• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Grasshopper

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
Right on... today straight to blue and not heat came up again and this time cleaning the oven didn't really do anything... HL here we go again... 2nd RMA in roughly 3 months! I will demand a new unit, if that's possible.. servicing the same one that I had the main body replaced, doesn't sound like a good deal to me...

Dear lotus, time for you to shine once again!! :love:

I know most hopper users don't grind their material too fine but would a space case grind be advisable? I found the medium space case for sale for a suspiciously low price and some of the wording has me worried. Does this look too good to be true? New Vape is a reputable vendor as far as I know but the price just has me question it's authenticity
https://www.newvape.com/4-piece-63mm-space-case-grinder-9133/

I have that free knockoff space case grinder that Vape World gave me and I don't wish to upgrade to find out it's the same crappy one I already have

NewVape seems like quality organization I have ordered their pax accessories that were excellent.

almost there

NewVape seems like quality organization I have ordered their pax accessories that were excellent.
I thought so too but the rep that replied to my inquiry gave me the details of the kind of material used, the machining process and how it matches their own product but didn't directly answer my inquiry if it's a true space case. That in itself answered my question I suppose.

Last edited:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
It's so hard to tell what the failure rate is because HL will not release the figures. Part of me feels like that is suspicious and another part of me wonders how many companies would release those figures, not many is my guess.

What really worries me is not the number of RMA's, it's the number of customers with repeat RMA cases.

Last I could tell (+'s are just in case I'm underestimating users efforts in regards to returns, don't want to upset anybody):
I know there have been more users experiencing these high numbers of repeat RMA cases but it get's kinda hard to keep track.

The repeat cases for me are major red flags, I'm currently on 2x RMA's so I don't feel like I have much to complain about personally but I completely understand why others are getting frustrated.

My current Hopper is around 8 months old, arrived DOA and has had 2x swapped bodies fairly early on in its life. It's now running well and I was using about 4-5 chambers everyday. However I've had an OmniVap for the last 3-4 weeks so my Hopper usage has decreased to about 2 bowls every other day.

@Gramin's discovery of gunk between the heater and the screen bothers me. I feel a device like this MUST be user serviceable, especially if it is to be touted as a medical grade device.

What the Hopper can do when it's working well is just astonishing, but I don't care how well it works, if I lose confidence in its cleanliness and/or reliability I'll go looking elsewhere.

It's all about confidence, I'm leaning towards the VapCap for my daily driver and the Hopper when I want to have that mind shattering hit.

To all those with multiple RMA's, my respect to you guys for the patience you have shown HL. You guys should have been rewarded/compensated with either some free batts for your troubles or at the very least a more carefully handled support case.

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
Well said @GreenHopper ... Something that I just saw and found it peculiar.. HL ask me to return the hopper, the charger and 1 battery to them.. 1st of all since Im not using the charger at all, there's no need to send it (additional grams may put me to a different shipping category) and again, I don't see the reason sending one of my batteries overseas and back... for what? to see if it's working properly or don't they have others to do the testings?? WTF is that???

disGRUNTled

Titanium Grasshopper arrived today.
6wSTLcQ.jpg

Breaking the Hopper in with some Purple Elephant
ugPwgPR.jpg

y51DA2H.jpg

L2woy7K.jpg

natural farmer

Right on... today straight to blue and not heat came up again and this time cleaning the oven didn't really do anything... HL here we go again... 2nd RMA in roughly 3 months! I will demand a new unit, if that's possible.. servicing the same one that I had the main body replaced, doesn't sound like a good deal to me...

Dear lotus, time for you to shine once again!! :love:
Bud, why don't you do a dipping clean before sending it in? I have a feeling it will work fine after that?

natural farmer,

Mr Mellish

It's so hard to tell what the failure rate is because HL will not release the figures. Part of me feels like that is suspicious and another part of me wonders how many companies would release those figures, not many is my guess.

What really worries me is not the number of RMA's, it's the number of customers with repeat RMA cases.

Last I could tell (+'s are just in case I'm underestimating users efforts in regards to returns, don't want to upset anybody):
I know there have been more users experiencing these high numbers of repeat RMA cases but it get's kinda hard to keep track.

The repeat cases for me are major red flags, I'm currently on 2x RMA's so I don't feel like I have much to complain about personally but I completely understand why others are getting frustrated.

My current Hopper is around 8 months old, arrived DOA and has had 2x swapped bodies fairly early on in its life. It's now running well and I was using about 4-5 chambers everyday. However I've had an OmniVap for the last 3-4 weeks so my Hopper usage has decreased to about 2 bowls every other day.

@Gramin's discovery of gunk between the heater and the screen bothers me. I feel a device like this MUST be user serviceable, especially if it is to be touted as a medical grade device.

What the Hopper can do when it's working well is just astonishing, but I don't care how well it works, if I lose confidence in its cleanliness and/or reliability I'll go looking elsewhere.

It's all about confidence, I'm leaning towards the VapCap for my daily driver and the Hopper when I want to have that mind shattering hit.

To all those with multiple RMA's, my respect to you guys for the patience you have shown HL. You guys should have been rewarded/compensated with either some free batts for your troubles or at the very least a more carefully handled support case.

I'm not sure where to go with this. I've had an SS and a Ti since June and they have performed quite well. I will admit that my SS gets super fucking hot at times but it still functions as I would expect. I'm sure I'll return it at some point but it has never failed to fulfill its role. I do agree that repeat issues should be treated with respect and kid gloves but I also see that my GH devices are performing at the levels I would expect them to perform to.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
I'm not sure where to go with this. I've had an SS and a Ti since June and they have performed quite well. I will admit that my SS gets super fucking hot at times but it still functions as I would expect. I'm sure I'll return it at some point but it has never failed to fulfill its role. I do agree that repeat issues should be treated with respect and kid gloves but I also see that my GH devices are performing at the levels I would expect them to perform to.

I felt the same when writing the post which is why I included a mini report of my experience with the Hopper and RMA's.

I feel I have had a positive experience so far but I can't ignore the reports from others of multiple RMA's.

I'm genuinely delighted your Hopper is working well. I think positive reports are just as important as the negative ones.

I'm very happy with my 8 month old Hopper. I'm likely leaning towards the VapCap at the moment as I'm still in the honeymoon phase. Although I have to say it really does have a charm all of its own.

vapviking

Old & In the Way

Hey! Don't forget me! Just sent in my 10th warranty claim this week. But to be fair/correct you have to divide by the number of Hoppers owned, which in my case is 2. Then factor in months owned, geez there's a whole formula to this...

If it's not too much bother (the heat) then I'd use it until it fails, which will be soon enough.

Bud, why don't you do a dipping clean before sending it in? I have a feeling it will work fine after that?
Because it can void yer warranty. That policy was clarified in the blog post re; cleaning just a month or so ago. HL wanted to let people know that you should never flush inside Hopper with solvents; a swab with very lightly dampened (iso) q-tip with downward-pointing Hopper is specifically recommended in that post.

as in the "photoshoped" image on the manual you mean? :whoa::evil:

Edit: fuck it...y not....
vr5Fvbb.jpg
Well, that's up to the eyeballs!
We of course await your full report.

Icon13

Serial Vapist
I know most hopper users don't grind their material too fine but would a space case grind be advisable? I found the medium space case for sale for a suspiciously low price and some of the wording has me worried. Does this look too good to be true? New Vape is a reputable vendor as far as I know but the price just has me question it's authenticity
https://www.newvape.com/4-piece-63mm-space-case-grinder-9133/

I have that free knockoff space case grinder that Vape World gave me and I don't wish to upgrade to find out it's the same crappy one I already have

From what I've been told the actual brand name Space Case grinder has the center pole on the body side, not the lid so you can fill up the body side and put the lid on without worrying about the pole being in the way. That one looks like mine, and mine is a knockoff.

Last edited:

natural farmer

as in the "photoshoped" image on the manual you mean? :whoa::evil:

Edit: fuck it...y not....
vr5Fvbb.jpg
I would dip it in a bit more upright, in a narrower container but if dried out properly it wouldn't cause any harm. Make sure you let it dry for at least 12 hours, in a warm and dry place. Maybe on top of a radiator heater in the house? I dry all my ISO q-tips with reclaim on one and ISO goes away really fast.

J T

What kind of voodoo u working brother bc I need some of that. I placed my order one day before u and I haven't heard a peep from them. Can u send them a smoke signal or something with all that herb u got going;)

If you are getting a color other than the regular titanium silver, it takes them longer to do the outside coating or something. Mine was shipped yesterday finally.
Does anyone have a rough estimate of how long it takes to get shipped to Ontario Canada area? I never buy online.

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
I would dip it in a bit more upright, in a narrower container but if dried out properly it wouldn't cause any harm. Make sure you let it dry for at least 12 hours, in a warm and dry place. Maybe on top of a radiator heater in the house? I dry all my ISO q-tips with reclaim on one and ISO goes away really fast.

man mou thnx a lot for the advice!! :) :)

it did work out properly ladies n' gents.... hopper is back alive... I left it dry all night long on a vertical position and tried it now and it seems to be fine. It made two noises as if something was slightly evaporated, the kinda singeing sound, and that was it. Works like a charm. Maybe I'm paranoid again, but I think that vapour appears again really fast maybe faster than last time.. Paranormal phenomenons with the GH.. What's the chances that I may vape something that I'm not supposed to? I should have left it a bit more to dry it out I guess, nevertheless it was around 12hrs or so.. maybe just a bit less.. :hmm: :ugh:
Moreover, what do I say to Caroline now that I've upd her that I'll be shipping it out today? It's in my rights to do so, but what's the story with that now.. bringing the hopper back to life trying to achieve a proper GH-resurrection!! (no, I'm not a believer :p )

ps: regarding positioning, I went along according that manual that was suggesting that sort of angle.. the container I admit that it could have been a bit narrower

biohacker

Wow congrats! You're now going to create an army of coplight ISO dippers! :D

If I had not sent my SS for RMA already I would have given it a shot as well.

However, I would have used fresh ISO (unless it IS fresh and just that dirty from the GH?) and also dried for 24 hours (may have avoided those zapping sounds which is the heater not being fully dried I assume).

Thanks for taking one for the team!! :tup:

MoltenTiger

nevertheless it was around 12hrs or so
Couple of observations: the 24 hour drying time is a big factor with their process. The tendency for users to not wait this is exactly why they can't recommend people attempt this.

Secondly, that IPA has clearly dissolved an amount of resin, hence the current day recommendation of q-tip wipes (surfactant disruption prevents dissolving material and dispersing it through the entire device). As that coloured mixture evaporates, it will leave a film behind that most likely will cause you issues.

I've heard that sizzle multiple times and every time that device has failed within one month with sensor issues.

Hopefully you have better luck.

Carlos8400

However, I would have used fresh ISO (unless it IS fresh and just that dirty from the GH?) and also dried for 24 hours (may have avoided those zapping sounds which is the heater not being fully dried I assume).

I tried that with my cop light GH and it changed nothing...

Also spoke to the shop i bought it from and they said the GH was turning into a running joke.
He actually recommended i sent it back and got a refund saying they haven't sold one that lasted more than a couple months, and that HL wasn't the easiest to deal with even for shops.

That tells me everything i need to know... Goodbye GH

Last edited:

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL

Indeed.. the ISO is 2/3 fresh. I should have used just fresh so that I'd see the colour afterwards..
Can't agree more on the waiting time. I've only had a plain session after switching it on, so hopefully I didn't do much harm to it.

Couple of observations: the 24 hour drying time is a big factor with their process. The tendency for users to not wait this is exactly why they can't recommend people attempt this.

Secondly, that IPA has clearly dissolved an amount of resin, hence the current day recommendation of q-tip wipes (surfactant disruption prevents dissolving material and dispersing it through the entire device). As that coloured mixture evaporates, it will leave a film behind that most likely will cause you issues.

I've heard that sizzle multiple times and every time that device has failed within one month with sensor issues.

Hopefully you have better luck.

Actually, the soaking time was around half hour tops. After having it soaked and holding it upright at all times, I q-tipped it and gave it a good wipe with some tissue as well and then left if dry vertically again.
I'm guessing that I could not prevent this film in the oven of course.
Regarding what you're saying for the 24 hour drying, I will make sure that I will stick to that in my next vapes or the possible "iso bath" that my gh may ever experience again. You're right though, since it's such an important factor it's reasonable that companies cannot recommend that to users. Never again earlier!

Let's hope that I'll be luckier and will avoid sending it back, although I think that sooner or later the unit will be flying overseas... :( let's see...

biohacker

Also spoke to the shop i bought it from and they said the GH was turning into a running joke.
He actually recommended i sent it back and got a refund saying they haven't sold one that lasted more than a couple months, and that HL wasn't the easiest to deal with even for shops.

I think that as much as some fans are in denial, the word on the street about the GH hasn't been the greatest from what i've heard. My n=<12?, but the common motif i've observed is that "it breaks and is unreliable". Hard to argue against it.

I too believe that those hoppers that are long lasting, aren't used as much as some.

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
I think that as much as some fans are in denial, the word on the street about the GH hasn't been the greatest from what i've heard. My n=<12?, but the common motif i've observed is that "it breaks and is unreliable". Hard to argue against it.

I too believe that those hoppers that are long lasting, aren't used as much as some.

Truth is hard to admit sometimes but I think that no matter how solid and reliable in vaping may a hopper be, it's too sensitive to handle heavy usage... mine is a daily driver at least...

so let's say that someone requests refund after facing 2-3-4 RMAs.. is there such a case or lifetime warranty will keep on replacing/fixing your unit as your only option?

Carlos8400

Well, i just spent my GH money on a Herborizer Ti kit with both bowl sizes.
Let's hope the french have thought things through a bit more than Hopper labs did...

GH life was short but intense!

Last edited:

MoltenTiger

Actually, the soaking time was around half hour tops.
I didn't mean to insinuate you did a bad job of it, which reading my post again I realise I could have phrased it better.

Half an hour is a good time for soaking, and 12 hours for drying is actually fairly reasonable all things considered

I feel you have much better chances than I did for unit health, I was much worse with my waiting times :p

Top Bottom