Discontinued The Grasshopper

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Question for you all... if the Grasshopper never existed, which portable would be your go-to?
That's a good question, because nothing really offers what the Grasshopper does, as far as speed, stealth, and size. It's not even my favorite portable, but it fills a spot no other vape can for me just yet.

My Sticky Bricks and VapCaps are fast and have great performance, but they are not stealthy at all. There's no way I could use them in a movie theater, for example, and the Grasshopper is great for that.

I would say maybe the Milaana or Firewood but they are not as small or stealthy as the hopper is.

I ended up taking advantage of the one cent shipping sale, I've been putting off buying batteries for far too long. The sale basically gave me a free battery so it made sense. I also picked up a SS PFE. I think I might leave the PFE attached to my SS and use it primarily at home and with water, and I will use my Ti with OG mouthpiece primarily on the go. I usually take my Ti on the go already because of the lighter weight.

My order shipped today, in just over 24 hours. If I hadn't ordered so late at night it probably would have shipped in less than 24 hours. I'll cut them a little slack since it technically shipped the next day, which makes this the first time for me that Hopper Labs has successfully shipped within their estimated time frame. Progress!

With increased communication from Hopper Labs, true on-demand shipping, and possible improved reliability it might be time for one of those hopper orgies soon!

Seriously though, can you imagine how different the mood in this thread will be when the reliability is not a big issue any more?

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Seriously though, can you imagine how different the mood in this thread will be when the reliability is not a big issue any more?

If we aren't there already then when we do get there I think this vape is going to storm the market. It does have so much going for it, the near instant heat up, ease of use, the stealth factor, the ease of cleaning... It's a great vape. I can't wait to be at 100% confidence with it.

Question for you all... if the Grasshopper never existed, which portable

For me it would absolutely be the VapCap, I'd also use @Pipes induction heater to resolve the stealth issue as well. There is also the possibility (not tried myself) of using other vapes to drive it, like the Flowermate.

As it is now though, no other vape that I know of offers all the above features other than the hopper.

jds

I've used a friend's Grasshopper a few times and am really sold on it, it seems like the perfect portable battery-powered vape, but I am concerned with its reliability. I don't live in USA so even sending it in for warranty would be a pain in the ass.

Are the new units more reliable than the old ones that I see people talk about?

What is even breaking inside these devices for them to have gotten such a reputation in the first place?

btka

I purchased the performance front end a day or so after it cam out. At first I was in love with it. But after about a month, the front end got clogged. I soaked it in alcohol and that helpedal but it didn't take long to get clogged again. To make matter worst, it doesn't appear that you can remove the screen. So I switched back to the normal mouth piece because you can remove the screen for a better cleaning. Anybody else experience this?

PFEs have been fine for me and less troublesome to clean. I got 2 and swap them every morning. One comes out of the glass vial of 99% ISO and giets rinsed and dried and installed on GH and the one coming of the Hopper goes into the glass vial.

They always stay perfectly clean this way! (I was cleaning my standard mouthpieces this way as well but they were much more of a pain to clean)

yes it clogges faster... but it is really easy to clean... soak it in iso overnight (when clogged)... rinse with water in the morning... dry it thoroughly... and you are ready to go... show me or name me another vape with less maintanance (cleaning)

verdampersweats

That's a good question, because nothing really offers what the Grasshopper does, as far as speed, stealth, and size. It's not even my favorite portable, but it fills a spot no other vape can for me just yet.

My Sticky Bricks and VapCaps are fast and have great performance, but they are not stealthy at all. There's no way I could use them in a movie theater, for example, and the Grasshopper is great for that.

I would say maybe the Milaana or Firewood but they are not as small or stealthy as the hopper is.

I ended up taking advantage of the one cent shipping sale, I've been putting off buying batteries for far too long. The sale basically gave me a free battery so it made sense. I also picked up a SS PFE. I think I might leave the PFE attached to my SS and use it primarily at home and with water, and I will use my Ti with OG mouthpiece primarily on the go. I usually take my Ti on the go already because of the lighter weight.

My order shipped today, in just over 24 hours. If I hadn't ordered so late at night it probably would have shipped in less than 24 hours. I'll cut them a little slack since it technically shipped the next day, which makes this the first time for me that Hopper Labs has successfully shipped within their estimated time frame. Progress!

With increased communication from Hopper Labs, true on-demand shipping, and possible improved reliability it might be time for one of those hopper orgies soon!

What is the #1 power user option do you think? I looked at all options inc reliability etc and my conclusion seems to be double up on two mightys or two hoppers and have it all. But everytime you pop in here you see notable people like @biohacker mention they prefer the Mighty. The price for both is equal in the UK for me due to other reasons so it is always a straight fight in my mind between them.

verdampersweats,
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

But everytime you pop in here you see notable people like @biohacker mention they prefer the Mighty.

To be clear, the GH (4 of them) replaced 2 Mighty's. It was great while it lasted, but the reliability leaves much to be desired. So until that changes....and I don't care about their "promises of improvement" - I need solid evidence without being a guinea pig (again), I will stand by the Mighty (and Crafty) as well as my Solo 2 as being my favourite portables at this point.

When the evidence changes, i'll change. IMO save yourself the grief and go with the double barrel mightys!

vaporist4LIFE

To be clear, the GH (4 of them) replaced 2 Mighty's. It was great while it lasted, but the reliability leaves much to be desired. So until that changes....and I don't care about their "promises of improvement" - I need solid evidence without being a guinea pig (again), I will stand by the Mighty (and Crafty) as well as my Solo 2 as being my favourite portables at this point.

When the evidence changes, i'll change. IMO save yourself the grief and go with the double barrel mightys!
How is the solo 2 your favourite if you haven't used it?

verdampersweats

Hmm you probably made up my mind because there is literally no other options yet. And to and forth from the USA is a pain too much pain in fact and i dont know how long Vapefiend are going to be in business in the UK either. We will have to see later this month what is happening but until then it looks like it will be indeed two double barrel Mightys.

It would not even be an overly bulky package to strap two togeather and set it on your knee in my mind with a Y adapter and whip going into some glass. A Hopper would be a lot more unstable this way without spending more on the water tool adapter. In the end a hopper gonna cost me more than a Mighty initally.

verdampersweats,
Reactions: biohacker

JCat

Accessory Maker

I don't know ... I kinda' like visiting the post office every few weeks! :lol:

It's a nice walk there and back with the dogs!

All kidding aside, I have 2 Hoppers and a Mighty and a Crafty. Mighty and Crafty are my reliable backups but I always pickup the Hopper if I have a working one! (But I would never trust even 2 working GH's to work when they need them ... if going out for a day or two, I would always bring my Crafty or Mighty as backup)

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
What is the #1 power user option do you think?

It would not even be an overly bulky package to strap two togeather and set it on your knee in my mind with a Y adapter and whip going into some glass. A Hopper would be a lot more unstable this way without spending more on the water tool adapter. In the end a hopper gonna cost me more than a Mighty initally.

If you're talking pure power, and obviously true portability isn't a huge concern if you're talking about duct taping two Mightys together (:lol:), I would recommend the HydroBrick. It outperforms my Grasshopper and even my Evo, and you can't beat its reliability. The only thing that can fail is the glass and screen, and those are easily user replaceable and reasonably priced as well. Buy a couple backups if you think you will need them, and if anything fails you are ready to go again almost instantly, no warranty service necessary.

The Sticky Brick Junior hits almost as hard, and is more portable.

It's hard to recommend the Grasshopper to international customers right now, especially if it costs as much as a Mighty. It does seem reliability is improving quite a bit but it's too soon to tell for sure in my opinion.

biohacker

How is the solo 2 your favourite if you haven't used it?

The Solo 2 is functionally the same as the Solo which I have owned over a dozen over the years. Nothing new there, just better in every area. The lightning quick heatup isn't far from the GH, even though they are different entities. I hope that answers your question, if not ping me in the relevant thread.

It would not even be an overly bulky package to strap two togeather and set it on your knee in my mind with a Y adapter and whip going into some glass.

I've hit the double barrel mighty's simultaneously many times, with 2 in one hand! Not that hard, and ho-lee-shit when both at 210c! Pretty comfy with those mouthpieces too and amazing airflow! POW! :nod:

ElPic

Take my money
I read a lot of bad stories in this thread before making the move of buying a hopper.
In need of a real stealthy and portable unit , I take the risk and I buy a hopper before they raise their price couple months ago.
So now I own a SS hopper for several months, using it every day (2 batteries per day is my average usage) with Not a single problem!!
Not the best unit in every aspect of the game, but for a on the road super stealthy unit, this little bastard is hard to beat!
Just want to share that not Every hopper are Badmotherf#ck#r!!
Happy mother's day to all vaping mother !!

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
In need of a real stealthy and portable unit , I take the risk and I buy a hopper before they raise their price couple months ago.
Besides the fast heat up time, the small size is probably my favorite part about the Grasshopper. My pockets usually have more stuff in them than I would prefer in the first place, even a smallish vape like a Crafty or Milaana would be much more noticeable in my pocket than the Grasshopper is. It's so small I often forget it's in my pocket.

verdampersweats

If you're talking pure power, and obviously true portability isn't a huge concern if you're talking about duct taping two Mightys together (:lol:), I would recommend the HydroBrick. It outperforms my Grasshopper and even my Evo, and you can't beat its reliability. The only thing that can fail is the glass and screen, and those are easily user replaceable and reasonably priced as well. Buy a couple backups if you think you will need them, and if anything fails you are ready to go again almost instantly, no warranty service necessary.

The Sticky Brick Junior hits almost as hard, and is more portable.

It's hard to recommend the Grasshopper to international customers right now, especially if it costs as much as a Mighty. It does seem reliability is improving quite a bit but it's too soon to tell for sure in my opinion.

Thanks feedback is appreciated if you three say the supreme hits hard then im going to look at it. I discounted the sticky bricks though its still Mighty currently. I will say this though Sticky Brick Labs have a killer Hydrotube i need called Sticky Tube.

I am so glad i visited the site to find that, Thats the kind of setup i lust for Dual vapes into an F-Bomb or Sticky Tube. I got the Mighty + F-Bomb i just need a second to finnish my collection. Two is enough i am not a greedy man after all lol but @biohacker you are the man to decide for me i think you have tried them all! And what you just descrbed two at a time at 210c is exactly my plan. I cant use my Herbo XL below 10 either due to bad habits from combusting for 15 years.

biohacker

@biohacker you are the man to decide for me i think you have tried them all!

Thanks man, I definitely haven't tried them all but i've been addicted to this hobby and VAS for a decade with too much disposable income! :lol:

You NEED the Supreme v3...but consider its form factor and if that works for you. There is a double barrel version out now too which may be suitable for your needs (overkill for me), so come join us in the thread! :tup:

verdampersweats

Thanks man, I definitely haven't tried them all but i've been addicted to this hobby and VAS for a decade with too much disposable income! :lol:

You NEED the Supreme v3...but consider its form factor and if that works for you. There is a double barrel version out now too which may be suitable for your needs (overkill for me), so come join us in the thread! :tup:

I just watched @IAmKrazy2 on Youtube with one and that looks great but its not suitable i do not think. The butane might be hassle but more so its going to be more fiddly than dual mightys or hoppers considering ive already got one mighty im kind of bound into two of them or a mighty and a supplimental vape and i think i would do myself an injury trying to work a mighty and supreme V3 at the same time mate.

Pity because the hits look monsterous, I can see why it could be #1 in certain situations especially cold weather!

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

Yesterday my Ti PFE was delivered. Which by the way, is a machining work of art.

IMO the Grasshopper is more comparable to my Ducati. Where every piece was designed with every other piece in mind. Then made to fit
seemlessly perfect with the other. You can look and touch them both and marvel at there beauty.

They are finicky and temperamental as fuck! But are absolute beasts when running right.
perfect with the other. You can look and touch them both and marvel at there beauty.

They are finicky and temperamental as fuck! But are absolute beasts when running right.

I also received 4 GHB2's and I'm sure this was stated before. That the new battery wrapping is a little different and seem a little more durable then the GHB1's.

Can't even try out the Ti PFE or new batteries until tomorrow. When my Ti hopper returns from its first RMA.

I'm off all day so I'll be constantly looking out for my mail lady/person.

I ordered one extra silicone mouthpiece and they sent 2.

Not sure if they were being nice, made a mistake, or are just trying to get rid of their inventory? To start selling their redesigned none staining silicone mouthpiece?

Either way, Am I the only one who has received something for free from Hopper Labs? :rockon::brow: :o

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Either way, Am I the only one who has received something for free from Hopper Labs?
Last October I got a free GHB2 when I sent my Ti Grasshopper in for its first RMA. That lone GHB2 has been serving me well as my GHB1s have degraded to the point I can only get one chamber per charge. The GHB2 is still giving me two chambers per charge, and it seems to give better extraction performance too.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Any consensus on whether their claims of improved reliability on newer units is actually true?

Has anyone who has recently received a NEW unit had to send it back?

Top Bottom