The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Vape_ninja

Personally I think the biggest reason to consider a Mighty+ is the ceramic chamber.
Please feel free to disagree but I strongly believe that aluminium is not safe to use in a vaporizer and there is risk of aluminium dust inhalation, particularly as the bowl is worn down over time. Whilst this risk may be very small, I still perceive it as a risk nonetheless.

Though if that doesn't concern you then the original Mighty is a pretty good deal on sale, comes with a lot of extra bits compared to Mighty+ and seems to function mostly the same.

The only aspect i take solace in is that these units actually have medical verification and real studies done on them and with them.

But I believe Storz n Bickel made the move to ceramic for a reason. I was wary of aluminium before this and with people scratching their bowls they had to be inhaling some level of the dust.
but your sig says you own a Mighty

Vape_ninja,

MGG

I am an aluminum welder at times. I put more aluminum dust in the air in a few minutes than that while aluminum bowl is made of. I have no problems and don't expect any. Aluminum is an excellent conductor of heat.

I am fine with the new ceramic bowl.

I have a crafty+, not the newest one. Thinking about a Mighty Plus.

Everyone is different.
David
Then surely you of all people would know the well documented dangers of aluminium dust inhalation?

@Vape_ninja That is correct? What's your point sorry?

MGG,

David Root

Sure.
I wear a respirator when its thick in the air.
How much aluminum dust are you going to make? No abrasives come in contact with the bowl.

Then surely you of all people would know the well documented dangers of aluminium dust inhalation?

David
Over and out.

Vape_ninja

my point is if you truly believed it was that hazardous you wouldnt own and use a mighty? unless you think there are precautions to take to minimize inhalation of dust in that case im all ears

@David Root i think the screen being stainless steel at the bottom risks scratching it when you replace it, also the metal casing on the brush supplied (but you could always just get a different brush thats all plastic, like what comes with hair clippers or beard trimmers)

Someone said the dosing capsules scratch it, but how? they are also aluminium

I think if you wipe it every now and then with a very slightly damp bit of kitchen roll or paper towel that would remove any dust though?

Vape_ninja,

Vape_ninja

i find the design of the cooler somehow stops herb from going near the mouth piece, its quite clever
those still dont look at all fine compared to the arizer v tower /extreme q elbow screens , but remember very tight mesh screens will increase draw resistance a lot
if you end up with herb in your mouth you are grinding it too finely and/or drawing way too madly on the vape

vapeape77

Someone said the dosing capsules scratch it, but how? they are also aluminium

I think if you wipe it every now and then with a very slightly damp bit of kitchen roll or paper towel that would remove any dust though?
The lid’s edges on the aluminum cap are sharp, and also deform quite easily. If the cap gets turned slightly as you remove, it can scratch easy. That said, most of my scratches are from removing screens and overdoing scraping off crusted areas on the walls, don’t do it guys! Most of the crust was caused from doing the oil pad on top of a half bowl trick….

I do wonder if using a bubbler reduces the risk of metal intake?

Last edited:
vapeape77,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Can I throw a nug in instead of grinding? I feel like remember hearing Jerry from Troy and Jerry say that he does this.
You can. If bud is really dense, better to at least rough it up a little to open it up. Mighty can cook it up, but I agree it will not vape as efficiently as with ground flower, the clouds will be a little stronger with ground material, and you can get more in the chamber when you grind.:nod:

vapviking,

MGG

my point is if you truly believed it was that hazardous you wouldnt own and use a mighty? unless you think there are precautions to take to minimize inhalation of dust in that case im all ears
I won my mighty in a competition.
The precautions would be to not scratch your bowl.
As mentioned I also take some solace in the fact that this is the closest to what is recognised as an actual medical grade vape.

I'm considering upgrading to Mighty+ but waiting for more info. Was hoping for a bigger leap in the tech.
Can I throw a nug in instead of grinding? I feel like remember hearing Jerry from Troy and Jerry say that he does this.
This is the ONLY way I vape. I don't grind. Imo this is so underrated. I prefer vaping whole nug. Yes it takes longer to vape and is a tad wasteful but you can always finger grind the avb when it's dry or save it for edibles.
The benefits of not grinding is that the terpines evaporate slower which for me leads to a smoother tastier smoke that's more sustained throughout the whole session rather than 3 great hits followed by some harsher not as tasty ones. But your material has to be very resinous to begin with.
I recommend packing tight (on the verge of over packing) then 190c for sativa. 170c for indica (controversial temp choice but this is my personal preference. I always prefer lower temps for indicas myself).

I'm not saying this is how everyone gotta do it. If you like the grind no disrespect. This is just how I've been doing it for years now.

vapeape77

I won my mighty in a competition.
The precautions would be to not scratch your bowl.
As mentioned I also take some solace in the fact that this is the closest to what is recognised as an actual medical grade vape.

I'm considering upgrading to Mighty+ but waiting for more info. Was hoping for a bigger leap in the tech.

This is the ONLY way I vape. I don't grind. Imo this is so underrated. I prefer vaping whole nug. Yes it takes longer to vape and is a tad wasteful but you can always finger grind the avb when it's dry or save it for edibles.
The benefits of not grinding is that the terpines evaporate slower which for me leads to a smoother tastier smoke that's more sustained throughout the whole session rather than 3 great hits followed by some harsher not as tasty ones. But your material has to be very resinous to begin with.
I recommend packing tight (on the verge of over packing) then 190c for sativa. 170c for indica (controversial temp choice but this is my personal preference. I always prefer lower temps for indicas myself).

I'm not saying this is how everyone gotta do it. If you like the grind no disrespect. This is just how I've been doing it for years now.
All right you convinced me to try it, I’m gonna put a “powdery” nug of Blue Dream in my Mighty in the AM. I don’t follow why you separate temps by Sativa and Indica since it’s more about strain profiles for terps. Example Super Lemon Hazing coming from Northern Lights #5 indica

Seantagon

I really like upgrades for the +, but I went for the Mighty OG, the price was too good to pass up, got another 5% off so came to $304CDN or $242USD or 210€ or £178 before 13%tax, feel like I stole it. Also picked up a plastic stand, Delta3D wpa and glass mp. I have a Simrell mp adapter already and a Mighty bubbler that think I can make a glass wpa out of the bowl mounting piece.

We’ll see what I’ve been missing if anything and what 420 Troy raves about when he’s not coughing his lungs up.

Thnx for the insight.
Hey do you go about that extra 5% off? I subscribed to their list, but got nothing.

Seantagon,

MGG

All right you convinced me to try it, I’m gonna put a “powdery” nug of Blue Dream in my Mighty in the AM. I don’t follow why you separate temps by Sativa and Indica since it’s more about strain profiles for terps. Example Super Lemon Hazing coming from Northern Lights #5 indica
Enjoy :) My temp choice is not about the terpenes, for me personally (and it's completely subjective) Indicas are too heavy for me, so I find if I lower the temp the high becomes a bit more functional.

Last edited:

vapeape77

Enjoy :) My temp choice is not about the terpenes, for me personally (and it's completely subjective) Indicas are too heavy for me, so I find if I lower the temp the high becomes a bit more functional.
Damn dude, I’ve been missing out all these years….. The flavor profile on a dry tight nug of lemon haze was excellent from 180c 190 and even at 200 end of session. Toasted off at 210 and no burnt taste. Maybe the vapor amount is less at 180, but I’m fine with that. Thanks for the heads up, this nug is toast and so am I, maybe there was more bud in the oven with the compact bud 🥳
PS: damn my casing is dirty AF, don’t judge😂🤙🍀 I just took a brush and wood stick too it at least

Last edited:

canadianvapelife

Damn dude, I’ve been missing out all these years….. The flavor profile on a dry tight nug of lemon haze was excellent from 180c 190 and even at 200 end of session. Toasted off at 210 and no burnt taste. Maybe the vapor amount is less at 180, but I’m fine with that. Thanks for the heads up, this nug is toast and so am I, maybe there was more bud in the oven with the compact bud 🥳
PS: damn my casing is dirty AF, don’t judge😂🤙🍀 I just took a brush and wood stick too it at least
I also just tried a nug. Chose one that was on the drier side and it worked great. A little whispy on the vapour but definitely full of flavour. And yes the nug is cooked and so I am 🤙🏽

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Before I saw your last sentence I was constructing the reply in my head, "Dude, you know that little brush that comes with Mighty?..."
Not to judge, just to remind that the air intake is right below those dusty fins in photo2. Not that you're gonna get a mouthful, but over time dust does begin to clog the air inlet port (that's inside the case, not visible from outside)
First opportunity, I'm putting a nug of Black Triangle Kush in the bowl for the memories, and the ride!

vapeape77

Before I saw your last sentence I was constructing the reply in my head, "Dude, you know that little brush that comes with Mighty?..."
Not to judge, just to remind that the air intake is right below those dusty fins in photo2. Not that you're gonna get a mouthful, but over time dust does begin to clog the air inlet port (that's inside the case, not visible from outside)
First opportunity, I'm putting a nug of Black Triangle Kush in the bowl for the memories, and the ride!
I need to blow that shit out with something…. Last time I tried to remove the abv and dust with qtips didn’t work well

vapeape77,
Reactions: BigJr48
Top Bottom