The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

vapeape77

Whole nugz all day here, in the mighty or vapcap. Especially in the dynavap whole nugz = less scooby snacks.
I’ve got to get that dyna out tomorrow morning it sounds!

I was trying whole nugs in caps with my Mighty OG and Crafty++ today, seemed mixed results compared to full bowl. I didn’t use any top lids on the caps, who knows….

MGG

MIGHTY+ WARNING
(THIS IS A DIRECT COMPARISON OF MIGHTY+ VS MIGHTY)

+ Mighty+ adds Ceramic coated filling chamber advertising "Is even more durable against scratches and damages"
- Within days there's been multiple reports sent to me about people significantly scratching their bowls on first use. It appears the ceramic is not compatible with stainless steel hash mesh or dosing capsule without risking scratching. This ceramic is less durable than the previous aluminium.

- Mighty+ lowered the vibration power of original.

- You're paying more for less. Mighty+ comes with less in the box than the original Mighty which came with grinder, filling tool, stainless steel mesh, and more.

+ USB C Charging
- Doesn't come with a charging brick like an original mighty, if you want pass through charging you NEED to get a special 45w+ charger. This is not standard so if you bring it to a friends he may have a usb-c charger but it won't be able to power the unit enough to do passthrough.

+ Mighty added the feature to 'stand'
- Mighty can't actually stand, it needs to use the pick to hold itself up. In a side by side by Troy on youtube, the original mighty actually stood up better than the new mighty.
- These new designs mean that the Mighty+ is no longer compatible with stand options on the market.

- Thinner metal
- This results in the mighty cooling down much faster than original mighty, you can actually overpower the heater if you hit too hard. Troy does a back to back comparison where he shows that the Mighty+ drops temp faster than original Mighty.

+ Improved airflow - though minor
+ Potentially improved taste though in testing it's been mostly indiscernible. (needs more testing, possible that conduction would test better with ceramic)
+ Improved screen (screen is significantly brighter than original, Mighty claims it is also more durable but time will tell, original Mighty screens would deteriorate over time especially if exposed to direct light.
+ Mighty will overshoot to 420f sometimes in heatup, so technically can get briefly hotter than original mighty.
+ Mighty+ appears to produce comparable if not slightly bigger clouds side by side to Mighty

vapeape77

MIGHTY+ WARNING
(THIS IS A DIRECT COMPARISON OF MIGHTY+ VS MIGHTY)

+ Mighty+ adds Ceramic coated filling chamber advertising "Is even more durable against scratches and damages"
- Within days there's been multiple reports sent to me about people significantly scratching their bowls on first use. It appears the ceramic is not compatible with stainless steel hash mesh or dosing capsule without risking scratching. This ceramic is less durable than the previous aluminium.

- Mighty+ lowered the vibration power of original.

- You're paying more for less. Mighty+ comes with less in the box than the original Mighty which came with grinder, filling tool, stainless steel mesh, and more.

+ USB C Charging

- Doesn't come with a charging brick like an original mighty, if you want pass through charging you NEED to get a special 45w+ charger. This is not standard so if you bring it to a friends he may have a usb-c charger but it won't be able to power the unit enough to do passthrough.

+ Mighty added the feature to 'stand'
- Mighty can't actually stand, it needs to use the pick to hold itself up. In a side by side by Troy on youtube, the original mighty actually stood up better than the new mighty.
- These new designs mean that the Mighty+ is no longer compatible with stand options on the market.

- Thinner metal
- This results in the mighty cooling down much faster than original mighty, you can actually overpower the heater if you hit too hard. Troy does a back to back comparison where he shows that the Mighty+ drops temp faster than original Mighty.

+ Improved airflow - though minor
+ Potentially improved taste though in testing it's been mostly indiscernible. (needs more testing, possible that conduction would test better with ceramic)
+ Improved screen (screen is significantly brighter than original, Mighty claims it is also more durable but time will tell, original Mighty screens would deteriorate over time especially if exposed to direct light.
+ Mighty will overshoot to 420f sometimes in heatup, so technically can get briefly hotter than original mighty.
+ Mighty+ appears to produce comparable if not slightly bigger clouds side by side to Mighty
The dosing caps and oil pads also scratch the shit out of the standard aluminum bowl, just saying….

Choices

The dosing caps and oil pads also scratch the shit out of the standard aluminum bowl, just saying….
I’m curious so please help me here everyone. Is the concern about scratching due to the fact it compromises how it looks or do the scratches cause some sort of health risk by introducing something into the vapor path? I use dosing caps almost exclusively and I’ve never had a concern about scratches nor have I looked for them. Is this a worry? What gives?

Choices,
Reactions: Jill NYC

darbarikanada

Is the concern about scratching due to the fact it compromises how it looks or do the scratches cause some sort of health risk by introducing something into the vapor path?
you're going to get different answers to this - the debate about aluminum and health has been going on for years. someone here pointed out that vaporizers don't get anywhere near the temperature required to melt aluminum, and if you're brushing out and Q-tipping (alcohol) your bowl after use, that pretty much rules out inhaling particles. S&B makes a big deal about their devices qualifying as health devices (or something like that) for the purposes of the German health care system - fwiw. personally, I wouldn't worry about it. just my $0.02

vapeape77

I’m curious so please help me here everyone. Is the concern about scratching due to the fact it compromises how it looks or do the scratches cause some sort of health risk by introducing something into the vapor path? I use dosing caps almost exclusively and I’ve never had a concern about scratches nor have I looked for them. Is this a worry? What gives?
I blame the cheap design of the dosing caps on some of my OG’s scratches, the cap’s lid edges get bent over time. S&B should have realized this by now….

Regardless of the health effects, I don’t want a scratched bowl on any vape as those areas build up that black shit and can be impossible to clean. I’m a fan of my Crafty+ ceramic bowl based on the fact buildup in the bowl has been next to zero compared to my Mighty OG over a few weeks.

Cannabiker

Woohoo!
About a year ago, a piece broke off of the lip above the oven on my Mighty, where the cooling unit attaches. I contacted S&B, but the unit was a couple of months outside warranty, and they wanted $120 to fix it. Since it still worked I figured I'd just keep using it until the damage spread. Then they came out with the +, and I decided I should get my OG repaired in case they stop producing replacement parts.

So I got a new return authorization, along with a reminder from S&B that it is outside warranty, so they'd come up with a quote for repairs after they received it. I sent it back last week. It arrived at S&B Thursday, and less than 24 hours later I got a notice that they'd shipped me a package. That seemed like a really fast turnaround for a repair.

That's because they didn't fix it--they replaced it, at no charge. I sent in a well-used device with no cooling unit, and they sent back a new-in-box Mighty complete with accessories.

Any bitter taste I might have had in my mouth over the failed plastic was washed away with the first sweet hit of my freshly-trimmed Dream Queen from a fresh Mighty.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Woohoo!
About a year ago, a piece broke off of the lip above the oven on my Mighty, where the cooling unit attaches. I contacted S&B, but the unit was a couple of months outside warranty, and they wanted $120 to fix it. Since it still worked I figured I'd just keep using it until the damage spread. Then they came out with the +, and I decided I should get my OG repaired in case they stop producing replacement parts.

So I got a new return authorization, along with a reminder from S&B that it is outside warranty, so they'd come up with a quote for repairs after they received it. I sent it back last week. It arrived at S&B Thursday, and less than 24 hours later I got a notice that they'd shipped me a package. That seemed like a really fast turnaround for a repair.

That's because they didn't fix it--they replaced it, at no charge. I sent in a well-used device with no cooling unit, and they sent back a new-in-box Mighty complete with accessories.

Any bitter taste I might have had in my mouth over the failed plastic was washed away with the first sweet hit of my freshly-trimmed Dream Queen from a fresh Mighty.

Good story, and GREAT for you!
I guess that’s one way for S&B to make room for the new model.... give em away! :)

Seantagon

Yeah S&B is a great company. I had a Crafty replaced after about a 1.5 years; then the replacement died 1.5 years after that, and they still sent me a new and slightly upgraded model even though it was over 3 years after original purchase!

I have a Mighty+ on the way. Looks like a reasonable but not exceptional upgrade. Fine by me. It’s the best portable flower vape around. I consider the upgrade an investment.
I hope you saw MGGs comparison of the og and + a few post above!

Im still waiting for my new og that I bought over a week ago.this PACT act is killing me. And it’s saying signature required on delivery even though I pre verified my id. I may have to wait longer if no one is home to sign. Pppppp

MGG

Though I was quite negative there's still legitimate benefits to Mighty+ such as the faster heat-up and charging times.
But I felt these are important points people should be aware of before purchasing.

If you can find a new Mighty with the battery improvements (not mighty+) on sale for significantly cheaper, that may be the better value option for most people.

condition

Also I don't see how the broken housing of the main unit can be fixed, its not that you can take some plastic and glue it. I had OG mighty dropped pretty bad and immediately part of the housing broke (as well as the screen). Afterwards when it was getting very hot, small pieces of the housing continue to fell down, until it was left with no housing and no screen.
I was attaching the CU to the MU with an elastic hair band and as for the screen, when I switched on I press the up button multiple times till reach max and then 10-15 times to go to around 200 Celsius.

Cannabiker

Also I don't see how the broken housing of the main unit can be fixed, its not that you can take some plastic and glue it.
The first time I applied for a return authorization they said they could repair it for $120. The outer shell of the Mighty is two halves, like a clam. I imagine they were proposing replacing one half of the shell.

The problem you describe, with pieces continuing to break off, was exactly what I was afraid of. I'd been using the Mighty much less because of the damage (and because I've taken a deep dive into the Dynaverse), so I'm really psyched to have a whole unit that I'm not afraid to use.
then the replacement died 1.5 years after that, and they still sent me a new and slightly upgraded model even though it was over 3 years after original purchase!
That's awesome, and a good reminder to register this new device with S&B. Now that I know how strong their warranty protection can be, I want to be sure I'm in the system.

blackstone

I'm one month in with my Mighty+ using capsules only and have seen no problem at all with the bowl finish, so I think that WARNING is a little over the top?
Also I'm a year in with the same coating on my bowl and capsule reducer for Volcano Hybrid and no problems there either.
It has all been really good and I actually wanted to thank the company through email and on here, for launching such a reliable and effective portable with this, as it is very much needed and appreciated with some personal matters being difficult for me here atm.
I remember a time when you could hardly depend on any vape, especially recently launched ones, and I really could not have dealt with faults or CS this last while.
I took this Mighty+ on an outing lately, had a few half caps and couldn't believe the effects. I'm really loving it and like others, at home I often find it more exciting and rewarding than some of my desktops with hardly any setup involved.
I first wondered who had wrote the warning and I think it is being based on some instances which are believed to be proving a point here, so said I would offer some thoughts on just these points.

A) - Because of a mark reported, the ceramic is less durable than the aluminium. Capsules will risk scratches.

We saw in one instance that a smudge seemed to appear in a bowl, this likely shows that if the capsules do ever contact the bowl wall, the aluminium capsule is softer than the ceramic coating.
Ceramic (coatings) can not be softer or less durable than aluminium, check a hardness scale for reference.

B) - When Troy hit his table the new Mighty fell over not the old one so the new feet are worse.

The device was probably just designed to make it easier to be filled on a relatively stable surface, maybe not so much to resist large oscillations. One might argue that the wider surface area covered by the new feet was just more able to transmit these shocks up to the device to knock it, or each devices distance from the impact may have come into play, but it may still do what some wanted it to do better.
Unlike my OG, I stand my Mighty+ up a lot now and have very few fears about it once in position.

C) - The heater block has less mass. You can actually overpower the heater now. Because Troy showed the numbers dropping faster on the new device.

While it's correct to assume that less mass means less heat storage, it was pointed out in the video comments or somewhere else, that the two devices could have just been at different points in their heat cycle so this was hardly a fair test. And it hardly qualifies the statement above.
It may also be possible that the new device was measuring and displaying the temperatures more quickly and accurately, hence showing this drop, and hopefully reacting to it, better.

I think the lesser or smoother haptic vibration on start up is intended, but I do need to check if I've switched it on sometimes.
And about paying more for less with this model, I remember being honoured to be given an OG Mighty discount for €295 about 2 years after launch.
I got this Mighty+ for €287 about only 2 weeks after launch and I feel it offers me more, whatever about the junk in the older box, filling aid etc. All that stuff is still available on the site for tiny amounts of money.
And I think even better Mighty+ deals will pop up as time goes by.

Also, like almost every single comparison or overview of the two so far, it neglects to mention that the old one will crack and fall apart and the new one likely will not due to improved housing material and/or changes to the casing designs.
The Crafty+ has been out for (x) years now and no cracks reported yet.

I hope you saw MGGs comparison of the og and + a few post above!

Afaik that post was compiled from online research and any potential negative that was heard about the vape so far, not from actually owning one. Maybe I'm wrong.

MGG

I'm one month in with my Mighty+ using capsules only and have seen no problem at all with the bowl finish, so I think that WARNING is a little over the top?
Also I'm a year in with the same coating on my bowl and capsule reducer for Volcano Hybrid and no problems there either.
It has all been really good and I actually wanted to thank the company through email and on here, for launching such a reliable and effective portable with this, as it is very much needed and appreciated with some personal matters being difficult for me here atm.
I remember a time when you could hardly depend on any vape, especially recently launched ones, and I really could not have dealt with faults or CS this last while.
I took this Mighty+ on an outing lately, had a few half caps and couldn't believe the effects. I'm really loving it and like others, at home I often find it more exciting and rewarding than some of my desktops with hardly any setup involved.
I first wondered who had wrote the warning and I think it is being based on some instances which are believed to be proving a point here, so said I would offer some thoughts on just these points.

A) - Because of a mark reported, the ceramic is less durable than the aluminium. Capsules will risk scratches.

We saw in one instance that a smudge seemed to appear in a bowl, this likely shows that if the capsules do ever contact the bowl wall, the aluminium capsule is softer than the ceramic coating.
Ceramic (coatings) can not be softer or less durable than aluminium, check a hardness scale for reference.

B) - When Troy hit his table the new Mighty fell over not the old one so the new feet are worse.

The device was probably just designed to make it easier to be filled on a relatively stable surface, maybe not so much to resist large oscillations. One might argue that the wider surface area covered by the new feet was just more able to transmit these shocks up to the device to knock it, or each devices distance from the impact may have come into play, but it may still do what some wanted it to do better.
Unlike my OG, I stand my Mighty+ up a lot now and have very few fears about it once in position.

C) - The heater block has less mass. You can actually overpower the heater now. Because Troy showed the numbers dropping faster on the new device.

While it's correct to assume that less mass means less heat storage, it was pointed out in the video comments or somewhere else, that the two devices could have just been at different points in their heat cycle so this was hardly a fair test. And it hardly qualifies the statement above.
It may also be possible that the new device was measuring and displaying the temperatures more quickly and accurately, hence showing this drop, and hopefully reacting to it, better.

I think the lesser or smoother haptic vibration on start up is intended, but I do need to check if I've switched it on sometimes.
And about paying more for less with this model, I remember being honoured to be given an OG Mighty discount for €295 about 2 years after launch.
I got this Mighty+ for €287 about only 2 weeks after launch and I feel it offers me more, whatever about the junk in the older box, filling aid etc. All that stuff is still available on the site for tiny amounts of money.
And I think even better Mighty+ deals will pop up as time goes by.

Also, like almost every single comparison or overview of the two so far, it neglects to mention that the old one will crack and fall apart and the new one likely will not due to improved housing material and/or changes to the casing designs.
The Crafty+ has been out for (x) years now and no cracks reported yet.

Afaik that post was compiled from online research and any potential negative that was heard about the vape so far, not from actually owning one. Maybe I'm wrong.
A) I'm telling you I've seen first hand friends scratch this bowl day 1.
This warning is not over the top, the ceramic is unfortunately appears to be easier to scratch that the aluminium. I wish this was not the case.
I wouldn't bother writing out that warning to people if this was not the case. In may be that these are a few odd cases, but somethings not right for it to happen day 1.

B) Troy tested it multiple times hitting both sides of the table. "One might argue that the wider surface area covered by the new feet was just more able to transmit these shocks up to the device to knock it, or each devices distance from the impact may have come into play," No hate intended, but isn't this just a long roundabout way of saying that the design isn't particularly stable and not the solution we were hoping for?

C) This is not just based off Troys video (though that is also relevant). This is based off other back to back heavy testing over a 40+ hour period.

That all being said, perhaps I came off too negative, I just wanted to outline information that I don't think is clearly out there for people that may effect someone's purchase.

I should also let you know I hold stocks in the company, so if anything I should be a shill lmao :D, but I'm actually being as honest as I can with people. I also won my Mighty in a competition.

Finally, I think it's important to clarify,
Mighty+ has some really nice benefits over the original Mighty
such as: +faster heatup + faster charging.
But people buying a Mighty+ are mostly aware of at these things already.

If you're enjoying the Mighty+ that's great, It's a fantastic vape, right now I still think it's the best on the market.
But please be careful with your bowl D':
I'm of the mindset that ceramic is a huge improvement over aluminium in theory.

I hope my words don't upset anyone, I don't come on here to cause any hate or anything, I just try to help.

To move to something more light hearted, I got my Mighty hooked up to a desk mic stand xD.
Some people might think i'm insane but i've found it to be the ultimate solution for me.
I would love to share a pic but i can't for privacy reasons.
Basically this Neewer mic stand comes with a phone holder that clasps the Mighty PERFECTLY.

40088405.jpg

It only cost me $15USD. For extra protection I use it combined with a 3rd party mighty stand that is threaded with a zip-tie connected to the stand, just in case the clamp fails, if it falls it's zip tied to the mic stand (hope that make sense, sorry that's a messy sentence)

So why do this? Yeah actually that's a good question lol.
Well for me I find it really useful to have hands free vaping, no annoying silicone tubes or any mess, I always have an extra hand clamping the device.
I like to play VR/Games and vape and so with this setup I can do that without any worry of breaking things xD

The clamp fits it almost like it was designed for the thing, I still have full access to take the cooling unit off, turn it on and off, access the pick, everything.

Last edited:

vapeape77

This warning is not over the top, the ceramic is unfortunately appears to be easier to scratch that the aluminium. I wish this was not the case.
I wouldn't bother writing out that warning to people if this was not the case. In may be that these are a few odd cases, but somethings not right for it to happen day 1.

B) Troy tested it multiple times hitting both sides of the table. "One might argue that the wider surface area covered by the new feet was just more able to transmit these shocks up to the device to knock it, or each devices distance from the impact may have come into play," No hate intended, but isn't this just a long roundabout way of saying that the design isn't particularly stable and not the solution we were hoping for?

C) This is not just based off Troys video (though that is also relevant). This is based off other back to back heavy testing over a 40+ hour period.

That all being said, perhaps I came off too negative, I just wanted to outline information that I don't think is clearly out there for people that may effect someone's purchase.

I should also let you know I hold stocks in the company, so if anything I should be a shill lmao :D, but I'm actually being as honest as I can with people. I also won my Mighty in a competition.

If you're enjoying the Mighty+ that's great, It's a fantastic vape, right now I still think it's the best on the market.

I hope my words don't upset anyone, I don't come on here to cause any hate or anything, I just try to help.

To move to something more light hearted, I got my Mighty hooked up to a desk mic stand xD.
Some people might think i'm insane but i've found it to be the ultimate solution for me.
Basically this Neewer mic stand comes with a phone holder that clasps the Mighty PERFECTLY.

40088405.jpg

It only cost me $15USD. For extra protection I use it combined with a 3rd party mighty stand that is threaded with a zip-tie connected to the stand, just in case the clamp fails, if it falls it's zip tied to the mic stand (hope that make sense, sorry that's a messy sentence)

Well for me I find it really useful to have hands free vaping, no annoying silicone tubes or any mess, I always have an extra hand clamping the device.
I like to play VR/Games and vape and so with this setup I can do that without any worry of breaking things xD

The clamp fits it almost like it was designed for the thing, I still have full access to take the cooling unit off, turn it on and off, access the pick, everything.
What type of competition was it exactly? With that prize I’m guessing bong ripping!

Some-new-user

40088405.jpg

Mighty on a mic stand makes perfect sense to me - hybrid tube usually attached with an elastic band while I play some guitar. I also hold the crafty/mighty in my teeth/lips popeye style for hands free, just bite down on the mouthpiece. Maybe the Mighty could be a little on the heavy side....Don't fully trust those O rings but nothing has gone on me yet. I also block the hole with my tongue as I exhale so I'm not blowing in to the vape.

MGG

It was actually one of those dumb competitions where it's like "hey like my post and U will go in the running to win". I never expected to actually win one lmao.

. I also hold the crafty/mighty in my teeth/lips popeye style for hands free, just bite down on the mouthpiece.
I used to do this too haha but will my lips not my teeth

stonedmallone

40088405.jpg

This is amazing and I want one.

stonedmallone,
Reactions: MGG
Top Bottom