Discontinued The Timber Elite by Vapwood

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@Alan - is the roasting tube source, and I want ten of those liners!!! He's also the man who makes the perfect 12 mm screens that we all love. Send him an email at alan@toasty-top.com and get all the LB / Timber roasting tubes and accessories, screens, glass inserts, or whatever else you can dream up. Alan's ability to conceive of new ideas and *turn* them into reality is endless.

We're all packed up and headed to the post office this morning. All in all 14 units will ship, a dozen Timbers. I am excited about Timber finally getting out there.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Shipped, shipped, and shipped!!!
As you all know, as a builder, shipping is a tedious job for me. When it's over I get a huge sense of relief. Some of my *regulars* ordered Timbers, while others are in wait and see mode.

Next week Chilly arrives. So from Thursday on production will slow down a bit, as I adjust to my new puppy. I'm going to do as much work as possible before then, and should have six or eight brand spanking new Timbers fully assembled by the end of next week. Sale price $259, with a 5% discount code (CHILLYWILBUR) brings it down to $247. I'm going to build these units whether they sell right now or not, so they will be ready for an end of September shipping either way, but 8 is the limit. Once they sell, it's end of October.

This is first come first serve. I have 3 Black n Tan, 3 cherry walnut, one double cherry, and maybe one double walnut. Everything else is sold out until October.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I’m excited to read more reactions to the Timber!
Just sent out about 12 tracking numbers, and I'm also very excited to hear reactions. Timber has reached a level of quality I didn't think I could ever hit in something so small. It's sleek, simplistic shape lends itself to a high quality, high performance vaporizer. My job has been to provide the perfect housing for 3 technological wonders. Nature provided the rest.
  1. The Lithium-ion battery
  2. The InstaHeat SS wire mesh coil
  3. The DNA 75 color control board
This vape triangle is served very well in Timber. The engine (coil) is isolated from the electronics (board) and fuel supply (battery). Maybe one day we'll find a battery that can handle that task that's half the size, and I'm sure a smaller board will be right behind. The DNA board is pretty much the exact size as an 18650 at 18 mm's wide and 650 mm's long, and at that point Timber will shrink accordingly. Alan and I are already taking steps to compact the coil for Timber's shape (a mm narrower, 3 mm's longer for same resistance). I can't wait to try all this with @Alan s new glass cut tube inserts.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Hello All!
Tall Boys are all gone, last one just sold. There still is another six 5 5/8" tall Timbers in stock that can ship by the end of the month. I've already heard from a new Timber customer (believe it or not, not on FC) who has received and loves her Timber. I hope she mentions us on Reddit (where she originally heard about Vapwood), but either way, it's always good to hear from a happy customer. Getting a new vape and being able to enjoy it so quickly is the hallmark of a quality product. That is not to say that user experience won't improve as you familiarize yourself with all the nuances, but working right outta the box is the goal. By Monday, the rest will touch down.

elykpeace

exVASted
So having the USB port... Does that mean pass thru charging? My batteries and timber are both due Monday ish and idk if I can wait a while charge :shrug:

elykpeace,
Reactions: muunch

funkyhomer

Received mine! Initial first impressions:
-smaller than i expected. Not sure which size mine is (I.e. the early taller one or shorter more recent), but either way, in spite of the length it doesn’t feel big. It’s actual quite compact for its length and can Be pocketed in loose shorts.
-wow this thing heats up quickly. I put it on a temp mode and it was just pure delicious convection nearly instantly.
-free flowing - I normally use a diy beaded glass stem with my others vapes and this thing flows much freer. I am curious though if there is a way to use some of my glass beads ☺️
-great build quality. It’s really thoughtful. I get the reason for it’s size and considering the components, I would rather have them then make it smaller. And again, it really doesn’t seem big.
-battery - okay I’m a believer. I’ve been on the same battery all night and still have 35%. Impressive! I would trust a single 18650 for a day out and I didn’t think that would be possible.

So far really digging this. It reminds me a lot of my grasshopper. Except it isn’t burning my throat. My one gripe is I can’t figure out the modes on the mod. My only ask is an explanation for the pros and cons for the different modes, of even their purpose. This is my first mod based vape and I think this will become a daily user as soon as I figure out the modes.

Looking forward to sharing more as I get used to it. Thank you for an awesome vape!

elykpeace

exVASted
Hoping to replace my GH. Thanks for your initial impression @funkyhomer

Can't wait for mine to arrive. You should have the revised version as only 2 tallboys were available and I bought one and someone else had purchased the other today? Do you have pics of it on a water peice. I bought a few nub cooler mps just now and hoping my 9in ccg will be bug enough to accommodate

My understanding is two temp modes. Tc (temp controlled ) and boost mode? Idk yet I'm jelous you get to play around with it all weekend

funkyhomer

Thank you @Monk Debate quick question if you don’t mind, on the bottom there is a field for coil material. Should that be set to “elite hot” or “Watts”?

Thank you

funkyhomer,
Reactions: Xclerk

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Thank you @Monk Debate quick question if you don’t mind, on the bottom there is a field for coil material. Should that be set to “elite hot” or “Watts”?

Thank you

I believe I have mine set to hot. I’d have to double check and I don’t have mine in front of me.

Edit: Double checked and it is set to hot. I may be wrong but I think “watts” may be a default material setting? Or maybe it’s custom and meant to be used in the watt modes.

Edit 2: Normally I’m a low temp guy, but tonight I temped stepped a bowl (with a refresh in the middle of the session) from 315 to 430 F to try getting effects from vaping at a range of temps. I also for the first time in a while vaped the Timber dry. Even at 430 degrees, the vapor remained cool on my throat. Things tasted a little toasty by the end, but I was nowhere near combustion.

Last edited:

mysterion

The Vaporizer Avenger
@Bravesst

Hey Mike,

I would like to get an all Walnut Timber Elite (short version) you still have one?

Is the glass lined roasting tube one of Alan’s new glass liners?

Can I remove the liner to try it without as well?

I added everything to my cart, entered CHILLYWILBUR code, didn’t work. Just checking to see if that’s still on?

What batteries are you recommending right now? Still 30Q?

Thanks and looking forward to your reply!

M

mysterion,
Reactions: Xclerk

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Good Morning!

So nice to hear good reviews. I guess I need to write out an owners manual to simplify things for you guys.

@funkyhomer @elykpeace @Monk Debate @muunch

Timber Elite Notes
Battery has to be in for it to function
There are 8 modes, but the first two are set up to cover everything (TC and Booster)
Booster mode is Watts with preheat
Watts mode is Watts with no boost (preheat)
Temp Control mode also includes the one second preheat (50 watts for one sec)
The coil used is *Elite Hot*, just a name for our default TCR settings, no need to change
Cold ohms (resistance) on all units is set, as well as TCR, no need to adjust these
Start with either Temp Control or Booster, making adjustments to Temps or Watts - no need to adjust anything else

@mysterion try again, ChillyWilbur is all fixed

Last edited:

mysterion

The Vaporizer Avenger
@Bravesst

Forgot to ask if you could send me a few pics of the timber elites ready to ship.... PM for my email maybe? Not sure how you normally do that.

mysterion,
Reactions: Bravesst

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@Bravesst

Forgot to ask if you could send me a few pics of the timber elites ready to ship.... PM for my email maybe? Not sure how you normally do that.
I have two Timbers fully assembled (cherry / walnut) that can ship tomorrow. Full Walnut is in pre-assembly and can ship at the end of the month. Here's a pic of my last Cherry / Walnut and Walnut / Walnut units that shipped last week. I have lots of Walnut and Cherry just like this.

20190909-172356.jpg

20190909-172318.jpg

Last edited:

david8613

These are looking really good! Can you tell me the differences in your model besides the physical sizes?

david8613,

Mr. Me2

I don’t remember if this has been covered (probably...) re: the Timber-

Are there any videos or descriptions on loading?

Stirring needed?

Any suggested cases (smell proof or otherwise)?

elykpeace

exVASted
I don’t remember if this has been covered (probably...) re: the Timber-

Are there any videos or descriptions on loading?

Stirring needed?

Any suggested cases (smell proof or otherwise)?

I know when I owned the Lil bud (classic) I just dumped from the green doob too that was included and a light tamp. Also I never stirred just rotated the stem .. I'm hoping not having to feather a trigger for a consistent temp will allow a more uniform roast. I'll let you know when it get here!

As far as a case just something big enough for a loaded stem? I have a pelican 1040 for leaving the house and it's served me well with many vapes

elykpeace,
Reactions: david8613

david8613

Another question I have, since these are wood based, does the wood over time absorb the smell of herb and become stinky? Most of my vapes are plastic and metal, no glass or wood in my vapes so i have no experience, but i am curious of wood and glass.

david8613,

Easywider

Simple is the way
That's so cool! I want to get the short version of the Charlie spiked stem and get a roasting tube that fits snug around it! I hope Alan could make that possible someday!

I’m using one right now. It’s my favorite stem and the cooling is fantastic I prefer it to the large rbt xl8r stem. Here’s a pic. It’s an 18mm to 14mm stem made by @Alan it accepts basket screens and s&b dosing capsules.

73039-CD0-BE6-B-4967-BACB-8-B01-D960-CE23.jpg

I have a hula v2 stem on the way they are 12mm wide so fingers crossed it fits the standard Elite stem.

Top Bottom