Discontinued The Grasshopper

Eespiajer

At the same time I bought that garbage I bought an enano. Been virtually on for the past 6 years, had 100000s of bong rips, still functioning

Eespiajer,

dadan

my SS grasshopper, bought in feb 17, never had a malfunction (touching wood), I know I'm an exception.

dadan,
Reactions: Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist
My OG Hopper has begun to slow a bit to go from red to blue.... even with new batteries.
my SS grasshopper, bought in feb 17, never had a malfunction (touching wood), I know I'm an exception.
I have been one also. For just shy of a year, there has been perfect performance.
It still performs flawlessly, but as I said .. it takes a few extra seconds to go "blue".

Eespiajer

Can I take this small claims court? , we really need to sue this company.

Last edited:
Eespiajer,

dadan

Can I take this small claims court? , we really need to sue this company. They made a new company and a new product to void their promises and warranties on the OG

I've been out of the world of FC for a long time, so I prefer to ask: are you saying they no longer respond to any support requests for old products? I know that their times have always been biblical and that their products, while I like them, have a very very high failure rate but I don't know that for old customers there is absolutely no assistance as you wrote now.

Eespiajer

They push og backers and request to the end of the line now claim a 4-6 month waiting period ,Covid delay sorry I'm not going to wait 4 months for a product that never worked. Never worked They lost my trust and everything im saying is 100% true, there are plenty others will follow suit. I have had 0 compliance from them, now they want to use covid as an excuse to not repair my product or at least wait 4 months. Ive 20 minutes from hopperlabs so they won't even service or help me, instead trying shill me another shit device. I'm making sure no one buys an io in 2021 so they don't have to go through the pain and suffering that I have been through . Stop sucking off hopperlabs you can't persuade me. I haven't seen one good customer service review from them just people waiting for years for their device to be repaired. I'm not even the worse case . I gave up trying to repair it for 3 years but when sent it in they sent the same device back and said they repaired it. So they just having their workers just returning the same device to the return address??? Great scam Trevor!

Eespiajer,

dadan

i can understand your disappointment and frustration about it, i would be very angry in your place too but i don't think you are saying anything new from what we all already knew: they have a high rate of breaking products and have biblical times for assistance. Waiting for 4 months is different from not accepting warranty repairs. Very different. Furthermore, it does not seem to me that covid is an excuse but a sad reality. Again, I understand your disappointment and the fact that you no longer trust their word or company but what I read is different from not wanting to take charge of their old dead grasshoppers.

dadan,

Eespiajer

They claim this excuse in 2021. When they never talked about it in 2020. Why now. I'm not saying covid is fake, they could of claimed this in 2020 when people were dying much more frequently.

They want people who backed the company to wait 4-6 months. I'm fucking in Colorado. Then they shill me their new product. They don't want to take any responsibility for og backers because we don't matter any more. They should have the priority as their new product. But that's not the case. No one wants to wait that long for a product. Especially when the original product worked 2 weeks total. When its a premium product they claim a lifetime warranty for.

Eespiajer,

dadan

you are too angry to be able to talk peacefully :) you are mixing right things with less right things, I understand it is reasonable anger that speaks. Remains that asking to wait 4 months is not the same thing as denying support, and I tell you this realizing that nobody wants to wait 4 months and that it would be a premium product and so on ...

dadan,

Eespiajer

Sorry new website.** Whatever I've just never have had a compliant or positive response from them. I do think they need to go out of business. I hope they do that is all

Eespiajer,

guyonthecouch

I do think they need to go out of business. I hope they do that is all
Yes you've mentioned that several times already. We get it, you're upset but you're not helping yourself or anybody else for that matter. I'm sure HL would love to close shop and never have to answer another customer again.. but thankfully they haven't.

So to clarify, your objective is for them to close up shop and leave everybody high and dry? Like the other companies who screwed us? Ghost, Haze, Loto labs etc?

I'd much rather they stay open and operational.

Sorry new website.** Whatever I've just never have had a compliant or positive response from them.

And how do you expect people to take you seriously if you're going to be lying and fabricating stories about a company and then saying "Whatever".. with a terribly weak justification. This behaviour is somewhat hypocritical no?

A couple suggestions, you mentioned you live an hr away from them, go to the factory and speak to them in person and you can see that they have a small operation and doing the best they can during covid era.

Or try writing them an email that doesn't say "I do think you need to go out of business. I hope you do is all". Try expressing yourself without getting negative and hopefully you have better results in the future.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
Ya you've mentioned that several times already....
I'm glad somebody else said it.
I am not happy about the dropping of the ball on existing customers either, but without the repetition it would be easier to find and read:
  • about others with similar issues
  • signs of improvement from Company
  • Issues resolving themselves
I currently have an IO and an OG.
The OG has been perfect for a year, and I got it well used.
to this I had responded:
It still performs flawlessly, but as I said .. it takes a few extra seconds to go "blue".
While I feel a bit foolish for not having recognized this, I am relieved.
I reported that I got this unit "used", and as such the markings on the temperature adjustment were worn to illegibility.
Since day 1 I had been using the unit as it arrived, and in almost a year I never adjusted the temperature.
I never gave the dial a thought at all!
Today I noticed a hit much denser than normal for hit #1.
I looked.... I had inadvertently moved the dial to the very top of the scale.
I pulled it back a line, and now the unit heats as fast as always.
It was taking a few extra seconds because it was set hotter.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
First time popping in on this thread in a long while. Forgot about this thread as I’ve been following the other/IO thread. Did I miss anything? Lol! Got an IO last September and it has been working well without issue. My OG circa ‘16 with a lone year-long RMA in which it was returned to me in ‘19 a couple of months befor the HL fire works fairly well too, though not as well as the IO. The OG does take a few secs to heat up and you’ll definitely want to wait for a blue light. The IO, as its name implies, works as soon as you turn it on. And it works very well.

I recently got a couple of cheap glass j hooks and a new rig/bubbler to augment both the OG and IO (and other vapes), though I don’t use them often and gravitate to pure portable-ism most of the time. A Hopper is a fine addition to a vape roster assuming it works well. Certainly one of my favorites despite all its history and my experience with the OG and early generations of batteries. The batts as of late, new ones, perform well as do both my OG and IO - but I prefer the IO. It just performs better overall and what the OG should’ve been from the onset. Cheers. :peace:

My OG Hopper has begun to slow a bit to go from red to blue.... even with new batteries.

I have been one also. For just shy of a year, there has been perfect performance.
I had this problem recently with my OG Ti around the 1 year mark back from warranty service. In addition, I was having reduced extraction efficiency so I was really bummed when even a new battery did not fix the problem. I cleaned all the current-carrying threads with blue tac and still no fix. I finally resolved the problem by doing a number of extended burn off cycles. Empty the hopper and do some long and slow draws at the the highest heat setting. Mine was taking 8-10 seconds to heat up and not extracting very well at all but now it's back to the old 3-5 second heat up and thorough extraction I expect.

I'd always heard that occasional burn offs are good for the longevity of the device but never thought I needed them because I don't allow vapor to flow backwards in to the chamber of the device. It seems I was wrong and even seasoned users may benefit from this type of maintenance.

Eespiajer

Ya whatever guyonthecouch.
Yes you've mentioned that several times already. We get it, you're upset but you're not helping yourself or anybody else for that matter. I'm sure HL would love to close shop and never have to answer another customer again.. but thankfully they haven't.

So to clarify, your objective is for them to close up shop and leave everybody high and dry? Like the other companies who screwed us? Ghost, Haze, Loto labs etc?

I'd much rather they stay open and operational.

And how do you expect people to take you seriously if you're going to be lying and fabricating stories about a company and then saying "Whatever".. with a terribly weak justification. This behaviour is somewhat hypocritical no?

A couple suggestions, you mentioned you live an hr away from them, go to the factory and speak to them in person and you can see that they have a small operation and doing the best they can during covid era.

Or try writing them an email that doesn't say "I do think you need to go out of business. I hope you do is all". Try expressing yourself without getting negative and hopefully you have better results in the future.

Good luck.
You think them playing oo im a small company card is the reason to leave og backers without any legal recourse. Offering a fraction of the price for this new vape. Let's push all these people waiting for months under the bed and let them wait even longer because of more bullshit.

This is how majority of people who backed them in the first place. And we don't matter because it was a long time ago. That's really mature of them. You've been praising them telling people to buy them without a thought. Now trying to tarnish me and discourage me to not put up a fight. They just said fuck you to all the og backers by telling them they have to wait 6 months, there are customers who actually wait 6 months then when 6 months is over they get requested to wait another 6 months. They will give their new product 2 weeks to respond and fix their issue there. No reason to help someone donated to their charity in the first place.

vapviking

Old & In the Way

You think them playing oo im a small company card is the reason to leave og backers without any legal recourse. Offering a fraction of the price for this new vape. Let's push all these people waiting for months under the bed and let them wait even longer because of more bullshit.

This is how majority of people who backed them in the first place. And we don't matter because it was a long time ago. That's really mature of them. You've been praising them telling people to buy them without a thought. Now trying to tarnish me and discourage me to not put up a fight. They just said fuck you to all the og backers by telling them they have to wait 6 months, there are customers who actually wait 6 months then when 6 months is over they get requested to wait another 6 months. They will give their new product 2 weeks to respond and fix their issue there. No reason to help someone donated to their charity in the first place.
Please read Vitolo's post just above; some of it was for your benefit. Part of it is a paste from the forum rules.
No one is telling you what to do, other than to stop being repetitive and company bashing here, in this thread. This is not the right place for that.

vapviking,

MoltenTiger

If you backed them they're offering two thirds cash back of the average pledge to upgrade to the io. The unit that exists to replace a fundamentally flawed version.

Do yourself a favour and cut your losses.

MoltenTiger

Could you please translate or rephrase that? I’m trying to determine the amount. Thanks! :peace:
I had to look it up as I wasn't part of the campaign. I got about 50% back on my 2015 Ti preorder. The average indiegogo pledge was 119.83 according to backer tracker, of which $80 trade in credit is a significant proportion and easily the best solution for disgruntled backers. Almost half the backers are eligible for 80% cash back from their $99 SS units. I guess this is why the trade in deal sits where it is, as well as it being a rough cost of the hardware.

I've just about only used my sublimator for dabs since getting my traded SS io. It's so powerful it hits almost the same as the sub with flower.

I absolutely love the io, my slightly cooler Ti io is amazing on the go and the SS is unreal connected to mains. If this is what people want they should just cough up and get it IMO. The legacy units are not worth mucking around for. I have a couole legacies still in use, but the io is far superior and worth the upgrade. I'll probably trade in another once I get it back from being lent out to someone waiting on a legacy and coupled io order. It's been over a year and he's getting some good use out of it, but it takes a particular technique to coax clouds out of the thing.

My vote goes to the SS io all the way. Nothing more is needed, and I can barely believe the bong hits I'm getting. Utterly perfect and every day has been epic since getting it.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@Molten Tiger has provided the absolute best logic on the transition from og to io, from customer point of view.
I also have traded some og's in for some io's and have received about 50% back, of my original purchase as a pre-orderer.
I agree that cutting losses and moving on is a good strategy.

But, based on some of the things, @Eespiajer has said, I think he may deserve some extra attention -- that is, if he is correct in his basic story.
He reports that he bought one and it never, ever worked. While he admits to long procrastination about making a claim, there's nothing wrong with waiting; he had(has) a warranty. It sounds like his purchase has never really been fulfilled.
I'm wondering what is the status of @VGOODIEZ ? who, for some time was facilitating some of the communications between HL and folks here on the forum. Haven't seen him around here lately, but...

Last edited:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I had to look it up as I wasn't part of the campaign. I got about 50% back on my 2015 Ti preorder. The average indiegogo pledge was 119.83 according to backer tracker, of which $80 trade in credit is a significant proportion and easily the best solution for disgruntled backers. Almost half the backers are eligible for 80% cash back from their $99 SS units. I guess this is why the trade in deal sits where it is, as well as it being a rough cost of the hardware.

@Molten Tiger has provided the absolute best logic on the transition from og to io, from customer point of view.
I also have traded some og's in for some io's and have received about 50% back, of my original purchase as a pre-orderer.
My OG is a preorder too though not going back that far to backer or Indie-gogo status. If memory serves, prices for new units went up several times between ‘14-‘16. From what I’ve read herein, and also recently reached out to HL about trading in my OG for another IO, they said $80 as a trade-in value which mirrors many offers cited herein. That puts me at about 43%; I think I paid $185 for my Ti just after the price went up from $175 (or perhaps just a bit less, I don’t recall). Of course my Hopper Coefficient, which I deem the amount of ownership time it actually worked, is only about 75% due to a yearlong RMA stint. I guess it depends on what one paid for an OG. Most recent ones before they stopped selling new ones may not be worth it if they sold for around $265. I appreciate the descriptions above, @MoltenTiger and @vapviking ! :peace:

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
I agree that cutting losses and moving on is a good strategy.

But, based on some of the things, @Eespiajer has said, I think he may deserve some extra attention -- that is, if he is correct in his basic story.
He reports that he bought one and it never, ever worked. While he admits to long procrastination about making a claim, there's nothing wrong with waiting; he had(has) a warranty. It sounds like his purchase has never really been fulfilled.
I'm wondering what is the status of @VGOODIEZ ? who, for some time was facilitating some of the communications between HL and folks here on the forum. Haven't seen him around here lately, but...
I will still help but honestly there was at least one active member of this forum who was a total DB towarda me about it. I was doing this out of the kindness of my heart (yes there's something in there somewhere) and it turned out to cause me considerable grief. I don't make the decisions and was really here to support stalled communication but it ended up being bitch at me because you were not getting the answer you want. No thanks. I don't have time for that.

Top Bottom