The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

blackstone

@blackstone,

And the reply,

Service (STORZ & BICKEL)

Nov 5, 2021, 23:15 GMT+1

Hello,

Thank you for your message. Unfortunately the MIGHTY does not qualify for the 3 year warranty. Our apologies.
Technical Service
STORZ & BICKEL America, Inc.
1078 60th St Suite A
Oakland, CA 94608

Hey, @Been Vapin, is that photo of the bowl the 'before' or the 'after' picture? :hmm: :rofl:

That’s interesting, so an extra year only if you register and with a plus model.
Thanks very much for helping and finding out that information, because it looks like they finally got rid of that "Compare Vaporizers" table of info from their website after all these years. Maybe it got too messy with these new models, Volcano colourways, and extended warranties etc.

I said I would post a picture of my Mighty+ bowl after five weeks of capsule only use,
It looks like it was hardly used but there was quite a bit of use as I've been charging the vape and harvesting reclaim often enough! There is actually a light yellow ring mark already that you can't see here.
20211108-011412.jpg

Trying to keep the bowl clean was one reason I switched to using capsules only. The only little thing I do sometimes is wipe around the hot bowl edge with a clean dry cotton wool pad to absorb any oils, but I still wish I did that more often. And of course wipe around the CU ridge often too and I have no screen up there.
I used to use iso wipes but I thought the iso might be helping any brown oil residue to seep deeper into grooves, so I tried this occasional hot dry wipe absorbtion method!

Here is a Crafty+ bowl of mine that has about 70 hours capsule only use, so the edge can still eventually get a slight brown ring around the 60 to 100 hour mark.
20211108-011715.jpg

I believe some of this was due to the odd slip up where a drop of brown oil falls down from the CU and soaks into the groove, but it could be mostly from airborne droplets too I guess!

PS. Maybe it's just me but I'm noticing no timer shut down (w/ haptic notices) yet with Mighty+, like I did with all their previous portables, only a stepping back down to regular temperature after boosts.
This tells me that possibly the draw sensor is now working well and it notices each draw I take to reset the timer, or maybe they got rid of the timer function altogether due to complaints about it, and maybe having better battery life means it doesn't need a power saving timer function so much now?

triskelion

I use the orange pick to make my mighty+ stand for loading purposes, not a fun of dosing caps, that's just me, I like the way it stands slanted towards me, which makes loading convenient for me, I like the cleaner oven appearance after much use, S&B supercharger would come in handy if budget permits:)

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Anyone with a Mighty+ hear a faint, constant clicking sound when the unit is powered on?

time to clean cooling unit again, this just leaked out onto table, leaked from the top locking tab area while unit was warm and laying on side
View attachment 14155
Yeah, it could use a cleaning.
Even so, I don't think it should be leaking there, there is a silicone o-ring seal in there. Very easy to mangle/tear that with the locking tab if it is not seated all the way down on its post when you assemble the c/u.
A leak there would probably weaken your hits.
You can check if your c/u is tight by (removing it) covering the screen with a thumb and trying to draw. If there's good resistance, it is sealed well. That's always the final check I do after a cleaning.

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
Yeah, it could use a cleaning.
Even so, I don't think it should be leaking there, there is a silicone o-ring seal in there. Very easy to mangle/tear that with the locking tab if it is not seated all the way down on its post when you assemble the c/u.
A leak there would probably weaken your hits.
You can check if your c/u is tight by (removing it) covering the screen with a thumb and trying to draw. If there's good resistance, it is sealed well. That's always the final check I do after a cleaning.

the tab oring was fine and there was no leak from there. Couldn’t figure it out. Turns out the resin actually leaked up and out the mouth piece!

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
Cleaned out the cooling unit for the second time since receiving the mighty+ last month. took about 1 hour.

Since switching to whole nug vs ground, there was a lot less ABV material in the cooling unit, and a lot of pure looking oil.

I collected the cooling unit oil with a dabber and then wrapped it in 25u screen and pressed it in modified hair straightener.

probably will make some 00 capsule edibles with it
1636557406922.jpeg

1636557367731.jpeg
1636557588613.jpeg

OldPotHead

I vape to get even
So happy to join the Mighty+ group. I am a long time vapist and Arizer portable lover, but been waiting on the + and took the plunge when it appeared. I love, love, love it. I am using the dosing capsules and learning every day just where my sweet spot is. Lots of variables, choices, which is beyond awesome.

I hope to have lots more to add, but I need to digest this entire thread and try just about everything...

Things I love initially
Capsules
Taste
Effect
45 Watt Charger
Pass Through Charging
Convenience
Screen and Buttons
Vibration

vapviking

Old & In the Way
So happy to join the Mighty+ group. I am a long time vapist and Arizer portable lover, but been waiting on the + and took the plunge when it appeared. I love, love, love it. I am using the dosing capsules and learning every day just where my sweet spot is. Lots of variables, choices, which is beyond awesome.

I hope to have lots more to add, but I need to digest this entire thread and try just about everything...

Things I love initially
Capsules
Taste
Effect
45 Watt Charger
Pass Through Charging
Convenience
Screen and Buttons
Vibration
Noticed you're new here.
Welcome to FC!

OldPotHead

I vape to get even
Thank you...
Quick observation on low temps.

I packed about a few caps kinda tight with a medium grind. I set the oven for 340 and pulled slow and soft. It took a couple of seconds for vapor to build but the power and length of the session, in both effect and taste, was off the chart for me. I was able to drag this session out for quite some time, maybe 10 or 15 minutes - eventually bumping up to 360 to finish it off. Highest I've been in months, and all at low temp, which was very easy on my throat and lungs. Very impressed with Mighty+.

OldPotHead

I vape to get even
I don't mean to monopolize the thread, but I'm learning that you can grind and pack your way to into a very extended gradual step up session with dosing caps. With no exaggeration, I'm learning how to milk a cap for an hour or more. 340, 350, 360, 380, 400. I simply used the large S&B grinder and packed the caps pretty tight [I find hand packing, tamping with pic tool, to be the easiest method for me to get this right]. It seems with Mighty+, I can load 4 or 5 caps, and go all evening, high AF [which is so nice]. I never realized I was leaving so much goodness behind - the Mighty is like a bottomless pit of vapor when operated like this.

And with pass through charging, I don't ever have to worry about battery life [also have a Crafty+ as a back up].

Last edited:

Philreal187

I also picked up the Mighty+ after watching the Mighty thread since day one!

I’ve exclusively been using this vape for close to 3 weeks and love the vapor out put. It definitely is the most easy to use portable I have ever had the chance to use. I actually haven’t used any dosing caps yet and just pack the oven full with ground flower and tamp it down. After each session I empty out the avb and use the SB brush on the cooling unit screen and quickly in the hot oven. Seems to be keeping it nice and clean!

I was curious about the same thing as @Been Vapin with the faint consistent clicking while the might+ is running…?

Also was wonder about the 45w charger. Can I just buy any 45w charging block and it will work as a fast charger? Any recommendations on which one to get. The local stores only had 60w or higher and I was unsure if that could damage the batteries so I held off.

Over all the Vaporizer is incredible I got it to replace me solo 2 as my daily driver and it has certainly filled those shoes with ease. I was pretty disappointed about the lack of accessories particularly the fast charger.. I think tossing in an extra pick would have been a nice touch since it basically the key component to it standing on its own.

The battery life is solid but not overwhelming in comparison to the solo 2. I did kinda find a hack to extend the sessions. Once the first vibration of the ending session goes off double tap the power button to give it a boost. That trick has reset the timer as far as I can tell and helps get a full extraction without the unit turning off automatically then turning it back on to finish.

Was expecting a flood of new reviews when this first dropped but really hasn’t happened hoping to hear more about everyone else’s experience and opinions as well!! :peace:

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
I also picked up the Mighty+ after watching the Mighty thread since day one!

I’ve exclusively been using this vape for close to 3 weeks and love the vapor out put. It definitely is the most easy to use portable I have ever had the chance to use. I actually haven’t used any dosing caps yet and just pack the oven full with ground flower and tamp it down. After each session I empty out the avb and use the SB brush on the cooling unit screen and quickly in the hot oven. Seems to be keeping it nice and clean!

I was curious about the same thing as @Been Vapin with the faint consistent clicking while the might+ is running…?

Also was wonder about the 45w charger. Can I just buy any 45w charging block and it will work as a fast charger? Any recommendations on which one to get. The local stores only had 60w or higher and I was unsure if that could damage the batteries so I held off.

Over all the Vaporizer is incredible I got it to replace me solo 2 as my daily driver and it has certainly filled those shoes with ease. I was pretty disappointed about the lack of accessories particularly the fast charger.. I think tossing in an extra pick would have been a nice touch since it basically the key component to it standing on its own.

The battery life is solid but not overwhelming in comparison to the solo 2. I did kinda find a hack to extend the sessions. Once the first vibration of the ending session goes off double tap the power button to give it a boost. That trick has reset the timer as far as I can tell and helps get a full extraction without the unit turning off automatically then turning it back on to finish.

Was expecting a flood of new reviews when this first dropped but really hasn’t happened hoping to hear more about everyone else’s experience and opinions as well!! :peace:
im thinking about purchasing this one. make sure it has usb C PD. pretty sure people have been using higher wattage chargers Such as MacBook charger.

video of clicking, turn volume UP

OldPotHead

I vape to get even
After coming off Solo2, I agree, the battery life might a bit shorter but not less. I guess the obvious trade off is the crazy power available on the Mighty.

There are probably many ways to have a great session, depending on what you're after. I've been stepping up from very low temps. This is hell on battery efficiency [if you define it by number of caps vs time], great on the weed efficiency [I can milk capsule for awhile], effect, and also suits my slow sip style.

I think with the right experimentation, it can be just about anything you want it to be.

Robert-in-YEG

Things I love initially
Capsules
Taste
Effect
45 Watt Charger
Pass Through Charging
Convenience
Screen and Buttons
Vibration
I think I might have that same sickness too......

A friend asked me, "Robert, how many flashlights do you need?". That is a very easy question to answer. "Always, one more". Looks like vape hardware falls into the same category.

Robert-in-YEG

“It’s CANnabis, not CAN’Tabis.”
— Unknown

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I did kinda find a hack to extend the sessions. Once the first vibration of the ending session goes off double tap the power button to give it a boost. That trick has reset the timer as far as I can tell
Hack? A temp change of one degree will reset timer and save wear on the power button.
A friend asked me, "Robert, how many flashlights do you need?". That is a very easy question to answer. "Always, one more". Looks like vape hardware falls into the same category.
This about sums up VAS (Vape Acquisition Syndrome).

Edit/Add;
A Stroll Down Memory Lane

I was rummaging and making some garbage and came across these blasts from Mighty past.

I made a stand before any of 'em! It is what it is, necessity being the Mother that it is.
And this is the Muzzmod, the best Mighty wpa ever, period. It is no longer in service because of a minor leak, plus most of my glass is 14mm now. And pretty good wpa's are available now...

20211111_153146.jpg20211111_153156.jpg20211111_153247.jpg

Last edited:

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I don't mean to monopolize the thread, but I'm learning that you can grind and pack your way to into a very extended gradual step up session with dosing caps. With no exaggeration, I'm learning how to milk a cap for an hour or more. 340, 350, 360, 380, 400. I simply used the large S&B grinder and packed the caps pretty tight [I find hand packing, tamping with pic tool, to be the easiest method for me to get this right]. It seems with Mighty+, I can load 4 or 5 caps, and go all evening, high AF [which is so nice]. I never realized I was leaving so much goodness behind - the Mighty is like a bottomless pit of vapor when operated like this.

And with pass through charging, I don't ever have to worry about battery life [also have a Crafty+ as a back up].
This is how I’ve been using dosing caps in the Mighty for years now…..just packing the hell out of one. (The pile of ground flower I can pack into a capsule is like some kind of stoner‘s magic trick.) I usually sandwich in a little concentrate and the combo produces vapor forever….I’m usually hitting one capsule for two or three hours every night. When it’s done the ABV is usually super dark, so I find the extraction is the most thorough using this approach.

So yeah, bottomless pit of vapor is a good description!

OldPotHead

I vape to get even
This is how I’ve been using dosing caps in the Mighty for years now…..just packing the hell out of one. (The pile of ground flower I can pack into a capsule is like some kind of stoner‘s magic trick.) I usually sandwich in a little concentrate and the combo produces vapor forever….I’m usually hitting one capsule for two or three hours every night. When it’s done the ABV is usually super dark, so I find the extraction is the most thorough using this approach.

So yeah, bottomless pit of vapor is a good description!
The pile of ground flower that you can pack into a capsule IS truly amazing. I'm going to try dropping a small amount of concentrate in as well. I amazed you can shut down and restart without missing a beat. With on strain I was able to start at 340. Current strain I'm starting at 350. I use the arrow buttons to bump up temp when I get a vibration, or I just let it shut down for a couple of minutes [depends on my natural flow, which I try to LET happen].

Endless fun with Mighty... it is truly the Rolls Royce of vaporizers.

Top Bottom