Discontinued The Grasshopper

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
The heater supplier was not an issue for the first two or three years of production. Then they screwed HL over to save some money. How should HL have prevented that? Hire someone full-time to stand around at the factory and look over everyone’s shoulders? That seems like a colossal waste of resources. Especially since they had no reason to suspect that their long time supplier would change the materials used in the heater.
If that was their only problem I'd give them a break. People paid for a stainless steel case with no electronics like 5 years ago and still haven't received it. There's seriously no excuse. All they have is excuses and it's never their fault no matter what. I honestly don't trust a single word they say at this point. I love the hopper as much or more than anyone but excusing them for HORRIBLE business practices isn't helping anyone. If they can't provide warranty service in less than a year they should stop selling new products and work on that until they're caught up. Or just stop pretending to have a lifetime warranty.

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I hear you @Cheesequake and it wasn’t my intent to excuse them for bad business practices. I only wanted to point out things that were out of their control. And to be fair, when they discovered the problem with their heater supplier they took matters into their own hands and started producing the heater themselves. That sounds like a good business decision to me.

Again, I’m not trying to excuse bad business practices. I am only attempting to point out situations that were truly out of HL’s control. I’ve written about issues I’ve had with HL and there are literally hundreds of pages worth of posts about their failings. Many of these posts are repetitive and break the forum rule about only posting once if you have an issue with a manufacturer.

If I were in your situation and Hopper Labs wasn’t responding I would be quite upset and I would probably be taking the same steps you are towards resolution. Communication is essential for good customer service and there is no excuse for leaving you in the dark.

Vapor_Eyes,
Reactions: vapviking

Guest399

covid, for example, is not a reason for me because at least from my own experience, little is affected worldwide and most deliveries really arrive on time. clearly there are individual cases

Baron23

That is absolutely insane. Since last August. Absolutely unacceptable. They should have mailed you a new unit if it took this long.

1. Email them daily. support@grasshoppervape.com
2. www.BBB.org Better Business Bureau
3. https://coag.gov/file-complaint/ (Colorado Consumer Advocacy)

I seriously think because they have gotten away with it this long, they will continue.

It's a 5-minute process. to reach BBB and Colorado Consumer Advocacy I am positive once the BBB of Colorado gets in touch with them you will have a brand new Vape next week.

Disgusted - in NJ USA.

That's what these forums are about. Sharing and in this case, we aren't going to take this without being heard from.

You will be helping many others. If you need more support please let me know.

They may boast lifetime warranty, but there are consumer laws that prevent a year of this. 30 days is usual.

Please keep us updated. It would be good for all consumers of the GH products if you go to BBB and Consumer Advocacy should you have any problem at all.
They don't care what you say to the BBB, they are already the poster boy for a BBB smoking crater.

Aaaaaand, while I don't want to enter the debate in detail, I do not think that there is anything in their business, supply chain, and manufacturing that is out of their control and that out of control factors are the cause of their poor performance as a company. Controlling these things IS the JOB.

Cheers

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Controlling things is the job, you’re correct. That doesn’t change the fact that things happen that you can’t control. This happens to all companies, a lot of them deal with adversity better than Hopper Labs or are better prepared in the first place. Most if not all successful companies have made mistakes, especially early on. To expect perfection of anyone or any company is ridiculous in my opinion.

To go on a quick tangent it seems everything is becoming more polarized lately. That attitude seems to be at play here, the notion that Hopper Labs is pure evil and has never done anything right. They are terrible businessman yet their company is still running years later when other well-regarded companies have gone out of business. I just try to bring a little balance to the discussion and say that they have faced unforeseen struggles and that actually, their RMAs and customer service used to be better, not perfect, but better.

It is inexcusable to take a year to complete an RMA. It is inexcusable to ignore emails from customers waiting on RMAs. It is inexcusable to take money years in advance for an accessory that may never be released. I’m pretty sure I’ve said all that before but I’ll say It again just in case. I’ve had decent luck with customer service so far so I can only report on my experience. If I had gone through some of the things I’ve read about here I would be just as upset or probably even more so. I think I’ve said that before too.

Something definitely needs to change, and quickly. Hopper Labs really needs to take care of the customers with RMAs and units lost in the fire. If they can’t get enough cashflow from this next batch of batteries maybe they need to explore other options like loans or investors.

Vapor_Eyes,

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
To expect perfection of anyone or any company is ridiculous in my opinion.
I buy a lot of things in a lot of different fields. Never have I dealt with a company even a fraction as bad as Hopper Labs, new or old. If they were any other company selling just about any other product they would've been out of business years ago. They just happen to produce a product that (when working) fits a niche that nothing else really can. Expecting warranties to be handled in a timely manner and preorders that were placed multiple years ago to be delivered isn't exactly "expecting perfection." Hopper Labs has met one single deadline that they set for themselves in the entire time I've been dealing with the company. And they've set a lot.

Cheesequake,
Reactions: Vaporific

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@Cheesequake I like you and respect your opinion but you are quoting one sentence without the larger context and misrepresenting my message. I think it’s clear that I believe RMAs should be handled in a timely manner and that orders should be delivered in a timely manner. In fact, I said that last post but you didn’t quote me. I do think it’s ridiculous to expect perfect control over every step of development and production. How they dealt with the issues was far from ideal, and a better run company would have dealt with the same issues better. That should be obvious. I’ve spoken my mind on the matter and will follow the forum rules and not mention it again. :peace:

Vape Master

Formerly C3PO
If that was their only problem I'd give them a break. People paid for a stainless steel case with no electronics like 5 years ago and still haven't received it. There's seriously no excuse. All they have is excuses and it's never their fault no matter what. I honestly don't trust a single word they say at this point. I love the hopper as much or more than anyone but excusing them for HORRIBLE business practices isn't helping anyone. If they can't provide warranty service in less than a year they should stop selling new products and work on that until they're caught up. Or just stop pretending to have a lifetime warranty.

It's such a tease! The best vaporizer I have ever used. (over 100 times). But then there are stories of people waiting 5 years. Some may consider it fraud or stealing.

I have never had a problem. I have 2 legacies and an IO. My customer service experience has been very good. Always within 24 hours a reply. My orders have arrived in a fair amount of time.

However. Since I have done a video and given much well earned praise. I still have to say to every consumer ...

Every Consumer that says they are being hosed. It's up to you to report these situations. For your own purchases, others also need to have the advocacy.

Those people with these horrible stories. It really helps. Even if they don't correct the problem right away, it puts them in a position of having to be accountable. The worst thing you can do is let it slide.

https://www.bbb.org/us/co - Its an online form and will take a very short time to fill out.

It worked for me when I bought a computer. The company called and asked what they can do for me to settle my claim. They still had to be pushed but it got done.

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
This is my warranty page on my new account. My old original account that I gave away when I sold all of my hoppers at one point was about 3x as long. Just in case anyone thinks I'm being too hard on HL. My friends/family think I'm an insane person for still dealing with this company after the amount of times they've seen me ship a package to them for repair.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Sucks that you have to be an asshole to get them to do anything.
It might just be coincidence too ... as I contacted them in a friendly way, and they got back to me within about a week, and we worked things out over the course of a few emails over the course of a few weeks.

Could just be (hopefully) Hopper Labs starting to turn a corner (take this with a grain of salt though as I’ve been hopeful before!)

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
It might just be coincidence too ... as I contacted them in a friendly way, and they got back to me within about a week, and we worked things out over the course of a few emails over the course of a few weeks.

Could just be (hopefully) Hopper Labs starting to turn a corner (take this with a grain of salt though as I’ve been hopeful before!)
Nah definitely not. They were just blowing me off completely before I threatened to contact the AG. 200% not a coincidence.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Sucks that you have to be an asshole to get them to do anything.
Admittedly, I’ve done this myself but haven’t threatened anything with them. Case in point: getting the fire replacement batts. I ordered mine in April ‘19, originally got them last year a few weeks before the fire and they were ‘recalled’. I complained forever about not receiving new ones then got them a few weeks ago. A buddy ordered them in Feb or March ‘19 and still hasn’t gotten his. They don’t subscribe to FIFO with a lot of things. It’s a shame. A total crapshoot sometimes. Happy Humpday. :peace:

Baron23

@Cheesequake I like you and respect your opinion but you are quoting one sentence without the larger context and misrepresenting my message. I think it’s clear that I believe RMAs should be handled in a timely manner and that orders should be delivered in a timely manner. In fact, I said that last post but you didn’t quote me. I do think it’s ridiculous to expect perfect control over every step of development and production. How they dealt with the issues was far from ideal, and a better run company would have dealt with the same issues better. That should be obvious. I’ve spoken my mind on the matter and will follow the forum rules and not mention it again. :peace:
PERFECTION!!?? :o:o:o

I’d settle for mere mediocrity. LOL.

That actually would be a big move up for them. Haha

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
One piece (front end) was late coming to me...
While I witnessed dissatisfaction ... mostly involving shipping, and timelines,
I have not had one issue with my unit.
I have a spare front end and extra "condoms" so I can allow patients to try the vape (sterilize after).
They all love the unit and loved trying it.
It has been used 3-4 sessions a day minimum, for a couple months.
There is another portable that I love, but the Manufacturer was removed from FC
for his sales tactics.
I still love his vapes, and still own one of each model.
This is a unique vaporizer, that once I tried a friend's I was interested.
I am not disappointed in the least.
Yes I was saddened by how long it took for the front end to come.
I would do it all over.
I felt the need to bring the unit's performance back into a post in it's thread.:wave:

Last edited:

Vape Master

Formerly C3PO
Because of the lifetime warranty, it has to be worth at least $100 USD The PFE - is 40 USD. It works better than any vape as long as it is working. In my opinion. The price also is bit higher because its not so easy to get a Hopper. Wait time etc, taxes and shipping.

I would charge $140 USD

I think about that first draw. Damn thats good!

Vape Master,

JoeMama

I hear you @Cheesequake and it wasn’t my intent to excuse them for bad business practices. I only wanted to point out things that were out of their control. And to be fair, when they discovered the problem with their heater supplier they took matters into their own hands and started producing the heater themselves. That sounds like a good business decision to me.

Again, I’m not trying to excuse bad business practices. I am only attempting to point out situations that were truly out of HL’s control. I’ve written about issues I’ve had with HL and there are literally hundreds of pages worth of posts about their failings. Many of these posts are repetitive and break the forum rule about only posting once if you have an issue with a manufacturer.

If I were in your situation and Hopper Labs wasn’t responding I would be quite upset and I would probably be taking the same steps you are towards resolution. Communication is essential for good customer service and there is no excuse for leaving you in the dark.
I've been away from here for well over a year, mainly because I've switched to vaping oil but also because GH was a pain in the ass for an entire year and a half.

The straw that broke the camel's back was when i sent back a NEW Ti Hopper and after 16 months they tell me, sorry, there's nothing we can do but you can get a discount on a NEW new Hopper io.

I'm still waiting for it.

I hate this company.

TastyCakeWasTasty

butter your wood
I've been away from here for well over a year, mainly because I've switched to vaping oil but also because GH was a pain in the ass for an entire year and a half.

The straw that broke the camel's back was when i sent back a NEW Ti Hopper and after 16 months they tell me, sorry, there's nothing we can do but you can get a discount on a NEW new Hopper io.

I'm still waiting for it.

I hate this company.
I don’t get this behaviour from HL. To me it seems like an easy win.
They need to be offering people like you an SS IO for no charge or Ti at a meaningful discount.
They already have one of the best vaporisers on the market. People do want to buy it, but how can anyone have faith when there’re so many customers who’ve been waiting more than a year to use the thing they paid for (a full month is too much IMO).

Anyway, I love my OG SS Hopper. I apparently got one of the really good ones, but I’d like to see HL making it right for people like above. In that case I’d probably have an IO on the way now, instead of the Tinymight I have coming a in few days.

Top Bottom