires for a total of 20 seconds @Bravesst finally figuring out buttons but I might have accidentally changed stuff. Is there a reset?

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
image.jpg

Drove to Gainesville to pick up more meds (sour D and sherbert from trulieve) while my batteries charged up. Still figuring everything out but it's AWESOME mike I love it thanks so much. Happy 420 from this timber elite (christened with sherbert)

Edit: in temp mode should it be 50 watts??. Got some charring but I think I might have been covering the hole?
It leaves here at 50 watts in TC mode. As long as temp is controlled, watts can be high. In any of the watt modes (including Booster), there's no temp control, so the watt setting has a bigger impact, as does the draw (length, force).

So happy to hear good reviews. I stayed the course today, keeping to the plan of building more Timbers. I cut tops and bottoms to size, and bored out about a dozen holes on all 10 units. I actually started to form more coils. The way it stands now, these *tops* and *bottoms* should be interchangeable, allowing me to customize as per order. Cherry / Walnut , Cherry / Cherry, Walnut / Cherry, and Walnut / Walnut. I will also continue to makes Black n' Tans, just not any in this batch. I can do all this without having to spend much per unit, as this all happens before the DNA board gets installed.

Last edited:

shredder

In the FAQ section it says the timber is 5.6" tall. Why does it look so tall in the pictures?

Is the 5.6" just the bottom? And then a heater? And then a mouthpieces?

So what's the total height with a typical roasting tube of a timber?

One more question, how is the roasting tube held in place? Ground glass? Something else?

Thanks for your patience :cool:

shredder,
Top Bottom