The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

bltkmt

Creamcityvapes has a og Mighty bundle for $244. Comes with a mighty stand and 40 capsules! ( new with 20% xtra batt). Just bought one I never had a Mighty before, but went through 3 Craftys (last one died a couple months ago). Can’t wait!

That looks like a really good deal.

blackstone

A) I'm telling you I've seen first hand friends scratch this bowl day 1.
This warning is not over the top, the ceramic is unfortunately appears to be easier to scratch that the aluminium. I wish this was not the case.
I wouldn't bother writing out that warning to people if this was not the case. In may be that these are a few odd cases, but somethings not right for it to happen day 1.

B) Troy tested it multiple times hitting both sides of the table. "One might argue that the wider surface area covered by the new feet was just more able to transmit these shocks up to the device to knock it, or each devices distance from the impact may have come into play," No hate intended, but isn't this just a long roundabout way of saying that the design isn't particularly stable and not the solution we were hoping for?

C) This is not just based off Troys video (though that is also relevant). This is based off other back to back heavy testing over a 40+ hour period.

That all being said, perhaps I came off too negative, I just wanted to outline information that I don't think is clearly out there for people that may effect someone's purchase.

I should also let you know I hold stocks in the company, so if anything I should be a shill lmao :D, but I'm actually being as honest as I can with people. I also won my Mighty in a competition.

Finally, I think it's important to clarify,
Mighty+ has some really nice benefits over the original Mighty
such as: +faster heatup + faster charging.
But people buying a Mighty+ are mostly aware of at these things already.

If you're enjoying the Mighty+ that's great, It's a fantastic vape, right now I still think it's the best on the market.
But please be careful with your bowl D':
I'm of the mindset that ceramic is a huge improvement over aluminium in theory.

I hope my words don't upset anyone, I don't come on here to cause any hate or anything, I just try to help.

To move to something more light hearted, I got my Mighty hooked up to a desk mic stand xD.
Some people might think i'm insane but i've found it to be the ultimate solution for me.
I would love to share a pic but i can't for privacy reasons.
Basically this Neewer mic stand comes with a phone holder that clasps the Mighty PERFECTLY.

40088405.jpg

It only cost me $15USD. For extra protection I use it combined with a 3rd party mighty stand that is threaded with a zip-tie connected to the stand, just in case the clamp fails, if it falls it's zip tied to the mic stand (hope that make sense, sorry that's a messy sentence)

So why do this? Yeah actually that's a good question lol.
Well for me I find it really useful to have hands free vaping, no annoying silicone tubes or any mess, I always have an extra hand clamping the device.
I like to play VR/Games and vape and so with this setup I can do that without any worry of breaking things xD

The clamp fits it almost like it was designed for the thing, I still have full access to take the cooling unit off, turn it on and off, access the pick, everything.

I think it's the same ceramic coating on the Volcano Hybrid parts and if there was a weakness in that we would surely hear about it on here.
People in the Hybrid thread mention using the steel pads too, as I have.
With my Hybrid capsule reducer, I thought the coating was maybe a little less uniform or dark than what came on my larger bowl, just saying there might be variations or possible QC issues like where a bad bowl coating got out and maybe your friend just needs to show them?
On the Hybrid, I noticed wear marks on the upper stainless screen where it contacts my ceramic coated reducer bowl on closing and opening, and there is no wear on the coating.
This tells me the ceramic coating surface is possibly harder than stainless steel.
It's easy to write on or mark the coating using a capsule, I just tried it on my Hybrid bowl and it mostly wipes off with a finger.

I thought if I had read a warning like that first and was less able to think for myself, I might not have bought the Mighty+, or used capsules in it, yet I've had nothing but a great time doing this!
You may have already considered this and let everyone take it how they may but I thought it would be unnecessarily off putting to a cautious buyer, or to anyone who did not have a positive experience with the first model (yes, there are a few!)
But in my experience so far, these points, "the ceramic is not compatible with dosing capsules without risking scratching" and "this ceramic is less durable than the aluminium" I would disagree with.
Marks or silver smudges maybe.

And I think that vibrations in the surface/table is just not what they were looking out for.
It's very stable if you put the pick certain ways, like as a desk stand, and there is potential for very simple additions to help it stay there. But they probably should have first showed everyone that the pick was being used, to avoid unmet expectations.
I find it nice when cooling the vape off to stand it with no cooling unit, or it stands very well at my bedside.
I think the reason for not putting bigger feet or a flat bottom was to keep the shape, possibly to drop it in a pants pocket and not scrape your leg.

That is a cool idea for holding a Mighty like that and could also be useful for fatigue or weakness issues.
As for positive Mighty+ things I wanted to add,
I really like that they did not fit Bluetooth that gives a signal to visitors with the words "Storz and Bickel" like Crafty does when charging.
I have to get some close ups of the new air entry port as it's fairly stylish and shaped for flow, maybe why it makes a certain noise while drawing.
The battery capacity is good, if you've spent a year or two with a vape that needs rather strict charging habits like a Crafty, you'll likely always have lots of portable power in reserve with a Mighty+. Especially if you have a few other options lying around too.
And also, they did pretty much nail the "clouds from the first draw" thing that was mentioned in that speech.

I did not realise you had got your hands on one somewhere for a test, but if you say the clouds are comparable if not slightly bigger out of the new device then it's doubtful the heater is being overwhelmed more than before, regardless of what's on the display.
The improved housing is quite important to me and is almost worth any extra money (which after discount, I did not pay!) if it works and doesn't crack.
My first Mighty cracked just before two years was up and the replacement did too after another two years but I was SOL then. I felt bad selling it cheap to a guy but made sure he was fully aware of it. Still not a bad total lifetime for the cost.
Some people were almost set to make a living out of the first Mighty cracking it was so common, with a fix or replacement for the cracking cases.

@vapviking Did you (or anybody here) ever figure out if the OG Mighty is eligible for one year extra warranty on registration or not?
That might be another little benefit to the + models? Hopefully the 3 years is not their estimate on the improved housing's lifespan!

MGG

It's good to get different perspectives, I can understand how the bold red text could scare people off.
Could it be possible there's inconsistencies on the coating? Perhaps.
Regardless, words are one thing, here is proof clear as day.
so people can see scratching on day 1 first hand with the capsules.

capsuleee.JPG

I should also note a positive with the Mighty+ is that the heating tech is better, it will heat up faster and provide slightly denser clouds. I found this improvement on the Crafty+ also. compared to OG versions.

Also there has been a new concern (warning) that I want others to try and confirm.
There has been a report that a combination of SUPER BOOST MODE + PASS THROUGH POWER causes the Mighty+ to give a ERR004 message.

It may be that this mode worked well on Crafty+ but was not properly tested by Storz n Bickel in pass through. So far 2 units have been confirmed to have this problem though more investigation is needed to confirm the cause. Can other people with Mighty+ test if when you go to super boost mode 210c and are using passthrough if you get this ERR004 message after extended use?

Seantagon

It's good to get different perspectives, I can understand how the bold red text could scare people off.

View attachment 13907

I should also note a positive with the Mighty+ is that the heating tech is better, it will heat up faster and provide slightly denser clouds. I found this improvement on the Crafty+ also. compared to OG versions.

Also there has been a new concern (warning) that I want others to try and confirm.
There has been a report that a combination of SUPER BOOST MODE + PASS THROUGH POWER causes the Mighty+ to give a ERR004 message.

It may be that this mode worked well on Crafty+ but was not properly tested by Storz n Bickel in pass through. So far 2 units have been confirmed to have this problem though more investigation is needed to confirm the cause. Can other people with Mighty+ test if when you go to super boost mode 210c and are using passthrough if you get this ERR004 message after extended use?
Are you referring to that little scratch on the left side inner part of the bowl? I thought the white part above it was the ceramic part and the inner was still metal?

Seantagon,

condition

The issue with scratches makes me wonder if they actually test new Mighty with various vaping methods before releasing it. S&B marketed the capsules and knew that many of their customers use them exclusively.

condition,

blackstone

View attachment 13907

Sure looks rough. Hard to tell with that focus but that could be still the smudge marks that I mention like the capsule is writing or leaving deposits on the bowl wall, not actual scratches to the finish.
I have an extremely faint line mark in one small part at that height after a month of just capsules but it's not a concern. So maybe something did go wrong in your image.
This here is a poorly taken picture of my slightly grubby, bent Volcano Hybrid upper screen where it contacts ceramic coating and rotates slightly each time.
There are four areas like this on the screen and this is the second screen it happened on over 1 year.
The stainless steel wires are worn flat and have shiny surfaces where they touch the ceramic coated part and there is no wear whatsoever on the coated part.
The ceramic coating surface on the Hybrid is hard enough to eventually abrade stainless steel, is my conclusion.
Screenshot-2021-10-30-13-11-42.png

Cannabiker

The ceramic coating surface on the Hybrid is hard enough to eventually abrade stainless steel
Sure, but materials with high hardness are usually also very brittle, and they can be damaged by materials with lower hardness. A diamond is harder than a hammer, but it's pretty obvious which will win a smashing contest. If the ceramic coating on the oven is very thin, it could be damaged if you drag something against it hard enough to deform the underlying surface. Since the ceramic is inflexible, it would crack under those conditions, then chip away. While it's hard to tell definitively from the photo, it looks like that's a possibility.

canadianvapelife

I've vaped bubble hash and regular hash in the mighty, but put it under the pad. regular (hard) hash needs to be cut into tiny pieces and (probably) vaped at the highest temperatures. it works great - it's really nice to be able to taste the hash.
I was worried it would fall through the screen and get down into the heater and what not. This isn't an issue?

canadianvapelife,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Petetbay

I was worried it would fall through the screen and get down into the heater and what not. This isn't an issue?
I use e-cig coil cotton(organic unbleached) cut to fit bowl very thin layer top and bottom keeps small particles contained though bowl sides can get stained. Works well in most vapes and I find is the best way to vape old style hash in a vapcap really keeps it clean.

MGG

Is anyone getting ERR004 with Mighty+
In superbooster mode + pass through charging at same time?

MGG,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Is anyone getting ERR004 with Mighty+
In superbooster mode + pass through charging at same time?
You asked the same question just a few posts back. Between this and that big RED psa warning, you could easily be called an alarmist. From what I gather, your concerns are based on a small sample of anecdotes.

I don't know for sure, but I think ERR004 is an overheat warning?
Does the device shut down when the message comes up, and allow itself to be powered on after cooling a bit?
Or did you mean super boost charge mode (and not temp boost)?

vapviking,
Reactions: BigJr48

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Google says,
The display of the MIGHTY shows: ERR 004. The Vaporizer is faulty. In this case, disconnect from the mains without delay and get in touch immediately with our Service Center. Do not leave the device unat- tended during operation.
And there is always the manual,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Google says,
The display of the MIGHTY shows: ERR 004. The Vaporizer is faulty. In this case, disconnect from the mains without delay and get in touch immediately with our Service Center. Do not leave the device unat- tended during operation.
And there is always the manual,
That would have been too easy, I would rather stumble through life with my shitty memory, apparently...

MGG

Between this and that big RED psa warning, you could easily be called an alarmist. From what I gather, your concerns are based on a small sample of anecdotes.
Lmao. Okay I'm done here. I'm not an 'alarmist'.
All the information I've shared is real and legitimate experience with the Mighty+.
Of course my concerns are based on a number of small anecdotes, this is early days for a new device, what would persuade you? a peer reviewed study?

Yes I'm aware of the googles ERR004 message, which pertains specifically to the Mighty. However there have been 2 individual Mighty+ devices that have shown a consistent issue with SUPERBOOST + PASSTHROUGH. If I was an alarmist I'd say this is definitively an issue with 'ALL UNITS' but I didn't, I tried to reach out to see if anyone else is experiencing this problem. To help people.

From this and a number of you deeply underplaying the significance of a scratch like that on day 1 on a device that specifically marketed as being more scratch resistant than the original Mighty. Seriously, I don't know what to say.

What do I have to gain from warning people and reaching out? Other than helping them make an educated choice.
Every negative i've said i've made an effort to underline multiple positives the device offers but there are serious real issues with the Mighty+ which seem to indicate that it was rushed to market. With 2 devices being able to consistently replicate the ERR004 message I doubt I will be the last person to come forwards with this information. However it is likely possible that Storz n Bickel could release a firmware update through USB-C.

No dramas or hate, but this is just not worth my time anymore.
Especially if people are going to attempt to downplay or make personal judgements as if I have some kind of agenda to stir up fear.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Lmao. Okay I'm done here. I'm not an 'alarmist'.
All the information I've shared is real and legitimate experience with the Mighty+.
Of course my concerns are based on a number of small anecdotes, this is early days for a new device, what would persuade you? a peer reviewed study?

Yes I'm aware of the googles ERR004 message, which pertains specifically to the Mighty. However there have been 2 individual Mighty+ devices that have shown a consistent issue with SUPERBOOST + PASSTHROUGH. If I was an alarmist I'd say this is definitively an issue with 'ALL UNITS' but I didn't, I tried to reach out to see if anyone else is experiencing this problem. To help people.

From this and a number of you deeply underplaying the significance of a scratch like that on day 1 on a device that specifically marketed as being more scratch resistant than the original Mighty. Seriously, I don't know what to say.

What do I have to gain from warning people and reaching out? Other than helping them make an educated choice.
Every negative i've said i've made an effort to underline multiple positives the device offers but there are serious real issues with the Mighty+ which seem to indicate that it was rushed to market. With 2 devices being able to consistently replicate the ERR004 message I doubt I will be the last person to come forwards with this information. However it is likely possible that Storz n Bickel could release a firmware update through USB-C.

No dramas or hate, but this is just not worth my time anymore.
Especially if people are going to attempt to downplay or make personal judgements as if I have some kind of agenda to stir up fear.
Hey! I didn't mean you needed to stfu... :)

Sorry, I thought the all-red thing was a bit over the top.
I appreciate your input here and I'm sure others do as well, it all adds to the knowledge base.

And, you've helped me feel smug about purchasing an og earlier this year. :smug:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@vapviking Did you (or anybody here) ever figure out if the OG Mighty is eligible for one year extra warranty on registration or not?
That might be another little benefit to the + models? Hopefully the 3 years is not their estimate on the improved housing's lifespan!
I sent an email to support this morning, with the question about 3rd year warranty on my og Mighty. (purchased 2/21, then registered on S&B site)
There's no problem with the unit, just the question about the extension of warranty.

Seantagon

finally Got my new Mighty delivered today. ive been missing the S&B experience since my 3rd Crafty died several months back. I am so happy with this, it’s the only device my wife really enjoys using with me lol. It really just pores vapor so effortlessly. 😎

RELAX

Does the Might+ fit in the OG stands people sell/make for the Mighty? Or is anyone making stands for the Mighty+ yet?

RELAX,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
Just did a deep cleaning on the mighty+ oven, most of the the stuck stuff wiped right out with some isopropyl , used my fingernail to help too, it reminded me a cleaning a SiC nail insert. Replaced the bottom screen with fresh one, it was really nasty, lots of build up. Pretty easy to remove and insert the oven screen, no scratches from it

1635954956886.jpeg
1635955212614.jpeg

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@blackstone,
I sent an email to support this morning, with the question about 3rd year warranty on my og Mighty. (purchased 2/21, then registered on S&B site)
There's no problem with the unit, just the question about the extension of warranty.
And the reply,

Service (STORZ & BICKEL)

Nov 5, 2021, 23:15 GMT+1

Hello,

Thank you for your message. Unfortunately the MIGHTY does not qualify for the 3 year warranty. Our apologies.
Technical Service
STORZ & BICKEL America, Inc.
1078 60th St Suite A
Oakland, CA 94608

Hey, @Been Vapin, is that photo of the bowl the 'before' or the 'after' picture? :hmm: :rofl:

Last edited:

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
@blackstone,

And the reply,

Service (STORZ & BICKEL)

Nov 5, 2021, 23:15 GMT+1

Hello,

Thank you for your message. Unfortunately the MIGHTY does not qualify for the 3 year warranty. Our apologies.
Technical Service
STORZ & BICKEL America, Inc.
1078 60th St Suite A
Oakland, CA 94608

Hey, @Been Vapin, is that photo of the bowl the 'before' or the 'after' picture? :hmm: :rofl:
after, forgot to take a before pic, it was pretty bad

just look at that bottom screen pic, encrusted

Last edited:
Top Bottom