• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Grasshopper

Mr. Me2

It's because I don't want lint and stuff getting into the air-holes in my pocket.

Awesome about quoting it worked :-). I'm gonna check it out now. Is this what you are talking about?
https://www.amazon.com/Livescribe-A...id=1472064144&sr=8-2&keywords=livescribe+case

I don't really like the clip on the back of the livescribe case.

I would like something like this
51XYboOoO1L.jpg

That looks pretty slick...But I just can find the image, not the actual item. LOL

(Sorry for it not being a grasshopper in there, but you get the point :-).
The Livescribe case you linked to is the one. And the clip you don't like slides right off. I agree and took it off my case.

I have to say, the Livescribe case serves its purpose, but I much prefer my leather case from @Ratchett. I know it's more than you're looking for now, but it really works well.

Kermitt

It's because I don't want lint and stuff getting into the air-holes in my pocket.

Awesome about quoting it worked :-). I'm gonna check it out now. Is this what you are talking about?
https://www.amazon.com/Livescribe-A...id=1472064144&sr=8-2&keywords=livescribe+case

I don't really like the clip on the back of the livescribe case.

I would like something like this
51XYboOoO1L.jpg

That looks pretty slick...But I just can find the image, not the actual item. LOL

(Sorry for it not being a grasshopper in there, but you get the point :-).
This?

https://m.alibaba.com/guide/shop/kr...mechanical-mod-protective-holste_9336010.html

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Kroo-Genuine...chanical-Mod-Protective-Holster-/181554903513

skyvaper

IDREAM365 on amazon is my favorite case. $7.98 to fit 2 hoppers and a tube one one side. Three batteries on the other. It comfortably fits in the pocket. Think smaller than sunglass case. 6.7in L is perfect for the hopper.

skyvaper,

greenextinguisher

Just curious. Does everyone use a case? Is it necessary? Upside, dowside
I guess I look at it being another piece of equipment to carry around including extra batteries and stash you'd already have on you.
Thanks

I don't, but my units have gotten a little scratched up. I've been stashing mine where there isn't a lot of lint such as in with actual pens in my bag or in my front shirt pocket.

greenextinguisher,

Mr. Me2

I guess I look at it being another piece of equipment to carry around including extra batteries and stash you'd already have on you.
Thanks
That's the beauty of the @Ratchett case. A perfect sleeve for your gh, plus custom designed spaces for 2 batteries and a doob tube, PLUS a couple extra pockets for other necessities. All in a beautiful leather fold over package.

And now a word from our sponsor...

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Thanks
I don't have a case (yet), and if I did it would probably be more like an organizer/carryall for travel, big enough for charger, etc.
I've been using a microfibre sunglass' bag; I know it's pretty clean in there and it holds the essentials. When putting 2 or 3 batteries in the bag along with hopper, I put a rubber band around the batch of batteries to reduce chance of shorting.

I do keep going back to @Ratchett 's site: his case is a pretty thing to behold, but a bit pricey for my budget. I wish he'd produce an economy model, one in fabric perhaps? Or maybe one day I'll take a liking to one that someone here links to...

Here's another source for the little Pinnacle hydrotube if you don't want to deal with the uncertainties of dhgate: (I've bought 2 and they work fine as long as you give them a good blow after filling to remove excess water from the top chamber)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pinnacle-Va...960808?hash=item41afa8f8e8:g:3nIAAOSwBLlVU8cp
Gonna give that one a try.
Thanks!

Last edited:
vapviking,
Reactions: moondog

JoeMama

How do you hit it exactly? I find it too hot, too.. Was under the impression the GH NEEDS a pretty fast draw to perform well? Sipping is possible or how do you manage to keep it cool?

Thanks ! :)

Agree with @greenextinguisher - slow but not "weak" pulls.. Pulsing a little is OK, too.

And it's gotta be DRY herb, at least for me. I've used some desiccant (like from a vitamin bottle) occasionally for a couple of days in some fresh flower to make it suitable to extract.

These are kinda cool! I guess you don't have to zip it all the way to remove/insert the hopper in it either.

IDREAM365

This is cool, too.. hmmm...

But I already have Ratchett's, which I use when I'm away from home base for more than several hours.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast

Yes that's exactly what I was looking for!!! I'll probably get an official sleeve but this is awesome. It should fit the hopper right?

------

The Ratchet case is amazing and I would get it. But it's a bit pricey for me. I do recognize it as a quality product, but I just can't afford it with all these batteries, mouthpieces, etc that I'm buying LOL

newVaper420,

JoeMama

OH, Maaaaaan...

I just went to replace a battery and I got the flashing blues and reds.

Began to screw down the fresh battery, and the hopper started blinking red before it even was half-way screwed down. Then the lights went off, and I clicked it on after tightening, and the blues/reds went for a while, then, dark. At that point, clicking does nothing further.

So I removed the backend, then went to screw it back, and again, same sequence as above.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Several times after, it is back to working.

Anybody think I should send off a Warrant Request for "just a head's up"?

EDIT: Nope, keeps happening, so I sent up a flare to GHL..

I know ya'll are gonna think I'm nuts, but something else happened, maybe for the second or third time since I've been using the hopper since a month ago...

Seems to be on a freshly charged battery.... I'm drawing a few seconds or less, and I swear I hear what sounds like a tiny "spark" sound toward the back of the hopper (ie, not close to the chamber at all). Just once, and that's it. I get a nice cloud (since it's a fresh battery), and nothing more.

But I swear it sounds like a spark or an arc, a teeny tiny one, but it's a definite weird sound to be coming from the backend.

Any chance I'm not alone?

Last edited:
JoeMama,

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Yes that's exactly what I was looking for!!! I'll probably get an official sleeve but this is awesome. It should fit the hopper right?

------

The Ratchet case is amazing and I would get it. But it's a bit pricey for me. I do recognize it as a quality product, but I just can't afford it with all these batteries, mouthpieces, etc that I'm buying LOL
SKIP MEALS. FEED VAAS. (Vape Accessory Acquisition Syndrome) :zombie::borg:

Mr. Me2

OH, Maaaaaan...

Began to screw down the fresh battery, and the hopper started blinking red before it even was half-way screwed down. Then the lights went off, and I clicked it on after tightening, and the blues/reds went for a while, then, dark. At that point, clicking does nothing further.

So I removed the backend, then went to screw it back, and again, same sequence as above.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

I don't think so. Wait until it really crashes for good. I got mine working again so I'm riding the wave like you. I admit I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, but if it's working now, I'm just going to enjoy it.

Let's hope it never happens to both of us!

Btw, and I don't know if it matters, but I never change the batteries when it's "on".

JoeMama

I don't think so. Wait until it really crashes for good. I got mine working again so I'm riding the wave like you. I admit I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, but if it's working now, I'm just going to enjoy it.

Let's hope it never happens to both of us!

Btw, and I don't know if it matters, but I never change the batteries when it's "on".

Thanks, Mr.Me....
Yes I would think it's true not to change batteries while it's on... I guess that can happen if you forget to turn it off after you hit it. Which given the nature of what yer hitting, it can happen :razz:

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
SKIP MEALS. FEED VAAS. (Vape Accessory Acquisition Syndrome) :zombie::borg:

Hahahah off topic but I just bought a mighty too. And I've bought a ton of new accessories. Lmfao. Does the ratchet case fit in your pants? I'm still leaning towards the Kroo that @Kermitt found for me :-)

-------

Edit: hmmm my initial battery only lasted two sessions. It was about 3.7 and the hopper was flashing lights? Does that seem right? Also sometimes the blue lights blink real fast? What's that about? Thanks for all your help guys. A few pages back I posted how I don't think this would replace my Evo. Well guess what? My Evo hasn't appeared today LOL.

------

More Edits: should I be concerned that my backend is getting hot? I mean performance is still killer. Nice dark brown ABV. Also, what's the best way to empty the chamber? Sometimes it doesn't come out easily.

Last edited:
newVaper420,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
OH, Maaaaaan...

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

EDIT: Nope, keeps happening, so I sent up a flare to GHL..

I know ya'll are gonna think I'm nuts, but something else happened, maybe for the second or third time since I've been using the hopper since a month ago...

Seems to be on a freshly charged battery.... I'm drawing a few seconds or less, and I swear I hear what sounds like a tiny "spark" sound toward the back of the hopper (ie, not close to the chamber at all). Just once, and that's it. I get a nice cloud (since it's a fresh battery), and nothing more.

But I swear it sounds like a spark or an arc, a teeny tiny one, but it's a definite weird sound to be coming from the backend.

Any chance I'm not alone?

The problem started when you replaced batteries correct? You may be able to fix it yourself without sending it back in for repairs

• Check the threads inside the hopper body and on the backend - clean off any dirt/debris you might encounter - make sure it's spotless!
  • Have an alternative spare battery? Try using it!
  • Try using an external charger to confirm the charger isn't your problem
  • Use some compressed air to blow loose any debris inside the temp adjuster.
  • Give twist the temperature back and forth, give it a few good twists and try to 'feel' any grittiness. Keep twisting it until it's smooth as you can get - use some more compressed air if necessary
  • Try twisting the on-switch clicker 90-degrees and giving it a few clicks
  • LAST RESORT - slam that damn clicker off and on a few times against the desk fast and furiously!
    • No, please don't do this (but seriously, it seemed to have worked for me)

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
The problem started when you replaced batteries correct? You may be able to fix it yourself without sending it back in for repairs

• Check the threads inside the hopper body and on the backend - clean off any dirt/debris you might encounter - make sure it's spotless!
  • Give twist the temperature back and forth, give it a few good twists and try to 'feel' any grittiness. Keep twisting it until it's smooth as you can get - use some more compressed air if necessary
  • LAST RESORT - slam that damn clicker off and on a few times against the desk fast and furiously!

If this is the first time all the items on this list are appearing in one list, this is a good candidate for the resource thread. Maybe without the last bullet point. ;)

JoeMama

Yo!! It seems to have worked! So far, at least....
Threads were pristine, sure, and I didn't sense any grittiness on the Temp Dial. ButI futzed around a bit more like a maniac on the clicker and dial anyway. Gave it about 50 rapid clicks. There is a certain 'sense' you get from rotating that on-switch clicker part; it may just be the spring mechanism, but hey, it seemed for the time being to put me back in business. :tup:

I was near that Last Resort, actually. I used to repair TV's that way. :)

Hopefully it will stay consistent.

Thanks, Ratchett!

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
Use some compressed air to blow loose any debris inside the temp adjuster.

This just got my red/blue lights to stay blue and function again. I am a bit stumped as to why it worked because I have 2 backends that worked fine with one hopper but not on the other.

I contacted HL yesterday and I think they already have my replacement body coming. Not sure what to do now.. lol

Cool fix!

Edit: I got 3 hits and it was back to the red/blue's hmmm...

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I really wanted my second hopper today. They can be handy for other things than backup purposes.

I had to make a short trip out of town, it was kind of a two chamber trip if you know what I mean. I didn't want to bring any loose cannabis or worry about reloading. Ideally I would have loaded up two hoppers and been on my way.

Instead, I decided to make a kief sandwich with some of my top shelf private stock reserve flowers. I loaded more than usual, probably .07 or .08. It was still nice and fluffy in the chamber, not packed down.

I ended up getting 3 tasty potent clouds at temp 4, then bumped it up to temp 5 for 3 more huge, face melting clouds.

It worked perfect, I didn't have to worry about reloading at all. In fact, I took the last hit of the chamber after I got home.

It was a fantastic trip made all the better by the Grasshopper.

Bdubbdiblets

I really wanted my second hopper today. They can be handy for other things than backup purposes.

I had to make a short trip out of town, it was kind of a two chamber trip if you know what I mean. I didn't want to bring any loose cannabis or worry about reloading. Ideally I would have loaded up two hoppers and been on my way.

Instead, I decided to make a kief sandwich with some of my top shelf private stock reserve flowers. I loaded more than usual, probably .07 or .08. It was still nice and fluffy in the chamber, not packed down.

I ended up getting 3 tasty potent clouds at temp 4, then bumped it up to temp 5 for 3 more huge, face melting clouds.

It worked perfect, I didn't have to worry about reloading at all. In fact, I took the last hit of the chamber after I got home.

It was a fantastic trip made all the better by the Grasshopper.

I realize lately with my hopper I have been over medicating...this thing is powerful. I've cut back to one chamber whereas normally I would do 2 and even sometimes 3 per sesh. I was just used to that from other devices. It creeps a bit but I am nice and toasty for quite a while..(especially if I make a reclaim Sammy:freak:)...true herb press this hopper..:tup:

Now if they can figure the whole shotty battery performance/hot back end thing out...well then I'm cured.
:clap:
Grasshopper=un-VAS

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I realize lately with my hopper I have been over medicating...this thing is powerful. I've cut back to one chamber whereas normally I would do 2 and even sometimes 3 per sesh. I was just used to that from other devices.
It's funny, I almost never do a full chamber in a session with my Grasshopper. I'm a microdoser in general, and especially so with the hopper. I just use it to "top up" while out and about. Even at home I usually just take one or two hits at a time. As a medical user it is nice to be able to take just as much as you need.

With conduction session vapes I find myself over medicating, finishing a session just because my herb is going to be cooked anyways so I might as well be hitting it rather than wasting it.

Of course, when I use my hopper with water it is a little easier to over medicate. I can almost clear an entire chamber on one hit at temp 5. :science:

That was a great post! I've added it to the Grasshopper Fixes resource:

http://fuckcombustion.com/resources/grasshopper-fixes.11/

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Is there any recommendation from hopper labs regarding cleaning the backend? I seem to have some black stuff on the clicker portion and my threads do look a bit gunky. Any suggestions?

Edit: I've found that I can cut back on usage too. Whereas, I used to do 2 ELBs per session of ~.1 with my cloud Evo, I now do 1 chamber of .1 with the grasshopper. Then I wait for it to cool down. But I almost never go for another chamber unless I'm really not feeling well. Incredible.

Gramin

So I was getting flickering blue on a fresh battery. While inhaling I pushed down on the temp ring part and noticed it manipulated the flickering. I pushed down even harder and felt the battery contact move, suddenly my flickering lights went solid blue and I pulled a milky hit. Probably not something to recommend but I will continue to experiment. I might need to run some floss between my dial.

Gramin,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Is it best to let the battery in the unit go to blinking red and then charge if? I've been charging after like two chambers. I just put it in. It was at 3.84 or something like that.

Secondly, are the blue lights supposed to flicker during pulls? For instance, lights will be solid. Then I use the Hydratube and they are strobing.

Also just now my backend was pretty hot and I didn't see much visible vapor but I still got ripped. It could have been my pack which I felt was a little light to begin with. When I dumped it out, it wasn't as brown as I anticipated it to be. Again, could be due to my pack.

I packed .12 of Gorilla Glue for the morning when I wake up for the day in a few hours and I'll resume the experimentation :-). This has been fun.

I'm nervous that this unit isn't going to last long but I sure hope it does because it has quickly become my favorite vaporizer to date.

Top Bottom