• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Grasshopper

greenextinguisher

I think its worth pointing out that Wake's nitecore incident was not really an 18650 battery incident but rather a small electronics incident that really could have happened to anything plugged in. He admits that he very well could have been using a knockoff nitecore.

That being said, it is always best to charge in a safe way with a reputable charger and to keep your charger on something that isn't flammable like an oven pan or the kitchen counter.

One option may be plug your charger into a cheap timer or a WeMo, so it gets cut off after a few hours. In the case of the WeMo, you can also unplug it from wherever you are using your smartphone when you realize you left a few batteries on. I do this all the time. I must have 50 lithium ion batteries and I'm always charging at least a few.

edit: I also failed to mention that you could have the timer start an hour before you wake or with the wemo, you could start the charge as you are getting close to home. :tup:

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I think its worth pointing out that Wake's nitecore incident was not really an 18650 battery incident but rather a small electronics incident that really could have happened to anything plugged in. He admits that he very well could have been using a knockoff nitecore.

That being said, it is always best to charge in a safe way with a reputable charger and to keep your charger on something that isn't flammable like an oven pan or the kitchen counter.

One option may be plug your charger into a cheap timer or a WeMo, so it gets cut off after a few hours. In the case of the WeMo, you can also unplug it from wherever you are using your smartphone when you realize you left a few batteries on. I do this all the time. I must have 50 lithium ion batteries and I'm always charging at least a few.

edit: I also failed to mention that you could have the timer start an hour before you wake or with the wemo, you could start the charge as you are getting close to home. :tup:

Awesome, those are great ideas.

I just want to add that @WakeAndVape likely had a counterfeit charger. I still advise caution when charging, but the first step towards safety is making sure you are buying a safe product. If the product isn't safe it doesn't matter if you use the best practices when working with it, it's still going to be an unsafe product.

http://charger.nitecore.com/counterfeit-alert-to-nitecore-charger-buyers

I threw out the box like a moron yesterday. Oh well. But I'm pretty sure it is legit. It did have the code on the box, and it appears to be quality made.

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
I just want to add that @WakeAndVape likely had a counterfeit charger. I still advise caution when charging, but the first step towards safety is making sure you are buying a safe product. If the product isn't safe it doesn't matter if you use the best practices when working with it, it's still going to be an unsafe product.

http://charger.nitecore.com/counterfeit-alert-to-nitecore-charger-buyers
Wow, I had no idea. I got a chill when I read your post and immediately went and checked my box. Found the sticker and registered it immediately. Thanks for the info.

Added note: I never leave any charger plugged in when it's not being used. Was always a little paranoid about that stuff.

Mrbrown81k

Random question, but which Nitecore charger would be suitable for Grasshopper and Arizer Air Batteries?

Mrbrown81k,

greenextinguisher

Is there a model in particular though that does both?

All of the nitecores and the xtars that list 18650s as an accepted battery type should work great for both types of batteries.

My personal preference for plugging into the wall:

xtar vp4
xtar vp2
nitecore d4

My preference for plugging into USB (on-the-go):

XTAR vc2 (edit: the plus model, specifically)

greenextinguisher

I decided to give the Grasshopper a chance. My buddy who ordered last year just got the confirmation email but he now lives in Japan so cant take it. I figured for 150$ USD why not. Cant wait!

Good call, dude.

You will get different opinions on how to use the hopper. I highly recommend you start with a little bit of material and a very slow draw. Increase as you feel comfortable. Definitely try a harder draw at some point, since others seem to prefer that. I hated the hopper at first (like the vape critic) it was literally burning up my mouth and throat. Fast/hard draws just don't work for me on this thing!

Now that I figured out how it works for me, I can hit it at any temp and get any type of cloud I want. I now consider it one of the most important vapes I have.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Good call, dude.

You will get different opinions on how to use the hopper. I highly recommend you start with a little bit of material and a very slow draw. Increase as you feel comfortable. Definitely try a harder draw at some point, since others seem to prefer that. I hated the hopper at first (like the vape critic) it was literally burning up my mouth and throat. Fast/hard draws just don't work for me on this thing!

Now that I figured out how it works for me, I can hit it at any temp and get any type of cloud I want. I now consider it one of the most important vapes I have.

How do you hit it exactly? I find it too hot, too.. Was under the impression the GH NEEDS a pretty fast draw to perform well? Sipping is possible or how do you manage to keep it cool?

Thanks ! :)

vapen00b,

flyfishwino

So they gentleman on Ebay raised his price again, so I pre-ordered from GH with 2 extra batteries. Don't mind waiting. Better than overpaying.

flyfishwino,
Reactions: moondog

Mrbrown81k

I have a crafty so Im going to try using the crafty mouthpiece like another user suggested. I really dont want to buy any bubblers, I live in a small place and chances are it will be knocked over and break

greenextinguisher

How do you hit it exactly? I find it too hot, too.. Was under the impression the GH NEEDS a pretty fast draw to perform well? Sipping is possible or how do you manage to keep it cool?

Thanks ! :)

Just really slow hits. Like a long steady sip of tea. 7-10 seconds? Even from cold start they are pretty dense and rich hits at this pace. I really can't understand why the fast draw would be a good idea with no air path, but yeah, that's even what GHL recommends, apparently. Hard draws make a lot of sense through water. If I understand correctly, the heater will keep up with even the most intense draws, but sending that right into your mouth is scary to me. haha

edit 2: one other benefit of the slow draw is that you can feel the heat coming on before its too late. I turn off my hopper during the hit every time and often extend the draw until it starts to cool. I very rarely have ever even clicked the hopper on. I work it with a half-press almost exclusively.

edit:

I have a crafty so Im going to try using the crafty mouthpiece like another user suggested. I really dont want to buy any bubblers, I live in a small place and chances are it will be knocked over and break

This will fit in your pocket. It's shorter than the GH. Not going to be the greatest piece, but it does it for me.

http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/pinnacle-pro-glass-smoking-water-pipe-vaporblunt/184494946.html

I think it's a great idea to start with the CU or mouthpiece. In no time, you'll want to be able to hit it raw dog, though. :rofl:

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I recently wrote about my Hopping experiences around Lincoln Center and Grand Central Station and I enjoy hearing other hopping tales.

Travels With Hopper has continued, with a trip to Fire Island, NY last week.
Hopped all over Ocean Beach on bicycles and on foot (there are no cars out there, save for police/fire/etc.) including out on the beach for the rise of a full moon over the Atlantic.
It was also nice to sit on the front porch at take quick hits in between folks strolling by.
Ti Hopper and Nitecore D2 performed flawlessly.
But I have to confess, the dreary drive home in heavy traffic prompted use of Mighty and several dosing caps...

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I wonder how many people registered their Nitecore or not. I feel like such an idiot. I always keep boxes. Oh well, it only cost me $30 on Amazon. I doubt I'm gonna ever need to use the warranty anyway. I did send them an email. Let's see what they say

-----

@vapviking - Today I went out to my usual park during my lunch break. It's a real small park, essentially it's just a staircase in the woods. bottom of the stairs is the park essentially, top of the stairs is the exit. Anyhow, I take a massive rip of the Grasshopper (by the way I'll get to heat in a bit), and I blow it out. Well, wouldn't you know, the fucking shit is a cloud. Like literally a fucking cloud. I walked away from it as this guy was coming down the stairs. As he approached it, he literally had to like duck and swerve to try to avoid it. I was literally like oh shit.

Now - I don't see how I could do something like that in GCT without getting caught. HAHAHAHA. I am on 4 on the dial. I could see if I was using 3 and no visible vapor was coming out.

-----

I took two sessions of the hopper and I am ripped out of my mind. LOL.

What's the best way to carry this thing? I have just been carrying it to work in the box it came in, and then in my pocket when I go outside, being careful. I would absolutely love the leather sleeve, but I want something in the meantime. Or if I could find a comparable leather sleeve.

I think the one I have for my Apple Pencil is too small

-----

As for the heat, I think my O.G. Pax had a lot more heat output than this thing. Maybe it's just me, but that thing used to really tear me up.

I can handle 5 on the dial on the Grasshopper no problem. It's a bit hot, but nothing that I can't get used to. I am using the silicon mouthpiece

skyvaper

I dont care enough to do so but has anyone who wants a clean silicone mp tried magic eraser?

skyvaper,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I dont care enough to do so but has anyone who wants a clean silicone mp tried magic eraser?

Personally, too many chemicals in that for me. I wouldn't risk it. That's my take. I want to use ISO, but I seem to recall ISO being bad for silicon. I've been fishing for answers here, but no one seems to know. I really wish there was something I can do to restore it. I got two more coming, but I would hate to have to keep replacing them if they could be cleaned.

Mr. Me2

What's the best way to carry this thing? I have just been carrying it to work in the box it came in, and then in my pocket wh

My first time trying to quote...

Anyway, for an inexpensive case for just your gh, look at the Livescribe case on Amazon. It's around $13. Low quality leather, but it holds the gh with a magnet closure.

Hope this helps.

flyfishwino

What's the best way to carry this thing? I have just been carrying it to work in the box it came in, and then in my pocket when I go outside, being careful. I would absolutely love the leather sleeve, but I want something in the meantime. Or if I could find a comparable leather sleeve.

Why would you need a case?

flyfishwino,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Why would you need case?

It's because I don't want lint and stuff getting into the air-holes in my pocket.

My first time trying to quote...

Anyway, for an inexpensive case for just your gh, look at the Livescribe case on Amazon. It's around $13. Low quality leather, but it holds the gh with a magnet closure.

Hope this helps.

Awesome about quoting it worked :-). I'm gonna check it out now. Is this what you are talking about?
https://www.amazon.com/Livescribe-A...id=1472064144&sr=8-2&keywords=livescribe+case

I don't really like the clip on the back of the livescribe case.

I would like something like this
51XYboOoO1L.jpg

That looks pretty slick...But I just can find the image, not the actual item. LOL

(Sorry for it not being a grasshopper in there, but you get the point :-).

flyfishwino

Just curious. Does everyone use a case? Is it necessary? Upside, dowside
I guess I look at it being another piece of equipment to carry around including extra batteries and stash you'd already have on you.
Thanks

Top Bottom