• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Timber Elite by Vapwood

cpk

Brother of the Leaf
@Ubiquito I think that the software which @P.A.M. is referring to is one of the key selling points, the board's ability to have all these icons thru specific files. I think all would agree that you would want to have a choice to use these features and decide for yourself. Why not just use a cheaper board that just show watts and temperature on a black and white screen? That's one way to pass on the savings to customers. Hopefully they can get @HerbieVonVapster file back or at least try.

cpk,

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Man, @P.A.M. Your vindictive posts really bum me out. Why not just try to be helpful instead of lashing out :shrug:
being helpful is what i tell @minh533 i would work hard on doing in my last post . here’s the result . but before , let me suggest ,

perhaps you should ask your question to Vapwood why he isn’t being more helpful and sharing the file himself instead of the answer given to us.

vindictive posts ? seems more every time i post facts , @Bravesst seems to try and discredit what i’ve said ... i usually cross the T’s and dot the I ‘s , donT i?

as @cpk points out , what’s wrong with using the board to the max? it indeed was a selling point at a time and could still be. your cheaper board idea if going simple as value too .

now ,in doing my part to be helpful as to @minh533, please follow steps below : (i’m not too tech savvy , apologies for not best instructions to do it but here is what i could find .

https://forum.evolvapor.com/files/file/567-fcshare/

near the bottom of the page in link above , you will find a file called , EliteDNA75c.ecig.

go on to Escribe (you need to download software/program on your computer ) start Escribe , plug your elite , go on the link shared above , click on the EliteDNA75c.ecig link , click install or download and it should install on your Timber like magic .

i just installed it myself to verify it and it works. you will have to reset your cold ohm once the new file is uploaded to your Timber. it does measure it if you don’t know or forgot . just make sure your Timber is Cold when you measure Cold ohm .

otherwise you should be good to go :tup:

vape on!

Just figured I’d drop by and say how much I have loved that I found this thread and the Timber Elite along with Mike and Alan. Fantastic device and great team behind it that come through every time. As a medical patient of cannabis it is essential I have a daily driver I can depend on to get me medicated. The Timber Elite is that device

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Vindictiveness is so outta place here, it just jumps off the page.

As a seller, I will explain the simplification of the board one more time. Many people will benefit from the simple user interface that doesn't limit the performance at all. There is nothing you can't easily gain access to and adjust without so much busyness adding to some people's confusion, especially those with vision issues.

Please feel free to contact me directly vapwood420@gmail.com if you have any questions.

Bravesst,

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed.
keep ignoring me .. not even a thank you for finding the file .. oh maybe i wasn’t suppose to ? whst happened with Herbie ?

your welcome for sharing a file to your clients , file of your own work that you are basically shitting on yourself to prove your « simple is better » argument. so fucking be it .no wonderthis thread is gone down in popularity.

even Alan said in email how you seemed to ignore me on forum .

P.A.M.,
Reactions: cpk

funkyhomer

The new simple screen looks great! For me, I’d rather not have so many things to click on, I want the experience to be simple and the device to be passable. Is it possible to get a copy of the new file to upload via escribe?

funkyhomer,

Vaporware

@P.A.M. I know you’re trying to be helpful, and you do help people here, but you also sound angry and hostile to a lot of people and you seem to take it as an insult to you or to all users when Mike disagrees with your suggestions.

There are things I’ve mentioned about his products I wanted to see improved, and while he did work on some of them he didn’t see or didn’t agree on others, so I let him do what he wants and just watch the thread for now.

I might personally prefer the more interesting screen and the extra options, and I’m glad you posted the file so people can continue to use it, but I also understand why he might want a simplified interface as the default.

If you want more positive attention here, posting helpful things like that firmware will get you more than the angry comments will. :2c: :peace:

Ga-Whoon

Cloud Gains
I've been having a blast with my Timber so far.
It's an effortless convection experience at the press of a button, the high is unique and clear.
But I have an issue that just came up. My lower most wooden button( the - button) is jammed inside of the dang vaporizer and I can't use my Timber now.
It's stuck registering the button press.
Any ideas?
I still need to read up on how to post images here so I'll get to that shortly.

Ga-Whoon,

nonbeliever

I've been having a blast with my Timber so far.
It's an effortless convection experience at the press of a button, the high is unique and clear.
But I have an issue that just came up. My lower most wooden button( the - button) is jammed inside of the dang vaporizer and I can't use my Timber now.
It's stuck registering the button press.
Any ideas?
I still need to read up on how to post images here so I'll get to that shortly.

Can you tell if it is jammed by the Timber hole it is in, or is it socked in at the board level? You might stick it with a needle or safety pin and try to wiggle it out a bit? Back in tech days, we always found a sharp rap with heel of hand on the side of something would fix it... one way or another.... these two things would be my first fix attempts...

nonbeliever,

Ga-Whoon

Cloud Gains
Thanks! I just applied light pressure on the side of that little wooden button with my thumb for a good 15 mins and it came loose. Works fine now but I wonder what that was about?

I do appreciate it kind denizen, I was dreading that i'd have to send it back and I love this thing lol.

I will definitely be looking into the other theme; I'm underwhelmed with the current menu as well. But it vapes great.
It works fine as it is. I'm just curious about features.

Ga-Whoon,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
What people should know about me is I'm not an angry guy. Unfortunately, the thread does suffer from angry attacks, which does have a tendency to limit posts, and I think everybody suffers from that. I've been through too much in my life to sweat the small stuff, to use an expression I despise - whatever. I do my best to make customers happy, and I do apologize for the stuck button, but please remember, everything is hand made wood, an occasional stuck button is inevitable, but usually an easy fix. I cannot apologize for the new screen. It came about as a result of me learning more about the board and what we need out of it. There are no features you're missing out on with the new screen. The biggest difference is icons vs text. You can still work the board to its fullest, getting 100% out of it. I recommend keeping it, as the novelty wears off with a busy screen, and you realize why every vape manufacturer uses a simple interface. Either way the Timber will perform identically.

Bravesst,
Dont worry about "features features features" Its a vape. Load the bowl with your desired product. Pick a temperature or wat setting. Hit the fire button. Not sure why all these complexities people conjure up when the vape is sent to you in high functioning order. It isnt going to become a light saber or a mechanical oracle if you go through every minor setting in search of "new features". Heres the feature kids; It vapes herbs!

Bradymyers2,

elykpeace

exVASted
I'll say maybe things don't look as they seem behind the scenes. This is a thread for transparency and communication is always available through email.. @Bravesst has always gotten back to me. When I was having issues with the cold ohms and wanting to connect the timber to a computer to change something @Bravesst took the time to write something out for me and might have prompted an easier to manuver layout. I'll say it's not as pretty but as. Stated if anyone has issues just shout out to @Bravesst by email vapwood420@gmail.com

Excited for my tetra p80 but the timber elite is more then satisfied my needs and I'm glad I pulled the trigger when I did. My lil bud classic was awesome and yes the upgrade to the the dna75c made it so much better for me and so easy to dial in

en

KORISUGI
こんにちは
1月にバッジを予約しました。
シリアル番号などをお持ちですか?
または、ロゴなどをマークできますか?

mod note: google translated this as:

Hello
I booked a badge in January.
Do you have a serial number, etc.?
Or can you mark a logo etc.?

en has been asked to post in English.

Last edited by a moderator:
en,

sickmanfraud

elykpeace

exVASted
If anyone out there can assist... Is there a way to put a temp stepping mode or cruise control on the timber elite similar to the tubo/tetra. I like the click 3 times and go through the 4 set temps I can cycle through during a session.. rather then hit while it's heating it's set at a temp without holding down a button.. hopefully that makes sense

Easywider

Simple is the way
If anyone out there can assist... Is there a way to put a temp stepping mode or cruise control on the timber elite similar to the tubo/tetra. I like the click 3 times and go through the 4 set temps I can cycle through during a session.. rather then hit while it's heating it's set at a temp without holding down a button.. hopefully that makes sense

I use tubo FW on some mods. I know what you mean but so far for the DNA Boards I have not heard of or come across any customized theme with such capabilities.

Easywider,
Reactions: Bravesst

Easywider

Simple is the way
@elykpeace just thought of a work around for temp stepping. In Escribe you can customize how many increments the up and down buttons increase and decrease on a single click. For example if you like 4 temp step options you could set them to increase/decrease by 35 increments each click. That way you could start at 350f and cycle to 385f-420f-455f. Still have to hold fire but it will reduce some button clicking.

sickstreak

Thank you so much @P.A.M. and @sickmanfraud ! That really helps me out! I didn't mean for my question to blow anyone up but at the end of the day I consider anyone in this thread to be a awesome individual because only an awesome individual would have a vapwood product in their hands! lol I just wanted to say the timber has definitely made my winter break and new years a memorable one because no matter what temp I've been messing around with, I always end up very happy with the results. My gf and I went to the spa after killing two bowls and we should have known better because we looked a little "too" relaxed in the steam room if you know what I mean haha. Honestly the best thing I Like about this mod is the fact that it doesn't get hot at all.. so skys the limit on my tolerance :p

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

@elykpeace just thought of a work around for temp stepping. In Escribe you can customize how many increments the up and down buttons increase and decrease on a single click. For example if you like 4 temp step options you could set them to increase/decrease by 35 increments each click. That way you could start at 350f and cycle to 385f-420f-455f. Still have to hold fire but it will reduce some button clicking.

I have to tell you @Easywider that is an elegant solution to "temp stepping." I have had DNA color mods for over a year now and I never thought of this idea!

Keep the GREAT ideas coming @Easywider.

Thanks and Happy, Healthy and prosperous new year.

elykpeace

exVASted
I will try this in one of the other profiles that seems like a great idea .. hopefully I can't brick the dna75c with my lack of skills

elykpeace,
Reactions: Easywider

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Have no fear @elykpeace, I got your back on any brick potential.

Just ordered a bunch of boards, and I'm very excited about 2020. My pot luck batch of LB's is just about done (taking a bit longer during the holidays), and I'll be free to work on 2020 Timber upgrades.

Potential Timber 2 Upgrades
1. The addition of a heat diffuser disc / screen
2. The ability to use 14 mm stems
3. Slightly modified form

Top Bottom