Discontinued The Grasshopper

btka

PSA: Hopper Labs will send out parts that don't match then make you buy replacements if you want them to match.

Caroline is also now trying to suggest that my certified real Nitecore D4 is killing my batteries. I must be really special since just about EVERYONE who has a grasshopper has a Nitecore.
to someone who knowsmabout batteries...
is it possible that using a different battery charger like nitecore could ruin the gh batteries.... and this would not happen if using the original gh usb charge cable.... I am absolutly no pro I only do what I was told here loading with 0.5 amp...

I also got told from ghl not to use an external charger only the ghl solution....

By the way I like my gh. and bought today a mflb orbiter using it dry ... some variation never hurts, before I used a bubbler dry but wanted something with whip, so I do not have to bent over the bubbler all the time.... like the orbiter gh combo....

Also my gh is now my daily driver since nearly one month... and replaced my e-nano ...

my gh ti backend does not have such dots in the notches of the temp dial...

Last edited:

demonscars

Well I wouldn't be too quick to order new batteries, I ordered an additional 2 on the 4th and they haven't shipped. Do we have to wait on batteries as well as hoppers?

demonscars,

Kalessin

Well I wouldn't be too quick to order new batteries, I ordered an additional 2 on the 4th and they haven't shipped. Do we have to wait on batteries as well as hoppers?
They say on the battery page that separate battery order will ship immediately, but they don't seem to keep watch real well. When I ordered some extra batteries I had to email them after a day or two to get them sent out.

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
PSA: Hopper Labs will send out parts that don't match then make you buy replacements if you want them to match.

Caroline is also now trying to suggest that my certified real Nitecore D4 is killing my batteries. I must be really special since just about EVERYONE who has a grasshopper has a Nitecore.
When you charge on the Nitecore, are you using the lower charge rate? I can't remember offhand - doesn't the Nitecore show you what voltage it's charging at? Seems like that's two pieces of info you could supply to bolster your case that it's not the charger. Or, who knows, maybe you're incredibly unlucky and you got the one D4 that is out of control or something. (I don't really believe this, BTW)

Regarding the non-matching parts, seems to me that info, along with the strong possibility of a need for warranty part replacements, might start discouraging people from purchasing the more expensive colored TI units.

JoeMama

Hey! The post a while back about oxidation was also @JoeMama if I recall correctly, after his having spoken with an expert in the field.

Yes, it is I, come to enlighten all with other people's knowledge :razz:

@Skywalker OG , I have read your posts and I gotta empathize with you; jesus, man, it's the terse attitude in her prose that gets me. I remember when I had Pax problems, they'd CALL me and talk about it.

Gotta be careful because I don't want to get dinged by Mod.

And by the way, FTR, I'd like to state that I think posting her correspondence to you is quite OK... why, because it's your correspondence too.

moondog

It's remarkable how little Hopper Labs appears to care about their customers. I've never seen a company so un-accommodating so consistently, over the smallest of things.

It's flooring.
No question, GHL has got some real work to do in some aspects of their CS, but I gotta say, they are NOWHERE near as bad as some of the companies I've had to deal with in my life. If they're your worst, count yourself lucky.

Guess Caroline made my decision for me. After another email or two explaining it couldn't possibly be my charger, since one it's an extremely common charger among Hopper users and two it charges at a lower rate than theirs does I received this. Mind you I didn't tell her what I wanted to do yet, simply explained that it wasn't my charger or batteries.

Caroline said:
Hi There,

I will be returning your unit to you with the Battery I have been using for testing. When you get the device, you will see that it is fully operational. Then, you can decide what you want to do about your Batteries. Be advised, we are returning your unit with a Free Battery.

When you receive your device, use it with this Battery for 1 draw. Then, take the Battery out and re-insert it. You will see that the device is still operational. Then, reinsert one of your Batteries, and see what happens. You can send me a video of the experience you have. The new Battery will be labeled GH2 rather than GH1 as your current Batteries are labeled.

Best,
Caroline

So either I have 5 dud batteries or there's still something wrong with my Grasshopper.

YaFreekin Right

Because you're not the guy who sent in a malfunctioning Grasshopper only to receive it back unchanged. All 5 batteries worked fine before I was sent that specific body. There's nothing wrong with my batteries or Nitecore D4.

As she said they tested it with their batteries & it worked fine. I'm not sure how you know that all your 5 batteries were working fine if your unit was malfunctioning. Anyways, you'll know soon enough when you get it back with the new battery.

YaFreekin Right,
Reactions: moondog

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
guys i have a little problem with my grasshopper.
the filter in the herb chamber (the one with the 3 little metal "feet") probably detached during the expedition and now i cannot put in the right place, any suggestion? can i use the grasshopper without the filter inside the chamber or is a mess?
the chamber is too tight for and the filter wont stay in place and i'm scared that a strong push can ruin something...
thanks and sorry for my english.

edit ok now i put the screen in place but my unit don't work at all...
i don't have error or death blinking led, it work but i have no vapor at all on 3\4\5...half chamber, full chamber, loose or tight, this thing simply doesn't produce vapor...
(my arizer air with a minor quantity of the same herb last me about 20 minutes of vaping, so is not the herb quality).

i'm desperate, 1 year of waiting for a faulty unit... (and i live in italy so the shipping time are way longer...)

what can i do?
can i ask my money back? i don't want to wait another month for another faulty unit...

Last edited:
Wolf46,

Mr. Me2

I've bean meaning to post about something I noticed with my new titanium Grasshopper's backend. Besides it being smoother, there are now little dots in each notch of the temp dial. I can't tell if it's painted or just machined deeper than the rest of the notch. I'm wondering if this is a new change to the backends, or if it is unique to the Ti vs. SS.

One week old Ti on left, twelve week old SS on the right:

lKCMXQf.jpg
Somebody likes temp 4...

the filter in the herb chamber (the one with the 3 little metal "feet") probably detached during the expedition and now i cannot put in the right place, any suggestion? can i use the grasshopper without the filter inside the chamber or is a mess?
the chamber is too tight for and the filter wont stay in place and i'm scared that a strong push can ruin something...

i don't have error or death blinking led, it work but i have no vapor at all on 3\4\5...half chamber, full chamber, loose or tight, this thing simply doesn't produce vapor...
(my arizer air with a minor quantity of the same herb last me about 20 minutes of vaping, so is not the herb quality).

i'm desperate, 1 year of waiting for a faulty unit... (and i live in italy so the shipping time are way longer...)

what can i do?
can i ask my money back? i don't want to wait another month for another faulty unit...
Ive only heard about loosening screens in the mouthpiece. I suggest a warranty claim. I expect either ghl will reseat your screen or send you a new body.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

And mods...sorry about the unintended back to back posts. Please merge, and thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
no no the screen is ok now, i put it in place, but the gh doesn't produce vapor at all?
read my previous post.

btka

what can i do?
is it geeting hot on the front end?
how does the abv look... ismthe herb still green after taking some hits or brown?
did you try it with a fully charged battery?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
no no the screen is ok now, i put it in place, but the gh doesn't produce vapor at all?
read my previous post.
Is it getting warm at all in heater/mouthpiece area? It should be getting quite warm there after being on/off a couple of times. It should be getting hot enough to be at least a little uncomfortable on the lips. If not, this is obviously a problem!

Are you trying long, slow steady draw? As a convection vape, there's no oven to pre-heat the material, so your initial draws may seem very weak, but each draw should have a slowly increasing amount of vapor as you draw longer. I apologize if this seems to be too basic a suggestion.

Elac

Silly rabbit trips are for kids
@Skywalker OG : That totally sucks for you, what a shitty situation to be in.
But I can say this about 2 authentic Nitecore chargers I use and tested.
Neither unit charges to the proper voltage.
Both take all 18650 batteries to 4.20V at full charge, but when testing the fully charged batteries with multiple mutimeters they show the Nitcores don't bring the batteries to the proper voltage. They come out of the charger at 4.14V - 4.15V.
aNCNien.jpg

UrZcbiW.jpg

burU3sn.jpg

If anyone has a multimeter and a Nitcore try charging a Grasshopper battery in it and charge one in the Grasshopper with usb and compare the fully charged voltages.

Bass Vaper

To date I've never used an external charger, only the cable provided by HL. At this point 2 of the 8 batteries I have (4 devices) only make it through one load before dying. They all used to make it thru 2 loads, sometimes 2 1/2 depending on load size. It's clear that they're degrading quickly with use/age.

The Ti seems to hit better, extract better, and provide more value from each load than the SS. Maybe I'm high, but that's how it feels to me having 2 of each kind.

moondog

@Skywalker OG : That totally sucks for you, what a shitty situation to be in.
But I can say this about 2 authentic Nitecore chargers I use and tested.
Neither unit charges to the proper voltage.
Both take all 18650 batteries to 4.20V at full charge, but when testing the fully charged batteries with multiple mutimeters they show the Nitcores don't bring the batteries to the proper voltage. They come out of the charger at 4.14V - 4.15V.
aNCNien.jpg

UrZcbiW.jpg

burU3sn.jpg

If anyone has a multimeter and a Nitcore try charging a Grasshopper battery in it and charge one in the Grasshopper with usb and compare the fully charged voltages.
I'm certainly no expert, but I wonder if those multimeter readings could be affected by having 2 sets of probes and the Nitecore contacts all touching the battery at once. I don't have a GH yet, but I'll give this a try next time I charge a 18650.

btka

can someone with new batteries or hopper can confirm if their batteries are labeled with gh2 and are they v2 ... maybe some7ne with batteries labeled gh1 who also own batteries labeled with gh2 can confirm a differnce between this two...

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
Guys thanks for the tips but this is not my first vaporizer, it's my 6th or 7th so i know anything about slow rip, battery life and the other stuff.
Yesterday i tried many burn off at the highest temp and the tip really goes hot.
Today when i tried with the weed, the tip doesn't burn at all even at max temp.
I tried 2 fully charged battery...
Tonight i try again...

Wolf46,

Elac

Silly rabbit trips are for kids
I
I'm certainly no expert, but I wonder if those multimeter readings could be affected by having 2 sets of probes and the Nitecore contacts all touching the battery at once. I don't have a GH yet, but I'll give this a try next time I charge a 18650.
It doesn't matter one multimeter, two multimeters or straight out of the charger they read the same.
I only took a pic like that to show the readings together for proof of the differences and that the two multimeters are the correct readings. All five of my multimeters have ony 0.01V difference in their readings of a CV supply, I've thrown away the ones I owned with greater error.

Bass Vaper

can someone with new batteries or hopper can confirm if their batteries are labeled with gh2 and are they v2 ... maybe some7ne with batteries labeled gh1 who also own batteries labeled with gh2 can confirm a differnce between this two...

Mine are all ghb1. I got them around May I believe. The SS I got end of last year. Maybe serial numbers are better tellers vs a date. I'm in the mid 3000's.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I have two batteries that are twelve weeks old, and six batteries that are one week old. One of those six is the one that was in my brand new Ti hopper. All of my batteries have GHB1 on them. These v2 batteries intrigue me...

Top Bottom