• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Grasshopper

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
I ordered my first GH in April and preordered the Zion in June too. I expect the Zion first, but either way i think it will be a pretty fun combination between the both of them.

I think a long time ago in a Galaxy far far away these two companies even talked about doing a future vape together. No joke.

The Grasshopper is an amazing "PERSONAL" device, I have had my SS since the first holiday backer round which I guess was already June WHOA! and it's been my daily driver, go-to vape ever since. I recently got my backer Ti and as I expected, every "problem" with a GH (heat, battery life) that I have only considered "problems" in a group setting are solved easily by just having more hoppers. Now when folks come over they can just consume the strain they want from my shelf at their own pace and me at mine. it's a different but in my opinion better way to consume.

That said, sometimes it's nice to just pass it around like a bottle of booze and for that I say either use a GH with a bong (oh the flavor of bong rips at temp 3:science:)

OR

As some have done get a companion session vape. I got the mivape a few weeks ago and for sharing it's awesome! A few non-tragic QC issues over there also and this is vaporfecrion's second device so as I've said I think we all need to be realistic that vapes are a new technology, so yeah I've had to buy a new mivape moutpeice (at discount because warranty was going to take to long as I'm traveling) and the moutpeice door has a crack but it's not a real problem.

And I would rather not send it back for these minor problems now because I don't want to go without having that deliciousness of flower+hash of the same strain that the mivape can do.

Both vapes are convection, flavor chasing dreams come true but also very different products.

I know a lot of people pair their Grasshoppper with a Crafty, I bet the firewood would be good also. The problem with session vapes after the Grasshooper is the start up time seems like forever although the mivape is decent, about a minute but nothing is like the grasshopper 5 seconds.

Particularly for patients, I think the GH startup time is simply a must have. Not all use medical but it can be, for example, last night I had some revenge of too spicer a dinner, A quick grab of the grasshopper and a pinch of Hell's Angel and I was back to sleep with a settled stomach before my pax2 would have even been ready!

One last thing, I went over to HL the other day to catch up a bit, it's a bustle of activity over there so DONT PANIC!

zymos

But weren't a big chunk of the pledges made in the last couple of days of the campaign? 300 seems smaller than I would have expected. I'm one of them, still waiting.....

Also, before anyone bothers doing the math, that's 300 backers, not 300 hoppers. Plenty of people have added on extras since the campaign closed.

AgentXero

Also, before anyone bothers doing the math, that's 300 backers, not 300 hoppers. Plenty of people have added on extras since the campaign closed.

I thought of the same thing. Oh well, this last update sounded good, even though it was late. But hopefully @slcbdco is right about witnessing some hard work going on at HL.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The Grasshopper is an amazing "PERSONAL" device, I have had my SS since the first holiday backer round which I guess was already June WHOA! and it's been my daily driver, go-to vape ever since. I recently got my backer Ti and as I expected, every "problem" with a GH (heat, battery life) that I have only considered "problems" in a group setting are solved easily by just having more hoppers. Now when folks come over they can just consume the strain they want from my shelf at their own pace and me at mine. it's a different but in my opinion better way to consume.

That said, sometimes it's nice to just pass it around like a bottle of booze and for that I say either use a GH with a bong (oh the flavor of bong rips at temp 3:science:)

OR

As some have done get a companion session vape. I got the mivape a few weeks ago and for sharing it's awesome! A few non-tragic QC issues over there also and this is vaporfecrion's second device so as I've said I think we all need to be realistic that vapes are a new technology, so yeah I've had to buy a new mivape moutpeice (at discount because warranty was going to take to long as I'm traveling) and the moutpeice door has a crack but it's not a real problem.

And I would rather not send it back for these minor problems now because I don't want to go without having that deliciousness of flower+hash of the same strain that the mivape can do.

Both vapes are convection, flavor chasing dreams come true but also very different products.

I know a lot of people pair their Grasshoppper with a Crafty, I bet the firewood would be good also. The problem with session vapes after the Grasshooper is the start up time seems like forever although the mivape is decent, about a minute but nothing is like the grasshopper 5 seconds.

Particularly for patients, I think the GH startup time is simply a must have. Not all use medical but it can be, for example, last night I had some revenge of too spicer a dinner, A quick grab of the grasshopper and a pinch of Hell's Angel and I was back to sleep with a settled stomach before my pax2 would have even been ready!

One last thing, I went over to HL the other day to catch up a bit, it's a bustle of activity over there so DONT PANIC!

Oh you are gonna love the Zion my man, some day...;) I should be the first one able to compare the two i believe (early January GH pre order, Zion beta tester)... Soon enough! :brow::ko:

j-bug

I personally couldn't be happier about this update. I'm probably not gonna run out and get on the list again immediately, but I'm now confident that at some point in the future I'll be able to purchase a grasshopper and the Hopper Labs will be around to sell me that grasshopper and perform any warranty service it may need. I just acquired another vape very recently so my vas is sated at the moment, and my budget is telling me hell no, but when my budget starts to get to "please don't but it would be fine" I'll likely pull the trigger then.

V_for_Vaping

V_for_Vaping,
Reactions: Kalessin

Kalessin

300 more backers than total Grasshoppers? That doesn't seem right....
Don't know how to account for all of it, but 102 of the backers counted were Forgotten International Shipping perks, 27 were Five Dollar High-five perks, and 4 were Tshirt and sticker perks

Kalessin,
Reactions: ZC

zymos

Don't know how to account for all of it, but 102 of the backers counted were Forgotten International Shipping perks, 27 were Five Dollar High-five perks, and 4 were Tshirt and sticker perks

But the 102 international people also got/will get hoppers, right?
Where did 2744 come from again? How does anyone other than GHL know how many each backer is getting? People on Reddit are posting about receiving several.

Oh well, doesn't really matter either way, just something to speculate on while I continue to wait for my shipping confirmation...

zymos,

Kalessin

As far as my information, I am just looking at the Indiegogo page where it lists all the perks and the numbers bought, as well as total backers. And yes, the people who got the shipping perk also ordered hoppers, but from the looks of how the system works, that means those people were counted twice, basically. I think someone on here or Reddit at one point broke the numbers down and estimated how many hoppers were bought based on the money made and the number of backers on each post, but I don't remember where or when.

Kalessin,

zymos

Anything other than the number of pledges listed on the IGG page is pure speculation though.

zymos,

Kalessin

Well, yeah, and besides we have no idea how many dozens of people have added more hoppers since then, so there's no real way to know what number they're at.

ZC

Does anyone know how many backers originally? Wow, that is a lot of assembly time per hopper IMO.

It does seem fairly high, which is probably part of why they raised the price. If the workers are getting paid $15/HR that's about $19 of revenue from each hopper going to JUST assembly. I wonder if that "assembly" time also include testing and packaging or if that's another expense as well. When you consider paying manufacturers for parts, shipping, rent, etc I wonder how low their margins are. All that gets expensive rather quickly.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Here's some info from Caroline having asked her about the batteries :

"Hi There,

There is no bottleneck with Batteries, and everyone who purchased an extra Battery should get them with their Grasshopper. Occasionally, they do not fit in box, and are shipped underneath a cardboard insert. Most folks don't think to check there until they have emailed to ask about where their extra Battery is.

Lithium Ion Batteries are innately dangerous. The Batteries have been designed so they safely vent if there is ever an issue.

Best,
Caroline"

Kalessin

I know I've seen a couple people who've gotten them with their order, some people who didn't get all their batteries and never updated again, and at least one person who didn't get theirs but emailed and was sent it afterward.

Kalessin,

pushpaw

has anyone who's received their Hopper past their estimated ship date gotten an extra battery for free?

asking because i don't want to add that to my pre-order if it's already suppose to come

reference:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GrassHopperVape/comments/3d3mme/all_preorders_delayed_past_their_original/

I think the extra battery thing is for pre-orders not backers, and no pre-order shipments have gone out yet. I was a backer, and I would have to check my original order to be sure, but if I remember correctly I ordered one extra battery when I backed originally and then added two more when I got my shipping confirmation. My hopper arrived with the 4 batteries I was expecting. One was in the hopper itself, the other 3 were taped to the underside of the insert in the shipping box that holds the Grasshopper box in place. All were fully charged at delivery (I double checked them with the nitecore d2 before use to be sure.)

JiggyJack

Where did 2744 come from again?
Anything other than the number of pledges listed on the IGG page is pure speculation though.

From the Indiegogo campaign site...

Each of the following perkw claimed includes one Grasshopper, except for the Retail kit which contains 25 grasshoppers for each perk claimed. So...

Standard Grasshopper
1466 claimed

Early-Bird Grasshopper
120 claimed

Holiday Gift Grasshopper
123 claimed

Titanium Grasshopper
484 claimed

Color Grasshopper
279 claimed

Everything Grasshopper
72 claimed

Retail Kit
8 (kits) claimed (8 x 25 = 200 grasshoppers claimed)​

That adds up to 2,744 grasshoppers (1,909 SS and 835 Ti).

However, something is wrong with the numbers. I would expect that if you add in the claimed perks that did not include hoppers the grand total would match the total number of people who funded (3,053) but they do not.

Five Dollar High-Five
27 claimed

Forgot International shipping!
102 claimed

Grasshopper Tee and Sticker
4 claimed​

Add in these 133 noon-grasshopper claimed perks and that only brings the total to 2,877 so I can't account for all the backers based on the Indiegogo site numbers. I wouldn't think 3,053 backers could have claimed 2,877 perks unless two people backed the same perk 176 times.

Last edited:
JiggyJack,
Reactions: inuhuion
Top Bottom