Discontinued The Grasshopper

biohacker

@Icon13 I assume you are talking about me? Your perception of the point of my post is completely incorrect, which is cool because it's not the first time today that someone has completely misconstrued my point, so I apologize if i'm speaking another language today.

It was liked by people who get it. I'm sorry you don't like me or my posts...I think there is a way to block them.

diddymao

aint no party like a diddy party
@Icon13 I assume you are talking about me? Your perception of the point of my post is completely incorrect, which is cool because it's not the first time today that someone has completely misconstrued my point, so I apologize if i'm speaking another language today.

It was liked by people who get it. I'm sorry you don't like me or my posts...I think there is a way to block them.
dude i can understand what your saying both here and in vtac`s thread, a small minority on this forum dont seem to get the whole love and respect your fellow vaper thing,we are a community so lets stop the hating

Icon13

Serial Vapist

Actually my post had nothing to do with yours. Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I did quote my own message and not yours when I made that post. I think you misunderstood my post and not the other way around because I was not referencing yours.

I was just wondering why people liked my post. I wasn't posting it because I'm happily anticipating my Hopper arriving. I just wanted to share the unreasonable wait time.

Why would I dislike you or your posts? We have PM'd each other about our disdain for our Hoppers' reliability. So much in fact, you have sold all 4 of yours. I'm confident we both agree that it's an awesome device when it works, however reliability is a major issue.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I was just wondering why people liked my post. I wasn't posting it because I'm happily anticipating my Hopper arriving. I just wanted to share the unreasonable wait time.
Some folks just like that you're here sharing.
Sorry your Hopper experience hasn't been good; for some of us it's working out pretty well.

But all the broments* shared over this confusion?
Priceless!

*is this a thing?

biohacker

@icon apologies bro, I didn't know WTF was going on there....I received a notification that you quoted my post, then couldn't find it but saw two of your posts that you deleted, and than stupidly assumed that the one quote was referring to my post. Fack, I just confused myself so I doubt you got it lol. Regardless, cheers!

Broments....hahahaha....let's all have one big happy Hopper hug! lol

back to the show... whoever gets that glass piece and 4 hoppers and uploads a video of it should get a huge prize or something....

Icon13

Serial Vapist
@icon apologies bro, I didn't know WTF was going on there....I received a notification that you quoted my post, then couldn't find it but saw two of your posts that you deleted, and than stupidly assumed that the one quote was referring to my post. Fack, I just confused myself so I doubt you got it lol. Regardless, cheers!

Yeah. It was my bad. I did quote you briefly, but merged it with the previous post just to delete it all moments later. Indecisive stoner move.

MoltenTiger

I like posts as a 'read it' marker, as a 'cheers for sharing' marker and for any other reason my high mind comes up with spontaneously.

For that particular post, it was mostly a 'cheers for sharing, I'm in the same boat' oriented decision.

But, I'd be interested to hear the portion of the 4 weeks that you've been waiting that has been transit, as 4 weeks for warranty isn't too unreasonable if most of it is transit, which has been my experience. How often some people experience needing warranty is unreasonable, for sure. How HL communicate and their generosity could be better (but expenses require funds right?). This is my 2nd week in over a year that I don't have a hopper, and given the market options and everything else it seems about as reasonable as anything to still own one and enjoy it. I am looking forward to getting my two back, though I still haven't sent them away lol. There's plenty of back up options, even the trusty bic and cone if need be. It's a bit disappointing, but 95% of the time owning a hopper is more than worthwhile, for me at least, though I won't deny the overall enjoyment would be better without needing warranty, it wouldn't be by a lot. For me, with having access to the product for 97% of the year, with 5% of it away or playing up. I'm happy with that.

If I didn't have back-up options and wasn't going to spend an amount on one product instead of these two finicky hoppers, I couldn't justify getting them, but that wasn't the case. I find my time without the GH frustrating, but only because I've been enlightened to a different lifestyle with it, one that I can't see how I could replicate with any other product. Owning the GH has fundamentally changed how I view vaping and how I view cannabis, it's caused me to smoke a lot less and get a lot higher in some extremely remote areas. And I enjoy cannabis more than ever. Hoppering has surpassed my satisfaction for nicotine infused bong hits, one of the most highly addictive ways to use cannabis and something that could easily have killed me.

Through the year it's cost me 50 bucks and a 2 short stints with warranty/postage, on top of 70 dollars of batteries, and about 500 for both hoppers. I've frivolously spent upwards of 3k fueling it with herb and glass and accessories, to the point that they've totally eclipsed the worth of the hopper (and are future proof too). But a 400 bong isn't priceless to me if I only have the EQ. So I don't know, I guess I don't care that much that the GH needs service trips because currently there's still nothing else that does what it does. It does precisely what I need, and I gather a lot of other people are similar. This is why I enjoy spending my internet time preaching the good word, because fuck combustion.

The hopper is the tool that actually allowed me to do it, sure it breaks from time to time. Better it than me.
Also worth pointing out that before I transitioned I was smoking about 5k of herb a year, so successfully switching to the hopper has paid for itself and all the extra goodies and glass, and postage.

And I'll like a post where the story is different, because every tale is important. I stand by quality and reason, which is often offered here, there's lots to like. And although the hoppers quality is a touchy subject, it doesn't have proper competition but it does have a (so far 100% upheld) lifetime warranty, and it takes me a month to utilise it too. Factors can be accounted for if the facts stand. I bought a second unit before I even tried the hopper because I knew I'd be sending one away periodically. Unfortunality that is still the best option for this product, which does heavily undermine its value, but then it's relatively inexpensive and also a shameless consumer product anyway.
Anyways... that's a lot more justification than I was expecting to spiel, and I reckon the EQ is pre-heated now, but yeah no I'll-feelings @Icon13 I just hope you can still appreciate what you've been apart of even if it hasn't worked out as well for you or others. Overall I think it's been great for the average user and I think it has been good development for the industry. It may not be perfect, and it's certainly been a mixed bag of tricks, but I'm still waiting for something with the same features to show up to even properly compete. Until then I hope you get your hoppers back and just enjoy them until they've got to go back again. At least when they die, for the time being, it just takes a month and 20 bucks post. At some stage they'll die and there'll be something else to upgrade to, but unless you want to opt for a major pitfall in usability and portability, the warranty cycle is very much worth it from my perspective :peace:

Last edited:

Icon13

Serial Vapist
Going on 3 weeks with no Hopper... Should have it back in another week.

How many feet can I fit in my mouth? Let's find out...

GHL Must Be frequenting this thread because apparently they sent me tracking information at 2 a.m. My Hopper will be back today. Kudos to them, it's the small things like that make me happy. Apparently, they had already shipped it but never let me know.

vapviking

Old & In the Way

Should I tm that?

back to the show... whoever gets that glass piece and 4 hoppers and uploads a video of it should get a huge prize or something..
The prize: a 5th Hopper?
Hey, you had the 4 hopper part, you were halfway there!
Come to think of it, I did, too, for about two weeks last year though I never used the two that I gave away to my kids!

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
But is it possible to have broment with your GH? :hmm:

Then we will be talking of HL as the worst "broment crushers" ever!! :doh: :lol:

Hope everyone is having their broments, either with GH or with their bros.. mine is still kicking alive, although 2 nights ago I had a "broment" with it when it did the "straight to blue" thingy that had done to me last time.. I was almost ready for another ISO bath, when I clicked again went to blue, not that fast this time but still pretty fast, and started sucking hard to see if any heat or vapor would produce, and it did!! So this was a non-call event let's say.. It happened so fast that I didn't want to report it either. Although I'm pretty sure that I'll be seeking out for HL sooner or later. They may even have my RMA still open :p

Almost a week ago, I finally realised why I was getting a much quicker battery from time to time.. I have one GBH1 and 3 GBH2!! The difference is huge!! I hadn't managed to connect it that it could have been the battery, since all of them were in rotation and probably the GHB1 had not come across a lot of times.. I had noticed that something was not going right though. And to my relief and surprise, I found out that it was the type the issue..
Other than that, my hopper is getting a lot of love lately, along with some gentle (to a certain extent) care as well.
Now, I'm waiting for the 4/20 deals so that I may find my GH electonic backup, now that I still have an operational unit...:clap::razz:

Top Bottom