Discontinued The Grasshopper

Raf

I have two that were being shipped from I'm not even kidding Kuala Lumpur that haven't arrived yet I'm still hoping don't have the China mark on them lmao

Asiavapes GHB unboxing/gender reveal spoiler alert:

For whoever else bought batteries from Asia Vapes.com via their Asian warehouse, good news! mine finally just arrived and they are the correct type without the China stamp. (Catalogue pic showed ghb1) Taking a charge really well so far :tup:

Trying to stay positive instead of thinking about how it probably would have cost the same to ship 10 more of them lmao. Tragically they're sold out now I just tried to go buy more :razz:

Last edited:

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
If either one of those was a new product from hopper labs then I would shatter my briefs with a joyful but powerful shart of excitement!

dsc0089-7.jpg
dsc0106-8.jpg

And then see my doctor again because the "thing" is happening again.

david8613

That's very cool!

I just wanted to say I'm glad I picked up a ti grasshopper, she is performing very nicely! Especially now I'm using it more due to the storz and bickle fiasco with melting chambers and what looks like what could be metal dust in vapor path, I'm Very upset about this. From this point on i think I will only purchase vapes made with all steel, ti or glass.

Last edited:

david8613

Just ran my grasshopper again, first on temp 3 then max temperature with some very fresh cascadia blooms sour space candy cbd. Just awesome, this ti grasshopper is running like a champ, nice vapor, nice flavor. I also got use to the heat, I'm using a glass mouth piece and seems to cool vapor enough that I catch myself pushing my grasshopper at higher temperatures more. I'd like to see what glass mouth pieces you guyz are using? I gotta get a water piece to try.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I'd like to see what glass mouth pieces you guyz are using? I gotta get a water piece to try.
I use one that is similar to this and it works great;
https://www.puffitup.com/The-Scope-14mm-H2O-Mouthpiece-p/qctq.14mm-f_bubb-bla.htm
and that's a nice price for one at US retailer (plus they have an fc member discount code! among others).
I also use it with that other vape that you are shying away from...

they also have this, with an interesting mp end;
https://www.puffitup.com/Sipper-Bubbler-Mouthpiece-p/qctq.bubb-curvtop.htm

Mine does not have a tapered mouthpiece, just a straight tube, and it works great (14mm, using pfe) but I've had my eye on this one.
Either could be used dry but are a bit large if all you're wanting is a glass mp.

Old_muel

So took my hopper out to a christmas party the other night & remember dropping it on like two seperate occasions... on concrete & shit pretty badly, ouch, anyway it didn't phase it and, oddly enough it hasn't done any of it's wierd behavioural mannerisms since, it's as if roughing it up a bit made it step back into line lol, happy days. Merry christmas too everyone if ya celebrate it!

david8613

Just tried out a 3d printed funnel, this is a must have accessory for the grasshopper! So much easier to load. I'm laughing because I use dosing capsules with my mighty, so opened a dosing capsule to move my product to the grasshopper. The hopper actually uses less material than a mighty dosing capsule, what a suprise, pretty cool.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Just tried out a 3d printed funnel, this is a must have accessory for the grasshopper! So much easier to load. I'm laughing because I use dosing capsules with my mighty, so opened a dosing capsule to move my product to the grasshopper. The hopper actually uses less material than a mighty dosing capsule, what a suprise, pretty cool.
A funnel and a stand are helpful additions to any vape station. Those and a infant spoon keep my scene a little cleaner; I spoon straight from the grinder.

david8613

Need to get a nice spoon/tool. I find when I use fingers to load hopper i sometimes stuff it too much affecting airflow a little. the funnel let's you just drop herb into chamber with perfect spacing for airflow.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I dunno, I've got a couple of them but always found just curling my finger up around the edge of the hopper was quicker and easier.
Ditto - I go eau natural too. Nothing gets lost, funnel or flower. Pretty simple. The key is how your flower is stored. Vials and doob tubes dispense nicely if material is loosely stored.

I can’t find my mag charger now after my auto accident. I thought I took it out of the car and couldn’t find it last night after I got my rental. I’ll keep searching & may have a chance to search my car again today at the collision place. It was an original mag charger too which worked well I believe. Now that my Hopper is back and performing well it’s a must accessory for me for on-the-go. TGIF! :peace:

Raf

I know it's been said before but I love those little individually bagged wooden toothpicks. I think that's the single most important grasshopper tool besides something to charge the batteries with:lol:

For a funnel, 14mm glass male to female bushing style adaptor can be held over end of hopper with one hand and use other hand +spoon to dump material in 14mm opening. (Then stir with toothpick to xfer material into chamber), as far as stuff you already have that can be repurposed well..

Edit: 18mm female, 14mm male glass bushing adapter^

Last edited:

Vaporific

For a funnel, 14mm glass male to female bushing style adaptor can be held over end of hopper with one hand and use other hand +spoon to dump material in 14mm opening. (Then stir with toothpick to xfer material into chamber), as far as stuff you already have that can be repurposed well..
That’s how I store my ground flower - via funnel with toothpick into vials, loosely packed or tamped down and then loosen it up with a toothpick (or paper clip which is almost if not more practical and indespensible as a toothpick. I have both in my Hopper arsenal). With narrow enough vials or doob tubes I just pour material into the chamber. Pretty simple. Using your hand as a natural funnel not much gets lost and easily pushed into the chamber. And I can’t lose my hand like I can a funnel when I’m on the go or want to reload quickly. :2c:

Ok, found the mag charger at home after the accident (whew) but saw my car again today (ugh!:( ). I hate insurance companies and I’m not even at fault.

I had a fleeting thought the other day that I would consider buying a Hopper io since I love my Hopper again after its RMA. With my heater working this well running it in the upper 2s (natively) and an occasional low 3 to finish off a bowl, I really think HL has optimized the heater design and righted the ship with the quality issues, and a new version could only be better. I’ve never been known to be an early adopter though I’m not sure having a pre order Ti unit counts. But the thing works so damn well now why would I want another one? As a backup? I don’t subscribe to VAS and fairly minimalistic - I have 4 vapes total, all portable which I prefer - and for about the same price as the io there’s another vape in the wings that has caught my eye which is just rolling off the production line but decidedly different than the Hopper. I’m waiting a bit on that too to see early reliability. The Hopper however is very unique and damn does it work well when it works well!! I’ll have an interesting decision to make around 4/20... :rofl::peace:

Raf

im stupid, must be all the lavender aromatherapy relaxation. Meant to say: 18mm male to 14mm bushing adapter as a funnel. so its a short ~1inch thing. easy for holding on top of hopper with one hand and dumping into end with spoon :D. handy size for pocket also.

glass-bushing-adapter-14mm-female-to-18mm.jpg

david8613

That’s how I store my ground flower - via funnel with toothpick into vials, loosely packed or tamped down and then loosen it up with a toothpick (or paper clip which is almost if not more practical and indespensible as a toothpick. I have both in my Hopper arsenal). With narrow enough vials or doob tubes I just pour material into the chamber. Pretty simple. Using your hand as a natural funnel not much gets lost and easily pushed into the chamber. And I can’t lose my hand like I can a funnel when I’m on the go or want to reload quickly. :2c:

Ok, found the mag charger at home after the accident (whew) but saw my car again today (ugh!:( ). I hate insurance companies and I’m not even at fault.

I had a fleeting thought the other day that I would consider buying a Hopper io since I love my Hopper again after its RMA. With my heater working this well running it in the upper 2s (natively) and an occasional low 3 to finish off a bowl, I really think HL has optimized the heater design and righted the ship with the quality issues, and a new version could only be better. I’ve never been known to be an early adopter though I’m not sure having a pre order Ti unit counts. But the thing works so damn well now why would I want another one? As a backup? I don’t subscribe to VAS and fairly minimalistic - I have 4 vapes total, all portable which I prefer - and for about the same price as the io there’s another vape in the wings that has caught my eye which is just rolling off the production line but decidedly different than the Hopper. I’m waiting a bit on that too to see early reliability. The Hopper however is very unique and damn does it work well when it works well!! I’ll have an interesting decision to make around 4/20... :rofl::peace:

I feel you brother just got rear ended by a young newish driver today, I wasn't even moving I was waiting for a parking spot and she hit us pretty hard from behind. It sucks!

I'm loving my ti hopper too. On the fence about the io, but right now I'm dealing with the storz and bickle fiasco of melting plastic and metal dust in air path on the volcano hybrid, very upset. At this point I'm going to take a back seat on any new to market vapes, i just dont want to get burned again.

Im curious anyway what new vape were you looking at?

Vaporific

I feel you brother just got rear ended by a young newish driver today, I wasn't even moving I was waiting for a parking spot and she hit us pretty hard from behind. It sucks!

I'm loving my ti hopper too. On the fence about the io, but right now I'm dealing with the storz and bickle fiasco of melting plastic and metal dust in air path on the volcano hybrid, very upset. At this point I'm going to take a back seat on any new to market vapes, i just dont want to get burned again.

Hope everyone is ok! That’s the main thing. People need to chill a bit when driving. I was an innocent third party when two other cars collided.

I heard about the Tinymight a few months ago and very curious about it. That’s the other vape. We’ll see. Vastly different than the Hopper but it has an on demand mode. The Hopper heat up time is always fantastic. The TM has a lot going for it too. We’ll see. I’m in no rush. :peace:

Mr. Me2

Another car accident...jeez! Hope you and everyone is okay too!

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
Hope everyone,
I got nothing to say but THOUSEND PAGES OF HOPPING!!!!!!

:rockon:

Fuck ... Or not

Well uhh... So my hopper is still on loan with a friend that vapes a gentle bowl a day and it's been working flawlessly for him the last 3 months :o
Is your hopper one of the newer ones, or the older ones?

rnartian,
Reactions: Hjalmark

kbrown5523

Hopping in Washington
I heard about the Tinymight a few months ago and very curious about it. That’s the other vape. We’ll see. Vastly different than the Hopper but it has an on demand mode. The Hopper heat up time is always fantastic. The TM has a lot going for it too. We’ll see. I’m in no rush. :peace:
I thought that was the one you were thinking about. I'm very interested in that one too, but I definitely don't have the funds for another vape. If I did I'd be hard-pressed to choose between getting a TinyMight and the IO.

Top Bottom